Thread: Beta 1 Release
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2010, 11:59:34 PM
Kyurem

Default Beta 1 Release

Many may have noticed that for the past few weeks the term "VictoryBattles" has turned up a few times. Today, this project, a project a massive proportions, takes shape, and we want you to join and witness it. This is the single biggest project yet to be seen by VictoryRoad: this is a project that makes the community a community. But, what is it?

Origins
VictoryBattles was started by myself over a year ago as an MMORPG to be played in the browser. However, when summer ended last year, I was too busy with school to continue coding it, and so it lay in my computer's hard drive, untouched for nearly 9 months. Then, summer came around again, and I decided to finish what I started: by rebranding the original project, adding an adoption system, and stabilizing the code, VictoryBattles is born.

The Floatzel Adoptables Has a New Name and Face
VictoryBattles will replace the Floatzel adoptables. Many things will stay the same, some things will change, but in the end, so many new things will be added. All of your floatzel adoptables will not disappear, of course: in September VictoryBattles RC1 will be released, and all of Floatzel's Adoptables will be reincarnated as VictoryBattles adoptables. Some volunteers will also see their adopts converted before hand.

Beta Release
Of course, the project still isn't perfect. Today I release the very first beta, and for people interested, start to preemptively convert Floatzel Adopts into VB Adopts. However, bugs are plenty, and the storyline isn't even close to finishing. Come the release candidate, many bugs should be fixed, and come the stable 1.0, the storyline should also see much more completion. But until then, we must wait.

Features
VictoryBattles is indeed much of an adoptables system, but it also adds many new things: a way of battling other trainers with your adopts, a way of trading adopts on the global market, and a way of showing them off in new light. Plus, come the stable, a brand new adventure for you to see.

Try It Out!
Wanna come in and see what it looks like? battles.victoryroad.net is your place to go. Remember, if there are any bugs you find (and there probably are many), report them here. Also, remember if you are going to use Internet Explorer, please upgrade to at least version 8 (more here). Of course, please don't report anything related to the storyline: those will be worked on later.

Since This is the First Beta
Remember, since this is the first official beta, several features have also been disabled, notably the wild battle system. These will be back in the second beta.