Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Archived Gyms (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Gym League Official Closure (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=9837)

Cat333Pokémon February 26, 2012 10:14:23 AM

Gym League Official Closure

On account of half of the staff being in agreement for the temporary closure of the gym league (with the other half not expressing any opinion) and many of our gym leaders being busy, the Victory Road Gym League has been officially closed down. We will be using this closure time to reform the design of the league to better appropriate the ever-changing metagame and allow for new experiences with with league.

All original badges will still be kept on your profiles for the time being, and they will still be on your profiles in some way, shape, or form once the new league is ready to launch.

The format is as-of-yet unknown but will likely use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection with legit (non-hacked) Pokémon, retiring Pokémon (DISALLOWED) back to its position as a simulator. With the newly-announced Pokémon Black and White 2 games coming in a mere few months for Japan, we'll be sure to incorporate them into the new league. More details on this will be out after the reform, but for now we ask you not to worry. We will make it work.

Additional information and a discussion board for ideas will be available soon.

Thank you,
Victory Road Gym League Administration

PHANTOMxTRAINER February 26, 2012 01:12:55 PM

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY NEW BEGINNINGS!~ As you know, I'm probably one of the ones most excited with this! Well, I guess I should get training for the August Tournament and the new League!

teamplasma February 26, 2012 01:42:13 PM

The more I read this the ore confused I am...

...Does that mean Gym Leaders are loosing their spots???

Ditto616 February 26, 2012 03:08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 233226)
The more I read this the ore confused I am...

...Does that mean Gym Leaders are loosing their spots???

It means that the whole system is going to get an overhaul. I'm sure there'll be sign up for when the new League is created BUT that's not right now. There is also no set date for when the new League will open.

PHANTOMxTRAINER February 26, 2012 03:35:08 PM

Could we have some input on what happens with the new league on this thread or noo?

Quadcentruo February 26, 2012 04:18:53 PM

Can you give us an estimate on when the new system will be made/start to take form or is any action on the league being postponed until staff members agree on what to do with the league?

AuraKshatriya February 26, 2012 05:29:44 PM

Ideas have been deliberated on before this decision was made, and continue to be. Part of the equation is not just the ideas generated towards this end, though. Other aspects such as activity and maintenance are also being looked into. Just as there is no set date for the release, there is also no concrete projected date at the moment. I would personally assume it to be before the end of this year, but that itself may change depending on the metagame changes BW2 brings with it.

Reshiram5 March 20, 2012 05:13:28 PM

No offense to any of the Leaders but, BUG GYM HERE I COME

Eagles March 26, 2012 03:11:32 PM

I remember all the talk of challenging the old gyms, and all the old leaders. Good times. Anyways, hopefully I'll take some participation in the next Gym League to come.

The Spirit of Time March 27, 2012 08:06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 233255)
Can you give us an estimate on when the new system will be made/start to take form or is any action on the league being postponed until staff members agree on what to do with the league?

Nothing major will be decided until the new games are out. We are hoping they carry a change to the battling experience, so don't expect too much information before the Japanese release.

PHANTOMxTRAINER March 27, 2012 03:18:34 PM

So we will get a few updates after the japanese release of bw2 for the league?

The Spirit of Time March 28, 2012 08:22:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 238327)
So we will get a few updates after the japanese release of bw2 for the league?

Yes. The release set the rules and procedures we can follow in creating the league. You are lucky that the American release is not as late as before.

PHANTOMxTRAINER March 28, 2012 04:41:07 PM

Oh.? When is that coming?

The Spirit of Time March 29, 2012 06:30:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 238488)
Oh.? When is that coming?

The American release is supposedly Autumn 2012.

kakashidragon March 30, 2012 12:53:55 PM

Hope by nov B/W2 will be around for my birthday so i can start to make teams on that when this gym thing is finished.

PHANTOMxTRAINER June 30, 2012 05:34:17 PM

Should we close this since it's reopening?