Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Ask About Staff (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Ask me a question. It's not like I'll explode or anything! (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=6098)

A'bom October 27, 2010 01:18:14 PM

Ask me a question. It's not like I'll explode or anything!

Let's get this taken care of right now: I am not, nor have I ever been, an explosive device of any sort.

Now then... you're here, so you're either very bored or you have a question for me. I'm happy to answer, so don't be shy!

Fubab_107 October 27, 2010 01:38:19 PM

What do you do to relieve boredom?

OMGITSJAD October 27, 2010 02:00:15 PM

What's your least favorite Pokémon and what is your favorite book?

Idno58 October 27, 2010 02:06:22 PM

How did you get into staff!?

A'bom October 27, 2010 02:25:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubab_107 (Post 113544)
What do you do to relieve boredom?

I sit at the computer and wait :p
But seriously, I usually browse VR or, if I'm REALLY bored, I do some sit ups and push ups to help counter the detrimental effects of a sedentary lifestyle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD (Post 113549)
What's your least favorite Pokémon and what is your favorite book?

Oh jeeze... my LEAST favorite pokemon? Well, Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp are all pretty high on my dislike list, but Machamp has to take the top spot of least favorite. So Ugly!
As for my favorite book... that's an even harder question! Reading is boring. It's been so long since I've actually read a book all the way through. Sorry, I'll have to pass on that question. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idno58 (Post 113551)
How did you get into staff!?

You'll have to wait four days and find out. =]

Jaredvcxz October 27, 2010 02:34:28 PM

Will you explode if I ask stupid questions?

Yoshi648 October 27, 2010 03:23:33 PM

How did you become so good at drawing Pokémon? What is your favorite drawing?

A'bom October 27, 2010 05:12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz (Post 113564)

Nope. Ask away! Stupid questions keep things interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshi648 (Post 113587)
How did you become so good at drawing Pokémon? What is your favorite drawing?

Study them. If possible, find a clip of one in the anime and observe it's movements throughout the episode (that is, as long as its appearances aren't stock-footage exclusive). If you can't find any like that, find an animal in real life with a similar anatomy; like a cat for espeon or a squirrel for pachirisu. memorize their movements. Then, while you're drawing, ask if the pose you're trying to draw them in is realistic. Cats don't make a T-shape with their arms by holding them out at shoulder-level, so you wouldn't draw an espeon doing that. Stuff like that.

As for my favorite, I quite fond of the one I use as my Avatar and the one in my profile picture. I'm also really proud of the riolu one.

OMGITSJAD October 27, 2010 05:37:39 PM

What's your favorite TV show and favorite episode from said TV show?
Favorite movie genre?
Favorite episode of Spongebob Squarepants? XP

GrassPokemonFTW October 27, 2010 07:07:52 PM

How do you like school? And what do you hope to do in the future?

MultiWishMaker October 27, 2010 10:50:07 PM

How many children would you like to have if you wanted to?

Shadow October 28, 2010 05:17:22 AM

What's your favourite food and drink?

A'bom October 28, 2010 08:28:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD (Post 113631)
What's your favorite TV show and favorite episode from said TV show?
Favorite movie genre?
Favorite episode of Spongebob Squarepants? XP

I'm pretty fond of Avatar: The Last Airbender. My favorite episode would probably be a tie between "Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Aang" and "The Blind Bandit". The former for all the action, the later because it's Toph's debut. She's a blind little 12-year old girl with an in-your-face attitude that can wipe out an entire squad of warriors AND bend metal (which is unique to her). What's not to like?

Movies are tough for me. I've hated going to movie theaters ever since I was just a little kid. It's dark and the sounds from the movie are so loud you can feel your internal organs vibrate. I prefer my internal organs to not be vibrating unless they are supposed to.

My favorite episode of Spongebob Squarepants would have to be the one where squidward falls off the cliff on his bike and then explodes in a nuclear mushroom. My dad and I laughed SO hard when that happened! It's one of my fondest memories. I also like pretty much any episode with "MY LEG!!!", or the DEAEAUGEAEAU fish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW (Post 113652)
How do you like school? And what do you hope to do in the future?

I like school; I hate homework. I want to help with the design and construction of websites once I graduate next year. I think having this staff position and doing the kind of work I'm doing for this site will really help me in the future. I'll actually have something to put on a resume xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiWishMaker (Post 113677)
How many children would you like to have if you wanted to?

As few as possible. Ideally, none. I love children, though; they're so cute and innocent--especially babies. They're chubby and squishy, but they smell like potatoes most of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 113699)
What's your favourite food and drink?

My dad's homemade pizza is my favorite food. I'm pretty territorial about it, actually. I get angry whenever someone takes the middle pieces (it's rectangular) and tend to eat about half the pizza, if not more. He usually has to make two pizzas to keep me from going crazy :p

My favorite drink is water. As you can see from my eating habits, I can't afford to drink soft drinks or other sugary beverages. Also, carbonated beverages give me the hiccups unless I use a straw to blow bubbles and get the air out of it.

11Trident11 October 28, 2010 02:35:47 PM

are you really not going to explode?

BlackRayquaza October 28, 2010 02:45:12 PM

HAHAHA! whut?

You design styles for forums?

Am I cool to you? D:

Am I hated behind my back when you're online and I'm not?

A'bom October 28, 2010 03:11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Trident11 (Post 113792)
are you really not going to explode?

I don't plan on it, no. You can never really be sure about these things, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackRayquaza (Post 113798)
You design styles for forums?

Am I cool to you? D:

Am I hated behind my back when you're online and I'm not?

Well, designing styles for forums is one of the things I hope my future job will encompass. I have made a couple of style sheets before, though; I hope to do more soon.

I don't know you very well, BR, so I haven't developed any sort of opinion as to what I think of you.

You don't appear to be hated. Not that I can see, anyway.

JC February 28, 2011 09:23:43 AM

How long have you been playing the Games?
What's your Favorite Generation of Pokémon?

A'bom February 28, 2011 09:48:01 AM

I've been with pokemon since the beginning. I remember the exact moment my mom gave me pokemon red. I was in the kitchen, and it was right after school. I was a bit confused at first, because it wasn't my birthday and it was no special occasion. I caught a pidgey that night, and I was so proud of myself. Even today, I'm still pleased by the simple things in life :p

My favorite generation, however, has to be generation 2. I have VERY vivid memories of it, and get a distinct sensation when thinking about it. My friend got it before me, and he and I talked on the phone for several hours while he played Gold one night (since I didn't have Gold yet). His cyndaquil evolved into quilava while I was on the phone, and I thought flame wheel was the coolest thing ever. His togepi also hatched while I was on the phone with him. I was so excited for the new pokemon, ESPECIALLY espeon. I always loved eevee and its forms, but I simply adored espeon. Generation 2 was the most exciting for me. Because of all the new evolutionary forms, and the fact that we were suddenly getting a bunch of new pokemon that we didn't know about before. No generation has quite matched up to it for me.

Cyrus February 28, 2011 01:10:59 PM

What pokemon is your favorite starter? (excluding 5th gen)

A'bom February 28, 2011 02:38:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus (Post 143738)
What pokemon is your favorite starter? (excluding 5th gen)

Cyndaquil. No contest. Generations two and four are the only ones with mammalian starters, and I'm not a fan of monkeys. Cyndaquil is a cute, chubby little thing that you'd have to be crazy not to hug. After Cyndaquil is Oshawott (which is not my favorite starter, so the excluding 5th generation does not apply :P). I go for the cute ones. Or, In the case of the final evolved form, the least ugly.

Arceus is Epic March 23, 2011 05:15:57 PM

How did you think of the name "A'bom"?
What is your favorite color?
Why can't you math?

A'bom March 23, 2011 07:10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arceus is Epic (Post 149208)
How did you think of the name "A'bom"?
What is your favorite color?
Why can't you math?

A'bom is a concatenation of several things. I can't get into too much detail, but the first part is Quilava (see my sig).

My favorite color is red-orange. It looks like it would taste good if it had a flavor. Kind of a sweet-and-sour thing going on, you know what I mean?

My difficulty with math probably has to do with an underdeveloped or malfunctioning intraparietal sulcus (located on the top-back part of the brain). In other words, it makes my brain sad. I've always struggled with math, and I have a hard time doing simple addition and subtraction in my head. In fact, I'm SO bad at math, I had to change my career path in college to something that doesn't require math. Wouldn't you know it, web game programming doesn't require math!

Aquablast June 17, 2011 07:52:04 AM

Do you like Abom?

A'bom June 17, 2011 09:41:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquablast (Post 163984)
Do you like Abom?

You'll need to make the question a bit more specific. Are you asking me if I have high self-esteem, or is this just a silly question?

Aquablast June 17, 2011 11:21:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A'bom (Post 164005)
You'll need to make the question a bit more specific. Are you asking me if I have high self-esteem, or is this just a silly question?

I mean do you like the Pokemon Abom since your name is A'bom?

Jaredvcxz June 17, 2011 02:06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furryvcxz (Post 113564)

I made this post ages ago but I never asked a stupid question.

Allow me to fix that.

If the sky was the color of blood on the fourth moon of the second harvest, and the rivers were made of cream cheese while Cheetas pranced around the fields of chocolate like rabbits, would you still have a pet hamster in your pocket?

A'bom June 17, 2011 04:44:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquablast (Post 164033)
I mean do you like the Pokemon Abom since your name is A'bom?

You mean do I like the pokemon Aipom? No, I don't. I've never been a fan of monkeys. My username has nothing to do with Aipom. It's mere coincidence that it sounds like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furryvcxz (Post 164052)
I made this post ages ago but I never asked a stupid question.

Allow me to fix that.

If the sky was the color of blood on the fourth moon of the second harvest, and the rivers were made of cream cheese while Cheetas pranced around the fields of chocolate like rabbits, would you still have a pet hamster in your pocket?

That's a trick question. The answer is rootbeer.

Jaredvcxz June 17, 2011 04:58:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A'bom (Post 164090)
That's a trick question. The answer is rootbeer.

OMFG Why do you have to be such a pervert?!

A'bom June 17, 2011 05:28:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furryvcxz (Post 164093)
OMFG Why do you have to be such a pervert?!

Am I really though, or have I merely infiltrated your mind and forced you to unknowingly make use of the Freudian defense mechanism called projection in which the individual unconsciously associates the negative or unwanted trait or feeling with another individual and perceiving it as though they are the one who is suffering from said trait?

Idno58 June 17, 2011 05:41:48 PM

What would happen if Pinocchio said, "My nose will grow right now"?

Jaredvcxz June 17, 2011 06:12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A'bom (Post 164102)
Am I really though, or have I merely infiltrated your mind and forced you to unknowingly make use of the Freudian defense mechanism called projection in which the individual unconsciously associates the negative or unwanted trait or feeling with another individual and perceiving it as though they are the one who is suffering from said trait?

HEY HEY HEY. WE'RE the ones asking questions around here!

Aquablast June 20, 2011 06:15:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A'bom (Post 164090)
You mean do I like the pokemon Aipom? No, I don't. I've never been a fan of monkeys. My username has nothing to do with Aipom. It's mere coincidence that it sounds like it.

Sorry I put Abom instead of Aipom.

NismoZ June 20, 2011 07:05:41 AM

Are you sure you won't explode?

A'bom June 20, 2011 09:14:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoZ (Post 164368)
Are you sure you won't explode?

*checks pockets for combustible materials* Yup. Not in the sense of a firey explosion, anyway.

Idno58 June 20, 2011 09:16:30 AM

Is Health?

AuraKshatriya July 3, 2011 08:55:18 AM

Favourite type of Science?

A'bom July 3, 2011 09:19:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idno58 (Post 164108)
What would happen if Pinocchio said, "My nose will grow right now"?

Well, first of all, he'd need to look at the tense of his sentence. "Will grow" implies the future, while "right now" implies the present. It's a stretch, but I think his nose would grow because, strictly speaking, it was not growing at the time he said "now". Since time is an abstract concept and it is never quantized how long "now" is, even a femtosecond after he finished saying the word "now" would constitute a lie, thus causing his nose to grow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idno58 (Post 164379)
Is Health?

Is sentence fragment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya (Post 166503)
Favourite type of Science?

I am particularly fond of physics. It explains how the universe works the way it does... or, at least, it attempts to. A lot of stuff we think we know about the universe is actually unprovable... no one has actually sat next to an O-class hyper-giant star and counted how long it took to go from its core initiating nuclear fusion to when it goes supernova. That's all just a guess based on assumptions that are assumed to be reasonable. Do we really know how much of the solar atmosphere is thrown off during a coronal mass ejection? No, but we can make some pretty good guesses. Physics attempts to explain all that, and that's why I like it. I'm particularly interested in the really big and the really small, as you can probably tell by now. Relativity and quantum mechanics. That sort of thing. The two systems are so different, yet they both accurately explain the world we live in (as far as we can tell). Somewhere out there, there's a formula that brings the two together to explain how it all works, but I certainly won't find it due to my inability to math. Only God really knows, and it doesn't look like He intends to tell us outright. We're gonna have to figure it out ourselves.

SyracuvatTenlii August 5, 2011 01:04:53 PM

So I got a few questions-
1) Do you really wear those kinds of glasses on your avatar?
2) How long have you been a Content Staff member?
3) Do you have aspirations to become a Moderator or Admin?

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 5, 2011 02:35:06 PM

Was your favorite pokemon ever Aipom? When i thnk of your username, Aipom comes to mind...

A'bom August 5, 2011 03:43:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 180840)
Was your favorite pokemon ever Aipom? When i thnk of your username, Aipom comes to mind...

Quite the contrary, I very much dislike aipom. I've never really been a fan of monkeys. Until recently, I just couldn't figure out why people made that connection, other than that they sound similar. I realized that it's because they don't know the origin of the name, which only a few people know. If it helps to remember, look at my avatar and think "Quilava'bom".

Oh, and my favorite pokemon EVER is Espeon :196:
Eeveelutions in general are the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii (Post 180817)
So I got a few questions-
1) Do you really wear those kinds of glasses on your avatar?
2) How long have you been a Content Staff member?
3) Do you have aspirations to become a Moderator or Admin?

1. Well, my real glasses don't have bottom rims, just top ones. Oh yeah, and they don't levitate in front of my nose, either. Also, quilavas' ears aren't quite in the right place for the ear handles, y'know?
2. That's going back quite a way. Let's see, it was before Halloween of last year, and I remember people asking, "Why the crud is A'bom a staff member?" because the Zoroark skin hadn't been put up yet, so it was mid-october.
3. If I became a moderator, most people would probably dislike me quite a bit due to my incredibly high standards. I wouldn't doubt I'm sure that there are even some other staff members that hate my guts. After all, it's probably embarrassing to have the lowest-ranking staff member call you out on something you did wrong, then cite the specific rule you've violated directly from the terms of service.
My skills aren't in moderation, though. You gotta be a people person to do that. I'm much more qualified for an administrative position. After all, knowledge of that sort of thing goes along with a degree in Computer Information Systems.

Jaredvcxz August 16, 2011 07:15:04 AM

What's your favorite pony?

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 16, 2011 09:22:19 AM

Why do you have a Quilava with Glasses?

A'bom August 16, 2011 09:39:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz (Post 185049)
What's your favorite pony?

Well, it depends on what type of pony you are talking about.

Well, I prefer to keep my hair in a ponytail that's closer to the base of my neck. It looks more masculine. However, my hair isn't quite long enough to get all of it into a ponytail that far down, so sometimes I have to put it up a little higher.

In the more likely event you are talking about My Little Pony, there are only two I know by name (due to the outspoken fanbase on this site): Rainbow Dash and Derpy. Derpy obviously gets my vote because the eyes look funny.

In response to Phantom, who posted as I was posting this:
I have a quilava with glasses because my pokemon of choice is a quilava. Fire and earth have always been elements I've associated myself with more than water or air, so what better than a volcano pokemon to represent me? As for the glasses, I wear glasses. It's that simple. You might also notice the extra fire extending down from behind the ears. That's a reference to my long hair. The eyes are blue more to represent that I don't really "fit in" really well into social groups. I've always been an oddball. I don't really have blue eyes. The blue jacket is similar to one I got while visiting Montana a little over ten years ago. I was really overweight then, so it still fits me :faec:

Arceus is Epic August 16, 2011 04:18:47 PM

You were overweight?
And what did you do to lose it? (I noticed "were" put in there)

A'bom August 16, 2011 05:04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arceus is Epic (Post 185439)
You were overweight?
And what did you do to lose it? (I noticed "were" put in there)

Yes, I was overweight. I actually weigh LESS now than I did in the 8th grade! I'm about 185 pounds right now. The heaviest I ever was: 240.
As for what I did to lose the weight: I did nothing.
No. Seriously. I did nothing. The family went away on a vacation and I was too preoccupied trying to catch a shiny Shinx to realize I need to feed myself more than once a day. I lost all the weight in one summer. People who hadn't seen me during that time looked like this when they saw me:
:gwah:
It was so awesome. That's about the same time I decided to grow my hair out, too. It was like I graduated from highschool and underwent a transformation. Hopefully I don't transform back!

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 16, 2011 05:13:09 PM

Did you make your avatar? Its pretty epic.

PokeRemixStudio August 23, 2011 06:08:03 PM

Knowing how you're into meterology, do you believe in the use of HAARP for atmospheric and seismic manipulation?

GalliumGrant August 23, 2011 06:20:42 PM

Is your hair on fire?

A'bom August 23, 2011 06:32:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 185482)
Did you make your avatar? Its pretty epic.

Yes I did. Sorry for taking so long to respond; I've been busy with School.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio (Post 190157)
Knowing how you're into meterology, do you believe in the use of HAARP for atmospheric and seismic manipulation?

HAARP, by its very nature, is an atmosphere-manipulating project. The purpose of it is to see if it's possible to alter to ionosphere to make it more conducive to radio and telecommunications signals. Considering its location, I think there is little to no chance of it being something that could manipulate the atmosphere to the extent of weather control. The idea of it being used for controlling seismic activity is preposterous. The experiments are being done in the ionosphere, not the earth's crust. Manipulating the earth's magnetic field to cause an earthquake is also ridiculous. Earth's core has a strength of 25 Gauss. A refrigerator magnet has a strength of 50 Gauss. Refrigerator magnets do not cause earthquakes.
If that isn't enough to make the conspiracy theorists rethink their arguments, consider the ultra-high-powered HAARP on steroids that blasts our ionosphere constantly: the Sun. Our sun has blasted earth with solar storms more powerful than we can even imagine, and we're still here today. All that happens during one of these storms is a magnificent display of Auroras near the mid and lower latitudes. And mass failure in communications technologies. HAARP, in my mind, is no threat.

WALL OF TEXT YAY!

Quote:

Is your hair on fire?
Nope. Quilava have fireproof fur. Pretty handy, huh?

7dewott8 August 23, 2011 06:33:47 PM

Why do you like quilava?

A'bom August 23, 2011 06:42:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 190185)
Why do you like quilava?

Because I like fire, and Quilava is cute. Fire has so many potential uses. Having power over earth due to being a volcano pokemon has its perks, as well.

Jaredvcxz August 27, 2011 08:46:31 AM

Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

PHANTOMxTRAINER August 27, 2011 10:14:06 AM

Do you hate math?

A'bom August 27, 2011 06:53:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz (Post 192075)
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

I to look at having being made to see I like am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 192170)
Do you hate math?

It's the bane of my existence. I can't do math in my head to save my life. I've always struggled with it, and it's the only class I've even had to THINK about dropping out of. If it weren't for math, I would be a meteorologist right now.

11Trident11 August 27, 2011 07:47:35 PM

BOOOOOOOMMMMM

two questions
1 do you like minecraft
2 are you entirely sure your not going to explode?

7dewott8 August 27, 2011 08:06:09 PM

What is your favorite food?

SyracuvatTenlii August 27, 2011 08:09:09 PM

Are you still a Skin Designer even though you're an Assistant mod and not a Content Staffer?

GalliumGrant August 27, 2011 08:11:33 PM

Don't all these questions drive you mad?

A'bom August 27, 2011 08:13:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Trident11 (Post 192853)
two questions
1 do you like minecraft
2 are you entirely sure your not going to explode?

1. I certainly have nothing against Minecraft. If you like Minecraft, more power to you! I, however, do not play it. I hear it's quite addicting. I don't know much about it, but there's apparently a Lego-type element to it. That appeals to me, since I love building.
2. Explode, no. Quilavas have been known to erupt from time to time, though. You should probably be wary of that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 192889)
What is your favorite food?

It varies, but you can't go wrong with tacos and burritos. Anything can go in those: Spaghetti, peanut butter and jelly, meat and cheese, macaroni, fruit and cream cheese, pizza toppings... you get the idea. The most versatile of all foods!

Quote:

Are you still a Skin Designer even though you're an Assistant mod and not a Content Staffer?
1. It's hard to tell at the moment, honestly. I'm kind of still a web designer/developer, but it's for senior project instead of VR right now. Just two more months and I'll probably be able to whip up a little something :3

Quote:

Don't all these questions drive you mad?
Are you kidding? I love them! It lets people get a little glimpse into the chaos that is my mind. :faec:

Spangbot September 25, 2011 10:22:38 PM

What's the most epic (and I mean EPIC) book or story you've ever read?

A'bom September 26, 2011 09:31:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailbot (Post 205704)
What's the most epic (and I mean EPIC) book or story you've ever read?

If I told you, I would not only get laughed at, but also mocked, ridiculed, hated, etc. But then again, persecution by the masses never stopped me before.

The Bible is the most epic book I've ever read.

Cat333Pokémon February 9, 2012 12:16:17 PM

What made you interested in designing skins and such for Victory Road?

A'bom February 9, 2012 12:23:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 231317)
What made you interested in designing skins and such for Victory Road?

At the time, I was taking a Web Design class, learning HTML and CSS. I wanted to mess around with the CSS more, but wasn't sure how until I figured out I could look at the source code for websites by right-clicking and selecting the option to do so. Most of the resulting text document was such that I had no idea what it meant (I do, of course, understand all of it now), but I did understand the part of the code having to do with CSS. Basically, I decided to mess around with VR's CSS in an effort to learn more about the language.

GalliumGrant February 9, 2012 05:02:06 PM

Are you secretly Chester A. Bum?

Reuniclus February 10, 2012 05:42:02 AM

How did you learn to draw so well?

Quadcentruo February 10, 2012 01:23:21 PM

So wait, you don't explode like Twiggy does?

If you could make a mod for Minecraft, would you and what would it be?

A'bom February 10, 2012 08:42:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalliumGrant (Post 231349)
Are you secretly Chester A. Bum?

Nope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 231390)
How did you learn to draw so well?

I start by drawing a really cruddy drawing, then I draw it again, but so that it looks less cruddy, then I draw it again, until it looks less cruddy, then I draw it again until it looks less cruddy, then eventually it turns into what you see when I upload pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 231408)
So wait, you don't explode like Twiggy does?

If you could make a mod for Minecraft, would you and what would it be?

I don't explode, but Quilava have been known to erupt if provoked or angered. This particular quilava is capable of cataclysmic vulcanism, so don't cross him ;3

If I could make a mod. Buh huh huh... Ask Shade, I think mods are evil and I refuse to use them, even if I think the concept of them is fantastic (such as better weapon enchanting, the nether expansion mod, aether mod, etc). BUT, if I could make one, it would be a mod to add new biomes. I was very excited to see the Jungle biome added to 1.2, and I got to thinking about other biomes that would be a nice addition.
So far, I've considered Riparian zones and glaciers, though such things would probably fall more into the "structures" portion of the code like abandoned mineshafts and NPC villages. I have noticed from time to time that there will be odd areas of exposed rock while exploring the world. I typically call areas like that "wasteland". So I thought that might be a cool one to add, as well. Karsts would also be cool, though more of a structure than a biome. Other content would be stuff like coral reefs, ocean trenches that go to bedrock, shipwrecks that would contain treasure and stuff... that sort of thing.
Now, for the NETHER... I would love to see soulsand beaches near lava, and nether-specific vegetation, including fireproof trees. One of my more developed ideas is the glowstone cliff biome, which is exactly what it sounds like. Then the obsidian cavern, which would be like an overhang of obsidian with HUGE glowstone stalactites hanging down from it en mass, with smaller stalagmites on the floor. Then there would also be nether-specific ores, new mobs, and I could go on for a very long time with all my ideas, but I'm afraid this post has already reached tl;dr length! D:

PHANTOMxTRAINER February 25, 2012 06:33:38 AM

Choice of death?

A'bom February 25, 2012 09:02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER (Post 232973)
Choice of death?

Being run over by a Moped.

Reuniclus March 9, 2012 05:38:30 AM

Long hair or short hair, which do you prefer?

A'bom March 9, 2012 09:33:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 234640)
Long hair or short hair, which do you prefer?

On me, long hair. My ponytail is my thing. Mom tries to get me to cut it from time to time, but the answer is always no.

7dewott8 March 9, 2012 11:40:13 AM

What is your favorite vegetable?

A'bom March 9, 2012 06:18:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 234683)
What is your favorite vegetable?

Spinach. If you don't like vegetables, eat spinach. You get the most bang for your buck with that one. You get 510% of your daily recommended value of vitamin K in one serving.

Quadcentruo March 9, 2012 06:22:24 PM

What is the primary function of vitamin K?

A'bom March 10, 2012 08:01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 234741)
What is the primary function of vitamin K?

Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that stores itself in your body fat (and liver). Its main function is to help blood clot (more specifically, coagulate). So, an example of how it would benefit you:

Let's say you've got a problem with nose bleeds. The kind that you have to literally shove a tissue up your nose to stop it, but then it just pools in your sinuses and goes down your throat (Ick!). Vitamin K will put a stop to that. In my personal experience, cuts that would bleed for five minutes now stop in about thirty seconds.

Now, it's not going to help a whole lot if, say, your arm gets hacked off, but for minor injuries, you will notice a difference within a few days of eating a spinach salad.

Reuniclus March 10, 2012 12:06:03 PM

What is your favorite season and why?

A'bom March 10, 2012 04:10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 234926)
What is your favorite season and why?

I like spring because of the rain and thunderstorms. I'm not particularly fond of the nasty thunderstorms that bring with them hail and tornadoes, but standard thunderstorms are very calming for me. There's also the fact that everything is turning green.

Reuniclus March 13, 2012 08:18:20 AM

If you could make up a custom move for battling, what would it be?

A'bom March 13, 2012 12:18:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 235621)
If you could make up a custom move for battling, what would it be?

Meltdown
Special Fire-type
Power 500 Accuracy -- PP 1
Poisons user, burns up its held item, remaining attacks' PP are reduced to 1, and attack and special attack drop to -6 regardless of prior stat boosts. The only means of avoiding is Shadow Force. Requires one turn to charge.

So power wise, it's a fire-type de-nerfed explosion. Overpowered? Probably. Do I care? Not really. As for the animation...
On the first turn, the user glows white and the sound effect for earthquake is played. On the second turn, background takes on a dull red hue and displays a radiation hazard sign while a warning siren sounds. The sign fades away, but the siren continues as the user glows again. Once the glowing reaches its peak, a shockwave shoots out and the camera angle shifts upward to look at the nuclear mushroom from below. Then the siren and the graphics fade out.

7dewott8 March 13, 2012 12:32:23 PM

What has to be the funniest memory you can remember?

Quadcentruo March 13, 2012 12:34:13 PM

Shiny Glaceon or shiny Quilava. Which is better in your opinion?

A'bom March 13, 2012 03:12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 235672)
What has to be the funniest memory you can remember?

Unfortunately, the funniest things are always "You had to be there" things.
Here's the first thing that came to mind. My siblings and I found a picture my sister had drawn many, many years ago. The people in the picture looked like they had noses for left ears and right ears on their necks. I borrowed a quote from the Fairly Odd Parents saying, "That thing on your neck. Is that your ear?" Then my brother made a noise like he was throwing up and slapped his hand on the paper and said, "Oh, it looks better now!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 235674)
Shiny Glaceon or shiny Quilava. Which is better in your opinion?

Neither is that creative or pleasing in my eyes. If quilava had the blue fire like that bloated piece of pork Emboar, then quilava would win. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd go with glaceon because eeveelution.

Reuniclus March 14, 2012 05:38:24 AM

How many different languages can you speak?

A'bom March 16, 2012 07:40:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 235810)
How many different languages can you speak?

English and Spanish. That's it. Spanish is more of just dabbling. I could MAYBE hold out a decent conversation with a 4-year old.

Reuniclus March 19, 2012 04:47:34 AM

What happens when you divide by zero?

A'bom March 19, 2012 09:33:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 236859)
What happens when you divide by zero?

This

Quadcentruo March 19, 2012 11:51:00 AM

Have you ever exploded?

A'bom March 19, 2012 01:20:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 236912)
Have you ever exploded?

Why do I feel like I've been asked this before? Y'know, I decided to do a little more looking into the definition of explosion. Turns out that any time there is a localized pressure change there is an explosion. There are, however, two different categories of explosions, being deflagrations and detonations. The title of my question thread is implying the latter. However, many of my attacks are indeed capable of releasing supersonic shock waves, making them detonations. Either way, I have in fact exploded.

7dewott8 March 20, 2012 02:29:51 AM

A'bom; Y U NO GET STRONGER ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)?

Reuniclus March 20, 2012 08:06:54 AM

Do Quilava, like you, like to wear hats or sunglasses?

A'bom March 20, 2012 08:16:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 237028)
A'bom; Y U NO GET STRONGER ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)?

It's hard to get more powerful when you're already the most powerful and versatile quilava on the internet. There's also the distinct lack of RP battlers that battle the way I do, but if there is someone out there who thinks they can deal with a volcano, bring it on >:3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus
Do Quilava, like you, like to wear hats or sunglasses?

For the inexperienced quilava, any sort of head wear is problematic due to the tendency for fire to burn stuff. Yeah, we can turn off the flames and put on the hat, but my personal preference is to let my fire burn nice and bright for all to see. After all, the best way to judge a quilava's strength is by the intensity of its fire. Some of us are known to be particularly fond of fedoras, though.

As for sunglasses, those are a bit more manageable. I wear regular glasses for my near-sightedness. It's hard to describe, but you just learn to "balance" them on your nose. Refer to my avatar or most of my other quilava drawings for a reference.

Reuniclus March 20, 2012 08:38:33 AM

Do you put your flames in a certain kind of hairstyle?

A'bom March 20, 2012 10:28:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 237067)
Do you put your flames in a certain kind of hairstyle?

Reuniclus March 26, 2012 06:33:51 AM

What is your favorite item/mob in minecraft?

A'bom March 26, 2012 10:24:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 238047)
What is your favorite item/mob in minecraft?

Oh wow, it's so hard to choose. For my favorite mob, Iron Golems. How can you not love a gentle giant that hands out flowers to baby squidwards? It's a guardian for the innocent, and that's just awesome.

My favorite item... Chests. They hold things. ALL THE THINGS. They have treasure. They have loot. You never know what's in them until you open them.

Then again, you have a moment kind of like this one when you open the chest and there's nothing but string and gunpowder in it.

7dewott8 March 26, 2012 12:20:38 PM

If you had to be one animal, what would you be?

Eagles March 26, 2012 12:36:32 PM

Have you ever had a bully?

A'bom March 26, 2012 05:15:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7dewott8 (Post 238102)
If you had to be one animal, what would you be?

Probably a fox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 238106)
Have you ever had a bully?

I was bullied throughout elementary school because I was fat, slow, and naive. If people were talking about something and I asked what it was, they said I was "too young", even if I was older than them (I was the third youngest in the class). I was almost always last to finish running the mile in physical education class, and typically just picked on in general.

Reuniclus March 27, 2012 08:31:25 AM

Would you ever want a pet bird?

A'bom March 27, 2012 10:18:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 238248)
Would you ever want a pet bird?

You mean like African Senegal and Budgerigar down in the living room? Yeah. My preference is toward smaller birds like the Budgerigar, though. They can't bite as hard.