View Single Post
Old May 12, 2012, 09:18:32 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
How many wireless things you have in your home?
Like I keep track of that. In my line of sight at this very moment, two: My laptop and this phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Have the MC uses of gold changed your view on gold in the real world?
Not really. When you detach your preconceived notions of gold, it becomes what it really is: a soft, brownish-yellow metal. There isn't anything magic about it that makes it valuable other than the fact that place such a label on it. However, gold does have some very useful properties as far as metals go. As I mentioned before, gold is soft. you don't need much of it to spread it out and cover something with it. One ounce of gold can be flattened into a 300 square-foot sheet. On top of that, gold is incredibly resistant to corrosion. This makes it particularly useful for electronics. That being said, the main use for gold in Minecraft is powered rails (for me, anyways... I typically don't waste it on gold apples and potions of healing).

However, I do tend to hoard gold (like all my other resources). It could simply come down to it that gold is shiny and, as much as humans like to think they are advanced enough to resist it, we cannot help but love shiny things.