Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Movie 13: 劇場版ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール 幻影の覇者Z (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1344)

Cat333Pokémon December 10, 2009 02:29:43 PM

Movie 13: 劇場版ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール 幻影の覇者Z

The 13th movie's title has been revealed to be Movie 13 Title Revealed: 劇場版ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール 幻影の覇者Z, which translates to "The Ruler of Illusion: Z" (PokéBeach), "Phantom Champion Z" (Serebii), "Champion of Illusion Z" (my own translation).

A Japanese trailer has revealed the title, along with the three legendary beasts (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune) and Celebi. Speculation on the two sources below state that Z could possibly refer to a heretofore unknown Pokémon whose name starts with Z.

(It sounds almost like Dragon Ball Z to me.)

Sources:
PokéBeach
Serebii

Magmaster12 December 10, 2009 02:38:50 PM

Re: Movie 13 title revealed: ??????????????????????????????

That's right

I knew they wouldn't run out of ideas for legendaries.

It also has all Gen II legendaries.

Z is the creator of illusion I believe so it might be evil Ash.

You can see the trailer in better quality here on filb.de http://www.filb.de/

GreenLiquid December 10, 2009 04:40:45 PM

Reposting this, because the Thought Police are on the move :p

Quote:

They really aren't wasting any time, are they? I expected it to be a Gen II rehash, so it's nice to see some new things in play.

Are we sure that this is the doing of a new legendary, though? Other Pokémon, such as Unown, have been known for creating illusions in the past.
There's still plenty of room for speculation, so I'll keep posted to see what comes of this. I suspect that Z is a human character, since the anime series has several characters whose names are simply letters (like X and J).

Magmaster12 December 10, 2009 05:01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLiquid
Reposting this, because the Thought Police are on the move :p

Quote:

They really aren't wasting any time, are they? I expected it to be a Gen II rehash, so it's nice to see some new things in play.

Are we sure that this is the doing of a new legendary, though? Other Pokémon, such as Unown, have been known for creating illusions in the past.
There's still plenty of room for speculation, so I'll keep posted to see what comes of this. I suspect that Z is a human character, since the anime series has several characters whose names are simply letters (like X and J).

In case you haven't noticed the end of every Japanese movie has had a new/event pokemon

Cat333Pokémon December 10, 2009 05:14:44 PM

And don't forget Zero from Giratina & The Sky Warrior, who was a number.

LiteTheIronMan December 10, 2009 08:51:25 PM

Maybe Ash develops powers that are (dare I say it?) OOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN TTTTTTTHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAA AAAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

*PokeDex crushes in Brock's hands*

Dawn: WHAT?! NIEN THOUSAND?!

Justjack91 December 10, 2009 10:46:15 PM

Evil Ash scares me. :shock:

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but besides Ash, they're going with a new artwork direction. More detail on our three legendary dogs (look almost like TCG versions with high detail).

Because of this, I'm theorizing this to be the last Pokemon movie. They're going to go out with a bang probably and tie everything together for Ash and the story of Pokemon.

What more can they do? We've already dealt with God (Arceus) for peaks sake! There's not much we can do but finish up the series.

I don't like saying this, but it's what I think. It's such a small preview and my idea might not mean anything, but if anything Z is a possible evil Pokemon that has been watching Ash through his entire journey and is the accumulation of all his experiences.

If the Pokemon is new however, this could be infinitely epic. If not, I'm assuming it's some Pokemon we don't remember but have met in the past in the series.

The Spirit of Time December 11, 2009 08:57:01 AM

I think that 'Z' is Evil Ash.

Cat333Pokémon December 11, 2009 10:48:58 AM

I have no idea what is happening with future generations, but if this movie doesn't contain any new Pokémon, it's doubtful we'll receive anything in 2010. I have no idea just what they're planning to do with the movies, either because, as Jack mentioned, they already have God.

Shadow December 11, 2009 11:26:08 AM

I just hope this movie turns out to be as good as it looks right now.

GreenLiquid December 11, 2009 01:09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justjack91
Evil Ash scares me. :shock:

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but besides Ash, they're going with a new artwork direction. More detail on our three legendary dogs (look almost like TCG versions with high detail).

Because of this, I'm theorizing this to be the last Pokemon movie. They're going to go out with a bang probably and tie everything together for Ash and the story of Pokemon.

What more can they do? We've already dealt with God (Arceus) for peaks sake! There's not much we can do but finish up the series.

I don't like saying this, but it's what I think. It's such a small preview and my idea might not mean anything, but if anything Z is a possible evil Pokemon that has been watching Ash through his entire journey and is the accumulation of all his experiences.

If the Pokemon is new however, this could be infinitely epic. If not, I'm assuming it's some Pokemon we don't remember but have met in the past in the series.

Rather than the movie series having nowhere to go at this point, I unfortunately think that the series has nowhere good to go. The writers just keep increasing the scales, from mythological beings to deities. Remember when everyone was calling Dialga and Palkia the Pokégods? And now Arceus is the deity-in-chief. Either they're going to ramp the power level to above-godlike levels, thereby degenerating the series into a DBZ-like escalation of strength, or they'll go at it intelligently and create legendaries that are less powerful but more focused: after all, there's no rule that each generation's legendaries have to be 'stronger' than the ones before. I think Z will end up being a human character, and the cameo Pokémon, if there even is one, will be a non-legendary a la Lucario or Marill.

Then again, Z could always just be a random letter tacked on the end to make it sound cool, like they did with Smash Bros. and "X".

Sunny December 11, 2009 02:01:09 PM

Lolno pokemon ain't gonna end. My guess is Arceus will remain the strongest pokemon, and that legends won't be as strong as arceus but instead be related to him in some way to extend the plot. As for the movie...olol evil ash. :V

Darkrai January 7, 2010 06:06:04 PM

What if Z is for Porygon-Z!!! Just a thought heh. I really do hope they don't butcher pokemon in gen. 5. I agree that they can just make weaker legends. I sure hope they do. Anyway, I am really looking forward to this upcoming year.

Shadow January 8, 2010 02:04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrai (Post 24489)
What if Z is for Porygon-Z!!! Just a thought heh

However, I fail to understand how Porygon-Z would fit into this movie, seeing as how it appears to be based around the Johto region/Pokémon. The fact that Porygon (and all its evolutions) never got proper debuts in the Pokémon media after the episode "Computer/Electric Soldier Porygon" goes against your thought, as well.

But I confess it seemed to match when I first read your post.

AuraKshatriya January 14, 2010 07:31:28 AM

The trailer itself brings some interesting ideas into play, however. In the trailer, the pools of "green energy" are stated to be "ripples of time", which I`m assuming is a new concept of time travel for Celebi which they`ve developed, perhaps based off of the Mystery Dungeon games. Anyway, at te end of the trailer, it shows Celebi emerging from one in a present-day city saying "At that moment/But then, Celebi has seen the future!", implying that it may be trying to alter the course of history.

Now, my personal theory is that Ho-Oh and Lugia will still be involved. Given that the Legendary Beasts seem to be taking action in the future (in the trailer), it could be possible Ho-Oh is as well, and they are gathering to assist it. The teaser trailer showed Lugia and Ho-Oh battling, and while I doubt they actually would battle just like that, it gives the possibility of the same thing happening for Lugia and it`s trio. Either way, I`m still going to assume Ho-Oh and Lugia will be in the movie. Hopefully we`ll know y next month`s Coro Coro. And I`m personally hoping for a new Pokémon as well :D

Ningamer January 14, 2010 09:30:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 24526)
"Electric Soldier Porygon"

I love that episode! Don't ask why...

I'm not gonna make any guesses, but I'm excited to see what it it!

LiteTheIronMan January 14, 2010 08:28:26 PM

They're playing the evil clone cliche a bit too late, in my opinion. They should have played it in the Arceus movie arc. But, better late than never.