Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 25, 2011, 03:51:07 PM
Giratina

Default Unofficial VR Minecraft Server

Server closed.

Please check out the official server instead.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 15, 2011 at 05:01:42 PM. Reason: Jared's not coming back here, may as well lock this.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:24:39 PM
Volcarona

Default (Old) Minecraft server

Original Post    
Server IP: closed

Current server admin(s):
Jaredvcxz

Original Rules:
1. Do not build with water or lava unless you ask first.
2. You may not fight others unless you both agree to fight. Love taps are okay though.
3. Do not make minecart tracks unless you ask first.
4. Do not use Bedrock/Adminium under ANY situation.
5. NO GRIEFING. DESTROYING OTHERS' WORK IS AN INSTA-BAN.
6. No building in other's houses
7. Have fun.

Ammendments:
8. You may not place or set off TNT unless you ask an OP.
9. You may not place massive amounts of pig spawners!

More Original Post    
I know the thread title is super vague but oh well

Basically, me and a few other people recently got booted from a Minecraft server we spent at most a week settling in. Around this point it dawned on us that Victory Road should totally get it's own Minecraft server for obvious reasons, so JAD and I confronted Cat about the situation. He agreed.

That was a week ago. I have heard no response from him.

Thus we are outsourcing. Anybody who feels they have the capabilities to do everything listed in the thread title, I request you to download this archive, change what is needed in server.properties, and run the program on a suitable computer. If our small group can connect at once, the plan is a success and you are a candidate for server administrator. If not... well, we all have to wait some more, unfortunately.

Until then, I'll just keep this notice up. I request you PM one of the many users linked up there (preferably me, JAD or JC as we're online for most of the day), as this will later become the "official" thread for the VR server if and when it becomes a success. Until then, I thank you all for your participation.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 15, 2011 at 05:02:12 PM.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:40:18 PM
Shaymin

Where's that tutorial you linked me to when I tried to get mine set up? Wouldn't the person need that? Also, if you guys try to make a server, at least contact us first(preferably rando since he knows what the **** he's doing) so that you won't possibly screw up and get an unusuable server on your IP and be unable to help any longer.

Also, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY MINECRAFT TO MAKE A SERVER.

...but you should anyways cause it's an awesome game. :3

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; January 26, 2011 at 02:41:03 PM.
Old January 26, 2011, 05:26:45 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK-9 View Post
For the first time in a few years, I'm not trolling. I actually /dislike/ minecraft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
RK, ignore this thread and all involved if you hate me I mean minecraft so much
Moving on...

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; January 26, 2011 at 05:34:24 PM. Reason: I posted exactly 10 seconds after you rando. :I
Old January 26, 2011, 05:44:10 PM
Keldeo

Heh, well actually I wouldn't know what to do if people PMed me.
I've tried to make a server however, but my firewall prevents me from doing so and <_<
Old January 26, 2011, 05:50:02 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Heh, well actually I wouldn't know what to do if people PMed me.
I've tried to make a server however, but my firewall prevents me from doing so and <_<
basically what we're doing is "giving" them the server, and asking them to run it. If they can (which you most certainly can test), they may get to host it, unless someone else 1ups them like right after.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:50:59 PM
Keldeo

Ah I see, well hopefully someone can do that, it's a good plan, hopefully Cat can let us use this server, you know.
Old January 26, 2011, 10:56:13 PM
Giratina

I'm hosting one for a few of my friends at the moment. We've been building it for over two weeks, though, so I can't just stop that and host one for VR. If our project dies down after a while and you still haven't found anyone, I'll happily host.
Old January 31, 2011, 01:44:19 PM
Administrator

I think I might give it a try this weekend, as I actually should have time to do it then.
Old January 31, 2011, 02:03:18 PM
Giratina

The MC server should be lightweight enough to run right in VR's server, or one of the site's underlings that don't get any traffic.
Old January 31, 2011, 02:06:44 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
The MC server should be lightweight enough to run right in VR's server, or one of the site's underlings that don't get any traffic.
I run a server with a 0.7Mb/S upload speed, and I rarely even have to use half of that. They're not very demanding at all (Although update lag can be an issue sometimes, and it's quite buggy and needs a restart every so often if there's something major).
Old January 31, 2011, 08:04:04 PM
Zoroark

I can do it temporally for you guys, I have a horrible upload speed. (until you get a more permanent solution.) But I'll give it a try, I say temp because I plan on moving in two months, that and you may not like my upload speed. XD Give me a little bit (couple hours) to get it set up.
Old February 1, 2011, 07:13:32 AM
Giratina

Will a computer be able to run a server in sleep mode? I have a computer that's always on and normally sleeps that I could run it on.
Old February 1, 2011, 07:17:40 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Will a computer be able to run a server in sleep mode? I have a computer that's always on and normally sleeps that I could run it on.
Well, as long as the HDD's on and it's connected to the internet it should work. The one I run turns off it's display after a few minutes, so it doesn't require a display or anything.
Old February 1, 2011, 08:07:48 AM
Zoroark

I've got one set up, not sure if its 100% set up right but I sent a PM to Rando with connection information.
Old February 1, 2011, 04:06:27 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
I've got one set up, not sure if its 100% set up right but I sent a PM to Rando with connection information.
Looks like we have a server host!
IP: bui.serveftp.com
Ops: OMGITSJAD (gamefreak1693), randoguy101 (randoguy101), piexing (piexing), Alakazamaster (GermanVuvuzela)

The server is a bit laggy right now due to Bouy's dad apparently streaming video, but the thing works well other than that!
Please join!
Old February 1, 2011, 04:41:38 PM
Keldeo

YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!
Old February 1, 2011, 05:10:09 PM
Giratina

I'll see about running the server from my mom's computer. I have a pretty good internet connection.

EDIT: I've got the software up and running (Linux server stuffz FTW). Can I set the IP like on Buoysel's through the IP field in server.properties?

Also I hope I don't have to worry about port forwarding too much, or else I'd have to make my mom's computer a DMZ which is veeeery risky.

EDIT2: I think I've set my Router to accept ALL ports. Not sure if this'll work. We'll try it out later.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 1, 2011 at 05:37:31 PM.
Old February 1, 2011, 05:47:55 PM
Volcarona

The current server is rather laggy, but it works, so if anyone thinks they have a faster connection, feel free to try hosting.
Old February 1, 2011, 05:56:10 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
The current server is rather laggy, but it works, so if anyone thinks they have a faster connection, feel free to try hosting.
Yeah, two servers is always better than one, especially if someone else's server is going haywire or something.
Also, for all OPs: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server_commands
This is an ID list for the /give command: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/...mslistV110.png

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 1, 2011 at 05:58:23 PM.
Old February 1, 2011, 05:59:52 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Rather laggy? I can't do a damned thing except get hit by spiders that are 50 miles away.

My connection

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 1, 2011 at 06:01:56 PM.
Old February 1, 2011, 06:21:25 PM
Zoroark

I think I found the source of lag:

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 5, 2011 at 10:41:29 AM.
Old February 1, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Volcarona

This week-end some one remind me and I can setup a small linux virtural server to run this. Cat dont worry about running out of ips problem I can just use a nat forward on the ports to main server ip. I was thinking about do this for email as well so it dosen't all go down at once . I will confirm with you before I do this as well.

Also the above post adsl not being on is a good thing. Unless that what your connection is. Also ADSL WILL NOT WORK FOR A SEERVER OF ANY KIND. the a that for asynchronous. Meaning not in sync which mean lots of lag.

Also seeing ATM there is kinda strange as that is a internet technology for frame relay not a home router/modem.

Also you guys should look at this game too http://sauerbraten.org/ you can build and edit the maps in multiplier with loads of ppl.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 2, 2011 at 04:32:09 AM.
Old February 1, 2011, 08:44:14 PM
Zoroark

Yeah ATT sucks around here. A tech was supposed to come out to my house and test the line but never got that call.

Its better than nothing until KYA gets a server running on VR's server. KYA let me know when you set it up: I'll send you a copy of the current files so nobody will have to rebuild from the ground up.
Old February 2, 2011, 02:35:49 AM
Giratina

And the problem with my server is...?
Old February 2, 2011, 04:52:08 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
And the problem with my server is...?
Nothing is, continue running it if you want, we're just more set on VR's server running the thing, I guess.
Me and rando'll try connecting to your server later today. Maybe if it's faster than Buoy's then we might stick with it more.
Old February 2, 2011, 06:49:32 AM
Giratina

JC is being a piexing in this thread.

I tried setting up the server on my windows computer. Mosters spawned, sun and environment seemed OK, but it was all blue and there were little to no blocks. Just an endless fall-into-the-void-and-die-then-respawn cycle.

I'll stick with the Linux server then. It's working perfectly as far as I've explorer.
Old February 2, 2011, 07:13:52 AM
Keldeo

Also, Buoysel's server won't load up, I guess this will be the thread to say this, but I guess that's the problem now.

I have no clue what happened, and I was busy fixing up my mess.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:03:15 AM
Giratina

Just as a general note, it's not a good idea to post your IP publicly - it's better to do it privately. While it probably won't be much of a problem here, on the Minecraft forums people who have posted their IPs have often been attacked by 'griefers', who just go to your level and ruin it.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:18:15 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Also, Buoysel's server won't load up, I guess this will be the thread to say this, but I guess that's the problem now.
?

I just looked at it and two people are logged in.

Quote:
I'll stick with the Linux server then. It's working perfectly as far as I've explorer.
Are you talking about my server?
Old February 2, 2011, 08:28:47 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
You mean Buoy's or yours? If you mean yours, either PM me or rando the IP or post it here, if not then nevermind.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:36:27 AM
Giratina

It's mine that I'm talking about. I have a computer running 7 and one running ubuntu. PM sent.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:53:32 PM
Volcarona

The problem with running on home isp connection even my 30mbs down 10mbs up. Is that most of the world will not see that speed. Test to different data center to see what I mean. The hoem connection is simple not close enof to the internet backbone.

Why should I not post my ip publicly I have no problem with that. What can really get to you?

70.173.91.38 heres mine good luck getting to anything.

The only thing that can really happen is possible a Denial of Service. Also anyone with minimal knowledge can get you ip when they connect to your server.

http://www.wireshark.org/
http://nmap.org/zenmap/

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 2, 2011 at 02:07:58 PM. Reason: He's an Admin, he can't be begrudged to use something as simple as an Edit button.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:58:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfKYA View Post
Why should I not post my ip publicly I have no problem with that. What can really get to you?

70.173.91.38 heres mine good luck getting to anything.
1. Learn to use the freaking Edit button

2. I was talking about when you're hosting a Minecraft server. If you host a Minecraft server and everyone knows your IP, griefers will come and ruin the place.
Old February 2, 2011, 03:36:11 PM
Giratina

He's right about the speed though. I should test other parts of ther world in case that will make it drop to a dangerous level.

EDIT:
This will mirror your probable connection speed    
Newburry, UK

Las Vegas, Catland

some random place in africa

dear lord

TOE KEE OH

double dear lordy

kangaroo land

comcast doesn't like africans, japanese, or aussies

Brazil

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 2, 2011 at 03:48:16 PM.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:15:26 PM
Volcarona

I would test to major datasenters like Dallas, Seattle etc... On speedtest.net.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:36:54 PM
Keldeo

Well, I guess with a TNT mishap, I'm no longer trusted; well, if that's the case... I'm hated now... EGAD, I HAD A SLOW COMPUTER. (It took forever to restart, I mean, I had dinner and all that, when I came back it was finally loading up.)
Old February 2, 2011, 09:20:22 PM
Volcarona

Ok guys send me what ever I need to setup minecraft. I have never played or setup a minecraft server so bare with me. Add me on MSN, AIM, YAHOO tkneal2@yahoo.com so we can get this done.

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 2, 2011 at 10:50:45 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 03:15:24 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Well, I guess with a TNT mishap, I'm no longer trusted; well, if that's the case... I'm hated now... EGAD, I HAD A SLOW COMPUTER. (It took forever to restart, I mean, I had dinner and all that, when I came back it was finally loading up.)
Quote:
actually it was two or three times
and you also beat several people up while wearing diamond armor, so they couldn't fight back
Any way, after Ala and JAD's pig spawner spam, Ala and Jared's subsequent TNT spam, Jared's Lava spam, my water spam in an attempt to end the lava spam, and my trollkicking and /giving of ala, piexing is the only trustable op left.

(Ironically.)

So we're all going to get together and set up some rules, as well as work on our op problem.

Actually I think the best course of action is to use one of those custom server softwares that lets you disallow certain items and blocks to be used... so we can make spawning monster spawners/TNT impossible or something.

Last edited by randoguy101; February 3, 2011 at 03:21:06 AM.
Old February 3, 2011, 04:05:39 AM
Giratina

I'm responsible, make me an OP! Take a wild guess at my username! Etc.

But yeah, get a mod to disable TNT, and possibly lava/fire. I don't see the point in disabing mob spawners unless the people with them are morons, since it's fun making pig traps.

Speaking of mods for disabling stuff, I need a mod to disable fire from my server, since we've build a HUGE tree out of wood, planks and leaves, so it's very vunerable to fire.
Old February 3, 2011, 08:40:30 AM
Zoroark

KYA I'll compress the files and send you an email in a few minutes, the original download link won't run correctly, I think the file is corrupt, I ended up downloading a new file and installed it then I just copied setting files into the file directory. I've got the windows version.
Old February 3, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Jared's Lava spam
I did not spam lava. It was Ala's idea and action.

I'd rather not disable any items. They still have useful purposes and can simply be limited in use by rules once we get those worked out.

Also I'm thinking of giving everyone their own "Real estate" on the server, which could work.
Old February 3, 2011, 11:32:51 AM
Volcarona

Ok server should be up i changed name of the server to VICTORYROAD.NET[OFFICAL]

I hope I did anyways.

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 3, 2011 at 11:33:16 AM.
Old February 3, 2011, 11:38:38 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Ok server should be up i changed name of the server to VICTORYROAD.NET[OFFICAL]

I hope I did anyways.
In the config file, if I populated the server name Java would fail to bind port. But that was on Windows. If you have failure to connect you might want to try that setting.
Old February 3, 2011, 11:49:09 AM
Volcarona

ITs running according to the logs but i have no idea if it working as i don't own the game. if its not working I may need to barrow someones account( for testing)

EDIT: I checked if port is up but thats really all i can test.

also ip is 68.233.235.33

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 3, 2011 at 12:17:47 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 12:28:13 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
ITs running according to the logs but i have no idea if it working as i don't own the game. if its not working I may need to barrow someones account( for testing)

EDIT: I checked if port is up but thats really all i can test.

also ip is 68.233.235.33
Yes, it works. I'll edit the OP
Old February 3, 2011, 01:03:58 PM
Giratina

I'll tear down my server
Old February 3, 2011, 08:36:20 PM
Volcarona

You guys can chage the tile of this to offical rather than unoffical. Also how did it go I noticed a lot of you on there.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:32:12 PM
Volcarona

Is the server up now? I cant seem to connect. I keep getting

Connection Refused: connect
Old February 3, 2011, 09:35:07 PM
Volcarona

try to connect by ip 68.233.235.33

They were on it most of the day so it should work fine.

Also guys i was watching chat KEEP IT CLEAN same rule as the sites chat room applies.

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 3, 2011 at 09:38:21 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:38:16 PM
Volcarona

Hmm.. I still cant seem to connect. Is the server up at this very moment and/or is it region exclusive?

(Tried using both victoryroad.net and 68.233.235.33)

Last edited by AnathemA; February 3, 2011 at 09:39:20 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:40:45 PM
Volcarona

You were right it was down for some reason.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:44:01 PM
Volcarona

Oh, well its up now and I managed to connect. Unfortunately no one else is here
Old February 3, 2011, 10:47:21 PM
Giratina

Rule 4's already been broken.

So can I be an OP please?
Old February 4, 2011, 03:52:21 AM
Shaymin

Get on when some other people are on and we'll consider OPing you.
Old February 4, 2011, 08:49:51 AM
Zoroark

I'm going to take my server down latter tonight, glad I could help out for a little while.
Old February 4, 2011, 10:47:55 AM
Shaymin

KYA you really need to keep a watch on the server, it's gone down a couple times and it's down now and Nin has said it's been down for a while.

Also, that's okay Buoy, thanks for helping being the first to help us, we really appreciate it. :3
Old February 4, 2011, 11:32:06 AM
Giratina

By request, here is the data from my server to screw around with. Just unzip and put the folder in your minecraft worlds folder with the name of World1 to World5. You'll probably have to back up a world for this.

Also OHMAN posting from ubuntu

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 5, 2011 at 10:41:29 AM.
Old February 4, 2011, 12:40:39 PM
Volcarona

I'm still not getting a connection (due to refusal), so I don't know what the hell
Old February 4, 2011, 02:32:36 PM
Volcarona

I will go look this server relly dosent want to stay running gona be lazy and setup a webmin cron job to restart server

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 4, 2011 at 02:35:00 PM.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:38:01 PM
Giratina

Maybe you should just redownload the Linux server software. All that's needed for setup is to extract and run.

And why does this have a Smelly Stuffz tag... RK >:I

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 4, 2011 at 02:38:39 PM.
Old February 4, 2011, 03:16:52 PM
Volcarona

90% the time that never helps linux; but i did that yesteday the first time it died.

Ok a made a qucik script to see if its is running if it is not running it starts it so server should only be down for max of 2min.

Also guys decide among your selves who you want to be admin and i will give them ssh access to change and restart server. Minimal linux command line required.
2011-02-04 16:34:18 [INFO] <Jaredvcxz> I wonder how long until Cat emails notch to have the chat toggleable
2011-02-04 16:34:19 [INFO] <randoguy101> I like how swearing is still against the rules
2011-02-04 16:34:27 [INFO] <Germanvuvuzela> **** that ****
2011-02-04 16:34:28 [INFO] <gamefreak1693> **** **** ass piss
2011-02-04 16:34:29 [INFO] <Germanvuvuzela> Tee hee
2011-02-04 16:34:34 [INFO] <randoguy101> even though our favourite 10 year old swears regularly
2011-02-04 16:34:34 [INFO] <gamefreak1693> oh no everyone will die
2011-02-04 16:34:53 [INFO] <Jaredvcxz> I have a favorite ten year old?

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 4, 2011 at 03:42:59 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 06:11:53 AM
Giratina

I'm not getting any response from the server today. Restarted server multiple times, checked if anything in server.properties was wrong, all checks out okay there. It could be just me, so someone please try and connect when reading this.

EDIT: Here's something odd. I tried to stop the server and start it up manually, but when I tried to start it, it wouldn't run because it was still active. Maybe the program froze?

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 5, 2011 at 06:15:53 AM.
Old February 5, 2011, 06:33:52 AM
Volcarona

Strange.. I'm having logging in problems again. I get stuck at "Logging in" and then I get timed out.

I was in the server for a while, walking around and I suddenly timed out, after that, I could never log in.
Old February 5, 2011, 08:00:44 AM
Kyurem

I think its a problem with Minecraft itself, not the server. I can't even go to minecraft.net, since it simply won't respond.
Old February 5, 2011, 08:29:40 AM
Giratina

I wouldn't doubt that's the problem. I could try setting the server to offline mode for now. We won't have our skins but it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Nope.avi

EDIT2: Wait forgot to restart the server ^.^;;

EDIT3: Still no.

After today I will never yell at any of the webmasters anywhere for problems with their server. Unless they did something really extremely stupid in which case I'll fire away

Edit4: We should totally use port 666 since barely anyone plays Doom anymore.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 5, 2011 at 08:41:46 AM.
Old February 5, 2011, 08:45:57 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Edit4: We should totally use port 666 since barely anyone plays Doom anymore.
Make that an alternate, hellworld=true map
Old February 5, 2011, 09:29:08 AM
Giratina

Great, now MC won't let me log in to the base app because I failed at connecting to VR so many times -.-
Old February 5, 2011, 12:06:24 PM
Volcarona

Did you guys get it working. Because what i can tell the server is fine because it is accepting the retriveing trafic. Also port number is somewhat irrelevant. Google the OSI or the DOD network model to see why.

Also the thing about the server alredy running on reset is because the server detected that mine craft was not running and immediately tried to corect inself. So "/etc/init.d/minecraft stop" may as well be used rather than reset.

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 5, 2011 at 12:09:07 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 12:37:51 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Did you guys get it working. Because what i can tell the server is fine because it is accepting the retriveing trafic. Also port number is somewhat irrelevant. Google the OSI or the DOD network model to see why.

Also the thing about the server alredy running on reset is because the server detected that mine craft was not running and immediately tried to corect inself. So "/etc/init.d/minecraft stop" may as well be used rather than reset.
No, it won't let me in. When I try to go to core.buizel.net it just sits on "Logging In..." forever until stops trying because it's taking too long.
Old February 5, 2011, 12:59:00 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
No, it won't let me in. When I try to go to core.buizel.net it just sits on "Logging In..." forever until stops trying because it's taking too long.
To reiterate, usually when you have trouble logging in rather tha having trouble connecting to the server, it's because minecraft.net is taking too long retrieving your info and etc etc

basically, blame the other bad server, not this one
Old February 5, 2011, 01:20:22 PM
Giratina

I tried connecting to the server in offline mode which completely removes Minecraft.net out of the system as far as I understand and still couldn't connect.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 5, 2011 at 01:21:54 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 05:26:41 PM
Giratina

Quote:
To reiterate, usually when you have trouble logging in rather tha having trouble connecting to the server, it's because minecraft.net is taking too long retrieving your info and etc etc

basically, blame the other bad server, not this one
That's with the initial login.

After that, you should connect to any server fine. The login issue is with VR's server.
Old February 5, 2011, 09:12:50 PM
Volcarona

looking at the log it it says :

2011-02-05 21:02:02 [INFO] Preparing start region
2011-02-05 21:02:02 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to check session lock, aborting
at fv.<init>(SourceFile:205)
at gc.<init>(SourceFile:32)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(SourceFile: 150)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(SourceFile: 141)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFil e:216)
at cu.run(SourceFile:512)

EDIT:
Figured it out when i setup admin premisions on server world/ was set wrong

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 5, 2011 at 09:22:24 PM.
Old February 5, 2011, 09:52:10 PM
Shaymin

Uh...I think we should just wait until tomorrow and see if minecraft.net is any better...and let's hope that when you saved the map you didn't delete our old server. Oh god let's sure hope...and if not hopefully Jared has a stored copy somewhere or at least Buoy has an older copy up somewhere... :\
Old February 6, 2011, 04:13:38 AM
Giratina

I was actually planning on backing up the world but then I got there this morning and everything was destroyed. What the hell happened?

EDIT: New world time now. Old world is still there.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 6, 2011 at 04:54:18 AM.
Old February 6, 2011, 08:36:11 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
I was actually planning on backing up the world but then I got there this morning and everything was destroyed. What the hell happened?
EDIT: New world time now. Old world is still there.
Yep. You can thank KYA for ****ing up the old. I got bored and realized we'd be deleting the world anyway(or hopefully getting our old one back) so I screwed around as you can see.

I really wish you would've backed up everything as soon as you got admin access...did you? What I think we should do is wait for KYA to get on and try to get the old world back, because he dropped the server on the root and it loaded the old one...hopefully he didn't delete everything when he decided to save the world over and restart the server when I blatantly said not to save the world to him...
Old February 6, 2011, 09:09:12 AM
Giratina

I don't have permission to create new files on the server. So, backing up is impossible for me.
Old February 6, 2011, 09:18:16 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
I don't have permission to create new files on the server. So, backing up is impossible for me.
Ugh. Well, everyone, stop doing anything to the server until KYA gets on and we can determine 100% that we can't get the old map back. If not then, I suggest we either do
A) get Buoy's file and start over, however, butter building/bridge/spleef arena/lava pool/kirby tree/and some other things will need to either be remade or never redone, but we continue to go on our way
OR
B) We start entirely new, and instead of making what we want to make by '/give'ing it, we actually play the game the way it was meant to be played and take the resources that were randomly generated and while we won't make anything as easily or quickly as before, maybe we'd have a little more fun that way...I guess
Old February 6, 2011, 09:31:29 AM
Volcarona

You do have permision i was logged in as you yesterday to verify accely.

Get http://winscp.net/eng/index.php to transfer files
Old February 6, 2011, 09:33:32 AM
Shaymin

KYA could you drop the server on the root again and see if it restores the old map? That's the only way that we could get it to work yesterday and while you said it was dangerous, hopefully making sure the map still exists means we could find some way to get it back.
Old February 6, 2011, 01:00:54 PM
Volcarona

I can but i tell you it will still be broken

Edit up now.

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 6, 2011 at 01:07:10 PM.
Old February 6, 2011, 07:13:58 PM
Zoroark

Wow, just one more reason I love Windows Server.

I've still got a copy of the files if you need them send me a PM.
Old February 6, 2011, 07:17:53 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
Wow, just one more reason I love Windows Server.

I've still got a copy of the files if you need them send me a PM.
nah, I think we're fine now, we've made some new stuff, but keep those files on hold just in case, I guess, maybe upload them so we can play around with them in Single Player even.
Old February 7, 2011, 12:54:26 AM
Volcarona

Awesome, I can connect again? Does the server have any commands that mortals like me can use?
Old February 7, 2011, 11:28:35 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
Awesome, I can connect again? Does the server have any commands that mortals like me can use?
you can use /kill to commit suicide
Old February 7, 2011, 10:25:03 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
you can use /kill to commit suicide
Found that one out already.
Old February 8, 2011, 11:22:59 AM
Giratina

Who keeps trying to log in from the server? You don't seem to be having much luck, I see.

EDIT: Also, read this if you have access to server.properties http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Se...ies#admin-slot

I'm sad I have to say this, but Beta =/= Classic. Please do not use classic keys in a beta server.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 8, 2011 at 04:35:30 PM.
Old February 9, 2011, 11:21:17 AM
Kyurem

Just a question, why does the server shut itself down at times?
Old February 9, 2011, 02:07:41 PM
Giratina

I've restarted it a few times. I can't check if there's anyone online from here so I just hope nobody panics
Old February 10, 2011, 12:56:38 PM
Volcarona

I'm I the only one getting a "no route to host" error?
Old February 10, 2011, 02:22:01 PM
Giratina

The entirety of core.buizel.net seems down. Not sure why everything else is up though.

Also this is a helpful tool for when the server (Or general site) seems down http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Old February 11, 2011, 01:30:37 AM
Volcarona

In another thred but any ways it was off for the day. Its back as of now.

Also I just did some reading I had no idea there were other minecraft servers. All have the same complaint about the official one using a lot of resorses. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Custom_server_list

Bravo looks the best but does it accept you guy's exerting map files?

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 11, 2011 at 05:28:55 AM.
Old February 11, 2011, 06:26:56 AM
Keldeo

Rando, I got one too, yesterday.
So, no you aren't the only one.

It also appears I've been banned from the server as well.

Last edited by JC; February 11, 2011 at 10:31:12 AM.
Old February 11, 2011, 11:23:21 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
In another thred but any ways it was off for the day. Its back as of now.

Also I just did some reading I had no idea there were other minecraft servers. All have the same complaint about the official one using a lot of resorses. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Custom_server_list

Bravo looks the best but does it accept you guy's exerting map files?
Maybe its the platform? When I was running it on Windows, it was using about 90MB or RAM, however it did seem to use a little more CPU.

Last edited by Buoysel; February 11, 2011 at 11:24:23 AM.
Old February 11, 2011, 11:29:49 AM
Kyurem

I found an error of sorts. I got into the server, but I couldn't type anything or use commands. Also, the entire terrain of the world was different. Buildings from the server still existed, but they were in a new world in strange places. And to make matters worse, I can't get in at all now.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; February 11, 2011 at 11:36:52 AM.
Old February 11, 2011, 11:59:14 AM
Giratina

I can't get it now either. If anyone can get in, please get a screenshot of it where you spawned.

EDIT: Running backup server. 68.80.238.124

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; February 11, 2011 at 12:22:14 PM.
Old February 11, 2011, 12:45:28 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I found an error of sorts. I got into the server, but I couldn't type anything or use commands. Also, the entire terrain of the world was different. Buildings from the server still existed, but they were in a new world in strange places. And to make matters worse, I can't get in at all now.
*facepalm* Again!? Ugh...
Old February 11, 2011, 01:51:17 PM
Volcarona

Its the way java uses memory it requires 1gb of memory to start (counting swap).

So it workes but it very aggressively uses swap(hard disk) Also don't forget this is shared with everything else server is doing.

Yes it starts around 40mb or ram but when theres 4 or so people on it grows to 400mb till it gets too 1gb then crashes

Last edited by KingOfKYA; February 11, 2011 at 01:52:53 PM.
Old February 11, 2011, 02:00:16 PM
Volcarona

So basically we can only have 9 users on at once without it crashing?
Jared, would you mind editing server.properties to only allow 9 players at once?