Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 19, 2011, 09:19:22 PM
Linoone

Default I feel sad to be an American now...

Spoiler Alert:    

My FB posts about this:

Lol all of these people saying Earthquake is to make up for Pearl Harbor don't know history. The attack on Pearl Harbor wasn't an unprovoked attack. We forced Japan to open up to trade, and as such also forced them to industrialize. Then when WWII comes around they invade China so we oil embargo them. In response they invade Manchuria and then attack Pearl Harbor as a response. Not only that but the Japanese were "kind" or whatever word you want to use (although I think this had something to do with bushido) enough to to send us a message 30 minutes early telling us they were going to attack. But the Americans couldn't get it through the system fast enough to do anything. Not only that wasn't our retribution achieved through the use of two nuclear weapons, both of which caused Japan heavy damage and still has effects on the people who were around the blast radius today. On top of all of this, they are dealing with Nuclear power plant issues that can be causing dangerous radiation to be leaking out causing environmental damage and creating an environmental hazard. So Pearl Harbor happened. So Americans, earthquake magnitude 8.0-9.0 (heard so many stories on the magnitude) is retribution for Pearl Harbor? I don't think so, it was a provoked attack that required a direct response from the Japanese. Also on top of that we helped Japan rebuild after WWII and today we are on extremely good terms with them. Enough to the point where they are probably one of our closest allies.

So anyway people who don't know history and assume (ass/u/me) you should look up on your history before you make assumptions

/proving n00bs to be idiotic rant over.

Also my goal for tomorrow is to make a response to every single one of those FB posts

---------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by Spitfire; March 19, 2011 at 09:19:41 PM.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Shaymin

Remember.

A small sect of Americans who don't know their history are -not- representative of the US as a whole.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:33:01 PM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Remember.

A small sect of Americans who don't know their history are -not- representative of the US as a whole.
Ohh but I can bet you there are hundreds of thousands more like that most likely.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:12:50 PM
Regigigas

can hear those stalkers rearranging their notes from here
Now I've got like 50 more names to stalk, thanks Spits!
But in seriousness, the quake happened because, well, **** happens. We all lose a stuffed animal now and then, we all get critkilled in a Nuzlocke by that jerk every rare often, and our favorite place gets hit by tragedy once every few lifetimes. This is just one of those things where you feel really sad, but then you realize what you're doing and stop because you're acting like a little girl.
My advice; Avoid the media. Just hide out in your room, blacklist your TV of any news channels/news timeslots, and when the door-to-door meat sellers want to sell you that huge steak, YOU BUY 10 OF THEM.
And I've sort of forgotten where I was going with this. But; Moral of the story is, don't listen to the Government, Big Brother is Watching, and buy MtDH: The Complete Graphic Novel Series- In Stores when people recognize Lite's writing prowess and start offering novelizations of the webcomic novel thing.
Old March 20, 2011, 10:09:10 AM
Rayquaza

As usual, I hate how some people relate some political issues with the people themselves. Even those were saying that this is revenge for what happened in WWII, then they need to understand that the people of Japan weren't happy about the war back then. They were also getting killed. The ones who were happy were the politicians, who used the citizens. It is unfair to judge those poor people when they were victims just like the Americans.
That is what I would reply back.
Old March 20, 2011, 11:12:18 AM
Landorus

Even if Japan's ancestors did bomb Pearl Harbor, the present Japanese give a lot to the US. Like a heckuva lotta technology and stuff, like Sony, Hundai, Toshiba, Nintendo, Honda, Toyota, and all those other companies.

This is like if the US was destroyed by some freak natural disaster and the Native Americans were all "That's what you get for invading my country"

EDIT: also *coughHiroshimacough*

Last edited by Idno58; March 20, 2011 at 11:12:52 AM.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:14:04 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Even if Japan's ancestors did bomb Pearl Harbor, the present Japanese give a lot to the US. Like a heckuva lotta technology and stuff, like Sony, Hundai, Toshiba, Nintendo, Honda, Toyota, and all those other companies.

This is like if the US was destroyed by some freak natural disaster and the Native Americans were all "That's what you get for invading my country"

EDIT: also *coughHiroshimacough*
Don't forget Subaru and Gainax. God how I love Subaru and Gainax.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:48:13 PM
Keldeo

Yeah they Attacked Pearl Harbor, but we used the A-Bomb on them, it's not payback but merely revenge on our part...

Now in current times WE forgave them and them probably us.

I'm sorry but I do not approve of the stupid half of the United States of America, we aren't all like that.
Old March 20, 2011, 02:34:42 PM
Giratina

I feel sad to be an American every time I see threads like these. If people want to be ignorant, let them be ignorant. More power to the knowledgable citizens.
Old March 20, 2011, 03:44:01 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furryvcxz View Post
I feel sad to be an American every time I see threads like these. If people want to be ignorant, let them be ignorant. More power to the knowledgable citizens.
Jared, are you saying that you APPROVE of people with a lower IQ than your average ***** user and twice the offensiveness?

If you weren't Jared, I would be shocked.
Old March 20, 2011, 04:39:51 PM
Haxorus

Humanity sucks, doesn't it?
Old March 20, 2011, 05:13:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
Jared, are you saying that you APPROVE of people with a lower IQ than your average ***** user and twice the offensiveness?

If you weren't Jared, I would be shocked.
As long as they make me look like a better person, then I'm all for it.

Unless they're in the senate or something. Then I rage.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:26:40 PM
Shaymin

Here's something to think about from South Park. There was an episode addressing 9/11 conspiracy theories, where Kyle used a pool of 4 people to prove that 1/4 of Americans were idiots- Stan, Kyle, and Kenny were the 3 people in the group of four that weren't stupid, and Cartman was the 1/4 that was retarded. At the end of the episode, George Bush repeats this as the reason behind so many people making conspiracy theories about 9/11 that they eventually faked information so that more people would believe the conspiracy theories.

Don't listen to all the Cartmans of America. If they're stupid they're stupid. The 3/4th demographic that actually knows their stuff will facepalm and move on.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:51:14 PM
Volcarona

As JC pointed out, the US dropped two bombs on Japan on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I suggest just to ignore these heartless idiots.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:05:32 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Here's something to think about from South Park. There was an episode addressing 9/11 conspiracy theories, where Kyle used a pool of 4 people to prove that 1/4 of Americans were idiots- Stan, Kyle, and Kenny were the 3 people in the group of four that weren't stupid, and Cartman was the 1/4 that was retarded. At the end of the episode, George Bush repeats this as the reason behind so many people making conspiracy theories about 9/11 that they eventually faked information so that more people would believe the conspiracy theories.

Don't listen to all the Cartmans of America. If they're stupid they're stupid. The 3/4th demographic that actually knows their stuff will facepalm and move on.
Now you're talking about our politicians... They're the most of them are greedy, and they're just wanting the publicity, knowing nothing but everybody believes them.
Old March 20, 2011, 07:23:17 PM
Kyurem

Funny, I read the title of the thread before clicking it and somehow knew that the OP was going to have those pictures.

WWII seems to be a popular topic for this kind of garbage. Kinda like how you talk about Germany and the morons of the U.S. instantly think HITLER NAZIS CONCENTRATION CAMPS. Oh well, nothing to be done about it, so I Guess just ignore it.
Old April 7, 2011, 08:22:47 AM
Regigigas

I have a feeling those words are gonna be louder now, after a 7.4 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast this morning.
Old April 18, 2011, 08:27:55 PM
Charizard

Does anyone realize that the Japanese only attacked military bases like Pearl Harbor*, Hickam Air Force Base* or Wheeler Army Airfield*? No innocent citizens, but military ONLY. That's not that bad... Anyways, almost ALL of the issei** and nissei*** had to go through concentration camps centralized in the middle U.S. Even so, we still dropped the Atomic bomb by the Enola Gay on Hiroshima and Nagasaki... Just about less than 300,000 innocent people. I doubt most of the idiots don't even live in Hawaii, so why do they have to make all these unnecessary comments about it? They never even experienced the effects of it! Anyways, Japan had the worst tsunami in how long? Most of the people that were effected weren't even part of the bombing! It's like saying "all Iranians are terrorists!" (Sorry if that offended anyone, it was a realistic example that people say) It doesn't work like that! (Maybe this is why America is one of the most stupidest countries in the world...) Chee, needed to get that off of my chest.

*= Examples of military bases on 'Oahu
**= 1st generation Japanese, A.K.A. F.O.B.s (fresh of the boat) (immigrated from Japan)
***= 2nd generation Japanese, children of F.O.B.s

Yes, I'm well educated on this subject.
I apologize for this rant. すみません.

Last edited by Pkmnmaster0603; April 18, 2011 at 08:28:48 PM.