Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Black Friday plans? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11527)

Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ November 18, 2013 02:30:27 PM

Black Friday plans?

Do you plan to shop during Black Friday? If so, were will you go and what do you want to get? I'm planning to go to Target and get some Hip-Hop CDs.

JDxImpetus November 18, 2013 02:33:13 PM

3 Step Black Friday Plan

1. Not Getting Trampled
2. Buying as many 3DS Games as Possible
3. Profit

Dragonite November 18, 2013 02:50:01 PM

My Black Friday plans:

Spoiler Alert:    
Stay inside and play video games all day, like every other day.

Cat333Pokémon November 18, 2013 03:00:34 PM

Black Friday is my media shopping day. I almost always upgrade my SD cards and flash drives due to every other store trying to undercut each other. I could always use another portable hard drive, too.

Yoshi648 November 18, 2013 03:23:55 PM

Staying in my nice warm bed laughing at all the sheeple standing outside the store in the cold just to trample eachother to save $10 on a blender that will be discounted within a month anyway.

TurtwigX November 18, 2013 03:42:09 PM

If video games on my list are taking a dip, then I'm gonna look for those. If not, I'll wait until Cyber Monday. I might also buy the rest of the Kane Chronicles series on Black Friday.

What I really want is a 64 gig iPod 5th gen, but even if it does get a price drop it'll only go from really expensive to less really expensive.

Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ November 18, 2013 03:53:47 PM

In California, Target opens at 8 pm on Thanksgiving, so at least I'll get sleep.

Luxray13579 November 18, 2013 04:00:35 PM

I'll be at school. In Canada. One of these days (probably next year) I'll travel down to the States to get some good deals. Waiting outside in the "cold" is no problem, and getting trampled is even less scary. One day!

Magmaster12 November 18, 2013 05:09:24 PM

I didn't want to do anything bbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt.

http://www.examiner.com/article/blac...0-deals-so-far

Walmart: Funai 32-inch 720p LED HDTV: $98

I'd be willing to risk getting killed for that deal.

Reuniclus November 18, 2013 05:18:57 PM

No idea...I might go to Target and get some Pokémon cards that might be on sale. Might pick up a few 3DS games like Etrian Odyssey: Millenium Girl

SpikyEaredPichu96 November 18, 2013 05:36:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 288460)
If video games on my list are taking a dip, then I'm gonna look for those. If not, I'll wait until Cyber Monday. I might also buy the rest of the Kane Chronicles series on Black Friday.

What I really want is a 64 gig iPod 5th gen, but even if it does get a price drop it'll only go from really expensive to less really expensive.

You could always check the Apple store online for the refurbished ones, they're usually not too bad a price, and they might be even lower on Black Friday.

My Black Friday plans... well, we'll be having family over from Wyo, so I'll probably be spending time with them. And doing work for my Mom, maybe. Considering my birthday is about two weeks from Black Friday, I probably won't be buying anything.

blueumbreon November 19, 2013 01:36:39 AM

My family will be in New Jersey with my aunt... But we'll probably still go out like every year and grab the one mildy appealing deal we saw. I generally grab a cheap game or two along the way. Then we'll go back to my aunts at around 9-ish and promptly go back to sleep/enjoy new things.

Wolfbane5001 November 19, 2013 11:44:38 AM

Wait inside the dumpster outside of BestBuy with a shotgun.

Reuniclus November 22, 2013 10:25:00 PM

I just talked with one of my friends back home. He wants me to take him to Target to go buy a 3DS along with Pokémon X. Maybe I'll buy some cards for myself while I'm there (if there are any left ^_^; )

Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ November 23, 2013 08:39:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 288581)
I just talked with one of my friends back home. He wants me to take him to Target to go buy a 3DS along with Pokémon X. Maybe I'll buy some cards for myself while I'm there (if there are any left ^_^; )

Nobody really goes for the Pokémon cards anyway.

Cat333Pokémon November 23, 2013 09:53:24 AM

Speaking of which, the same can be said for SD cards and similar items at places like Best Buy. I remember standing in a line where half the people had televisions, game consoles, stereos, and other high dollar items, while I was there with a hard drive. :P

Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~ November 23, 2013 10:25:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 288603)
Speaking of which, the same can be said for SD cards and similar items at places like Best Buy. I remember standing in a line where half the people had televisions, game consoles, stereos, and other high dollar items, while I was there with a hard drive. :P

I'm gonna be there with my Hip-Hop CDs. :)

Cat333Pokémon November 27, 2013 12:03:37 PM

Newegg just started their Black Friday sale, so anyone who shops online should check it out:
http://www.newegg.com/Black-Friday-D...aleStore/ID-42

PureAurorae November 27, 2013 12:28:36 PM

I will catch a plane to the U.S. and buy as many Xbox games as I can (and maybe even the odd 3DS game).

Oh hang on, this isn't my dreams, is it?

Eagles November 27, 2013 02:32:25 PM

There is a 90% chance I'll be doing nothing, but there is a slight possibility I may go lookin' for some deals, those Arkham Origins & The Last of Us PS3 bundles(for $199) look pretty good. I've got a list of games I'm looking to get with or soon after purchasing the PS3 as well, but the Jak and Daxter collection and Ni No Kuni stand out to me the most right now, along with a few other exclusives.