Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Do you think HG and SS are the end? =O (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=1771)

James January 24, 2010 05:31:34 PM

Do you think HG and SS are the end? =O

I don't think it will. What are your opinions?

GreenLiquid January 24, 2010 05:34:38 PM

As long as Nintendo can draw a profit from the series, there will be Pokémon games. I don't anticipate Game Freak running out of ideas or jumping the shark anytime soon, but if years from now they do, I doubt Nintendo would even then drop the series. It's a matter of corporate planning than anything.

Cat333Pokémon January 24, 2010 05:44:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLiquid (Post 26774)
As long as Nintendo can draw a profit from the series, there will be Pokémon games. I don't anticipate Game Freak running out of ideas or jumping the shark anytime soon, but if years from now they do, I doubt Nintendo would even then drop the series. It's a matter of corporate planning than anything.

GreenLiquid here said it best. As long as GF, Nintendo, Creatures, and such are earning profit, they will continue making Pokémon games.

I could certainly understand them taking a break from new generations or main series games so that they can let the next real handheld Nintendo console be on the shelf for a year or two.

Magmaster12 January 24, 2010 06:17:35 PM

That'd be like never coming out with another Mario game of course it isn't the last.

Yoshi648 January 24, 2010 07:04:54 PM

Quote:

This ^

Flare Soru January 24, 2010 07:48:17 PM

They make too much money off of pokemon to drop the series.

The Spirit of Time January 25, 2010 04:39:07 AM

They will never stop until the interest in Pokemon fades away.

Shadow January 25, 2010 06:35:22 AM

A lot of people have been asking this question repeatedly, and I fail to understand why.

Anyways, like the others, I agree with GreenLiquid's opinion:
Quote:

Sub-zero January 25, 2010 06:51:52 PM

Basically, what GreenLiquid said.

I really doubt they would even think about dropping the game. It's among their best selling games.

LiteTheIronMan January 26, 2010 03:34:07 PM

As long as the creative spirit of Pokemon never dies, Pokemon as a series won't. Despite all the money to be drawn from the franchise, the series itself is so manipulatable that so many more ideas can be incorporated than what's already there. We can have Gods of Gods. So eat it, Arceus! There's always gonna be someone better!

(Oh, and I'm going to insert another useless request for a vaccuum, gravity, and annihilation Legendary Pokemon.)

GreenLiquid January 26, 2010 03:44:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan (Post 26989)
As long as the creative spirit of Pokemon never dies, Pokemon as a series won't. Despite all the money to be drawn from the franchise, the series itself is so manipulatable that so many more ideas can be incorporated than what's already there. We can have Gods of Gods. So eat it, Arceus! There's always gonna be someone better!

(Oh, and I'm going to insert another useless request for a vaccuum, gravity, and annihilation Legendary Pokemon.)

Gasp! Heresy!

I'd like to point out here that Giratina basically IS the annihilation Pokémon. Bonus points to whoever knows why.

And I agree with your viewpoint with the topic. There's a lot more creative potential left unclaimed, and the Pokémon series is NOT going to die from lack of ideas anytime soon.

Quadcentruo January 26, 2010 03:49:18 PM

No, the end isn't near.
Nintendo is making too much profit to just drop it.
If they do that, many people will probably riot....

My guess-no scratch that, i know there is going to be a fifth generation, nintendo would have to be threatened at triple gun-point by, i don't know, the army not to make a 5th generation

Justjack91 January 27, 2010 01:27:47 AM

The way I see it, the series may come to an end, but games will always come out for Pokemon so long as Nintendo (and companies like Game Freak) is able to breathe.

I figure there will be a console game next for the competitive series (much like Colloseum or something along those lines; not Pokepark) that will preview something new for Pokemon (either new Pokemon or possible a new direction for the series).

Then, if a 5th gen or a new direction in the series is introduced, we get a DSi Pokemon game that may or may not display the game in full 3-D (or better pseudo 3-D graphics).

I've posted these ideas somewhere before.

Sableyed January 27, 2010 01:34:45 PM

I kind of wish it was the last one. But it won't be.

Black Knightmare January 28, 2010 07:31:37 AM

i think there will be at least one moar generation till it ends
it must be hard to complete the dex with about 550 pokemon

Serenade January 30, 2010 12:15:48 AM

Now here's a vote we can all agree on.

FreezeWarp January 30, 2010 03:08:58 AM

Well, I don't see the series ending all that soon; it's still plenty a cash cow and generally legacies like these don't die quickly. I'm guessing we'll see a 7th gen, even.

Black Knightmare January 30, 2010 08:00:17 AM

i knew that^^
guess what ive voted (rly hard) XD

Alakazamaster February 2, 2010 02:18:40 PM

Well, hmmm... see, er... Generation V has been announced so... yes? Heartgold SoulSilver WILL be the last ones.

piexing February 2, 2010 02:22:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezeWarp (Post 27428)
Well, I don't see the series ending all that soon; it's still plenty a cash cow and generally legacies like these don't die quickly. I'm guessing we'll see a 7th gen, even.

A 1337th gen? :213:

masterzhangcaosun February 2, 2010 02:33:16 PM

Look at the Final Fantasy Series

XIII stand-a-lone games and still going strong

James February 5, 2010 08:36:22 PM

Well we now all know that the Pokemon series of games we liked will be coming to an end but a NEW RPG will be made for Pokemon. I'm kinda curious on it.

Black Knightmare February 6, 2010 01:45:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 28646)
Well we now all know that the Pokemon series of games we liked will be coming to an end but a NEW RPG will be made for Pokemon. I'm kinda curious on it.

a new pokemon like rpg made by nintendo?
why would they stop with pokemon when theyll make sth similar?
confusing brain r*pe :?

LiteTheIronMan February 6, 2010 07:39:26 AM

The new RPG may or may not be fifth generation, that still hasn't been discussed. As a whole, Pokemon will definitely not go out. As an RPG series, Pokemon has been confirmed to not go out... so...yeah.

Magmaster12 February 7, 2010 03:49:14 PM

I think it's pretty clear now.

James February 8, 2010 02:53:55 PM

As do I mag. I'm debating if I should lock this thread or not.