Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon X and Y (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Fancy Vivillon announced (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11704)

Dragonite May 23, 2014 07:26:16 AM

Fancy Vivillon announced

Yesterday Pokémon announced that they'd be putting out a special patterned Vivillon upon the mark of one hundred million GTS trade (source). They're currently at 84 million . . . another month or so after this post is written, I'd guess, unless the Pokémon community bands together with another Magnemite coil like they did in Black and White 2.

They suggested they'd be posting more information on it some time soon.

Anyone especially interested? I'm not one who tries to collect all patterns of Vivillon, but I'll probably pick the thing up when they give it out via some "special distribution event" (probably either WiFi or the Pokémon Trainer Club) just for the sake of having it around.

Sub-zero May 23, 2014 10:36:15 AM

Ya, download just to have an event Pokemon. :3

Cat333Pokémon May 23, 2014 02:59:50 PM

I kind of collect them, but I've found that getting them isn't easy when people are greedy on the GTS.

Dragonite May 23, 2014 03:36:16 PM

"Hi, wanna trade your Level 1 Zekrom for my Spewpa?" "Go away."

Nytz May 23, 2014 04:13:14 PM

I personally am a fan of the butterfly/moth pokemon (Butterfree always and forever will be my most favorite), so Vivillion is getting got.... not to mention, it's being distributed by easy means, so traveling to some specific place isn't an issue. Even if I don't want it, I could always trade it for something else... but since I love all the butterfly/moth pokemon, I don't see that happening.

Dragonite July 7, 2014 01:49:16 PM

Well, it's out! 100 million trades, and the Fancy Vivillon is available via regular old Mystery Gift until the end of July in all regions. Source

Anyone going to try and make a competitive set out of this? I'm not a fan of Vivillon as a Pokémon but I do like the design of Fancy, so I probably will (eventually).

kakashidragon July 7, 2014 02:00:20 PM

Hmmm timid or modest? Cant decide.

Reuniclus July 7, 2014 02:50:36 PM

You can soft reset for a good nature and ability, but the IVs are randomized. It doesn't seem worth the time to soft reset for all of those things.

kakashidragon July 7, 2014 02:55:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 294574)
You can soft reset for a good nature and ability, but the IVs are randomized. It doesn't seem worth the time to soft reset for all of those things.

Dosnt the game set the 2-3 31 ivs in a stat thing on it?

Reuniclus July 7, 2014 02:56:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 294575)
Dosnt the game set the 2-3 31 ivs in a stat thing on it?

That only applies for legendaries, unfortunately. :/

I went to the IV guy three different times and I didn't get any perfect stats with Vivillon.

kakashidragon July 7, 2014 03:25:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 294576)
That only applies for legendaries, unfortunately. :/

I went to the IV guy three different times and I didn't get any perfect stats with Vivillon.

Well that sucks :(
Also what does HoldHands do?

Reuniclus July 7, 2014 03:32:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 294579)
Well that sucks :(
Also what does HoldHands do?

Maybe promotes friendship? It's only usable in double battles with your ally Pokémon. It either increases a Pokémon's happiness, or does absolutely nothing. :P

Dragonite July 7, 2014 03:32:52 PM

From the description, I'm guessing it raises Friendship a few points but I haven't tried it out yet.

Edit: Reun stop typing faster than me D:

kakashidragon July 7, 2014 03:35:52 PM

I wounder how much happiness if it does raise it? Lol use smeagle with this Holdhands and HappyHour for the ultimate combo.