View Single Post
Old February 18, 2012, 05:10:01 AM
Rayquaza

Johto League Champions    

EP160 A Goldenrod Opportunity -The kids want to eat a hamburger, is it made out of Whitney's dead Miltank!? In all honesty I do like how the anime tries to show us stuff from the game, like the underground tunnel, haircut brothers the bullet train and how Whitey's Miltank is an evil evil pokemon. Whitney is also a pretty fun character, but why does she have a Nidorina!? Who dies after one turn. HATE. Well actually this battle is just really bad in general.

3/5

EP161 A Dairy Tale Ending - I think it's strange seeing Ash think of going back
to Pallet Town after loosing to Whitney, seems out of character for him. I don't understand why Ash doesn't come up with the idea he had to defeat Miltank during his first battle and not against Team Rocket. Also Whitney, the gym leader who cried over loosing to you and didn't give you your badge after beating her in GS just hands over her gym badge after defeating just one of her pokemon. Oh well at least we finally got two episodes for a gym, less time for filler the better.

3/5

EP162 Air Time - This is yet another original episode as it puts Ash in a corner we haven't seen before. While the story that's read feels more like a bad fanfic it was pretty awesome originality wise.

4/5

EP163 The Bug Stops Here - Yet another thing used in the game and while Casey is a very annoying character it's was nice to see Ash actually mentor someone, it also made our hero's less boring. Team Rocket's antics in this episode were also pretty funny including there mecha. This episode wouldn't be so bad though if there weren't so many baseball puns! HATE.

3/5

EP164 Type Casting - The group needs to cross a river and the only way they can get across is by showing an old man a Sudowoodo. Ewww. I guess this was the show's smartest excuse to do the GS event. But I don't get how this makes them have way to Eckriteak City. Then we two random researchers named Pierre and Marie. SUBTLE. And then this episode goes from bad to ungodly boring. I mean does it really matter if it is a Rock type or a Grass type? Are they this desperate to create tension, just throwing a pokemon type war? Moral, next time focus on the obvious facts and not your own like the ones on Wikipedia!

2/5

EP165 Fossil Fools - Yet again Prof Oak pops out of nowhere to be in this episode. Yet again Team Rocket unknowingly causes conflict for the group. You'd think by now they'd at least try to not work near them due to it ending in failure. Okay when Brock pulled Misty away when she was fangirling about water pokemon the same way she does it to him was pretty funny. Man Prof Oak seems to really love Omnamyte but I REALLY do not care myself.

1/5

EP166 Carrying On - Man this episode is SO STUPID! First off this one island has to rely on multiple carrier Pidgey because it's secluded? Why would anyone want to live on an island like this? Why would there be some many pokemon injured at once? How do the people on this island even live being so isolated and relying on carrier Pidgey? Why does this guy have to go out the way to take care of the Pidgey so much? IT MAKE NO SENSE. The whole idea of this doesn't make any sense to begin with why can't the man stop while he's ahead? And of course Team Rocket's also stealing the Pidgey's. SEE this is why it's a terrible idea! Also Ash's Noctowl creates creates illusions for Team Rocket? WHY DOESN'T HE DO THIS MORE OFTEN! Also of course they allow him to become a handler of the pidgey when he seemed to already know plenty and when he was put in a corner and didn't do anything! There's also the fact the grandfather is still willing to let the kid waste the rest of his life waster his time for an unnecessary stupid job!

0/5

EP167 Hassle in the Castle - This episode easily has the worst Team Rocket motto. And my god them and there bad puns. But I do enjoy how Brock, and Team Rocket are trying to get out of the maze, while they're not doing as a team in fact they're pretty bland but I do enjoy Jessie getting slapstick in favor of Wobbefett. Zubat evolving in this episode seemed REALLY random! Mainly because we've bearly seen it get used (like most of Brock's pokemon)

2/5

EP168 Two Hits and a Miss - Darn it! I still hate Lisa Otiz as a voice actress, she's just so bad! and she gets a big role in this episode. Doesn't help the fact that this also yet another boring episode. And am so sick of the YOUR POKEMON MUST WORK AS A TEAM thing it's so freaking over done for the love god writers stop it already! Right now if I could choose between watching more episodes and getting my arms and legs removed I'd ask for them to bring it on!

1/5

EP169 A Hot Water Battle - It's now gotten to the point were 4kids could make any kind of pun and it will be an episode title, it doesn't even have to pertain the actual episode all that matters is that it's a pun no matter how little sense it will make! Not only that but this episode is also just plain terrible. The entire episode basically features the incredibly unevolved Johto Starters trying to chase around Aipom on a ball. There is no way this premise can be done right! At least this episode has some tension but it's for the pokemon of the group I honestly would rather see dead and Team Rocket.

1/5

EP170 Hook Line Sinker -Finally an episode that isn't cringe worthy! Well it's Misty focused and I've said many times before how she's such a good character. I hate the fact that our character of the day is a villain who has nothing better to do but to torture our protanganist for no explained reason! Really hate that cliche. Team Rocket was also pretty good in this episode! Also it might have been a catfish? Ash do you mean animals exist in this world or were you referring to Stunfisk? It annoys the hell out of me how because there's a tie and of course we end up getting a Poliwhirl vs Poliwrath, this feels more like set up for it's evolution, but really? It just have to be a battle they have no other solution! Also Team Rocket's attack = unneeded.

3/5

EP171 Beauty and The Breeder - I'm really sick of seeing bland, boring, unoriginal characters. Also we don't find out who won the contest, as if this show had nothing to build up anyways, after all this is the last time we see Vulpix!

2/5

EP172 A Better Pill To Swallow - This is a pretty basic but slightly memorable episode. For one it was a random scene of Meowth falling in love with James.
I guess this also means Team Rocket was funny in this episode, having many pokemon fall in love with them. Also Brock the lesson you learned in this episode was totally out no were! Why does he suddenly learn a lesson when he did nothing in this episode!!

3/5

EP173 Power Play - The kid's voice in this episode is probably the worst yet, it's like the voice actress is trying to do both an English accent and a kid's voice at the same time and failing at both. Also Gary just walking away from Ash, there's being a jerk, being a moron and just being out of character, this a combination of both! I also hate the fact that we suddenly have Ash run into Gary and there rivalry starts up again after we've had no mention of it for more then a year! The worst part is the fact that after this episode it's completely ignored! This episodes seems to be proof how much Gary, pretty much the guy who raised tension in the original series has been downsized into a terrible rival!. He's just so bland and boring now. Team Rocket's antics with the Wobbefett Robot was pretty funny, seeing them actually scheme a plan, it's just awesome to watch. Also why was the handle on the dam missing in the first place? And why was it chained? I must admit that I also still like the fact that it shows how Ash can be a good trainer in his own right and make it believable that Gary has changed.

4/5

EP174 Mountain Time - This episode is going to be terrible, I can just tell it, which is why my attention is was pretty waned. While Team Rocket is strongly overused but funny, it is nice to see an episode with *gasp* tension. but man the character of the day is so boring! I'm also starting to realize how freaking useless Togepi is, it just sits there and says its name, this the first for a long time since it's actually done something but he's such a forced mascot.

3/5

EP175 Wobbu-palooza - During the Johto days the writers really seemed to like Wobbufett. Can you imagine these people if they saw a wynuat? Also the villains in this episode, they just need to get a life there lack of motive is just Also no pokemon are allowed to battle because it's festival despite there being danger?

2/5

EP176 Imitation Confrontation - Not much to say about this episode, aside from the return of Dupleca who is now much more boring overall it's just terrible.

1/5

EP177 Trouble With Snubble - After spending about 50 episodes as a poorly done running gag, we're apparently now supposed to take it seriously when I would like to see it dead. It's really just another boring episode.

3/5

EP178 Ariados Amigos - First of all, I don't get why they use the random sister of Koga, Iya in favor of the actual game character and gym leader who has never appeared in the show yet, Janine. But NO we can't get any refrence to the game EVER because this is Johto!!!! Overall this episode was still pretty awesome, except for obviously the poorly done Team Rocket action. Still Iya is the first character we've seen in long time that wasn't bland and flat as cardboard.

4/5

EP179 Wings N' Things - The story for this episode was pretty good, but Ash and his friends do nothing this entire episode!
DEXTER: Yanma's 2 most powerfu l attacks are Tackle Double Team and Sonic Boom.
Nice to know 4kids know how to count.

2/5

EP180 The Grass Route - OH NO in this episode they're say pokemon are actually hurt from battle!? You meaning I've been killing my little friends for years now!? We also see Ash get over confident which I don't really get because it seems to come out of nowhere. Seeing Ash get overconfident makes him seem more unlikable then seeing it as character development.

2/5

EP181 Apple Corp - This hasn't been easy, not easy at all!!! I've already sat through some of the worst episode I could ever imagine, there's no way it could get any worse, I
thought for sure that there's no way I can see an episode any worse. Then I herd that the other episodes that I thought were the worse , but THIS is the episode many people consider the worse! As per usual, pray for me! First off, the character of the day immediately thinks Pikachu is an apple thief! Why? Because it was holding an apple!
Of course the apple thief are Pichu. KILL THEM KILL THEM NOW THEN WE WPN'T HAVE NOTCHED EAR PICHU AND NO MASS GENOCIDE. Then a Fearow attacks and Pikachu saves them. The Pichu's while now hungry have returned the apples. But now the girls is just letting the Pichu take the apples!? Bad news, we're no only 10 minutes in!!!
Now the Pichus are going around attacking whatever pokemon are trying to get all attacking pokemon who want food. SHAME ON THEM FOR WANTING FOOD!! Really it was revealed there's a food shortage in the forests and now they're going around attacking them. Oh wonderful it's time for our padding, er I mean Team Rocket to take the fruit oh no! IT'S WORSE THEN POKEMON POACHERS, actuak quite. Seriously though why is Team Rocket's vacuum sucking out now, it's never explained, wouldn't this shoot the apples out? They also ran out of power so whats charging it? Why don't they put it back on suck so they can suck up the Pichu? And of course they end up destroying the generator by shocking the balloon to much, I'm pretty sure batteries don't work that way. Well that was it, certainly not the worst episode I've seen but clearly really bad and stupid.

1/5

EP182 Howl of Houndoom - I really hate Togepi now, we just keep seeing it stand around and be cute so we can all buy it's products!! This entire episode is based around Togepi being a complete moron and I can't take it anymore this is worse then the Pichu episode!! Teaam Rocket is so pointless in this episode. My god this episode has one the worst pop ballads I've ever heard!!
Also why do we have a random Raikou appearance in this episode? This episode was just plain terrible.

1/5

EP183 Ghost of a Chance - Man, 4Kids really loves that pun. Also they have the character, the fire breather from the games who hands out the item finder in the games in this episode. I don't get it. IF THEY DO LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT WHY CAN'T THEY FOLLOW THE FREAKING PLOT AT ALL!?!?!?!?! Also Morty is such a boring gym leader, he spends the entire episode with emotionless expression on his face. I swear it's like they weren't even trying. Overall pretty good since we got some back story from the game and pretty funny James moments.

3/5

EP184 From Ghost to Ghost - Of course the writers can never freaking remember that Normal and Ghost types don't effect each other, or how foresight works. Seriously writers? Pikachu just getting OHKO'd!? Then Noctowl just OHKOing Haunter. Man what a terrible battle, I wouldn't get so mad about this if we didn't have such a long wait with so many terrible episodes! Half the stuff in this episode is devoted to either the Team Rocket antics or Brock just overly explaining everything!

2/5

EP185 Trouble's Brewing - Episodes like this make me understand why people were upset when Misty left the group, she was a really dimensional character and not boring like Brock or Ash. Now it probably would have gotten boring if Sakura was a main character but at the same time refreshing to have another girl part of the party. Still this episode wasn't to bad though, it has a good moral for Sakura who is an interesting character and I'm glad this isn't the last we've seen of her.

4/5

EP186 All that Glitters - Murkrow a jerks. It's really annoying how easily the group keeps failing out of stupidity in this episode. Eric Stuart as James in this performance is one of his worst the guy has no idea how to emote at all! Still a basic episode were nothing happens.

2/5

EP187 The Light Fantastic - Man this episode lingers on sooooooooo much. There was an ancient civilization but because they took all trees it dried up and there's an artist named Van Goose who wants to see a shiny light in the dessert. Does this even sound like a pokemon episode? Also two boring Team Rocket attacks in one episode, bad idea.

1/5

EP188 UnBEARable - This episode is annoying because all the main characters are such morons! Anyone who likes Misty really won't like this episode because she becomes are Mary-Sue just obsessed with cute pokemon despite
being one of strongest members of the group. This episode does build good tension but it lingers on way to much.

3/5

EP189 Moving Pictures - I always found it strange how Todd Snapp made a random reappearance in Johto only to never show up again afterwords, after all we never really had a sequel to his game. Also the episode starts out with Ash almost getting killed by a frozen Sunkern! Yeah I think what I just said speaks for itself. It's weird I strongly remember watching this episode as a kid
for the crazy old people in it, but I personally don't blame myself since this episode really was not that forgettable because of them. But man Eric Stuart just learn to emote already! Team Rocket was trying to escape, they didn't have anything and Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt anyways
Our heroes everyone!
Pokedex: The Sunstone can evolve many pokemon such evolving Sunkern into Sunflora and Gloom into Vileplume
4Morons
I hate the fact that all the Sunflora end up running over!
Just for once can't they teach you can't always get what you want?
This was a memorable episode overall, at least Ash finally put his Sun Stone to good use! Now only if they could do the same with there Quick Balls.

4/5

EP190 Spring Fever - Well this anime has gone more then 100 episodes without a hot spring scene, we're easily long overdue! The voice acting in this episode just made it feel like the episode had reached a new low. Especially since Todd Snap did nothing. Also they decide to go after Team Rocket by sliding down a dirt mountain, once again there's nothing I can say about this. But have to admit it is nice to see the recurring plot line of Articuno, since this is pretty boring. Oddly this is the second episode in a row that totally didn't abuse Team Rocket. Other then that this is just another bland filler were our heroes do absolutely nothing.

3/5

EP191 Freeze Frame - The first "arc" for the show comes to a close as Articuno makes his debut in the main cannon anime. This explains why we haven't seen Jigglypuff in a long time or because the fanboys wouldn't stop complaining about how bad the old running gag has gotten. It's also pretty refreshing to see Ash be the voice of reason for Todd, having the roles reversed. While I do like how this episode has a lot of tension built from Articuno, Team Rocket is abused way to much.

4/5

EP192 The Stolen Stones - This episode shows how the writers has little effort when writing Johto because this episode just lingers on and one and on. I mean it's really bad, the narrate every event in great deal! And Team Rocket DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE
JUST DIE I'M SO SICK OF YOU DIE A LONG AN INCREDIBLY PAINFUL DEATH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I'M SICK OF YOU PITFALLS, MACHINES AND YOU BLASTING OFF JUST FREAKING DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

1/5

EP193 Dunsparce Deception - This episode is about everyone's favorite pokemon, Dunsparce! Serously the kids in this episode seriously are obsessed with Dunsparce! I think the writers knew it was such a bad pokemon and decided to troll us. Or this was forced by Nintendo to sell there Durnsparce products, which were probably weakest in sales.
The play Team Rocket put on is pretty funny despite seeming unnecessary as usual. This episode is really accurate in showing how annoying it is to catch one, not only does it have a 1% encounter rate but this was laos back when rare pokemon could flee from battle. The conclusion to the episode felt way to similar to every other episode, Team Rocket steals pokemon but refuse to obey them only to attack them when there trainers return.

2/5

EP194 The Wayward Wobbefett - Well this episode was great. We have tension built up from Wobbefett, who by the way has been the best thing to happen to this saga.
Seeing the group try to chase after the clueless Wobbefett is just hilarious. While we have an action subplot with a criminal who just can't get away.

5/5

EP195 Sick Days - I really love this episode, it's easily one of my favorite episodes of Johto because it uses the characters to there full potential including Brock who is shown to be dependent. Being in Culinary really love the stuff with Misty's surprise soup and everyone's reaction to it. Not much else though.

5/5

EP196 The Ring Masters - Seeing an evolved form of a starter here in the anime kind of angers me. Especially when Ash points out that it's what he'll look like when he'll evolve, to bad he never will. I think Pokemon Sumo Wrestling was an obvious random idea for us to have for episode since we've already had pokemon boxing, battling, racing and stage show. I've never seen Sumo Wrestling before but here it's, just really weird. I think this episode was pretty good since it did seem to handle the Sumo Battles really well.

4/5

EP197 The Poke-Spokes Person - David Brimmer was a pretty unique voice actor for 4kids, not only does he sound like a real person he's also a great actor especially in this episode, well good compared to anyone else. This episode still really holds up because it seems to try to take itself seriously for once and we also have an interesting character of the day. Only problem is that I'm not a big fan of the cliched ending.

4/5

EP198 Control Freak - Well the streak of four good episodes has ended, of course we finally have another good episode. Just kidding this episode was pretty good despite being REALLY stupid, it also feels pretty out place making it feel like FAN FICTION. Of course though I'm not referring to this in a bad way, at least it feels original. Plus Brock actually does something in this episode, that's also something out of place but good. Also the moment of Crobat's evolution is really downsized in the dub due to 4Kids need to replace ALL DUB MUSIC. Speaking of which that was actually this entire episode, that crappy unfitting dub music that downplays an already struggling series.

3/5

EP199 The Art of Pokemon - This is an episode about vandalizing Smeargle that is all you need to know about this episode. And yet again a group of towns people are quick to judge our heroes which leads to pointless arguing. This episode feels like it was written by a six year old, it's to stupid to even be written by an adult! This episode relies way to much on the character the day who is really boring, I really don't have anything good to say about this episode.

1/5

EP200 Heartbrake of Brock - This is another episode devoted to a running gag. Misty seems to spend this episode WANTING Brock to leave but I guess it is in character for her to question Brock's motives. I also like how we get another reference to Jame's commitment issues. Other then that this was an out ordinary episode, in a good way of course.

4/5

EP201 Current Events - Out of all the starters of Ash to evolve, the writers just had to choose the most annoying and overly cute. Wouldn't be so mad but Chikorita line reserved more screen time then any other Johto Starter! Goes to show how focused the writers were on selling new toys too, when can almost promise Chikorita is the most unpopular Johto Starter. Ash working together with his Chikorita to get out of the factory was interesting but other then that nothing special about this episode, especially the Team Rocket attack.

3/5

EP202 Turning over a new Bayleef - Man this is an annoying episode. I'm still annoyed by the fact that Bayleef is the only one of Ash's pokemon to evolve and this entire episode is based around how annoying it is! I mean Ash yells at it once and all the sudden it's evil! There's tough love and there's just being a moron!!! And then this episode just lingers on and on and on. Team Rocket I'm also still waiting for you to die already so I can rest safely.

1/5

EP203 Doin' What come naturally -4kids grammer good zomggggg. We already saw pokemon street performing in one of the first few episodes of this region now we're seeing it again! But it's not that bad since we do get to see Natu getting featured pretty well. Problem is it's the same cliched plot of kid and mentor that's been in every episode so far! James run into the Magikarp salesmen yet again! Okay seriously it was funny the first two times but using the same animation and dialogue three times does not mean it's still funny! This time around that scene was also entirely pointless! Lady: Oh Machoke how did you get away? Here's a better question, how did you find them so late.
I like how after Team Rocket's balloon crashes into a daycare and the kids watch the Team Rocket battle the adult has the same expression as any other adult who watches this show. Another really boring uneventful episode dam.

1/5

EP204 The Big Balloon Blow Up - Oh boy pokemon air ballooning how exciting!! hah hah hah. At least we see Meowth in control in this episode trying to get stop them from cheating, that's nice. For a show called Pokemon we really don't even see a lot of pokemon. However the combination of the Team Rocket attacks and interactions between Meowth practically saved this episode.

3/5

EP205 Screen Actors Guilt - IT SMOOCHUM, SHE'S CUTE SO CUTE BUY HER PRODUCTS AND GIVE US MONEY MAHHAHAHAHAH.
Pokedex: Smoochum uses its lips to explore and examine with. WHAT? HOW? HUH? But man when Togepi actually does something it's so annoying! This plot is just so stupid in this episode. However most of the lines (that were clearly added by 4kids) were pretty funny. Overall this is another episode with way to many longated Team Rocket attacks.

2/5

EP206 Right on, Rhydon! - So the string of cringe worthy episodes continues. It's about a Rhydon who is in water, that's it. Other then that there's nothing notable about this episode at all. I also don't get it, it can't with stand water attacks but can tolerate living in water!?

1/5

EP207 Kecleon Caper! : It’s more than a full year before RS comes out and they’re already promoting them! A majority of the Johto Pokémon haven’t even appeared yet they’re giving horrible filler about one already! This is also the first episode with a boss fantasy while it’s less over the top it’s still good to see Team Rocket with better motives. This episode is based around playing hide and seek how exciting! At least Team Rocket is still pretty funny. My god Kecleon is annoying, if anything this makes me to not want to see anything that deals with that pokemon.
2/5
EP208 The Joy of Water Pokemon: This episode is basic proof of the effort the writers had when they wrote this series and how low on ideas they were on. It’s about a Nurse Joy who lives on a lake, hates water pokemon and wants to write a book, The End. I wouldn’t have so many issues with this but Nurse Joy is the basic definition of the term Mary-Sue, she’s perfect in every way, if you has an obstacle she can overcome come it, because she’s freaking perfect! I’m still yet to see an episode with Nurse Joy that doesn’t want me to get my head cut off. Yet in this episode she has a phobia of water pokemon for reason the writers won’t explain because that would require effort. Team Rocket is used as basic padding in an episode yet again.
1/5
EP209 Got Miltank!: This episode is just terrible, it feels like a rehash of Mewtwo Returns except with a healing a Miltank and no, Mewtwo, tension, the exposition, or Giovanni. This is facepalm worthy, for shame! I wouldn’t be so bothered but it came out less than a year before this episode!
1/5
EP210 Fight for the Light: The episode starts off by showing us that the gym leader is a leader girl, which shouldn’t be surprise to anyone who does play the game except for the writers who most likely don’t. Brock: Ash why are you using Pikachu against a Pokémon then isn’t effected by any of it’s attacks!!? THIS IS JOHTO PIKACHU MUST BE USED IN EVERY GYM BATTLE!!! Also Jasmine is another incredibly bland gym leader with the writers completely ignoring the actual personality she had in game that made her um MEMORABLE!? At last the Team Rocket attack in this episode didn’t feel entirely pointless, even though the assistant girl was really forgettable as a character but not totally bland.
3/5
EP211 Machoke, Machoke Man: Well we’re currently yet to see a good gym battle this season and since this is the last episode I think this episode should worth noting. First off Chuck is not a completely bland gym leader with personality of a piece of celery and actually seems to be based off. The Games!?? Although I don’t understand why they felt he should have a Machoke instead of a Primeape since we haven’t seen one since Ash’s ironically. Dan Green’s performance as Chuck in this episode is also really weird, it’s not bad but also not good. Oh man Pikachu has now been used in every gym battle, seriously what the hell!? Why can’t they use different Pokémon GOD? Oh well at least he goes down fast. Other then that the second half of this battle is pretty good despite being mildly short. How ironic that the most memorable gym leader has the most forgettable episode. Also Jasmine shouldn't be a gym leader is she's going to be so easily distracted by a freaking Ampharos!

3/5

Mewtwo Returns    
Not many people seem to not be aware that we kind of had a direct sequel to the first movie, Mewtwo Returns. First off at least this movie gives us, (a some what vague) explanation unlike the first movie. This oddly in wide screen while 4Kids actually cropped all of there dubbed movies, weird. It also seems that as the time Mewtwo has been away he has been spending his time, staring at the sun thinking emo thoughts to himself. This movie kind of seems to retcon the character development from the first movie but it might have been because Mewtwo's was done in the last minute of the movie.  Giovanni also seems pretty downplayed in his first time role as a villain. I'm going to recapture you Mewtwo so I can take over the world then......? He already captured Mewtwo and did very little I don't see what difference this makes. I know a lot fans will disagree with me on this one but I really did not care for this special, it tries to through in so many themes at once, environmentalism,  loneliness, remembrance it just becomes a convoluted mess. Ash and his friends spend the entire second and third act doing absolutely nothing in fact this more of a Team Rocket movie then Ash and Pikachu movie. 

3/5

Celebi The Voice of the Forrest    

This is the first movie were we get a world of pokemon intro, I'm guessing it's because people complain about going into these movies without knowing anything, which is great because it's an excuse for them to show off awesome effects in later movies. I find it strange how the intro in this movie doesn't show any Gen II pokemon and oddly enough show Porygon. I hate the fact that Sammy has the same raspy boy voice 4kids gives to every 10 year old. Something worth noting, the animation in this movie is easily top notch! It's actually really good. The evil in this film creates a pokemon that not only can catch any pokemon but can increase it's power to the highest level and make it evil! Just roll with it! Man this feels really padded out with random drawn out moments of Ash and friends following the pokemon then swimming in the lake. It doesn't bother me to much since it gives the movie a chance to show off its flashy effects. Most of it is used for foreshadowing later on but leaves little impact. I must admit the I do like the relationship between Sammy and Ash in this movie and how Sammy is worried if he can return to the past.
Sammy: Look at all the Butterfree
Ash: I hope you'll be free soon Sam, free to go back in time.
That pun, my god!
After we get about 20 minutes of basic pudding comes out of nowhere and catches Celebi. Are you kidding me? We couldn't get any real battle, I mean just like that! As much as an under developed villain the Masked Murroder is he's really memorable for being well evil. Yet again we're having a cramming of themes into this movie during the last minute. However the stuff with evil Celebi is pretty awesome. The stuff with Celebi being freed from evil and it's pokeball exploding. No, just no. Wait this is a Japanese anime so we still need to break a few hearts before this movie ends! Now Celebi is just out of energy! Actually I admit it, seeing the last moments with Celebi was pretty sad. Seeing it come back to life was a really beautiful moment. So Sammy was Oak all along, then why didn't Prof Oak add all the Johto pokemon he saw in the region in his pokedex, in fact this opens a lot of plot whole to the series. Oh well while this was pretty flawd plot wise it's not to bad, it should have been a lot longer though.

3/5

Full Review    
 So that was Johto League Champions and "suprise" it's just as bad as I made it out to be. Not much has changed quality wise except while Season 3 had some episodes that surprised me episodes this season didn't surprise me do to there original plots or just plain goofyness. But what makes this season worse then the previous one? Well it's 4Kids fault, because let's face it we already have poor overall storytelling and animation the only thing this show had going for it was it's high quality music score which 4kids decided to cut in half and make moments with the original more scarce toning down the importance of the moment with the low budget music. As if that wasn't bad enough the voice acting is also brought down to an incredibly low quality with nearly all of the voice actors just sounding either bored or no idea who they are voicing. Also this may be a nitpick but 4kids decides to instead this season use there own pokemon for whose that pokemon, leaving hints of who the pokemon is which left little to the imagination. The point of whose that pokemon was to identify the main pokemon for the episode not something for kids to guess on! Man 4kids just really can't get anything right. On final note there really was nothing good to come out of this season, no capture, no releases, and one evolution of a pokemon I think people didn't want to see evolve put that with a collection of horrible gym battles and you've got a recipe for crap!

1/5

4 To Watch
Air Time
The Wayward Wobbefett
Sick Days
The Poke-Spokemen

Last edited by Magmaster12; March 10, 2012 at 11:59:52 AM.