Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 6, 2013, 09:05:22 AM
Kyurem

Default So... What do you think of Victory Road?

Man, I think it's quite a long time already... Over one year of memories, and I find this place to be something that is just right for me
there's probably a reason why I keep coming back to this place. I guess it works really well as a gathering place for us all, huh?
Old April 6, 2013, 09:17:30 AM
Regigigas

I feel like its a place where everyone is a friend and you can spend time there. Though it is less popular then it use to be.
Old April 6, 2013, 09:30:43 AM
Celebi

VR Feels like another Home/Family to me. So many welcoming people and friends.
Plus the Fact I spend A LOT of time here
Old April 6, 2013, 10:22:43 AM
Shaymin

I too spend a lot of time here. It feels like VR use to be more popular and constant. It is a wonderful place and there have been a lot of good times. I am glad to be a part of VR and plan on staying. ^^
Old April 6, 2013, 12:37:56 PM
Charizard

This place is a lot more organized and a lot more literate than some other forums. >.>
I mean, once in a while, yeah its okey 4 a post to be liek tis
But when it's every other post that's like that, it gets pretty annoying. ><

...Good thing VR isn't like that. :3
Old April 6, 2013, 02:31:44 PM

I pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this, but I miss the older days of VR, like when I first joined back in the middle of 2011. It was when I met almost all of my friends and had most of my strong memories. Don't get me wrong, VR is still a big part of my life, but I miss the way it used to be.
Old April 6, 2013, 03:01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this, but I miss the older days of VR, like when I first joined back in the middle of 2011. It was when I met almost all of my friends and had most of my strong memories. Don't get me wrong, VR is still a big part of my life, but I miss the way it used to be.
2010-2011 was the time period of VR that I think I enjoyed the most. I still cherish VR now, because I consider this my family. I'm not missing the 'glory days' quite as much, though. I kinda like VR being a bit more reserved, yet still active daily and quaint like this.

Last edited by Cyrus; April 6, 2013 at 03:01:51 PM.
Old April 6, 2013, 03:27:27 PM
Volcarona

I think Victory Road is a nice place. The community is why I come back. It's a very welcoming forum where you can connect with anybody and get to know each other. I'm glad I became part of this forum.
Old April 6, 2013, 06:53:02 PM
Charizard

Personally, I just joined VR and I would like to think everyone for being so nice and inviting. I actually have never seen an ill word between anyone and surprisingly no banter between anyone about Generation 1 being better than all others, etc. Everyone seems to be open minded and full of creativity actually. It's a really interesting community full of creative people with awesome ideas and I appreciate that. It's an awesome place to come and battle and talk about random stuff^^
Old April 6, 2013, 08:10:38 PM
Administrator

Victory Road has been my "baby" since I reopened it in the summer of 2008. As others have said before, it has certainly been through many phases. My visions of what to do with the site constantly change, but it always pleases me to hear the kind words of pleased users. Thanks, everyone!
Old April 6, 2013, 08:29:54 PM
Haxorus

Being a 3-year veteran of VR, going four in a matter of months, I think VR is good. Although drama has been dealt with here, it's nothing new or special considering we're on the internet, which is basically a wide-open world with endless possibilities, drama included.
I really like the community here. Some of the most interesting people on Earth, I've met here, and I never expected something like that to happen on a forum like this one, let alone the internet.
I've grown much more intelligent, too. Back in '09 and '10, I was kind of a moron, but I'm WAY smarter now. This probably has nothing to do with VR, but to me it does.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; April 6, 2013 at 08:31:50 PM.
Old April 6, 2013, 08:44:41 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternateshadow300 View Post
I've grown much more intelligent, too. Back in '09 and '10, I was kind of a moron, but I'm WAY smarter now. This probably has nothing to do with VR, but to me it does.
Kind of reminds me of myself when I first joine Youtube back in January or Febuary of '10. I knew next to nothing about the internet and stuff like video making, remixing, and yes Pokemon. I knew that has nothing to do with VR, but I still hope I can learn even more here, especially since there seems to be a larger percentage of decent people here. I find it a nice place and have enjoyed it very much the few months that I've been here. I hope to learn a lot here. About things in general and of course POKEMON!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 6, 2013 at 08:56:56 PM.
Old April 7, 2013, 12:11:14 AM
Shaymin

Well I can say that it has influenced a fair amount on how I perceive things now. I've shared good memories and bad memories. I still consider it a bit of a place where I can just be myself, but other than most of what I said... I barely have anything to say other than I still love this place. Despite my in-activity...

Last edited by Fubab_107; April 7, 2013 at 12:11:58 AM.
Old April 7, 2013, 01:00:27 AM
Kyurem

Looking at all these posts...

Makes me wonder what if over the last few years, nothing bad happened to any of our users... things might have looked even better. Still, right now, it's peachy. Although it could do much better, I sure am not complaining, because it's great as-is! Who knew that I'd meet some really nice buddies?
Old April 7, 2013, 01:13:40 AM
Joltik

I'm not here often, but I find VR a place to chill, hang out, or battle. Pretty great thus far in my honest opinion.
Old April 7, 2013, 04:05:58 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
You're not the only one. I miss the old days as well.
Old April 7, 2013, 07:48:19 AM
Administrator

Only here a few months to few years? I've been here FOR EV ER (well at least since Mario Minus World). Since the beginning I've been helping Cat run this place and had an enjoyable time watching it evolve. Yes there were the few sour moments, but they are outweighed by the good times I've had here and the friends I've made. Like some of the other older members, I remember the "glory days" we've had here and miss them. I used to be really active and know practically everything that happened here, but now unfortunately due to life and responsibilities I can't spend as much time here as I'd like. That being said though, I still visit here many times everyday and look forward to what the future holds.

Last edited by Yoshi648; April 7, 2013 at 07:52:05 AM.
Old April 7, 2013, 07:48:39 AM
Kyurem

You know, all this talk about old days make me wish time travel was possible.

But we're here.

I guess that makes what we need to do... to make tomorrow's Victory Road a better place. Hmm...

Perhaps a community event is in order. Having very few events isn't enough, apparently - perhaps we need to figure out some way to get something interesting happening at least once a month. I wonder whether that's a tall order, though.
Old April 7, 2013, 08:41:58 AM
Haxorus

I really like it here. This is the first forum I have ever been a part of and I felt that everyone has been really nice and welcoming. I was quite shy to join at first but I think that I have settled in nicely in my short time (so far) here. I agree with Twiggy's comment about holding more events but other than that, I am really enjoying the forum experience.
Old April 7, 2013, 09:13:25 PM
Giratina

Let me wipe the tears from my eyes as I do a quick recollection of my memories.

I joined for a tournament, a Brawl tournament in December to be exact. At least, that's why I think I joined. It was either that or to celebrate HG/SS's release with Cat streaming the entire soundtrack. Either way, I was clueless yet fascinated with the site. I wasn't really on much, but I looked around everywhere to see what the community I just jumped into was like.

Much later, I made quite a number of friends and they were fun to hang around, much like my friends IRL. I spent longer hours on VR just hanging out and talking almost as if it was my second life. I might've acted like a moron and felt unwanted here and there, but nothing like that could tear me away.

Then, I come to the highlight of my stay here; the return trip. After another long leave from VR I returned in March 2012. Many of my friends from before had left, some never came back, but a few had stayed and that was alright with me. I had some pretty fun... adventures and I have to say it was one of the best times of my life. September 2012 really took the cake, and it's now my favorite month.

Unfortunately, one month later things just began to get worse. More friends left, I felt more alone, and I didn't feel that spark that I felt just a few months ago. Ever since, even though I try to come on and post something every day I don't feel like it's as magical as it should be. But this is still one of the greatest things I've ever come upon, an amazing family, and the first-last-and-only forum I'll use.
Old April 8, 2013, 05:32:51 AM
Haxorus

Hmm....
Hmm hmm hmm.
I have the hankerin for the old days when you couldn't vlick anything without somwthing going wrong and everyone was all AARRGH
*waves cane at everyone*
But I understand things have to change, like when rhe site went thru the Kid Icarus fad, that time where there was over nine thousand accounts with "Umbreon" or "DarkShadow" in them..
It's dwfinetely not 09's site, and certainly not '10's, but as the "old group" either gets old and leaves or is stubborn like me and stays, things wint be too bad. Look at Quadcentruo, I dont know him very well but apparently he did a very good job of keeping VR together whilst Da Cat was away.
Aside from the no more VRIM thing, and the lack of ponies inundating every aspect if VR (I'm only slightly kidding about that last one, cause FiM ponies are best fictional animals) I have no problems with VR. And this is coming from the guy who's been disciplined more times then he cares to admit. Stick around, new users.
Ya'll might larn ya somefin useful, thar.

Last edited by Absol; April 8, 2013 at 05:34:32 AM. Reason: With Adnroids, Samsung kaybarf cones lots of typpos. beart with me on thiss
Old May 2, 2013, 08:27:29 PM
Mudkip

I think this is a really cool community and is very unique compared to other Pokemon forums. I wish to be more active here and befriend and get to know people better here. Would be awesome though if we could double our activity, then this would be perfect.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:34:10 PM
Volcarona

I've been here since it was known as the buizel.net forums and had that wood theme that no one wants to mention. This site has been a great get-away when I've been stressed. It also has a nice, helpful community. I'll admit that I've had my moments, but that is all behind me and I enjoy it here. I still remember when Quad and I had a big battle on the arcade, trading high scores left and right. That was fun, but now, with the lack of community events such as tournaments, it's not. I think we need more community events if we are going to retain members and grow as a community and get back to those "glory days".
Old May 3, 2013, 10:49:23 AM
Kyurem

I'm coming up on three years here, and I've had closer friends here than anywhere else, IRL or on the internet. Heck, even a bit closer than friends for one person.
Old May 3, 2013, 07:02:45 PM
Volcarona

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y R-O-A-D. VR. That's what I have to repeat to myself as I type in the URL to this crazy place even though I just click the favicon bookmark on my browser instead. Did I ever mention this place is crazy? I'm crazy too, this is my personal own comfy and cozy psyche ward full of many hallucinations with usernames here whom I love~! Aha, I may have joined a few years ago, but I was... well... weird. MUCH weirder and awkward back then than I am now, well I was x's more shy then too so I left for about a year hiatus. Sooo it's been about the 2011 - 2013 period I've truly held my reign here as full supremacy ruler of the figments of my imagination.

Okay that makes no sense. Surisusss business now. I love this place and I love you. I've made most of my real friends here who can tolerate my crazy quirkiness somehow. Such brave, amazing, and beautiful souls they are. So end conclusion? I LOVE this place~ Only been a little inactive recently mainly due to school. I can slack off there and after receiving family rants... yeaaah, I gotta deal with that stuff first and work. But once that crud is out of they way WOOOO! Stay outta my way or just tumble down the hill with me as I waltz on in here to Victory Road, the path of crazy fun, funnn times with our "Family" here~! <3
Old May 4, 2013, 11:43:12 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I joined for a tournament, a Brawl tournament in December to be exact.
You know what, I remember that. I remember seeing you around the chat asking about the tournament and stuff. I was* slightly active during that time, me thinks.

On topic: Well, I come and go. I can't really remember the last time I hung around, but it was before Bela got banned (or something) and Sunny was still around. Maybe that was 2 years ago or something, I can't remember. I don't know many of the people here and stuff, but hey, I still log in here.

Last edited by Sub-zero; May 4, 2013 at 11:43:40 AM.
Old May 5, 2013, 07:49:48 AM
Mudkip

Thumbs up

I have only been here for a little bit, but its an amazing website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLD View Post
I have only been here for a little bit, but its an amazing website!

you know what? scratch that! this is the best website ever!

Last edited by Reuniclus; May 5, 2013 at 02:02:55 PM.
Old May 6, 2013, 06:54:50 PM
Linoone

Honestly?
It's alright. I came here due to seeing an online league, and it's / was amusing facings the gyms and seeing how they cope with representing a type.
Outside of the league, I don't really have much of an opinion. I lurk in the background reading, mostly, sometimes speaking out but not that much, so I suppose I'm not in any social standings or circles. The few I have talked to have been very friendly and conversational, welcoming and patient or at the very least always somewhat polite.

So I would really have to say my opinion of this forum is somewhat favorable, although it could be improved further perhaps- it has always felt a little slow, or closed at times. But then again, perhaps I'm just not the correct audience or something along those lines for most the threads that keep on going. Regardless, I would aim to support this site as a visitor and will continue to do so.
Old May 8, 2013, 04:53:08 PM
Zoroark

I hate it and everyon- *thud*

But being serious, it took some getting used to from the places that I used to frequent, but I'm kinda getting the hang of the way things work around here. It's a pretty nice place, and the other users are very nice.
Old June 11, 2013, 02:23:23 PM
Giratina

Well today marks my 2nd Year being at VR. Even though I am not as active as I used to be, this place will always be my first home that I was very much attached to. I've made many friends on this forum and loved (mostly) each and everyone of my experiences being here! Hah, well time definitely flew by... I remember when I first came here, being all newbie and what not. I literally didn't know the first thing about a forum and I only joined for the Sprite School at first. Then I challenged the VRGL, and it really increased my interest in Pokemon and Competitive Battling. I remember all of the awesome times when the VRIM Chatroom still existed, how I met most of my friend's through there and how each of them welcomed me kindly and stuff... Well I don't want to create a wall of text, or else I'll feel the need to create a thread xD Well, cheers!
Old June 11, 2013, 02:39:51 PM
Rayquaza

Well I'm trying to be attached too, my goal is to get 4,000 by my 4 year anniversary in August.
Old June 11, 2013, 03:24:00 PM
Giratina

My 4 year is coming up soon (like three months lol), but I'm never here any more. Y'know, these forums are great, I too have many fond memories of arguing with Cat, VRIM, getting pissed off with Cat, the original adoption thing, trolling Cat, playing with Lux and Squirtle in the games board, getting infuriated with Jason_Henge, playing Minecraft with some guys, ignoring Cat, playing on the arcade and having most of my posts edited by Cat. Glad to see that my biggest memory from here hasn't changed, evident from the one post I made earlier in the SSB4 thread and Twiggy's post in the other thread.

I had a huge paragraph here but I removed it so I don't give Cat a haemorrhage. Love you guys <3 (No joke the community here is super kind)

(Also I'm disappointed nobody has taken any of my arcade trophies! Come on, guys!)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 11, 2013 at 03:56:58 PM. Reason: And this edit is just to make sure your post has context after moving it
Old June 11, 2013, 03:44:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Twiggy's post in the other thread.
All I did was add the spoiler tag. And this edit is just to make sure your post has context after moving it. Keep your head on, Nin.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 11, 2013 at 03:57:19 PM.
Old June 11, 2013, 03:53:23 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
My 4 year is coming up soon (like three months lol), but I'm never here any more. Y'know, these forums are great, I too have many fond memories of arguing with Cat, VRIM, getting pissed off with Cat, the original adoption thing, trolling Cat, playing with Lux and Squirtle in the games board, getting infuriated with Jason_Henge, playing Minecraft with some guys, ignoring Cat, playing on the arcade and having most of my posts edited by Cat. Glad to see that my biggest memory from here hasn't changed, evident from the one post I made earlier in the SSB4 thread and Twiggy's post in the other thread.

I had a huge paragraph here but I removed it so I don't give Cat a haemorrhage. Love you guys <3 (No joke the community here is super kind)

(Also I'm disappointed nobody has taken any of my arcade trophies! Come on, guys!)

Whoever this Cat person you are referring to he sounds terrible.

I know I have my own personal moments of fun times with you guys, despite some people kind of trying to push away from because of the "insane" ways I could act sometimes but I'm still really glad to be here with people I have come to know so well and every time I come to this site it brings me memories of nostalgia. I'm possitive that even if I tried I could never stop coming to this site because I've grown so attached to it.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 11, 2013 at 03:57:36 PM. Reason: Keeping context
Old June 12, 2013, 03:31:02 AM
Giratina

Lol everyone on this website is insane.. I love it<3
Old June 12, 2013, 04:59:51 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
All I did was add the spoiler tag. And this edit is just to make sure your post has context after moving it. Keep your head on, Nin.
Yes sir :c I was being a grump last night I guess

Though looking through this thread it's apparent that VR definitely had a peak in terms of experience, and it's trailed from it quite a bit. I have a lot of fond memories, but after a lot of the changes that I saw discussed back when I was staff, people leaving seemed imminent (Also due to people's lives moving on, I guess). I think my favourite time on VR was when the original Gym League was in its prime, with Shadow and Kaz heading it up. We had (And still have) a really nice community, but I can't help but feel the staff used to be a bit more level-headed, and certainly the community now is not as tightly-knit as it was before.

Basically what I'm asking for is the return of VRIM
Old June 12, 2013, 01:20:23 PM
Haxorus

Hehe, I think why I've never really left VR is because I like hanging out with a bunch of goofballs just like me. ^^;

But seriously, VR is really a nice place to just communicate with other members with the same likes as you do. Plus, VR has is a fun place since its has a one of a kind Gym League (whoever hasn't checked that out yet they need to do so once they get the chance) and just random topics and RPs.

Its really nice hanging out with you guys and always putting a smile on my face. ;3