Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Pokémon Black and White: Confirmed Release Date & More (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=6697)

Aquablast December 27, 2010 06:40:27 AM

Pokémon Black and White: Confirmed Release Date & More

Nintendo has officially reported via press release that Black and White will be released in North America on March 6th, 2011 (roughly when it had been expected to).

Additional details have also been revealed, including that "Black City and White Forest" will have the same name in the US version. Finally, an official trailer for the games was coupled with the press release revealing Munna, Chrimary, Hihidaruma, and Gigaisu, whose names were later released on the official website.

New Pokémon Names
Minccino (Japanese: Chillarmy)
Gigalith (Japanese: Gigaiath)
Sandile (Japanese: Meguroco)
Blitzle (Japanese: Shimama)
Pidove (Japanese: Mamepato)
Klink (Japanese: Gear)
Darmanitan (Japanese: Hihidaruma)
Munna (and probably Musharna) keep their names for the English versions

New Ability Names
Encourage --> Sheer Force
Overconfidence --> Moxie
Pigeon Heart --> Big Pecks

Other New Names
Professor Araragi --> Professor Juniper
Hiun City --> Castelia City

Official Black and White Trailer:

Sources
Release Date, Pokémon Names, Ability Names: Pokémon Black & White Official Site
Other & Confirmation: Serebii & Pokebeach

Shadow December 27, 2010 08:51:10 AM

I have something to put forward which I hope will not offend you: if you're not capable of reporting information properly, there's no point in doing it at all.

Anyways, I'm extremely happy that the release date is in March! The English names actually sound pretty decent overall (except for Moxie, which I don't know how they chose), and the video is amazing. My anticipation has reached unbelievable heights now; Pokémon Black, get released already!

OMGITSJAD December 27, 2010 09:20:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 126691)
I have something to put forward which I hope will not offend you: if you're not capable of reporting information properly, there's no point in doing it at all.

Yeah, try to use proper grammar and spelling as well as write your own article instead of just copy/pasting someone else's.

Also, nice, I was thinking the release would be early March. :3

[TRDRS]PokeTrader December 27, 2010 09:23:10 AM

Awesome! I hope they do come out March 6! The games keep getting released earlier and earlier, Yay!

Alakazamaster December 27, 2010 09:34:31 AM

inb4 people raging at the new names.

I for one find all of this news pleasing. The American translations for both Pokemon and moves seem fine, and March 6 is satisfyingly early. At this point, I'm just waiting on all of the Pokemon names to be translated!

FreezeWarp December 27, 2010 09:42:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazamaster (Post 126704)
inb4 people raging at the new names.

I for one find all of this news pleasing. The American translations for both Pokemon and moves seem fine, and March 6 is satisfyingly early. At this point, I'm just waiting on all of the Pokemon names to be translated!

They're actually better than Gen4 for me...

Case and point: Bidoof

snivy December 27, 2010 10:17:56 AM

It's going to be released 2 days after my birthday!

RotomGuy December 27, 2010 10:29:01 AM

Minccino, pronounciation plz?
Gigalith is a cool name!
Sand+Crocodile
BITZLE AND SNITZEL
Pidove, a mix of Pee and Dove?
Alright, RotomGuy, prepare to sound stupid, but I think Klink sounds cute.
Darmantion: RAEG IN A BAD WAY
Munna should jolly well keep there english names.
AWESOME VID! I have to get English B&W now!

The Spirit of Time December 27, 2010 10:35:41 AM

I am amazed and thrilled! So far, this is the best news we ever got! March 6th? That's amazing! This is the earliest day I have witnessed, and it is quite early that I can, hopefully, play for a long time before my examinations. I like the names, as they aren't bad at all. The video is awesome, and I know I will get used to the names soon. I hope more news and names appear regularly. I am just overjoyed! At least I have something to look forward to! :D

Leaftail December 27, 2010 10:37:00 AM

*Fanboy screams*

I love the new names! (Except for Blitzle. And Pidove. What the frak) Big Pecks sounds... creepy, though.

Thank Arceus it's released March 6. If I'm not mistaken, April would have been winter in-game, and if I were TPCI, I wouldn't want the Americans' first impression of Unova to be a frozen wasteland, considering that's pretty much what Sinnoh was.

...Is Minccino supposed to be pronounced "Min-chino"? :?

Shadow December 27, 2010 10:42:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurusu Lapras (Post 126725)
...Is Minccino supposed to be pronounced "Min-chino"? :?

I would suppose so myself, considering how we pronounce cappuccino in the same way.

A'bom December 27, 2010 10:47:02 AM

The earlier, the better!

As for the names, Minccino confuses me. *shrugs* I'll get used to it with time. Pidove is too close to pidgey for my tastes, but I'll grow used to that with time, as well.

Gigalith, on the other hand, is an epic name. I kind of wish Overconfidence would have stayed the same, though.

Shadow December 27, 2010 11:02:05 AM

Update

The official Pokémon Black & White website further revealed the English names for Professor Araragi and Hiun City (which sound awesome, in my opinion):

By the way, in light of this article on PokéBeach, what could March 4th mark? Is it maybe going to be the release date of the Nintendo 3DS?

Ningamer December 27, 2010 12:17:12 PM

"Klink"

Heh, it's better than what everyone feared. :3

I don't particularly mind the new names, I@m sure we'll get used to them. I'm also glad they kept Munna, I liked that name. I hope they do what they did with HG/SS and release the international versions at around the same time.

LucarioMario December 27, 2010 01:18:30 PM

Watching that video, I want Pokemon Black really badly, but I have to save up, like, $340 so I can get the 3DS as well. 030

As for the names, I'm glad they sound better (Except Big Pecks. Wut?)

Aquablast December 27, 2010 03:45:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 126691)

@ Shadow: When I post it there was not the other info. I was try to make it small but taking out pieces that was not a big deal.

@ Jad:Sometimes typing I forgot to add word and make spell mistakes.

For this new report I didn't real try, but some like the Giritina, Arceus, and Pikachu I spend a while doing it and tried my best to make it look good.

Sableyed December 27, 2010 03:58:05 PM

Yes! I'm so glad they come out in March instead of April.

Darmanitan is okay, I was hoping for a more Baboonlike name, but it's cool. Klink is better than gear, Moxie and Big Pecks are weird.

GrassPokemonFTW December 27, 2010 04:17:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotblast64 (Post 126669)
New Pokémon Names
Minccino (Japanese: Chillarmy)
Gigalith (Japanese: Gigaiath)
Sandile (Japanese: Meguroco)
Bitzle (Japanese: Shimama)
Pidove (Japanese: Mamepato)
Klink (Japanese: Gear)
Darmanitan (Japanese: Hihidaruma)
Munna (and probably Musharna) keep their names for the English versions

New Ability Names
Encourage --> Sheer Force
Overconfidence --> Moxie
Pigeon Heart --> Big Pecks

Other New Names

Mincchino - Not bad, actually. I rather like the new name.
Gigalith - I actually really like this name.
Sandile - A little predictable, but it works.
Blitzle - I find that name rather funny, actually.
Pidove - Rather obvious, again.
Klink - I thought it was going to still be Gear. o.o
Darmanitan - What...the...?
Munna - Meh, since nothing changed.

Sheer Force - Sounds like something they would name an ability.
Moxie - ???
Big Pecks - -.- Srsly?

Professor Juniper - Well, they're keeping the tree names, so...
Castelia City - A very creative name, despite the fact I don't know what it comes from.

kakashidragon December 27, 2010 10:13:33 PM

Im happy about the release date, taxes will be coming out for my parents to get some cash and im hoping we get out taxes by march 6th to get one of these games (and maybe a DSI) Also now that i know the release date, time to get my pokemon ready for it.

JC December 28, 2010 05:04:25 AM

So happy, I like the date it's early, And the English names I should get used to them... (Hopefully Sazandora gets an equally awesome name, or keeps it)

Shiny December 28, 2010 02:02:41 PM

It's about 2 weeks after my birthday, so I should be able to pre order it or buy it with birthday money.

I can't wait now. :3

Flare Soru December 30, 2010 09:24:35 AM

*still waiting for professor pine*

Ultimazone December 30, 2010 11:07:47 AM

Sweet, it comes out 5 days before my Birthday. and 9 before my brother's. I'm excited already.

GonbeFAN January 2, 2011 03:29:43 AM

Yay, my prediction is already confirmed to be half-right. (link)
Hopefully, March 4th will be Europe's release date in that case
and not around the end of March, like with HG.
Hope they also won't make the same mistake as previous year,
with the saving bug in the Dutch edition of HG that caused a delay of release.

kakashidragon January 25, 2011 11:39:43 AM

I see a pattern here: One game comes out in april one year, the next year it comes out in march and so on. So if a new game comes again I bet it will be released outside of japan in april again.