Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   PokéNews (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   First Gen 5 silhouette revealed! (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1891)

Magmaster12 February 6, 2010 01:40:04 PM

First Gen 5 silhouette revealed!

This is the first silhouette of any Pokémon from Generation 5:

http://pokebeach.com/news/0210/pokemon-z.jpg
Based on its codename, "Z", this Pokémon may be the star of the the next movie. It will be revealed on the episode to be aired on February 21, 2010.

Sources: PokéBeach, Bulbagarden Forums, Pokémon Sunday

Yoshi648 February 6, 2010 03:29:16 PM

The bottom looks like Lucario, but the top looks like a wolf or something. Very interesting.

LiteTheIronMan February 6, 2010 03:37:19 PM

Dude it looks like a weasel with tails coming out of its paws.

Magmaster12 February 6, 2010 03:55:40 PM

Sandslash evolution?

Charizard98 February 6, 2010 03:56:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 28777)
Dude it looks like a weasel with tails coming out of its paws.

LOL. You quoted that from youtube. Anyways, note to magmaster12 I'm sorry I did not know that you posted it already.

Sunny February 6, 2010 04:01:54 PM

Its Lucario growing his hair out~! =w=

Charizard98 February 6, 2010 04:08:16 PM

Almost looks like a weavile.

Quadcentruo February 6, 2010 04:55:26 PM

Who's that pokemon!?
No, seriously. Who is that pokemon??

But it looks like Nintendo doesn't want cute pokemon any more.

LiteTheIronMan February 6, 2010 05:07:27 PM

Our member AuraKshatriya9 posted this onto YouTube.

EDIT: Well, since Cat took the video from my post and put it into the beginning post, I might as well remove this one. No need to confuse everyone by having the video twice.

Quadcentruo February 6, 2010 05:12:35 PM

*points to video above*
Translation please?

And also, it looks like there is a poster of "Movie Z" in the background of what looks like a conference room.

Cat333Pokémon February 6, 2010 05:16:39 PM

*rewrites entire post, appends Aura's video*

Anyway, it's exciting to see a new Pokémon from the next generation. Can't wait!

Yoshi648 February 6, 2010 05:21:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 28796)
*rewrites entire post, appends Aura's video*

To be fair, his was originally posted on the Gen V discussion thread, I just moved his one post here under News since it would be better off here.

Ayunnuya February 6, 2010 06:23:56 PM

Reminds me of Lucario and Latios. Looks pretty beasty though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcentruo (Post 28789)
Who's that pokemon!?
No, seriously. Who is that pokemon??

But it looks like Nintendo doesn't want cute pokemon any more.

How many legends are "cute"?
*remembers mew, celebi, and shaymin*

Uh, never mind.
:roll:

iherdulikemudkipz February 6, 2010 07:47:41 PM

im thinking its a normal type eevee evolution maybe? or even a primeape evolution .

Sunny February 6, 2010 07:51:24 PM

IT IS TORA! :V http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3029/torahv0.png

Justjack91 February 6, 2010 09:30:16 PM

Gosh, the Pokemon Sunday show is soooo cheesy. I'm glad we're able to learn about new game information from these shows, but I can't stand their acting.

But as to what the Pokemon looks like, I can't help but think of a hedgehog based on the hair, but the ponytail throws me into a loop. What a weird silhouette.

Certainly not anything like Kanto anymore. Man, those days of simple sprites are gone.

Still, new stuff is new stuff, and I'm never disappointed by a "main series" Pokemon game.

AuraKshatriya February 6, 2010 09:39:38 PM

Thanks for using my video, I appreciate it :D

@ Sunny:Lucario growing it`s hair out, nice.

@ Quadcentruo:I added some basic translations to it via annotations. I finished up the movie details, and I got the beginning of the game details, I`ll probably finish it tomorrow. As far as I know, I don`t think I made any mistakes, but I suppose I`ll find out when I edit it tomorrow.

To be honest, while I was watching Jun`ichi Masuda while Pokémon Sunday was on T.V., the moment I saw the silhouette, it reminded me of Weavile, then when I realized the "spikes" were most likely a length of hair, it looked to me more like Lucario mixed with Ninetails. I ended up getting the impression it looked like a werewolf, from it`s legs, and claws, as well as snout, but I suppose we`ll have to wait and see. Good to see there will be a 5th Generation.

I also found it pretty humorous how Jun`ichi ended it with "Ciao".

It`s also important to note that it is never directly stated that it`s codename is Z, or that it is Z, (unless I just missed that part :lol:), therefore, it`s possible that "Z" refers to a human, perhaps an antagonist, and this Pokémon may be merely subservient to said person. Based on it`s somewhat feral appearance, I personally assume that to be the case.

Sableyed February 6, 2010 10:18:15 PM

I'll be it's just an alternate forme. Nintendo's just screwing with us. "Wolf-Forme" Lucario or something. :o

It is weird that they're not leading off with a baby pokemon, though.

Serenade February 7, 2010 12:18:36 AM

Looks like- Lucario+Weavile+Mightyena, could be an evolution of mightyena?

Or maybe a new pokemon species all togheter

But hey, it won't be just a silhoute in two weeks, so...

Quadcentruo February 7, 2010 03:11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya (Post 28823)
I ended up getting the impression it looked like a werewolf,

Thats what i first thought

Magmaster12 February 7, 2010 04:46:59 AM

On the other site I go on they're talking about how it might be releated to mightyena because it's confirmed to be in Movie 12 like a werewolf pokemon either that it's a legendary and it's also not confirmed to be the master of illusion Z.

The Spirit of Time February 7, 2010 05:49:53 AM

It is an alternate forme of Lucario. I am sure!

Yay! I love Lucario.

Shadow February 7, 2010 07:27:05 AM

Here's my personal opinion:

From what it looks it is a werewolf-sorta Pokémon. I'm guessing it's typing could be Dark, Fight or a dual of Dark/Fight. I am also thinking it is a legendary, since most of the Pokémon movies, if not all, featured a legendary Pokémon. If this is true, then that means we're finally seeing a Fight-type legendary, hopefully.
Some people have been speculating that it might be an evolution/alternate form of Lucario, but I am highly doubtful of that for some odd reason.

Darkrai February 7, 2010 08:12:26 AM

.....new....pokemon.....can't.....wait......

Shadow February 7, 2010 08:22:41 AM

Look at this fan-art made by someone whom I don't know:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2urqbub.png

If the new Pokémon turns out to be something as amazingly awesome as this, I'll definitely go crazy.

Magmaster12 February 7, 2010 08:42:25 AM

Looks like shadow the hedgehog.

Shadow February 7, 2010 08:50:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 28867)

I'll take that as a praise :D

But seriously, a lot of discussions came up just for a silhouette; Pokébeach theorized it might be Mightyena's evolution, and backed that up with some facts on their website. They might have a point.
Others are saying this Pokémon is related to Lucario/Sandslash/Ninetales/etc, though I believe all of these assumptions are wrong.

Luxray13579 February 7, 2010 08:54:41 AM

Quote:

I agree.
My opinion is it is either related to Mightyena or it is a totally new pokemon either way THIS IS SOO EXCITNG.

Magmaster12 February 7, 2010 09:18:23 AM

Here's something from pokebeach.
CoroCoro’s Website Shows New Pokemon’s Silhouette As Well - New Theories!

Anyone opposing this isn't Gen V will probably have there brains bashed out, good thing no one has thought agianst this.

Quadcentruo February 7, 2010 09:42:09 AM

If the actual pokemon is similar to the fan-art, I can safely say that it is a dark type.

AuraKshatriya February 7, 2010 09:45:58 AM

Seems Magmaster beat me to it, but anyway, given that the Pokémon is shown alongside all the previous games, and is a Pokémon which seems to particularly correspond to the new game(s), it makes me think it won`t be some random evolution, perhaps a non-evolving, no pre-evolution non-Legendary, or a Version mascot.

@ Shadow:I really need to speed up, I was planning on doing some fan-art as well, though, that looks more or less the same as what I would`ve drawn, except that instead of there being a "ponytail", it would have long hair, it would have a tail (which is what the end of the "ponytail" is in that picture". The stance it`s in is one of the two I thought it may be in, the other one having it`s other arm behind the mass of "hair", but it`ll definitely be one of my favourites if it ends up looking like that. Hopefully it will :D

Justjack91 February 7, 2010 01:11:01 PM

Quote:

I thought hedgehog too at first glance.

PLEASE don't be some evolution of Mightyena! He's just another Pokemon you catch alongside your starter! NO! :mad:

Perhaps this is an example of cross-breeding that someone on here theorized and this Pokemon is the result of combining certain Pokemon to breed. Or, if it's more than two Pokemon needed, they'll have a machine that combines Pokemon DNA to create a new Pokemon.

Maybe it's important people are saying that he resembles a combination of Pokemon.

GreenLiquid February 7, 2010 01:42:19 PM

It's Shaymin Revenge Forme, avenging its tasty comrades.

Spitfire February 7, 2010 02:17:43 PM

It reminds me of a mutated Sonic

PokeRemixStudio February 7, 2010 04:42:38 PM

It looks anorexic.

SK February 7, 2010 05:16:53 PM

Well, this looks like a pretty cool Pokemon. I just hope that the names don't turn into crap, it seems like they'd run out after using 500 already.

Shadow posted this thread on PokeZam and said something about it looking like it being a wolf and being a dark or fighting type, and I agree. Which is why...

Silhouette, I dub thee... DARKWOLF! :shock: :shock: :shock:

But the name will probably be much more complex since this is Pokemon, hehe.

piexing February 7, 2010 06:25:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayunnuya (Post 28807)
Reminds me of Lucario and Latios. Looks pretty beasty though.

How many legends are "cute"?
*remembers mew, celebi, and shaymin*

Uh, never mind.
:roll:

It's a little late to reply to this and a little off-topic, but SpaceMan would be dissapoint that you didn't include Jirachi. :)

It looks like this Pokémon could be amazingly awesome, but it could also be amazingly not awesome. If it turns out like the fanart Shadow posted, it'll be more toward the former.

Charizard98 February 7, 2010 06:57:04 PM

Quote:

...XD.

Spitfire February 8, 2010 03:08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 28863)
Look at this fan-art made by someone whom I don't know:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2urqbub.png

If the new Pokémon turns out to be something as amazingly awesome as this, I'll definitely go crazy.

I bet you the color scheme will look close to that or maybe just the opposite :P

Shadow February 8, 2010 07:35:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 29056)
I bet you the color scheme will look close to that or maybe just the opposite :P

I actually saw another colour scheme of the same picture: instead of red and black, it was white and black.

Now, from other forums, people seem to be relating it to a couple of existing Pokémon, and everyone is coming up with theories of their own. Since I plan to analyze different ones individually, I'll discuss one right now:

Of the many that I read, some people mentioned it being probably a Ninetales evolution. This doesn't make sense to me at all; HG/SS, which represent the Johto/Kanto Pokémon, have already come out, so there will be absolutely no point in making an evolution/alternate form to Ninetales after them. Plus, that would leave its counterpart, Arcanine, a lot weaker and even more forgetten. It's like giving Electabuzz an evolution while leaving Magmar with no evolution.
So, in conclusion, I think this theory doesn't make logical sense, and so is probably not true.

Magmaster12 February 8, 2010 10:56:16 AM

Why are you trying to disprove a theory that hasn't been brought up?

FreezeWarp February 8, 2010 02:31:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 29068)
I actually saw another colour scheme of the same picture: instead of red and black, it was white and black.

Now, from other forums, people seem to be relating it to a couple of existing Pokémon, and everyone is coming up with theories of their own. Since I plan to analyze different ones individually, I'll discuss one right now:

Of the many that I read, some people mentioned it being probably a Ninetales evolution. This doesn't make sense to me at all; HG/SS, which represent the Johto/Kanto Pokémon, have already come out, so there will be absolutely no point in making an evolution/alternate form to Ninetales after them. Plus, that would leave its counterpart, Arcanine, a lot weaker and even more forgetten. It's like giving Electabuzz an evolution while leaving Magmar with no evolution.
So, in conclusion, I think this theory doesn't make logical sense, and so is probably not true.

The first Pokémon probably wouldn't be an evolution, but they still could reveal an Arcanine evolution. Weren't Mime Jr. and Bonsly among the first revealed?

It does look a lot like a Ninetales evolution, but a very ugly one at that.

SK February 8, 2010 02:33:59 PM

The fan art looks amazing, but I'd probably like the white and black one better.

Magmaster12 February 10, 2010 04:24:59 AM

CoroCoro leaks, according to a "reliable" Serebii.net Forums member slowkingsley, a person who posted episode titles which are eventually confirmed to be real.

Quote:

A Pokémon named Zoroaaku, Dark type, Monster Fox Pokémon, is "Z". And he has a pre-evo named Zoroa.
The person has been right before so this may be true only time will tell.

Also no one should create a news article about this because it's not official even though serebii has already posted it.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Shadow February 10, 2010 04:51:37 AM

I can't make up my mind: Does it look good or not? Is it fake or not?
But only time will tell, so I'll hold my horses.

Magmaster12 February 10, 2010 05:17:08 AM

Serebii just confirmed it to be real.

Shadow February 10, 2010 05:29:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magmaster12 (Post 29301)
Serebii just confirmed it to be real.

Would you mind giving me a link?
I can't find it anywhere.

Magmaster12 February 10, 2010 06:05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 29303)
Would you mind giving me a link?
I can't find it anywhere.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

In my opinion the desighn of Zorua is pretty uncreative.

Shadow February 10, 2010 06:11:53 AM

It still says "RUMOUR" for me...

Quadcentruo February 10, 2010 06:22:43 AM

It says the new pokemon is called Zoroark or Zoroaarku.

The Spirit of Time February 10, 2010 07:36:49 AM

I find the pre-evolution better than the evolution itself. According to Serebii, much details about these two Pokemon and other Pokemon are going to be revealed. I will give my judgment on that day. :)

Shadow February 10, 2010 08:04:50 AM

Oh, now I can view the news.
Both of them look good; not particularly great, but not horrible as well. Really decent, I'd say - I already like them both.

RK-9 February 10, 2010 02:09:31 PM

"Evil Fox Pokemon" Oh my god. That made me afraid to sleep. I think the shadow was "Monster fox pokemon" which made me even more unable to sleep, and prevo would be evil fox.... EVOLUTIONS!?!?!? NOT A LEGENDARY :O

SK February 10, 2010 02:15:58 PM

The name isn't very impressive... Sorta crappy if you ask me. But I do like that it starts with a Z. :P

RK-9 February 10, 2010 02:17:06 PM

EVOLUTION OF MAGIKARP.

SK February 10, 2010 02:22:10 PM

That would by Gyarados.

Serenade February 11, 2010 11:19:01 PM

I kind of prefer the fan art to it, its a bit.. bland, but it does look fast and strong, a bit like....... weavile.

Magmaster12 February 12, 2010 04:28:23 AM

I don't get why they're revealing it so late though.

It was two years after Munchlax got revealed before we got our first footage of Diamond and Pearl.

It also was a full year after Kecleon, Wailmer, and Azurill got revealed until we got footage of Ruby and Saphire.

Nickmatt07 February 15, 2010 06:44:34 AM

If we weren't informed of Zorua and Zoroark, I would've guessed it as either a ninetales or a Mightyena evolution.

Black Knightmare February 17, 2010 04:02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickmatt07 (Post 30210)
If we weren't informed of Zorua and Zoroark, I would've guessed it as either a ninetales or a Mightyena evolution.

my first thought was that its a dark evo of riolu