Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 25, 2013, 08:34:57 AM
Haxorus

Default PureAurorae - 1 Year On

Today marks exactly one year to the day I joined, and I have decided to make a thread with a speech of some sort. For those who don't know me, I am currently studying for my A- Levels, and I reside in the United Kingdom.

On the 25th of November 2012, I first came across the forum that is Victory Road. I decided that I wanted to join a forum, and I remember coming across this one. Now back then, I was studying... oh wait procrastinating. It was an important school year and sadly I didn't make the best of it. I am not sure how I came up with PureAurorae, but it stuck. Back then I was quite an immature person, and was still getting to grips with reality.

Soon after I joined I met Jivaun, or as many as you know him as JD. I have to say that in a way he guided me in a sense through the forum, and made me feel welcome and I am grateful for that.

For the first couple of months after I joined I was very quiet. However I tried to do my best to be active and make posts and I guess I achieved that in a way. I enjoyed (and still do) the atmosphere of this place, and although this place isn't the biggest forum I have been a part of, I like the tight- knit community.

Sadly in July things went a bit pear shaped. As most of you know, I was banned for a while, came back and managed to get myself banned again. I won't say why, but I have learnt from it and hopefully have come back a better person.

So what has changed since that day one year ago? In myself I suppose I take life more seriously. I get my head down at school nowdays otherwise I will just end up falling into the same path that others around me are taking.

Victory Road is just as it was: people come and people go, but it's still good.

So now it's time for some mentions of people I need to thank:

JDxImpetus: JD, you have been a close friend. You guided me through VR when I first joined and I appreciate that. I don't really know what whole else to say to be honest, but thanks! I quite enjoy our battles too! Top lad

PHANTOMxTRAINER: Jason, what can I say. We only have been friends for a short time but I have enjoyed our chats/ battles. I hope it stays that way in the future! Top Asian too, and we have to play Xbox again soon. Don't drop that thun thun thun...

Aquablast: Cheers Aqua for the support! All the best for the future mate!

Cat: Cat, we haven't always got along, however I appreciate the fact that you gave me another chance around here.

Reuniclus: Similar reasons to Cat, and also those were some good times on New Leaf! Great battler too.

Also thanks to GPFTW, Twiggy, Turt, Eagles, The Forum Staff and Spiky.

- PureAurorae -

Last edited by PureAurorae; November 25, 2013 at 08:35:48 AM.
Old November 25, 2013, 10:07:43 AM
Kyurem

Sometimes you just gotta hope things go right for you and everyone else.

Either way, well, I'm actually happy to see you actually be around here. Just... well, just don't do anything that makes me worried, OK?
Old November 25, 2013, 12:31:54 PM
Kyurem

Thank you, and I hope that you enjoy your one year here.
Old November 25, 2013, 07:35:32 PM
Giratina

Grats on the 1 year buddy. Live, love, and prosper. don't remember where i got that from but w/e

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 25, 2013 at 08:32:54 PM.
Old November 26, 2013, 03:17:10 AM
Charizard

Didn't even realize that I have been lurking around here for over a year now o.O, anyways grats man hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Music; November 26, 2013 at 03:17:53 AM.