Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   The Media (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Setting things straight. (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=5004)

The Tropius of Tropiuses August 22, 2010 04:02:16 PM

Setting things straight.

Okay, so, i'm setting things straight. About cartoons, atleast. You're all probably wondering, "Why the ***** are all of these LIVE ACTION shows on CARTOON networks?" Well, here's the reason.
Disney made live action shows. They got alot of views from fanbrats. Thus, Nick made live action shows to compete with them. Then, CN made live action shows to compete with THEM. This, this, this thing is a secret war. Beetween the companies, though. Think of it as the consle wars but it would go like this: "Cartoon Network does what disdon't!" "Nick is what Cartoon Network isn't !" That's what it's like. Just a big company war.

JC August 22, 2010 08:26:06 PM

It looks like you got a point I think that is one such reason, I would never watch these live shows though, they are sometimes poorly acted (like I said I never would watch these shows).

I am one that must agree with on this one.

Kirby-Chan August 23, 2010 07:29:34 AM

The companies are at a point where they would make anything to make their ratings go up. They don't really care the quality of the shows as long they have lots of views.

Sableyed August 23, 2010 09:24:09 AM

Tropius, you have the correct reason about why Cartoon Network makes live action shows, because they're popular. But just because something is popular doesn't mean it is good. I didn't mind so much when Disney and Nick had live action shows, because they have for a while and it doesn't really go against what they're supposed to be. But Cartoon Network was supposed to be the last home for Cartoons, where any time you could watch and find great animation. Knowing that this isn't so anymore is really disappointing.

Idno58 August 23, 2010 09:50:55 AM

"Everything that you can do, I can do better~~~! La-lala-lalala-lala...."
"........You suck!"

Jason_Henge September 8, 2010 06:09:33 PM

I need to step in and show my age.

Nickelodeon had live action shows before Disney or Cartoon Network. I remember in the early 90s watching Legends of the Hidden Temple and Double Dare. Sure they were game shows, but still live action. Nick also had S'Nick (Saturday Nick) which had mostly live action for the more grown up viewers. I believe Disney was next in live action, making (not 100% if the names are right) The Famous Jett Jackson, Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens.

When the late 90s/2000s came, things went crazy. Both Nick and Disney started to air things for the new generation of snot-nosed brats (sorry, that's how I see them) and lost all respect from the older watchers. Cartoon Network had some live action before the kid-aimed shows, but they were in [adult swim]. It's a shame that CN had to stoop the that level, but if it pulls in ratings, it doesn't matter what it is.

(If I'm wrong, please tell me. I'm just playing off memory and the Wikipedia pages I pulled up.)

Eagles September 8, 2010 10:46:27 PM

Hey guys, I don't know if you've heard this, but I know a not-so-secret secret, as for CN. Before the explanation, I just want to get this clear: The person who I think killed all of CN was the very man Stewart Snyder. You see, Adult Swim apparently made these little things with pictures of Moonimites on them. (Villains of the ATHF series) and one of the people who bought them used them as a bomb scare in Boston, and that was bad for CN. So, their previous president of CN decided to quit(it's kinda funny how CN killed itself in a way). So, then Stewart Snyder came along and said "Hey, Let's change this apparently terrible logo to make it 'CN', get rid of all these boring shows, and make live actions shows! :faec: " and it just went downhill from there. :/ If you want more info, it'll probably show up on wikipedia if you type in "Cartoon Network" or just do the same on youtube.

Jason_Henge September 9, 2010 03:20:30 AM

Wow. That sounds like wrong information. The "bomb scare" was an advertising ploy that went wrong. There were several put up in a lot of major cities but Boston was the city that overreacted and called bomb thread. The neon signs of the Mooninites were to advertise the ATHF Movie.