View Single Post
Old December 25, 2010, 03:16:12 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
Easy at first, ridiculously hard to win eventually. Many of the stats are worthless, and some are way OP, skill does nothing, Stamina/speed/power do everything.

Another poorly implemented mini game that could have been made awesome easily.

To be honest, it beats contests 10 to 1, though Nintendo needs to focus more on breeding/battling, and less on minigames.
About the ONLY events where I've detected Skill rating as necessity are in Snow Throw and Goal Roll.

For Snow Throw, it actually helps to have at least ONE Pokemon with high Skill and/or Power ratings. Why Skill is needed isn't entirely based on throwing Accuracy, but how fast your snowball goes after you've flung it at a target. It sounds a bit crazy, but you'd need to have Pokemon with completely maxed Skill and one with nearly no Skill side-by-side to notice the discrepancy.

Goal Roll is always something crazy everytime, but mainly Skill just affects how long you can punt the ball after dashing. Although, Power and Speed come in handy for when you want to slightly nudge the ball (Power), and when you want to wreak some havoc on the field (Speed). Although for the lfie of me, I still can't get the Potential trophy for Pennant Capture.

Now, is it just me, or is it near impossible to get a 500 score on the Jump event? I've yet to figure out the scoring formula the game uses for Disc Catch, and sometimes I find the scoring for Hurdle Dash just as annoying.