Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Battles (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Open Ref: Terry807 vs. Absol (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=9875)

Terry807 March 4, 2012 05:15:39 PM

Terry807 vs. Absol

Terry807 vs. Absol

Battle Style - Single Battle; 3 Pokemon each.
Disqualification Time - 7 Days
Damage Cap - 100
Restrictions - No OHKO Moves, One Chill.
Arena - Windy Windmill Plains
A windy plain thats filled with windmills that signal if the winds are blowing. The reason why this area is called windy plains is because the wind patterns are completely RANDOM. Winds could blow gently one minute and blow at hurricane speeds the next. Flying types have an advantage depending on the wind speeds.
Ref - Open

GrassPokemonFTW March 4, 2012 05:41:04 PM

Umm...only officials are allowed to start battle threads...don't want to have to go through this fiasco again...

Er-hem...anyways, since everything but the move order was done correctly, I'll just go on with this. Just make sure not to do it again, you guys, it keeps ASB more organized if we just do it ourselves. Policy, you see.

With ASB business aside, Terry, as the challenger, you send out your Pokemon first, but no moves yet.

After that, Absol, you post your Pokemon AND moves.

Once that's been done, Terry, you may post your moves.

Terry807 March 4, 2012 05:42:36 PM

Alrighty, and sorry about that Grass.... Still very new to this.

I send out my trusted pal, Tickles [Minccino]! Ability: Technician

GrassPokemonFTW March 4, 2012 05:46:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry807 (Post 233948)
Alrighty, and sorry about that Grass.... Still very new to this.

I send out my trusted pal, Tickles!

Oh, you might want to put all the Pokemon information with the Pokemon as well. You know, such as the Pokemon species, its abilities...it makes it easier for the refs to reference. So you can just edit your post accordingly. ;)

BTW, if you have no idea what I'm talking about (that tends to happen a lot...) then you might want to take a look at the example battle here to see how they do it.

Terry807 March 4, 2012 06:19:00 PM

Okay, I edited it!

Absol March 5, 2012 05:05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rival Absol (Post 233949)
!

*checks PokeDex* A Mincinno, huh? Never battled one of those before. Okay, let's start this out with the end! Go, Omega!

Omega
Poochyena
Ability: Quick Feet

Let's go! You up for it? Take it down with a head-on Tackle! If it dodges, use Roar! Follow that up with your Scary Face!

(Hope I did this right...)

GrassPokemonFTW March 5, 2012 05:31:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absol (Post 234001)
*checks PokeDex* A Mincinno, huh? Never battled one of those before. Okay, let's start this out with the end! Go, Omega!

Omega
Poochyena
Ability:Intimidate

Let's go! You up for it? Take it down with a head-on Tackle!

(Hope I did this right...)

You post two moves, not one. Also, it just dawned on me that Poochyena can't have the Intimidate ability. So you should get that changed.

Poochyena can have the abilities: Run Away, Quick Feet, or Rattled. Change it to one of those, please.

Also, I do suggest reading the example battle to get a feel of how it's done. Again, you can read that here.

Absol March 5, 2012 05:51:44 AM

Checked the Beginners' Guide and Registration, and Intimidate isn't mentioned for banned abilities, or Poochyena. If I missed it, my bad :|
Editing post now. Sorry you have to keep repeating yourself.

ThePokeMan March 5, 2012 01:19:35 PM

Well now you have another issue. You only have moves for the first turn. Each round has 2 turns. You need a move for the second turn.

Right now your command set appears as
Tackle/Roar
But you need a move for the second turn.
Also, remember that a Pokémon in ASB can use ANY MOVE IN IT'S MOVESET.

You can check Poochyena's moveset here.

Absol March 5, 2012 01:46:53 PM

Done.

Terry807 March 5, 2012 06:59:29 PM

Tickles lets end this right quick.

Tail Slap ~ Sing!

ThePokeMan March 6, 2012 11:34:30 AM

No, Terry's right. There were no moves in the first post.
The order is:

1st trainer's Pokémon
2nd trainer's Pokémon and moves
1st trainer's moves

Next round Terry will post moves, and then you, Absol.

I should have this round up soon.

ThePokeMan March 6, 2012 02:32:56 PM

Absol
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining

Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Health: 100
Energy: 100

Terry807
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining

Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician

Tickles was surprised that her opponent was so dirty. It absolutely appaled her how much grime was in Omega's fur. She had to fix this, as nothing ticked her off as much as seeing dirt and grime! She came over to Omega, and whipped her tail back and forth in a cleaning frenzy. She cleaned Omega everywhere, but Omega was getting hurt by her tail. It was hitting her in the face, and Tickles was being too rough!
Minccino: -15 Energy
Poochyena: -15 Health

After Tickles finally backed off, Omega decided to show some strength. She reared back, and ran toward Tickles! Tickles was confused by this. What was going to happen? Omega looked like she would either mow her down or give her a hug. She hoped for the latter. She chose wrong. Omega took Tickles out, ramming her hard in the stomach. It was a full-force tackle, not a friendly hug.
Poochyena: -2 Energy
Minccino: -5 Health

As Tickles got up and brushed off, she knew that a tyrant like that could break her perfect cleanliness record! She couldn't have that! Being clean was a way of life for Tickles! What would her parents say if she got *gulp* dirty?!?! She couldn't fathom the thought. Tickles opened her pipes and sang a mind-numbing melody. She hoped it would lull the dirty predator to sleep. Sadly, Omega was too far away...
Minccino: Move FAILED (Attack Missed), -5 Energy

While Omega saw Tickles appear to sing, she heard no music. Sad, because she liked music. Either way, that clean freak was moving way too fast. She decided to slow her down. She didn't attack at all, but she did look with a menacing glare. Tickles saw the glare, and was intimidated. She decided to think twice before going over there...
Poochyena: -6 Energy
Minccino: -2 SPD

Absol
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining

Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Health: 85
Energy: 92

Terry807
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining

Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Health: 95
Energy: 80
-2 SPD

Notes:

Tail Slap's roll was 8, with 1-85 hitting.
Tail Slap's hit roll (1-38 twice, 39-75 3 times, 76-88 4 times, 89-100 5 times) was 65.
Tail Slap's crit rolls were 37, 52, and 91, with 1-6 being a critical hit.
Tackle's roll was 67, with 1-100 hitting.
Tackle's crit roll was 29, with 1-6 being a critical hit.
Sing's roll was 91, with 1-55 hitting.
Scary Face's roll was 19, with 1-100 hitting.

Terry, you're up.
After that, Absol, you can post your moves.

Terry807 March 6, 2012 02:44:28 PM

Hm... Let's make this a little better on my side.

Tickle ~ Tail Slap

Absol March 6, 2012 02:59:48 PM

Awwright Omega; let's show that Kuriboh how we do it! Shut it down with Embargo, then hit it with your irresistible Swagger! You can tough whatever that prissy pokemon dishes out!

Absol March 10, 2012 07:30:16 PM

Err, did I do something wrong o.o

GrassPokemonFTW March 10, 2012 07:36:54 PM

No, no, you did it fine. I just found that there's some old battles that haven't been reffed in a while. I get to your battle as soon as possible.

(BTW, if no one posts for a while, you can tell a ref to ref it. Also, we'll let you know if you did something wrong)

Terry807 March 13, 2012 10:02:54 AM

Not trying to sound impatient, but can someone ref this?

GrassPokemonFTW March 13, 2012 03:49:41 PM

Sorry, sorry, I'll hop to it. It's just time consuming. :U

GrassPokemonFTW March 13, 2012 04:15:24 PM

BattlerAvailable PokemonDefeated PokemonChills Remaining/Shake Offs Remaining
Absol???None1/3
Terry807???None1/3

Absol
Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Energy: 92
Embargo ~ Swagger

Terry807
Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Health: 95
Energy: 80
Tickle ~ Tail Slap

With Tickles occupied by Omega's menacing glare, Tickles wasn't as fast as she used to be. Omega hurriedly ran to Tickles, and surrounded her in a mysterious purple cloud. Tickles was a bit intimidated by the cloud, and she lost her ability to use any items.
(Mincinno: EMBARGO placed, Poochyena: -4 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 62, with 1-100 hitting]

Tickles didn't let the purple cloud phase her, and decided to do what she did best; tickle! Tickles leaped towards Omega and proceeded to tickle Omega. Omega struggled to escape Tickles' grasp, but her fuzzy tail kept her immobilized and helpless. Omega giggled and laughed and cried, and this tickling sensation took Omega down.
(Poochyena: -1 ATK, -1 DEF, Mincinno: -3 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 74, with 1-100 hitting]

Omega's quivering made her feel insecure; to think that she had been taken down by a mere tickle! Omega decided to repay the damage, and to bring Tickles' self-esteem down a few notches. She had a few choice words for this chinchilla; and she made it very clear to her. The Mincinno's temper slowly flared, and finally, it reached a critical level and made her vision red with fury.
(Mincinno: +2 ATK, CONFUSED for 5 turns, Poochyena: -4 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 37, with 1-90 hitting]

Confused and infuriated, Tickles was totally blind with rage. Tickles dashed after what she thought was Omega, but it turned out to be a windmill. The windmill blade smacked Tickles across the face, dealing sufficient damage. Omega laughed heartily, which proceeded to anger Tickles further.
(Mincinno: -8 Health, -5 Energy, CONFUSED for 4 more turns)
[Working roll: 54, with 1-50 working]

Absol???None1/3
Terry807???None1/3

Absol
Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Energy: 88

Terry807
Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Health: 87
Energy: 72
Status: What's wrong with her face...? +2 ATK. -2 SPD, CONFUSED for 4 more turns, EMBARGO placed

Absol, your moves.

Absol March 13, 2012 04:32:35 PM

:giopalm: Omega...she is female :P Thanks for reffing.

Okay Omega, we got her right where we want her! She can't heal outta that confusion! Use Howl, then finish it wiiiiith CRUNCH!

Terry807 March 13, 2012 06:19:27 PM

Hmmm... I know exactly what to do!

U-Turn ~ Switch to Static/Flail.

GrassPokemonFTW March 15, 2012 09:35:07 PM

Absol???None1/3
Terry807???None1/3

Absol
Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Energy: 88
Howl ~ Crunch

Terry807
Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Energy: 72
Status: What's wrong with her face...? +2 ATK, -2 SPD, CONFUSED for 4 more turns, EMBARGO placed
U-turn (switch to Static) ~ Flail

Omega was prepared to deliver the finishing blows already! But first things first, she needed to resuscitate her attacking power after that Tickle. She howled to the moon, though it was the middle of day, and let out all of her pent-up tension. This release helped her calm down, and allowed her to increase her attack power.
(Poochyena: -1 Energy, +1 ATK)
[No rolls were required for this turn]

No matter the odds, Tickles needed to get out of there before she caused herself any more damage. She could hardly see through the blind red rage, though! She had some difficulty pointing out the silhouette of Omega, but after some checking, she managed to collect her target! In doing so, she suddenly went back into her Pokeball. In her place, Static the Tynamo emerged to take action.
(Poochyena: -16 Health, Minccino: Switched out to Static, -6 Energy)
[Working roll: 42, with 1-50 working | Accuracy roll: 62, with 1-100 hitting | Critical hit roll: 15, with 1-6 being a critical hit]

Pokémon Sprite 602
Static
Tynamo - F
Levitate

Static was plenty faster than Omega, but when her trainer called out for Flail, she had no idea what to do! No suitable command was made, so she could only sit and do nothing.
(Tynamo: Unable to move (proper attacks not given))
[No rolls were required for this turn]

Omega didn't know what to make of her new opponent, but she ignored the sudden change with good heart. She unsheathed her sharp jaws and flaunted them at Static, which relatively frightened her. Omega suddenly made a mad dash, catching Static in her teeth, and clamped down. Static squirmed in Omega's mouth, but could not escape her intense grip.
(Tynamo: -10 Health, Poochyena: -6 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 75, with 1-100 hitting | Critical hit roll: 24, with 1-6 being a critical hit | DEF lowering roll: 50, with 1-20 lowering DEF]

Absol???None1/3
Terry807:572: [Health: 87, Energy: 66]None1/3

Absol
Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Energy: 81

Terry807
Pokémon Sprite 602
Static
Tynamo - F
Levitate
Health: 90

Terry, your moves.
Absol, your moves after that.

Absol March 16, 2012 06:01:08 AM

For future reference(pun not intended), my team is Omega, SkySword EX(Scizor), and Sexy Bunny(Buneary).

Terry807 March 16, 2012 06:01:26 AM

Alrighty, lets do this!

Thunder Wave ~ Spark

Absol March 16, 2012 06:29:25 AM

What...is....
*checks PokeDex again*
Okay, start off with Howl, then Roar! If that fails, nom the feesh!

Howl-Roar/Crunch

GrassPokemonFTW March 18, 2012 12:44:12 PM

Absol???None1/3
Terry807:572: [Health: 87, Energy: 66]None1/3

Absol
Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Energy: 81

Terry807
Pokémon Sprite 602
Static
Tynamo - F
Levitate

Static's quick thinking and movement came in handy as she charged at the Poochyena. Building up static electricity in its tiny body, it discharged thunderbolts all over the place, shocking Omega with jolts of frighteningly strong electricity. Omega could hardly move with the electricity in its fur; she had been successfully paralyzed!
(Poochyena: PARALYZED foe 5 turns, Tynamo: -4 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 82, with 1-100 hitting]

Omega had new issues to deal with, now that she was paralyzed. Still, she had to muster as much strength as she could find in her otherwise crippled body. She howled once more, building up a confidence that allowed her to stay strong in this major predicament. She still couldn't move, though...
(Poochyena: -1 Energy, +1 ATK, PARALYZED for 4 more turns)
[Paralysis effect roll: 17, with 1-75 working]

Static realized the upper she had just obtained, and knew that this was a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the situation. She used the leftover static electricity remaining in her small body, and cloaked herself within it. Then, she charged straight for Omega, slamming her entire body into Omega's sides.
(Poochyena: -9 Health, Tynamo: -5 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 33, with 1-100 hitting | Critical hit roll: 40, with 1-6 being a critical hit]

Omega wasn't liking where things were going. If she was going to prolong her ability to stay in without succumbing, she would have to be rid of the Tynamo for now. Omega ignored her paralysis for now and attempted an intimidation of the foe. Omega growled menacingly at Static, which scared her a great deal, enough for her to leap back into her Pokeball and refuse to reemerge. Suddenly, Tickles' Pokeball rolled out and opened, sending Tickles out to face Omega once again.
(Tynamo: Fled, Tickles dragged out, Poochyena: -4 Energy, PARALYZED for 3 more turns)
[Paralysis effect roll: 49, with 1-75 working | Accuracy roll: 34, with 1-100 hitting]

Absol???None1/3
Terry807:602: [Health: 90, Energy: 91]None1/3

Absol
Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Health: 76
Energy: 76
Status: That's better. +1 ATK, -1 DEF, PARALYZED for 3 more turns

Terry807
Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Energy: 66

Absol, your moves.

Absol March 18, 2012 12:47:39 PM

Omega barked evilly. Revenge time.

Yeah, she's back! I think your Quick feet will give you advantage to finish her off, so Howl, then Take Down!

Terry807 March 18, 2012 04:46:52 PM

Meh... No power blow for you :>

Charm ~ Wake Up Slap

Terry807 March 24, 2012 04:42:46 PM

Ref please?

ThePokeMan March 27, 2012 05:00:34 PM

REF GRANTED

Absol
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/dark.gif
Quick Feet
Health: 76
Energy: 76
+1 ATK
-1 DEF
PARALYZED for 3 turns

Terry807
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/normal.gif
Technician
Energy: 66

Tickles started the turn, and noticed how Omega seemed to be looking to attack her. She had to convince Omega to not attack her, but how? That's when she got an idea. Waltzing straight over to Omega, Tickles sweet talked her way through Omega. Convincing Omega to not attack her, Tickles walked back to the other side. Omega seemed deeply troubled at this point. What just happened?
Minccino: -4 Energy
Poochyena: -2 ATK

Omega was highly confused. What kind of pep talk was that, and why was she so scared that she was gonna hit her? Omega had no idea, but felt a need to boost her spirits. She looked to the sky, and let out a howl. It ripped across the sky, and filled Omega's soul with glee. She felt alive again, and now she could continue the battle.
Poochyena: -2 Energy, +1 ATK, PARALYZED for 2 turns

Tickles was slightly miffed at Omega now. Her ears were ringing now because somebody just had to howl! She couldn't help it; her temper was about to go off. Tickles lost it and ran to the other side. She slapped Omega repeatedly, almost as if she was trying to wake her up. She threw Omega to the ground in a fit of rage, brushed herself off, and walked back to her side calmly.
Minccino: -8 Energy
Poochyena: -15 Health

Omega was hurting from those slaps. She wanted to retaliate, and quickly. She wanted to make a point. However, her muscles wouldn't let her. She was frozen in place; the paralysis was acting up! She had almost forgotten about that too...
Poochyena: Move FAILED (Paralysis), PARALYZED for 1 turn

Absol
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Health: 61
Energy: 74
-1 DEF
PARALYZED for 1 turn

Terry807
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Energy: 54

Notes:

Charm's roll was 44, with 1-100 hitting.
Omega's 1st paralysis roll was 61, with 1-25 causing full paralysis.
Wake-up Slap's roll was 12, with 1-100 hitting.
Wake-up Slap's crit roll was 19, with 1-6 being a critical hit.
Omega's 2nd paralysis roll was 11, with 1-25 causing full paralysis.

You're up, Terry.

Terry807 March 29, 2012 04:47:56 PM

Alrighty, lets make this a little easier for me.

Wake-Up Slap ~ U-Turn/Switch to Static

Absol March 31, 2012 01:16:39 PM

Jump up in the air! This wind should help you dodge , and Howl>Take down!

GrassPokemonFTW April 4, 2012 05:13:44 PM

Claiming this round, because I haven't reffed in a while.

Absol
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Health: 61
Energy: 74

Terry807
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 572
Tickles
Minccino - F
Technician
Energy: 54

Tickles was now ready to go in and strike mercilessly. Taking her tail, Tickles leapt for Omega, and slapped her senseless with her tail. With each sweep, a loud, snapping sound reverberated through the skies, leaving Omega dazed. The merciless attack left her cheeks red with pain and infuriation.
(Poochyena: -14 Health | Mincinno: -7 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 32, with 1-100 hitting | Critical hit roll: 30, with 1-6 being a critical hit]

With being much slower than Tickles, there would be major consequences. Omega would have to do with what she already had; the motivation. She howled to the sky, boosting her confidence even further and increasing her attacking prowess.
(Poochyena: +1 ATK, no longer PARALYZED, -1 Energy)
[Paralysis roll: 71, with 1-75 working]

Tickles was a tad worried about Omega finally shrugging off her paralysis, but she would let someone else worry about that. In the meantime, she jumped at Omega, tackling her senseless, and then quickly retreating to the comfort and safety of her Pokeball. In the midst of all that, Static reemerged from her own Pokeball and stood, or, rather, floated face-to-face with the menacing Poochyena.
(Poochyena: -12 Health, Mincinno: -4 Energy, switched out to Tynamo)
[Accuracy roll: 28, with 1-100 hitting | Critical hit roll: 13, with 1-6 being a critical hit]

Pokémon Sprite 602
Static
Tynamo - F
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/electric.gif
Levitate
Energy: 91

Omega stared blankly at the diminutive Tynamo, vaguely thinking of how it would taste like. But first things must come first; Omega dashed haphazardly towards the potential dinner and slammed into it. Static tumbled over to the force, but Omega too lost footing and tumbled over on the ground, dealing some damage to himself.
(Tynamo: -11 Health, Poochyena: -3 Health from recoil, -6 Energy)
[Accuracy roll: 11, with 1-85 hitting | Critical hit roll: 74, with 1-6 being a critical hit]

Absol
3 Pokémon remaining
1 Chill remaining
3 Shake Offs remaining

Pokémon Sprite 261
Omega
Poochyena - F
Quick Feet
Health: 32
Energy: 67

Pokémon Sprite 602
Static
Tynamo - F
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/type/electric.gif
Levitate
Health: 79
Energy: 91

Absol, your moves.

Absol April 12, 2012 04:54:45 AM

Absol and Omega both sighed. That darn U-turn...

"Okay Omega, you've been great! One more turn and you take a nice rest, okay? Use Howl, then nom the feesh with Crunch. If you get paralyzed before you can nom the feesh, try Embargo."

Terry807 April 12, 2012 01:25:42 PM

Yeah right! Don't be intimidated by that wimpy little pooch Static!
Use Spark! Use Thunder Wave if it isn't paralyzed by Spark. If it is,
use Charge Beam!

Terry807 May 5, 2012 10:27:06 PM

*Cough* *Cough*
Ref please...

Cat333Pokémon May 5, 2012 10:55:25 PM

I'm going to lock this until Absol is no longer banned, but I doubt he'll behave afterwards anyway, so don't expect this to go anywhere. Sorry.