Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Walkthroughs and Let's Plays (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Voice Actors for a Mystery Dungeon Playthrough (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10006)

DashArmy April 16, 2012 09:25:56 AM

Voice Actors for a Mystery Dungeon Playthrough

I'm not exactly sure if this is the place to request it, but instead of voicing every character in Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team myself, I thought it would be pretty unique and a nice community project together to get voice actors best suited for each character, NPC's included. I would like to intend this thread as a discussion/application thread, if you don't mind.

I've had quite a few fun playthroughs with the spinoff series myself and it is rather close to my heart. For anyone that would love to voice a character, please post here, and we can discuss it. Thread can be moved somewhere else if it needs too.

I can do most of the video editing myself, and only need the voice clips to insert them where needed. I may or may not need to re-record it as I read rather quickly which results in pressing the A button more often then others, requiring the text to be spoken faster then normal.

Some voice roles I can think of right off the bat are:
  • Main Character (currently Charmander)
  • Partner (currently Chickorita)
  • Mail Delivery Pokemon, Pelliper
  • Pokemon Square NPC's (Lombre, Keckleon Brothers, Wishcash, etc)
  • Side Characters (Alakazam/Team ACT, Gengar, etc)
  • Important story driven characters (Gardevoir, Ninetails, Xatu, etc)

Videos    

As much as I'd love for everyone to have a part in this play though, please don't apply unless you really think you'd be the best person for the role.

I hope you'll take time to consider helping me out with this, and once some of the major roles are assigned to fill a few 'episodes', we can start putting it together for the final result. Thanks for your time!

Quadcentruo April 16, 2012 10:55:59 AM

(Yes this is the right spot to request because it deals with LPs)
Looks interesting. I might be able to voice act Xatu and possibly Alakazam if I can get the voice correctly. You just need to give me the lines that the characters say and I'll record to the best of my ability.

Ditto616 April 16, 2012 11:12:54 AM

Sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind doing something like this.

DashArmy April 16, 2012 11:31:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 241385)
You just need to give me the lines that the characters say and I'll record to the best of my ability.

Would you find it easier to read the lines from text or from the game recording itself?

Super Pichu62 April 16, 2012 02:59:44 PM

Oooh! This sounds intresting! I would love to do Gardivoir or Chickorita (If female)~!

DashArmy April 16, 2012 04:10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 (Post 241425)
Oooh! This sounds intresting! I would love to do Gardivoir or Chickorita (If female)~!

Once I record a decent portion of the game (or if you can somehow manage to find every single dialog of spoken text in the game on the internet somewhere) then I can select a few lines for you to try out.

I'll try to brainstorm a more streamlined process, and update the first post for later. Once we can decide for voice actors for at least every role up to Mt Thunder we can put out a few episodes, but for now I'll compose a full list of characters and possibly their lines for organizational purposes.

Also, if you voice practically anything on YouTube, PM me one of your videos so I can get a general idea.

EDIT: Also, any suggestions for the Main and Partner's names?

Super Pichu62 April 16, 2012 06:31:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashArmy (Post 241427)
Once I record a decent portion of the game (or if you can somehow manage to find every single dialog of spoken text in the game on the internet somewhere) then I can select a few lines for you to try out.

I'll try to brainstorm a more streamlined process, and update the first post for later. Once we can decide for voice actors for at least every role up to Mt Thunder we can put out a few episodes, but for now I'll compose a full list of characters and possibly their lines for organizational purposes.

Also, if you voice practically anything on YouTube, PM me one of your videos so I can get a general idea.

EDIT: Also, any suggestions for the Main and Partner's names?

Ok I will do a little research then. This is going to be fun~! ^~^

EDIT: Oh. Well I'm not good at naming but If you're okay with it the partners name can be Sasha! ^^

PokeRemixStudio April 17, 2012 12:28:33 AM

I can voice...whatever. As long as it's not the main characters.

Quadcentruo April 17, 2012 03:41:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashArmy (Post 241390)
Would you find it easier to read the lines from text or from the game recording itself?

If you mean by "game recording" you mean what you recorded, I think that will be easier because then I'll know at what speed I should speak (because of your button taps).

SyracuvatTenlii April 17, 2012 04:24:27 PM

I WANT TO BE XATU
Okay, but seriously, I'll volunteer for any position you'd need me for.

Reuniclus April 18, 2012 06:13:10 AM

I would also like to volunteer, but I am not sure what pokemon I would be best suited to voice act as. :P
If I may make a suggestion, should there be another category of voice roles that involves Boss Pokemon; such as Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, etc? I know boss pokemon generally don't speak very much, so maybe members can have multiple roles.

DashArmy April 18, 2012 07:03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 241577)
If you mean by "game recording" you mean what you recorded, I think that will be easier because then I'll know at what speed I should speak (because of your button taps).

Yeah, that sounds like the better solution. Updated the first post.

edit: Reun, give me some time to record more portions of the game first so I actually have lines for you to try out. It might take a while, but rest assured, it will be done.