View Single Post
Old May 17, 2012, 08:34:16 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
What do you think is the right level to be at to start enchanting weapons/tools?
Ohhhhh boy. Alright, It does not matter what level you are at, just so long as you spend all of them at once (under most circumstances). Enchanting is a gamble. You can spend one level on a diamond sword and get Sharpness I, or you can spend 10 levels and get Sharpness I. However, you can also spend one level on a helmet and get protection one, but that same level might also get you aqua affinity. As a general rule, the more levels you spend, the greater the chance of getting good enchantments. It's all statistics (which happens to be one of the only forms of math I actually have some kind of understanding of). Have a lookie here:

WARNING: GRAPHS

There is one thing, though, that is certain: If you have less than ten levels and want to spend it on a bow, ONLY USE ONE LEVEL. From one level to nine levels, you WILL get Power I!

If you have too much gold (and don't want to give it to me so I can hoard it ), you can do a bunch of level 1 enchantments on gold tools and armor. A level one enchant on gold armor has a chance of getting Projectile Protection IV, whereas you'd need to spend ten levels on a piece of iron armor to get about the same chance.

Long story short, it's a gamble.

Last edited by A'bom; May 17, 2012 at 08:34:48 AM.