Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How do you earn money in HG/SS (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=5423)

Serenade September 13, 2010 09:57:43 PM

How do you earn money in HG/SS

I noticed another thread closed before this part was answered, so I made a thread about it.

I prefer to just fight the elite 4, with amulet coin, though I desperately need another solution to this. Perhaps using the pokewalker...

Shadow September 14, 2010 06:20:19 AM

For some reason, I've never been out of money in HG/SS so far. What I normally do is either rematch some people/gym leaders which I've registered in my PokéGear, or go through the Elite 4 like you do.

If you want to use the PokéWalker, I heard the "Beautiful Beach" course is very good to earn a decent amount of money, as you can find Heart Scales, Big Pearls and many other valuable items in it. Another method, which I haven't really tried before, is to use a Pokémon with the Pickup ability. Who knows? It might pick expensive stuff which can be sold at a high price in PokéMarts.

The Spirit of Time September 14, 2010 08:21:55 AM

I depends on battles with Amulet Coin, although I haven't used it yet in HeartGold as I have a lot of money.

Ningamer September 14, 2010 08:45:48 AM

The best way is to grab yourself a fast and strong sweeper (Like Mewtwo or Deoxys-A), and then storm through the Pokémon League with an Amulet Coin. With the right Pokémon, you can OHKO every Pokémon they throw at you without a problem (After Kanto, where their Pokémon are over level 60). I let my mom have some of my money, so I always have some in reserve if I run out.

Jason_Henge September 14, 2010 02:39:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 100122)
Another method, which I haven't really tried before, is to use a Pokémon with the Pickup ability. Who knows? It might pick expensive stuff which can be sold at a high price in PokéMarts.

This works. I've gotten several Nuggets this way, however the only Pokemon you can get pre-NationalDex that have Pickup are: Aipom, Ambipom, Meowth, Teddiursa, and Phanpy.

Fubab_107 September 14, 2010 03:54:09 PM

I've always been out of money, but sweeping the Elite Four always works if you need money. Waiting for trainer Re-matchs take forever.

Quadcentruo October 1, 2010 04:00:39 PM

I don't know why, but I have over 144,000 Pokedollars. This could be from beating the E4 100 times just to level up Pokemon for Dex entries or level up competitive Pokemon.

Either way, as long as you have a good team that can take down the E4, you should just sweep through them to get loads of money.

JC October 1, 2010 05:16:29 PM

I've never been out of Money, I guess I'm lucky...
Other than that I'm always trying to Earn more money, Battling the E4 and Rematches with Gym Leaders does help.

Duran October 2, 2010 10:55:22 AM

If worse comes to worst, you can always use an Action Replay to get whatever funds you need or whatever items you need. Though you shouldn't be running out of money unless you enjoy force feeding your Pokemon vitamins and/or you're a gambling addict.

AuraKnight October 17, 2010 02:44:00 AM

Rob people blind, sell stuff I steal from wild pokemon, or both.

I'm starting to run into money problems, thanks to the mass amounts of pokemon I've been catching lately...

EricTheVenusaur October 23, 2010 03:38:55 AM

1. I save my money with my mommy
2. I battle as many trainers as I can within the game
3. Elite Four rematches
4. Amulet Coin FTW

PokeMaster January 15, 2011 12:26:10 PM

You can register Gym Leaders? When are you able to do that? I've beaten a few leaders in Kanto and haven't seen that. And what is this 'Beautiful Beach' course? How do you get there/do it?

[TRDRS]PokeTrader January 15, 2011 08:49:18 PM

My best way is to battle the Elite 4 over and over again with an Amulet Coin. That will help you rack up some dough! Also it will help level up your Pokemon.

Flare Soru January 19, 2011 03:42:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokeMaster (Post 132827)
You can register Gym Leaders? When are you able to do that? I've beaten a few leaders in Kanto and haven't seen that. And what is this 'Beautiful Beach' course? How do you get there/do it?

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilv...-rematch.shtml
http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilv...#prettyseaside

Cyber_nuva January 28, 2011 01:03:20 AM

I rematch the trainers and gym leaders registered on the Pokegear for free money. I also sell any Big Pearls/Nuggets that I may have picked up along the way during the journey.

TurtwigX January 30, 2011 09:37:40 AM

Here's what IIIII do:
Step 1- Get a Lv. 100/Person who rips apart rematched Gym Leaders well
Step 2- Giv 'em an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense
Step 3- Repeat until the mom bank is full
Step 4- Repeat until you have total max cash

Kero January 30, 2011 03:20:01 PM

That reminds me, I haven't been using my Amulet Coin as much as I normally would. Guess the 880K saved at home and the 220K on hand need to get spent somehow.

Aside from the Pickup exploiting mentioned, any Pokemon that can learn Pay Day can be coupled with the Amulet Coin/Luck Incense for even greater financial exploitation. I used to have a Smeargle in Emerald that I used solely for this purpose.

Another less-appealing alternative would probably to hoard up items such as Nuggets and Star Pieces by all means, including that old man that sells them on Monday mornings in the Goldenrod Tunnel. Incidentally, if you immediately sell everything you buy from him, there is a slight profit to be made...I believe the purchasing price of his stock is 14150, and its resell value is 15350.

Although, with HeartGold I'm heavily displeased that my main source of cash and experience - the S.S. Aqua, has been essentially been removed from the equation past the first sailing in either direction.

snivy January 31, 2011 05:49:32 PM

1. Beat elite 4 with a lv. 100 holding amulet coin and a weak pokemon with exp. share(just for experience)
2. Beat Red with same process as above.
3.Repeat.

mew882 February 27, 2011 05:33:54 PM

i get money by beating the elite 4