Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Other Pokémon Gaming (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Toughest opponent in the game series? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=6783)

PokeMaster January 1, 2011 09:27:47 AM

Toughest opponent in the game series?

Who do you think is the toughest opponent in the series?

It is hard for me to say, but I would guess it would be Lance, in both R/B/G/Y and G/S/C

LucarioMario January 1, 2011 04:10:31 PM

The final trainer who's the owner of Poketopia in PBR. (Forgot the name.) He has a Palkia and an Azelf. I couldn't defeat him even with my Groudon. 030

EDIT: He has those two Pokemon the second time I battled him. Forgot to mention that. :P

Idno58 January 1, 2011 04:12:59 PM

How about Red?

PokeMaster January 2, 2011 12:45:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucarioMario (Post 128460)
The final trainer who's the owner of Poketopia in PBR. (Forgot the name.) He has a Palkia and an Azelf. I couldn't defeat him even with my Groudon. 030

Crap, that sounds hard e.o

11Trident11 January 2, 2011 02:30:43 PM

i'd have to say whitney (normal type gym learder in gen. 2) because when you fight her you have to be equal or higher level to beat her only because of her miltank. if you can beat her while under leveled, you are amazing, or just lucky.

Mezase Master January 2, 2011 06:34:13 PM

The rematch with Blue in FireRed/LeafGreen, where I could barely land a hit on his first Pokemon... granted, mine were completely underleveled, but usually I can compensate for that (hence the fact I could defeat the rest of the league). In this case I couldn't.

Some runner-ups would be Red in HG/SS and Steven Stone in Emerald.

GrassPokemonFTW January 2, 2011 07:57:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucarioMario (Post 128460)

EDIT: He has those two Pokemon the second time I battled him. Forgot to mention that. :P

The last time you battle him is even worse. X_X

Diamond users: Palkia, Kyogre, Mewtwo, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy
Pearl users: Dialga, Groudon, Mewtwo, Latios, Ho-oh, Cherrim (Waitwut?)

He's hard. Like, really hard. I haven't battled him yet, but I know he's hard.

Shadow January 3, 2011 04:25:01 AM

Since I haven't reached that guy in PBR yet, the most difficult opponent for me was Red in my SoulSilver version. Almost all of my Pokémon fainted, and I had to constantly use Revives and Max Potions to survive and eventually defeat him.

snivy January 3, 2011 05:21:12 PM

For me it would definitely be Cynthia(in diamond) her garchomps dragon rush was too strong!

Magmaster12 January 3, 2011 05:34:08 PM

I think the hardest one for me would be Cynthia in platinum.

SK January 3, 2011 06:57:51 PM

Hmm, out of the games I've played, I'd have to say... Cynthia in Platinum was the toughest to beat. Probably because I have usually 1 uberly awesome and 5 weak Pokemon (maybe a Legendary) when I beat the Pokemon champions but whatever :P

RusticShadows January 4, 2011 07:22:00 AM

Not counting Champions, I think the hardest battles for me are:

Brock - R/B/Y (Start with Squirtle or Bulbasaur? Piece of cake. However, if you're like me and start with Charmander normally, this battle instantly becomes a hassle)

Whitney - G/S/C (Her Miltank is a beast. I always struggle with her for some reason)

Clair - G/S/C (Obviously since she's the last gym leader, she's going to be a challenge, but for some reason I always find her harder than the Elite Four.)

Tate and Liza - R/S/E (Though I don't struggle as much now, my first few times through the game, these two were a real pain.)

Drake - R/S/E (I always struggle against dragon trainers.)

Lucian - D/Pl/Pt (He's killed me many a time. I'm used to him now, but my first playthrough, I actually found him harder than Cynthia)

Flare Soru January 5, 2011 10:58:14 AM

Red in HG/SS
Owner of Poketopia in PBR (Not the first time)
Anyone you fight in the Vegas-style place in PBR (Especially the leader of it...dang pokemon wheel thing)

Idno58 January 5, 2011 11:28:54 AM

I've always had trouble with Tate and Liza in Emerald. Their pokemon are perfectly strategized.

SolarYoshi January 8, 2011 07:37:13 PM

Lance in HG/SS. I was in 38-45s, and I had to trade from a game to get a pokemon to defeat his Dragonites! Then theres Red. He can screw you if you're not carful, and his Pokemon are WAY overleveled, but seemed a bit weaker then that level...

AnathemA January 9, 2011 04:47:02 AM

HG/SS, Pre-National Dex, Lance.

SERIOUSLY, TWO DRAGONITES?

MewtwoFreak21 January 22, 2011 08:29:34 AM

i Don't really know,because all of the gym leaders are easy.

Cyber_nuva January 28, 2011 02:07:59 AM

Wallace/Lance in R/S/E. I also had a hard time with Darkrai in Mystery Dungeon Time and Sky.

JC January 29, 2011 02:39:32 AM

THIS IS A B/W SPOILER    
I find the Champion of Unova hard to beat, probably the most hardest trainer to beat in the series, but that's my opinion and my Pokémon are a tad underleveled too.

Pflanze April 19, 2011 11:08:46 PM

Whitney and her Miltank were bad in Silver, but then in SoulSilver she became a monster because of Scrappy. I pick her too.

isbragg May 4, 2011 10:18:48 AM

Mewtwo in Pokemon Puzzle League. You lose to him, and you are sent back one stage to the almost as difficult Gary Oak. After years of trying, I just recently defeated Mewtwo in a match that lasted only 16 seconds.

[TRDRS]PokeTrader May 5, 2011 06:52:47 AM

For me it was Gary when he was the Champion of the Kanto in FR/LG. It took me about 3 weeks to finally beat him but it was about 5 years ago when I wasn't that good at Pokemon but still he was hard to beat.

Andeal May 5, 2011 03:08:26 PM

The whole series,huh? I'd have to say Gary Oak, when I was playing my Blue version once when I was little, I was at the time Gary Oak was in front of the Pokemon center and my only Pokemon left had 6 HP and I had no healing items, I raged. >:x

McMasters May 11, 2011 04:51:42 AM

i didn't really have much trouble with any of the opponents in-game.
i remember when i was younger having to start over when i battled blue (Gary) several times. then again i'm much more experienced now...

Alakazamaster May 11, 2011 07:29:41 PM

I would say that the most difficult trainer for me to beat was Clair back in the days of G/S/C. None of my Pokemon ever had Dragon-type moves, and Ice-type moves were pretty hard to get your hands on, which made defeating three Dragonairs and a Kingdra a pretty daunting task.

Velociraptor78 May 13, 2011 08:10:59 PM

In terms of high levels, definitely Whitney. I went in that gym around level 15 or so, and she beat my ass around like Duke Nukem in a strip club. As for sheer power, probably Barry on weekends in DPPt in the Fight Area. That guy's got a decent team!

foxbot56 May 16, 2011 06:48:58 AM

hg ss red he kicked my ass lot of times till i beat him

SolarYoshi May 22, 2011 12:37:25 PM

It'd defiantly have to be
BW Spoiler    
Ghetis. His Hydreigion was a pain. I had to use 7 revives, 2 Max revives, and some Hyper Potions and Full Restores. Not only was that a pain, but he had an Elektross, which has no weakness. (Electric and Levitate) Everything else was medium hard and easy.

LucarioMario May 22, 2011 03:36:26 PM

Yet another BW spoiler    
Weirdly, Ghetis wasn't all that hard for me. I just sent out my Mienfoo and used Jump Kick on his Hydreigion, instantly KO'd it. I probably only needed one or two hits on Elektross with, er, I forget which Pokemon it was that did that. 

The hardest opponents in White was the Elite Four. I barely had any Pokedollars on me, and thus I kept on running out of Hyper Potions and Revives. Caitlin was probably the worst since I only had one Dark type move, and Shadow Ball was on my two Psychic types, Reunclus and Victini, and pretty much all of her Pokemon had the same move, so that was kind of long. And that wasted more limited medicines needed to heal my Pokemon.

TurtwigX June 17, 2011 05:25:05 PM

Gary. Oak. Is. Gay.
He rapes me all the time in FR. It's the reason I haven't beaten it yet(I got it this year, so don't say anything).

7dewott8 June 18, 2011 05:11:38 PM

I would have to say Red from SS and HG

Kaorto June 20, 2011 01:37:00 PM

Wattson the Mauville City gym leader. Ol' Santa Claus was tough yo.

kakashidragon June 21, 2011 01:13:36 PM

the hardest opponet in games will be those darn e4 like trainers on the old TCG game on gameboy color. If you didnt have good decks to counter them you where mostly screwed. Also B/W wasnt hard as i thought it was way too easy.

Fly Guy 2 June 26, 2011 05:32:01 PM

HOENN

Modest Mouse June 27, 2011 12:21:25 PM

Cynthia, if your not prepared for garchomp, you're done.

Plusleplusminun June 28, 2011 05:36:39 PM

Ghetsis and his hacked Hydreigon

7dewott8 June 28, 2011 05:45:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun (Post 165586)
Ghetsis and his hacked Hydreigon

Quick! where is he? I can hire DR. Hax to kill him! (below is what he does)

dragonite_234 June 29, 2011 10:56:08 AM

I actually can't remember the last time I lost to anyone. Then I fought N. I had to restart at least 10 times before I could beat him. Then I beat Ghetsis in, like, 5 minutes. :P

schmutz July 2, 2011 12:20:12 PM

Red. I remember the first time I battled him, I was just exploring Mt. Silver and thought he was another random trainer in a cave. It didn't end well, especially since his first Pokemon was Pikachu and mine was a Gyarados.

AND THEN. In SoulSilver, I was expecting an Espeon and he pulls this Lapras crap on me... So yeah. It's Red.

Sub-zero July 2, 2011 01:53:59 PM

Poketopia guy. Especially because I battled him BEFORE I started EV training. I beat him, luckily.

On the portable side: I guess Steven. I think, when I first got Ruby, my team wasn't good against Steel types. I was pretty young, so...

N8theGr8 July 2, 2011 02:08:41 PM

Unlike most people, Whitney never proved to be a problem for me in GSC or in HGSS. In my most recent run of Arkeis's hack, Hard Gold, I used an Oblivious Slowking to easily decimate her team.

GHETSIS, on the other hand, is a completely different story. That Hydreigon was broken and it wasn't even legal at the level it was at. You had to pretty much rely on the fact that he would miss an attack so you could kill it off with something before your entire team was annihilated.

Fly Guy 2 January 31, 2012 09:28:45 PM

WHITNEY