View Single Post
Old February 5, 2012, 07:27:34 AM
Rayquaza

Johto Journeys
pray for me

Johto Rage Count 49
Episode Review    

EP119 Don't Touch Dile - And thus begins an incredibly longed out journey. I think this was basically the writers trying to copy the idea of the stolen starter from GS. Except instead of the well developed jerk rival we get the Team Rocket Morons THANK YOU JOHTO. This episode alone is incredibly poorly paced as it is.
My god Prof Elm has such a bad voice actor too. My god what terrible start to what is a terrible saga.

2/5

EP120 The Double Trouble Header - In this episode we get introduced to the baseball fan Casey and man she's really annoying. Of course because she's a baseball fan we get baseball puns. Yay? The way she talks about her baseball team sounds like the same way I talk about the New York Mets, I know they suck but I route for them anyways. But seeing Casey get upset was pretty good while giving her back story despite being kind of weak. As for Tea Rocket well they feel more like real villains trying to trick another pokemon trainer. Also why do they just have Brock and Misty on sidelines just watching Casey and Ash suffer no need to help your friends guys.

3/5

EP121 A Sappy Ending - This is another episode that suffers WSIGAD as in there's no tension in this episode. Why should I honestly care about whether or not the forest is dying it's just a really bad environmental message that phoned in. In this episode Misty seems to be as enthusiastic as I am but it's probably only because she's afraid of bug pokemon. Also why are the Pinsir even going to other side of the forest in the first place? It's never explained I also don't get why they're not destroying there own forest also. And yet again Team Rocket is behind everything. So now it's obvious what going to happen next. They don't even need the sap Team Rocket just needs to make a plot. AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH THANK YOU JOHTO. Also why the heck does Ash go through the entire episode without trying to catch Heracross? AGH

1/5

EP122 Roll on, Pokemon - After the last episode suddenly it appears Ash WANTS to catch a pokemon. I also hate the fact that not only does the idea of Donphan finding Amberite makes no sense but it's ability is never brought up again. Ash battling Donphan just felt like something to make this episode longer not that it matters since every episode so far has been like this.

2/5

EP123 Illusion Confusion - We start off with a group lost yet again only to run into Gary. Gary says that a Hoothoot is required to get through the forest or you'll be lost forever. Are you kidding me? That makes no sense!! Also Gary isn't willing to help Ash, hope you're happy coping with Ash's death Gary! And finally there's the fact that the only Hoothoot left isn't good at it's purpose. But of course how else will this constant cleshe bring tension aside from the obvious result that's going to happen. AGH TRIPLE RAGE!!!!! If there's one thing good about this episode it would be the illusions made by Hoothoot even though it was only done to create fake tension.

1/5

EP124 Flower Power - First of all why does this episode take place in a random town? I wouldn't be so mad about this but they never visted Cherrygrove City in the an anime and it's actually a pretty important town! Anyways the string of no tension filler continues. now we have to deal with Bellosum that mess one single move while street performing. OH NO SOME ONE HELP THEM IMMEDIATELY! Also many people watch this? There's honestly nothing impressive about this episode.

2/5

EP125 Spinarak Attack - Well this episode isn't as god awful as the other ones this season so far. Not say much though but it's nice to see an episode with some slight continuity. Such as Jenny thinking the group are detectives, Misty's fear of bug pokemon and James' bottle caps. but something I don't get is the fact they don't establish whether or not they're stealing from rich people. Probably nitpicking but it would raise the tension a little bit. Also for a series that's supposed to focus on the new Johto pokemon I don't get why we usually see one per episode. Or the fact it seems like the group are helping Officer Jenny for no reason besides Brock having the hots for Jenny.

3/5

EP126 Subbull Snobbery - This episode isn't too bad since it shows the characters with pretty full personality. Especially how Brock yet again spoke out for a pokemon. Also 4Kids now apparently thinks Jelly Filled Donuts = Popcorn Balls. Problem i don't think it's enough for me to care. Serously what's the deal with how Team Rocket's balloon just randomly landed by them only for them to be blasted off soon afterword.

3/5

EP127 Little Big Horn - You know Brock can be a really over looker character some times. This episode show how he can actually be not only an interesting character but also shows off how good of pokemon breeder. See he's good for something aside from random flirting. I guess the only problem with this episode would be the fact that like all the other episodes so far this episode is poorly paced. And what is it with how the pokemon in Johto like to scare trainers with there illusions? This song also randomly starts playing the song together forever for some reason. It totally makes no sense at all like 4Kids believes music must always be playing in the background or people will lose attention for 5 seconds without music? Well I'm now distracted by that to write about it so I guess not. Brock using tough love to get rid of Stantle reminded me of Harry and the Hendersons. Also the Team Rocket attack in this episode is just stupid. James basically spent all of there money on a robotic Stantle to capture one weak baby Stantler for no real reason after not even seeing it battle. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is stupid even for Team Rocket standards. This is also the first time wee see one of Brock's Pokemon since the Indigo League to bad it's only on screen for 10 seconds.

3/5

EP128 Chikorita Rescue - The Chikorita in this episode defeated Ash's Bulbasaur and Charizard. PREPARE FOR INCOSISTANSIES. At least this episode tries to explain why Team Rocket wants to capture a Pokemon for once. Other then that this is just another capture episode with the pokemon getting turned around by how hard headed Ash is.

3/5

EP129 Once in a Blue Moon - Man this episode is cleche and stupid even for this shows standards. Of course the first time we see the GS Ball it ends up getting stolen and of course Team Rocket tries to steal the pokemon of the day for no explained reason and of course when Ash gets it back he's the lucky one. Can't it be someone else who gets all the luck. Also Officer Jenny just goes out and flat out arrests the group because they don't know anything. You'd think by now the group would learn to research the area. The whole plot to this episode is well stupid at the idea that a pokemon would go around stealing round items with no one caring because it gives good luck!? Maybe it's just more common in Japan for that stuff to be accepted. And the Quagsire steal all this stuff so they can through it up a waterfall. What? Finally, the fact that the GS Ball is deemed lucky from this episode to bad it's just going to be a forgotten side plot!

1/5

EP130 The Whistle Stop - Typical Johto filler, no tension, pointless Team Rocket Attack, boring character of the day, and same old running gags.
Johto = Pain

1/5

EP131 Ignorance Is Blissey - Wow an episode that's actually good well not just good but really good. The antics of the ditsy Blissey were pretty funny. We also have a confusing bit of continuity. How did she try to become a pokemon nurse while also joining a Bike Gang, Dropping out of a Pokemon Tech then meeting up with James to join Team Rocket? But it's also surprisingly emotionally in trying to explain her backstory. Showing that even Jessie has her limits when it comes to being evil.

5/5

EP132 A Bout Sprout - Well sooner or later the anime would have to follow something from the game. I just wish it wasn't that spinning guy you met in Violet City. Seriously it's so weird! Oh well at least his appearance is brief. But what is it with Team Rockets motive in this episode. Turn over Pikachu or we'll become world renown terrorists. What? This episode still wasn't to bad because the character of the day wasn't totally bland.

4/5

EP133 Fighting flyer with Fire - Seriously you'd think by now Ash would stop trusting people with Pikachu because of Team Rocket and stop letting them eat time out of such an important episode! Team Rocket says they're not as smart as they think they are. Well duh they keep falling for there disguises and seriously just glasses for disguises? But I guess if it works for Clark Kent it works for Team Rocket. Also like all of the other Johto gym leaders in this region Falkner is DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL. I also don't understand why the only Gen II flying type he uses is the already seen Hoothoot. Where the writers restricted to to the Gen II pokemon they could use early on? This episode isn't to bad the battle is well executed. However I'm still pretty disappointed because it was a pretty long wait but I guess there was probably no way they could make it pleasurable.

4/5

EP134 For Crying out Loud - Well back to a string of terrible fillers. This is just another bland typical filler not much to say. I don't even get we need a Marill episode when Tracy owned one.

2/5

EP135 Tanks a Lot - You know I really don't get it. Why do the writers feel they must force Johto pokemon down our throats one at a time? Why do they have to run around being cute when nothing like that is in you know THE GAME! Heaven forbid we have a real battle and not another longed out Team Rocket battles. Okay well aside from that rage attack again. At least episode has some tension, from a tank but i personally think fans would be more then happy to see Togepi killed. I think this episode was one that tried to over the top by using crazy schemes but the executions are just not good. Seriously Ash having Charizard use flamethrower on the window for the tank, why wasn't that done earlier? I also find it ironic they cut the length it takes to get away from Violet City when they still aren't in Azalea Town yet.

4/5

EP136 Charizard's Burning Ambition - Let me start off by saying this, Charizard deserved to released! I mean let's face it, he had to use him in the first gym but it would have been way to easy for him to go through the rest of the gyms with such a strong pokemon. Overall this episode is also really good too.
But why is it that whenever an episode is good this season it seems to get everything right? Interesting character of the day, interesting plot, and Team Rocket getting used minimally. Why aren't all episodes this consistent? And oh man the final scene of this episode is just fantastic.

5/5

EP137 Grin to Win - I personally think this episode could have been a lot worse. At least the antics with Team Rocket and Sunflora were interesting. It's also nice to see Meowth get used for something besides Team Rocket for a change. But I hate that fact the 4kids seems to constantly insist on playing Together Forever like it has a special meaning whenever the Japanese version has no music. I like the fact that one of Sunflora's is really tall and Brock suggests it might be one steroids. Gotta love 2000 4kids humor. This is also the first episode of Johto we've seen that displays 3 Johto pokemon in one episode. Took them long enough! Not that it matters since Snubull is a recurring pokemon. His entire appearance was so forced too.

2/5

EP138 Chikorita's Big Upset -Pokemon physiology, in a children's anime. The writers can barely write this show for kids what makes them think they can do the opposite? In this episode we also have a bunch of random fighting pokemon. And guess what? NONE OF THEM ARE JOHTO POKEMON. God this show even fails at it's own poorly done premise! Also the whole plot with Chikorita is just really boring. I think this might have worked as a subplot but this is Johto where everything sucks. If there's one thing I like about this is the fact the Ash tries to save Chikorita and Pikachu himself instead of using his pokemon. Although it makes no sense, serously there are at least 13 other good pokemon you can't use any of them? Why does Ash never do this in any other situation? I well I still like it. I guess the good thing would be this episode went by fast. BUT SERIOUSLY 4KIDS STOP PLAYING TOGETHER FOREVER WE'RE ALL SICK OF IT NOW! This episode also feels pretty pointless since this isn't the last time Chikorita's relation with Ash will be shown as an issue.

2/5

EP139 Foul Weather Friends - Typical boring episode not worth talking about since it's a copy and paste of almost the other episodes in this show so far. Good thing about this episode, Brock actually does something. Ah the your special moral pushed in at the end, so annoying! At least it gave a point to this episode.

2/5

EP140 Superhero Secret - Man why is Brock so obsessed with finding out who Gligar man is, it feels out of character of him. I guess a plus for this episode is that the plot is really original. For whatever reason the animators in this episode decided to make Misty look 20 years old and hotter then the girl Brock flirts with in this episode. But man this episode is awesome though. A pokemon based superhero there is no way they can screw this up! The overall execution of this episode was great too.

4/5

EP141 Mild 'n Wholly - Rather watch sheep to fall asleep then watch this episode. Of course we even get more then one Team Rocket attack in one episode because well what else can be done in this episode?

1/5

EP142 Wired for Battler - First off were the heck is the guy getting all this information on trainers in the last five years to find out so much including there strategies. I mean did he use Bulbapedia or something? The whole idea of a guy trying to predict the out come of battle makes perfect sense. Well gee it's not like something like that can be calculated in the game, oh wait it can! But I guess pokemon battles can be based on luck is only if there are critical hits. This episode spends way to much time having Ash try to get the character of the day to give in. What annoys me is the fact that the trainer tries to tell his Scizor to finish off the battle with False Swipe. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT IN THE GAME WRITERS DID YOU EVEN LOOK UP ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME!!!! GAWD. It is such a bad ending to the battle. Other then that this episode is just basic.

3/5

EP143 Good Quil Hunting - Oh right I almost forgot, Ash himself could catch some of the new rarely seen pokemon. Ash is so excited about capturing a Cyndaquil, I'm gonna catch one practically abandon it then evolve 10 years from now. Ug more rage. Maybe it's because they've made so many appearances now and I've just gone insane,
Team Rocket is actually pretty enjoyable in this episode.This also seems to have pretty good use of Ash since he actually comes up with pretty clever tactics to take down the mechanical robot. Although I personally think the ending this episode was left pretty empty. The writers seem to have an obsession with associating fire starters with abusive trainers.

3/5

EP144 A Shadow of a Drought - Well I guess some of the antics with Team Rocket in the beginning of this episode are pretty good. I also like the irony of Misty and Ash arguing over whether they should go to the gym or Kurt first. Either continue on with the only plot device that will never lead anywhere or continue what is left of the plot. Hmmmmm. Also at the end of the episode it just turns out that no one will be mad at the group because it rained.

3/5

EP145 Going Apricorn - Well it's finally happened after many months and days we have finally reached Kurt to give the GS Ball to only to find out. ??? NOTHING THIS SIDE PLOT WAS ABANDONED!!! Bad writing aside this episode is pretty general. I mean the stuff with Maisy and the Apricorns felt pretty boring and repetitive. And my god Team Rocket just die already!!!! Also why are they even bothering to make special pokeballs? Also why haven't the characters ever used there fast balls for promotions? This episode would a lot better if it didn't start so many freaking plot holes!

2/5

EP146 Gettin' the Bugs Out! - Another gym battle another bland gym leader. Also why does Team Rocket have to appear in this episode, they're so freaking pointless! They do nothing for this entire battle. Also Bugsy says this is first time someone has beaten his second pokemon in a long long time. This is the third battle in a row we've heard something like to rise the tension. I don't buy it. Syther spinning around to deflect fire attacks to aviod fire attacks, that's just an excuse or a bad climax and end to this good battle. The group is in shock of the fact that they almost left the town without there new apricorn balls. Not that it matters since Brock will never use his Heavy Ball. Ash also says it was a long journey but it was worth the wait. No. Just no.

3/5

EP147 A Farfetch'd Tale - Once again we have another episode that doesn't focus on a Johto Pokemon. I don't care to much though since this is an event from the game and it's the game's fault for not doing the same. This episode is still just as annoying as any other Johto pokemon of the day episode.

2/5

EP148 Tricks of The Trade - Now we have an episode that focuses on something from the games again, pokemon swap meet. It's this episode that makes me mad but what happens in it. First off we get our introduction to the overused and pointless pokemon who last 10 years, Wobbefett. Next we have Ash permanently sending Heracross off
to Prof Oak for pointless research. Because well he can't have an original pokemon on his team for a full season he has to use every started. AGH. There's also the fact that Ash tries to show off his Taurus so the character of the can get offers but he refuses. ASH YOU HAVE 30 TAUROS AND REFUSE TO TRADE ONE. IT THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO CATCH AS MANY POKEMON AS POSSIBLE. I wouldn't get so mad at this episode but come on, give him some more pokemon because we're stuck with the same ones for a very long time. I'm also not a big fan of Jessie trading Lickitung because it leaves her with Arbok for the next two years. Sigh oh well. This episode still isn't to bad. This is also the first episode I've seen that uses Gen II with out a reason FINALLY. Although oddly they only seem willing to use Gen II pokekmon that have already appeared. Seriously the group is so stupid! They couldn't tell the fact that Benny's Lickitung was traded for the Wobbefett Team Rocket just suddenly had! Man

3/5

EP149 The FireRing Squad - You know release episodes can either be really good having pokemon reach the peek of there development or poorly done by have the pokemon released with lousy excuses, this episode is no exception. First off I'm having trouble understanding the idea of thousands of people willing to gather in a big stadium to watch pokemon put out fires, that's just stupid. I also don't get why he borrowed Psyduck when he should know how useless it is. I know you could reason that the guy never met Poliwag but Psyduck never did anything! The fact that Squirtle has to help his team feels so freaking forced, I mean they're already one of the best water pokemon squads but they need to be even better! Oh well could be worse. Why does Squirtle get a montage in his release but Charizard does not. Oh well it was probably because we already had one and he was overused.

3/5

EP150 No Big Whoop - This an episode about a Preschool. For Whooper. I couldn't joke about this if tried! So the character of the day has to meet her mother. So in place of her she agrees to put the twerps in charge. Because yeah putting total strangers in charge of your job, great idea! The antics in this episode are so unfunny! For once I was actually HOPING Team Rocket would appear.

1/5

EP151 Tunnel Vision - Once again we get another episode focus on the Johto pokemon of the wait. In the episode we get a focus on the pokemon Onix that has already made plenty of appearances. In this episode we actually get focused on the now unfunny recurring gag pokemon Jigglypuff and Snubble sadly. All we get in this episode is a bunch of the terrible running gags. Writers here is the thing with running gags, in order to make running gags funny, they actually need to be funny the second time around and not identical to the first time it was used! This episode had absolutely no effort put into it.

1/5

EP152 Hour of the Houndour - Pretty basic episode but there's nothing in it that really stands out. With maybe the exception of Brock doing something for once.

2/5

EP153 The Totodile Duel - You know I'm kind of glad they waited a while for Ash to catch all of the starter pokemon. The less screen time these annoying guys get the better. Well I'm mainly referring to the fact that it will get old fast. I honestly would still prefer for Misty to catch the starter pokemon since it wouldn't feel just like Ash's Kanto team and give Misty a pokemon with a personality. But wait Ash is the main character and must have THE MOST PREDICTABLE TEAM POSSIBLE!!! Also James does the can can right in front of the group, you think they would have noticed it was him. The battle between Ash and Misty was pretty poorly done but everything else I liked.

3/5

EP154 Hot Matches - First off the battles in this episode are identical to each other. Each one was Skarmory using swift, someone using agility then dodging flamethrower. How lame. But I actually do like seeing Ash actually training his pokemon for once, it makes it more believable that he is a good trainer.

3/5

EP155 Love, Totodile Style - Pokemon in love. Is it a good idea?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
So yes this is just as bad as it sounds. Of course this is an episode with pokemon circus, because THAT hasn't been done before right? Totodile is also freaking annoying in this episode especially when it gets rejected by Azumarill. This is also probably the closest Team Rocket has gotten to actully catching Pikachu. The only problem is the fact the decided to spend the entire night in a cabin near the twerps when taking off in there GIANT MEOWTH BALLOON. At least try to use a different mode of transportation for
once!

2/5

EP156 Foul Play - I've noticed that most of the capture episodes have been pretty good. To bad this episode features the final member of Ash's Johto that will require catching. thank you Johto. The antics with Ash and Noctowl's illusion is pretty fun along with how eccentric our character of the day is. This is also the third episode in a row where Ash competes with another trainer to capture the pokemon. Nice to know the writing is so original still. The twerps also argue with Team Rocket about them using a machine to capture a pokemon claiming it as un honorable. Really guys just now you're pointing this out. Them playing dirty is as original as them trying to steal Pikachu. This episode was okay but very unoriginal. I don't understand why people seem to like all the mechas Team Rocket has when they all end up with the same obvious results.

3/5

EP157 Forrest Grumps - This episode features The Twerps and Team Rocket working together. And it totally works! I mean the character interactions between the group are really good with us getting seeing them work together. Especially because it gives us a chance for the characters to talk about something besides well pokemon. I also REALLY like Jessie in this episode because it makes her more fleshed out again and question our loyalty to Team Rocket. While Misty is left in a light similar to Jessie because of her own selfishness. But seriously the group is running across a random rickety bridge to get away from the Urasing. So in turn they decide to execute straight out murder and cut the bridge! Why? Because pokemon are jerks! This still gives us a good moment of everyone working to together as a team. I especially the realization of how Misty, Meowth and James were afraid to jump off a cliff that has actually only 3 feet high. Might be nitpicking but it annoys me that Team Rocket at the end of the episode (especially Jessie) they're totally uneffected by this episode, I mean not even 1 second of regret? Well actually looking back I think it might be more fitting for her to just blaim James and Meowth but I still would have like to see her affected more. Oh well still a great episode. Also in the end the area was an Ursaring mating ground, The sign to not disturb then and if you do it just may be.... MAY BE WHAT WE WILL GET A HUMAN/POKEMON HYBRID!? I want to see some explanation!

4/5

EP158 The Psychic Sidekicks - First off here's something I should point out, the writers during Kanto and the Orange Islands thought ghost pokemon were super effective against psychic types when that wasn't changed until Gen II. Now that we're in Gen II the writers decided to correct themselves despite the change. I should credit 4kids though for making a reference to trainer tips and not having it get lost in translation. Speaking which 4kids never released this episode on dvd because they aired the episode out order. Nice going. Also use of the move future sight, good just really don't get why so many were so shocked. Man it would really suck if a dark type pokemon that is immune to pyschic types attacked this town. O have a very strong feeling this episode was written for Kanto and forced out of desperation by the Johto writers. Just another episode were a trainer of the day we'll never see again battles Ash and has obstacle Team Rocket comes along and tries to make the obstacle worse only for the trainer to overcome there problem in a time of need. I swear it's like this episode has written by mad libs. If there one thing good about this episode it's that along with the great battle it's also a pretty funny episode.

3/5

EP159 Fortune Hunters - Why does it seem like that the writers usually use stuff from the games before or after gym battles? Also the disguises for Butch and Cassidy really tricked me until I heard there voice lol stupid trainers just handing over there pokemon. This episode pretty good since it once again kind of goes off the topic of pokemon again originality is strongly praised this season. We even see James deny the facts of the book only to quickly accept it and we get an incredibly over the top performance.
This episode still down plays Butch and Cassidy while not as much as future episodes but because of how they will be used in a future arc. I also don't get why they got the idea for the daycare owners on that route to actually be evil Team Rocket members, oh well. Oddly this is also the first time the characters see Giovanni, after 159 episodes how anticlimactic. Looking back it's pretty stupid seeing Giovanni give support for Butch and Cassidy when we've never seen them succeed.

4/5

Spell of Unown    

You know as much how fans love this movie I don't remember liking this movie to much. However I might actually be wrong .
I started off by watching the Pichu bros short and it's pretty boring. Of course I'm reviewing something far out of my age range but come on it's so boring and compelling.
It's really feels like something just to stretch out the movie by another 18 minutes. But pokemon is pokemon at least it actually shows pokemon we haven't seen in the anime yet. Also Ash says that it's the day the first met. THEN WHY IS HE STILL 10!!?!!?!?!?!?!
Okay I never noticed this but, I really like how our villain is a little girl and not only that but it's really believable that a seven year old would do all this and not be aware actions. It took us almost a half hour for us to finally see Ash's face. I also like the battle at the beginning of this episode since it showcases all of his pokemon that he used this season almost like a call back. I like the fact that when Dahlia comes out of the car she seems to only care that Pikachu is present and starts groping her breast. It's probably more likely just trying to hug her but it's not helped by the fact the camera man seems to want to get in on this action. Also the music score sounds really cheap, I wouldn't be complaining about this if 4kids had bothered to keep the original music and not use there own 5 MAN orchestra! I also appreciate how high the tension in this movie is, since we're left with both sides from Molly who is afraid of loneliness and Ash who feels the same way towards rescuing his mother. Brock also seems to be flirting with Molly during his pokemon battle with Brock. Brock you're sick she's seven! I'm also not a big fan of Ash's friends being sidelined for part of the movie but I think actually works to make the characters more interesting especially since Ash's friends don't do to much in the movies it's nice to see them do something. But towards the end they just seem to disappear! Oh man, the battle between Charizard and Entei is really amazing. Here is probably one of my favorite aspects of this movie and it is the fact the we have a great moral and tie in with themes without it feeling forced. While the movie is very short it's well rounded up and paced with incredible animation to top it off.

4/5

Full Review    

Well that was the first third of Johto, and is it as bad as everyone says? Well yes and no. First of all we have a lot of terrible episodes that just feel like they're in the same same cycle, character A has a problem, the group tries to fix it, Team Rocket shows up, at the last minute our resolution is resolved. THE END. Okay and even if you were willing to except that, I don't buy it there's only so many times the writers can use the same cliche over and over again. The same thing goes for there running gags which were milked to death this season even the ones that were created this year. I can just imagine the writers sitting in there room having no idea were to take the episode so last minute they just through in a running gag. I especially hate how in every episode we've Brock runs into a hot girl, once again can't our characters run into an ordinary male or ugly female? And even if you over look all of that there's still no tension. I know there are a lot people out there that actually do enjoy fillers and reason that they're fun and aren't always bad. The thing is that can be true as a said there were some episodes that really surprised at had good they were but it was mainly because they were emotional or just original even though some were good at building up tension. For those of you who question why it matters? Thing is all shows need tension! If there's no tension there's little point to series or motivation, or goal which means no plot. The only reason why it is this way is because the writers keep using the same plots! We never see any real reason for the group wanting to help out
the character of the day except for Brock not being able to keep it in his pants! While the original series gave us a basic set up by having raised tension with Gary and Ash wanting to catch 'em all and the Orange Islands had fillers with some tension and more logical plots we have neither here. Gary is more mature now and it seems Ash hates him for no reason. His appearances now seem based around just getting the plot going making him downplayed even more ignoring the tension brought on by there rivalry.
So yes I despite some surprise episodes Johto is as bad as people say it is and I look forward to torturing myself more on my journey through Johto.

2/5

4 To Watch
Ignorance is Blissey
Charizard's Burning Ambition
Superhero Secret
Forest Grumps

____ To Skip
You know what, ALL OF THEM basically aside from maybe the gym battles and the episodes I listed above nothing in this series is worth watching at all!

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 13, 2012 at 03:51:31 PM.