Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 17, 2012, 01:10:19 PM
Mudkip

Okay, so I haven't been on in a while. How do I get to the chat?
Old September 17, 2012, 01:18:48 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
I just realized I've never caught a fish in my entire life... I've gone fishing before, but I've never been successful...

Go team Eagles!
I caught a fishing rod one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonie6 View Post
Okay, so I haven't been on in a while. How do I get to the chat?
You may want to give this a quick read concerning the Chat.
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10284
Old September 17, 2012, 04:15:41 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
I caught a fishing rod one time.
I constantly tangle my line with the person not next to me, but on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BOAT. (Didn't happen too much yesterday, thank God) And whenever they try to untangle the lines, it not only takes them much longer than necessary, but they also throw away the bait on my hooks. THOSE WERE PERFECTLY BAITED HOOKS. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I THREW YOUR PERFECTLY PLACED BAIT BACK INTO THE OCEAN? :U

Completely unrelated, ignoring the thread title, my mom accidentally picked up some sugar free caramel pudding, but it was only a dollar, so whatever. I don't really do sugar free, but I love caramel, so I tasted it. It has this strange thing where there's flavor for a single second, it goes away and turns completely bland, and then comes back with an aftertaste. I kinda like it, but I kinda hate it.
Old September 17, 2012, 10:20:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sonic View Post
My neck was hurting during the whole morning because I slept in the wrong side of my bed
I almost always have a weird feeling when I sleep on the wrong side of the bed.

Urge to repost lyrics to Good Time rising...
Old September 18, 2012, 08:41:09 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I almost always have a weird feeling when I sleep on the wrong side of the bed.
At least you're not waking up randomly on the floor...
Old September 18, 2012, 09:31:19 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'd be having a concussion if I did just that.
Old September 18, 2012, 10:06:25 AM

Quote:
That sounds like an improvement of what I have to sleep on (worst. couch. ever.). I would sleep on the floor if I wasn't scared a possum or rat would come along.
Old September 19, 2012, 04:51:32 AM
Shaymin

I wasn't able to sleep. Every hour I kept getting a call from some random number. I always picked up but they would hang up the second I said anything... Man I wonder whose been calling me...
Old September 19, 2012, 05:49:25 PM

I need to get more sleep every night, especially since I'm on the road practically everyday.

Oh, I also have a contemporary drawing of one of my situations in a golf game I had today.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Golf Situation.png
Views:	701
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	3856
(Note, I am not on the 7th hole, I'm still trying to get to the green on the 6th hole)
Old September 19, 2012, 05:51:18 PM
Giratina

Even though I do absolutely NOTHING past midnight, I always find myself sleeping at 12:30-1. And I procrastinate all day, so I don't even see the reason why I'd be wide awake.
Old September 19, 2012, 07:29:23 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I need to get more sleep every night, especially since I'm on the road practically everyday.

Oh, I also have a contemporary drawing of one of my situations in a golf game I had today.
Attachment 3856
(Note, I am not on the 7th hole, I'm still trying to get to the green on the 6th hole)
Way to level skip!!!

Well at least you can hit a green. I always overshot or undershot everything whenever I play.
Old September 19, 2012, 08:22:32 PM
Kyurem

Tomorrow is my teams first official season football game. I'm playing Defensive Tackle or Defensive End.
Old September 20, 2012, 01:45:51 PM
Servine

For sleeping, I normally go to bed around 3am-5am and wake up between 12pm-2pm
Old September 22, 2012, 11:38:47 AM
Giratina

I hate spiders. I hate them so much. They're trying to keep me inside by putting up webs everywhere that I go. The garage, the trees, between the cars. They're just furthering my hatred of the outdoors. Thankfully it's still good indoors because we finally renewed Xbox Live~
Oh, and in unrelated news, I finally got my Learner's Permit. Now I can... I dunno what I can do.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:50:32 PM
Giratina

I'm going to my school's homecoming dance in about half an hour. Just gotta get dressed and play some Animal Crossing before that though.
Old September 22, 2012, 02:20:04 PM
Rayquaza

My school never had a homecoming and in all honesty I'm to sure what it is.
Old September 22, 2012, 03:52:35 PM
Shaymin

My schools homecoming had to be guarded with some rent a cops or something, they were official and that turned me away from it.
Old September 22, 2012, 04:14:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I hate spiders. I hate them so much. They're trying to keep me inside by putting up webs everywhere that I go. The garage, the trees, between the cars. They're just furthering my hatred of the outdoors. Thankfully it's still good indoors because we finally renewed Xbox Live~
Oh, and in unrelated news, I finally got my Learner's Permit. Now I can... I dunno what I can do.
Learner's Permit eh? Trust me, at first you'll think driving is boring because of how restricted you are, but the wait pays off. I'll wave if I see you on the road. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I'm going to my school's homecoming dance in about half an hour. Just gotta get dressed and play some Animal Crossing before that though.
My school's homecoming is next week, and thankfully it isn't required for students to attend.
It's also been ages since I last played Animal Crossing. (Probably around a year and a half since I touched City Folk. )

As for me, I have to memorize a quote from Hamlet for a grade. I got some of it done, but I still have a long way to go...
"To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether tis nobler for the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them. To die- to sleep- No more- and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to."
Old September 22, 2012, 04:55:14 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
My school never had a homecoming, and in all honesty I'm not too sure what it is.
Basically it's where the school holds a dance to celebrate the football team losing coming home from their first Away game of the season. Generally most of the music is clubby and there's maybe one slow dance song, but other than that it's either house-trash or techno garbage. There's also usually a Homecoming King and Queen, but it's basically a popularity contest between the seniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Shakespeare View Post
"To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether tis nobler for the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them. To die- to sleep- No more- and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to."
I know a guy who can type that on an iPhone in like a minute.

Last edited by Velociraptor78; September 22, 2012 at 04:55:55 PM. Reason: whoops vBulletin doesn't like extra BBCode in its quote lines
Old September 22, 2012, 06:47:24 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Basically it's where the school holds a dance to celebrate the football team losing coming home from their first Away game of the season. Generally most of the music is clubby and there's maybe one slow dance song, but other than that it's either house-trash or techno garbage. There's also usually a Homecoming King and Queen, but it's basically a popularity contest between the seniors.
Why must you hit what my school's homecoming is like directly on the head with a wood plank?
Old September 22, 2012, 07:27:36 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Why must you hit what my school's homecoming is like directly on the head with a wood plank?
Because, my friend,
Old September 22, 2012, 07:59:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Learner's Permit eh? Trust me, at first you'll think driving is boring because of how restricted you are, but the wait pays off. I'll wave if I see you on the road. ;D
No, I'm excited to drive around anywhere and everywhere. Haha, no, but I would like to at least give myself a chance. And if you ever happen to stop by Maryland, which I am not leaving, then I'll wave back.

I've actually never been to my own Homecomings. I've never had a reason. It's uninteresting, no one I wanted to see went, and no one's ever wanted me to go. Plus, I don't do public dances. Or dances in general. But this year, someone that I'm stalking is going, so I think this year I'll try it out. Besides, I'm a junior. This is gonna be my best year!
Old September 24, 2012, 05:55:45 PM
Shaymin

Apparently because I couldn't find another job yet, My parents are wanting me to be a Roughneck like my dad was. Not sure how to feel about this. I feel bad because I didn't really have a say in it. But I also feel alright with it because at least I'll have a better future than what I figured I'd have.
Old September 24, 2012, 06:09:14 PM
Haxorus

I had a court of honor in Boy Scouts today, and so I got the patch for going to Philmont and also the Life rank... That means that all there's really left for me now is working on Eagle... 3 years of scouting, on my 4th right now, the time goes by so fast... I remember being a small little first year with long hair and always thinking about being here... it's so weird, I've never thought about actually being one of the older people at anything. Worst part is, though, life doesn't slow down from here on out. :I
Old September 26, 2012, 03:50:02 PM
Giratina

I absolutely can't wait. Wrestling sign ups are in a week That's my time to shine! I'm gonna need to cut on my food though. I'm gonna need to train hard until the tryouts come up. But ohh it's gonna be worth it, wrestling is my favorite sport and omg I can't wait....... Ahh wish me luck
Old September 26, 2012, 03:54:15 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
I absolutely can't wait. Wrestling sign ups are in a week That's my time to shine! I'm gonna need to cut on my food though. I'm gonna need to train hard until the tryouts come up. But ohh it's gonna be worth it, wrestling is my favorite sport and omg I can't wait....... Ahh wish me luck
Okay! Good luck and I hope you do well!
Old September 26, 2012, 03:54:53 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Good luck, man! Cutting on food sounds difficult, but it'll pay off. I was thinking about doing wrestling senior year, but if I have to stop eating, there is NO way I'm gonna even ATTEMPT.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:01:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Good luck, man! Cutting on food sounds difficult, but it'll pay off. I was thinking about doing wrestling senior year, but if I have to stop eating, there is NO way I'm gonna even ATTEMPT.
You don't HAVE to cut weight but I am just so I get into the lower weight class and I can just own everyone there and Thanks Dewwy and Turt! I hope I do well too
Old September 26, 2012, 04:02:51 PM
Giratina

Quote:
You don't HAVE to cut weight but I am just so I get into the lower weight class and I can just own everyone there and Thanks Dewwy and Turt! I hope I do well too
Oh, seriously? X3 Well, that sounds better for me! I'm already naturally skinny and light, and I know how to take people down. I'd be great for it! And I'm sure you'll be great, too~!
Old September 26, 2012, 04:09:54 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Oh, seriously? X3 Well, that sounds better for me! I'm already naturally skinny and light, and I know how to take people down. I'd be great for it! And I'm sure you'll be great, too~!
Thanks!! Aha and yeah I know how to take people down too. In kill the carrier today, I killed everyone! haha but you should know that it's not all about taking people down. It requires a lot of technique and being able to execute the techniques during the match. It's pretty hard work but once you train a lot for it, it's easy. In fact, I'm training tomorrow at my old school, but mostly because I want to see my friends and gf.. lol
Old September 27, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Kyurem

Our football team won 21-0. LASAGNA DAY TOMORROW!!
Old September 27, 2012, 11:00:46 PM
Giratina

It feels strange not having school tomo- technically today, actually. That means I can have a totally great day, then. Full of practicing for Honor Band auditions... I hope I get in. First chair would be great, too, but kind of absurd. I'm gonna be so nervous I might not even make it in to Honor Band, especially since I had to lie about what instrument I had.
Well, ignoring the possible disastrous outcomes of that, there's a football game on Saturday and... this is it... I have to dance to Gangnam Style in public... I'm dead.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:42:25 AM
Giratina

I found out that next Wednesday, I have to leave for a marching band competition at 3:20 and I won't be back at school until midnight. I don't know why it was scheduled for Wednesday, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't like it.
Old September 28, 2012, 03:30:48 PM
Giratina

Soo.. I just found out that this sophomore that I beat in camp.. Is going to varsity. Does that mean I can make varsity?
Old September 28, 2012, 03:32:05 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Soo.. I just found out that this sophomore that I beat in camp.. Is going to varsity. Does that mean I can make varsity?
If you're really good at it and can continuously prove so, then I'm sure you can make varsity.
Old September 28, 2012, 05:26:38 PM
Landorus

Quote:
I bet it does! I hope you get into Varsity!
Old September 28, 2012, 07:54:37 PM
Giratina

Ermahgerd that'd be sooooo sick if I made varsity.. Oh that would be amazing, i'd get so much respect for making varsity.. I can't even imagine.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:31:23 PM
Mudkip

Haven't been here in awhile :]
Old September 30, 2012, 07:30:30 PM
Giratina

We're reaching the last minutes of September~
Ba de ya~ Say do you remember~?
Ba de ya~ Dancing in September~
Ba de ya~ Never was a cloudy daaaaay~
September is one of my favorite months. I don't know what it is, but it's just nice to me~ And a lot of good things happened this month that I'll never forget. This year's already starting to look like the best year of high school~
Old October 1, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
Kyurem

I've been so bored out of my mind lately like omg.
No one plays video games anymore because "Omgg, I have homework and I care about studies." I'm literally the worst high school student ever. I have so much late work and it's only a month into school.

And then there's no video games to play because Black Ops 2 doesn't come out until next month and the XBLA version of Minecraft got boring all of a sudden because the update was blasted all over Twitte and now it has me just waiting...

But seriously, forget homework. School is cool but homework, man. ;c
Old October 3, 2012, 05:26:41 PM
Shaymin

Oh the joys of multi-console gaming.

Since it was one of my friends birthday today, My other friends and I decided to get him a cake. For some reason the final writing on the cake was "Shut up and take this cake... Please!"
We also tried to get sparklers at a local gas station but they didn't sell any, So we settled with solid regular candles. In the end it was hilarious to see a cake with five stock candles representing 4.6 of life with a cake telling you to shut up... Oh it was funny.

Last edited by Fubab_107; October 3, 2012 at 05:26:51 PM.
Old October 3, 2012, 07:32:07 PM
Kyurem

My highschool football team (Canadian) is in varsity league. We have a game tomorrow.

Last edited by Squirtle102; October 3, 2012 at 07:32:30 PM.
Old October 3, 2012, 07:55:21 PM
Giratina

I thought October was going to be a good followup to September, or maybe even better. But it was the opposite of both. It's been going completely downhill starting with Monday, and even though I'm still surprisingly in a good mood, I can feel myself falling apart.
But right now I'm mostly falling apart from how nervous I am because Honor Band auditions are tomorrow. I'm confident that I'll get in however, and hoping that I'm lucky enough to get first chair. I mean, I AM the only one who plays my specific instrument in high schools in this whole county.
Old October 3, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
Celebi

My aunt came over for a week, and so far it's been interesting having her over
that and I need to get my doctor to sign my Athletics form before my schools basketball season starts so i can actually try out
Old October 4, 2012, 07:34:42 AM
Rayquaza

A-level is hell. To all those in high school, enjoy it as much as you can; college tears you apart.

I am only taking three subjects; Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. Yet for some reason, the amount of work I am doing is triple what I did back in IGCSE, despite studying eight subjects back then.

We had a Chemistry test last Tuesday, which I think I am going to barely pass. I am being optimistic here. The Biology test went well. The hardest one is Mathematics. Pure (Calculus), Mechanics and Statistics. These three are consuming most of my time. What is worse, I can't understand a figure in Statistics. Oh, the joy.

And by the way, I am having my SAT on Saturday. Any tips?
Old October 4, 2012, 10:00:06 PM
Celebi

Well, I cant believe i raged at a Game sooooo Hard
i'll sum it up in 3 words,
God Damn Shenanigans
Old October 5, 2012, 09:01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
A-level is hell. To all those in high school, enjoy it as much as you can; college tears you apart.

I am only taking three subjects; Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. Yet for some reason, the amount of work I am doing is triple what I did back in IGCSE, despite studying eight subjects back then.

We had a Chemistry test last Tuesday, which I think I am going to barely pass. I am being optimistic here. The Biology test went well. The hardest one is Mathematics. Pure (Calculus), Mechanics and Statistics. These three are consuming most of my time. What is worse, I can't understand a figure in Statistics. Oh, the joy.

And by the way, I am having my SAT on Saturday. Any tips?
The SAT huh? I probably won't be much of a help since I got a 1760 on my last one... But here's what I have to suggest:

Reading Comp: Look at the questions first before you read the passage, it saves time in the long run. For sentence completions, fill in the blanks with a word you feel should be put there, then look at the answer choices for a synonym of that word you put in.

Math: Don't fall for false variables. If you see a triangle or an exclamation mark next to a number, it's the same thing as 7x or 7y. Be sure to know your Geometry well too; especially angles. It also helps if you draw diagrams and label them. Don't forget to read the question carefully, they will purposely try to trick you. You will also never see any math problems that go beyond Algebra II, trust me.

Writing: The part where you actually write a short essay is not difficult, it's actually quite easy to get a 6/12 without even trying too hard. The second part is the grammar section. For grammar, you an usually instantly see the problem by reading the sentance aloud in your head. Whenever something doesn't sound right, you know it's wrong. If that method fails, then be sure to check your modifiers and/or subject verb agreement.
Old October 6, 2012, 05:30:00 AM
Floatzel

For some reason all of my classes that I have this semester are too easy
Old October 6, 2012, 07:37:54 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
The SAT huh? I probably won't be much of a help since I got a 1760 on my last one... But here's what I have to suggest:

Reading Comp: Look at the questions first before you read the passage, it saves time in the long run. For sentence completions, fill in the blanks with a word you feel should be put there, then look at the answer choices for a synonym of that word you put in.

Math: Don't fall for false variables. If you see a triangle or an exclamation mark next to a number, it's the same thing as 7x or 7y. Be sure to know your Geometry well too; especially angles. It also helps if you draw diagrams and label them. Don't forget to read the question carefully, they will purposely try to trick you. You will also never see any math problems that go beyond Algebra II, trust me.

Writing: The part where you actually write a short essay is not difficult, it's actually quite easy to get a 6/12 without even trying too hard. The second part is the grammar section. For grammar, you an usually instantly see the problem by reading the sentance aloud in your head. Whenever something doesn't sound right, you know it's wrong. If that method fails, then be sure to check your modifiers and/or subject verb agreement.
The Writing section went well, I guess. I think my essay can score at least a 5, while I was able to solve almost all grammar questions. I may have left 2 or 3.

Maths was okay, except for some questions that were just too tricky and time consuming, that I had to ignore them. I think I left 10 at most. There is one question I believe could be wrong, while the others all be right.

Critical reading was disastrous. Not only I have left many questions, but I guessed a number of them too. I am afraid that these might turn out wrong.

The results will be out in 20 days. I will make sure I post them here.
Old October 7, 2012, 08:18:19 AM
Shaymin

I have a bunch of homework I should be doing, which includes studying for my Japanese test, studying for my physics test, completing my Spanish project, doing some of my Spanish work booklet, complete my French work booklet and read "Brave New World" for English class by Thursday.
Quote:
I thought October was going to be a good followup to September, or maybe even better. But it was the opposite of both. It's been going completely downhill starting with Monday, and even though I'm still surprisingly in a good mood, I can feel myself falling apart.
But right now I'm mostly falling apart from how nervous I am because Honor Band auditions are tomorrow. I'm confident that I'll get in however, and hoping that I'm lucky enough to get first chair. I mean, I AM the only one who plays my specific instrument in high schools in this whole county.
And which instrument is that, may I ask? You should talk to GamernamerJJ, she's in like 20 different bands. (I was joking, it was a huge exaggeration, but as soon as it's more than 1, it feels like too many to me. )
Old October 7, 2012, 08:25:51 AM

This past week for me has been especially rough, and the only thing that can really cheer me up is knowing that I'm about to get a copy of Black 2 today. I've been missing two of my cats that were taken off to the animal shelter about two weeks ago...and on top of this my job hunting has been going nowhere, and I'm beginning to lose my patience. I can't even land an entry-level part time job, and it's making me feel like I'm pathetic. Hopefully I can ease my frustrations playing Black 2.
Old October 7, 2012, 01:18:00 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
And which instrument is that, may I ask? You should talk to GamernamerJJ, she's in like 20 different bands. (I was joking, it was a huge exaggeration, but as soon as it's more than 1, it feels like too many to me. )
My precious baby, the Golden Clarinet! Uhh, I mean, Soprano Saxophone. Quite nice that a lot of people recognized what it was, but no one there actually played one. It's not a high school level instrument, and they don't even write sheet music for it. And to me, not even the 5 bands I'm currently in is enough
Old October 8, 2012, 12:24:46 AM
Giratina

Today is going to be a great day, I can tell - I woke up at 3 and couldn't fall back asleep all due to my lingering cough. Then after school, I have marching band in the cold air. A great day indeed.
Old October 8, 2012, 04:14:17 AM
Kyurem

Seems like graphics work is now much easier now that I've got a real monitor. I just spent some time creating my new signature... Man, the colours are easier to see and check now.
Old October 8, 2012, 11:31:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Today is going to be a great day, I can tell - I woke up at 3 and couldn't fall back asleep all due to my lingering cough. Then after school, I have marching band in the cold air. A great day indeed.
So far, today has indeed been a great day - during school, I had two asthma attacks and nearly used up all of my inhaler's medicine. Haven't even gotten to marching band yet.
Old October 8, 2012, 07:56:41 PM
Shaymin

Tomorrow I'm heading to my orthodontist. Sounds normal enough, except this appointment is going to tell the ortho dentists whether I need surgery or not, so I am somewhat nervous. I just hope my gut instinct is right that I won't need it.
Old October 8, 2012, 10:09:56 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Tomorrow I'm heading to my orthodontist. Sounds normal enough, except this appointment is going to tell the ortho dentists whether I need surgery or not, so I am somewhat nervous. I just hope my gut instinct is right that I won't need it.
Oh God, dentist people. I hate dentists because they're like doctors and although I don't know the phobia name, I have a TERRIBLE fear of doctors. I hope you don't need any surgery. You'll be on my mind, Fubby~!

This week at school is SPIRIT WEEK! YEAH! And even though I hate my school and almost all of the people in it, I realize this is junior year, so I might as well do something. But this year will be nothing compared to what I want to do next year. Senior year I just want to be the most insane guy in the state of Maryland~
Old October 8, 2012, 11:52:08 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
It's been forever since the last time I have to deal with a dentist. Like, many years ago... Then again, I never needed braces nor have to deal with problems. I hope that you do get lucky
Old October 9, 2012, 02:52:47 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Senior year I just want to be the most insane guy in the state of Maryland~
Maryland, eh? Your school must be HUGE in lacrosse.
Old October 9, 2012, 12:42:01 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Maryland, eh? Your school must be HUGE in lacrosse.
Oh, so you know about the inner workings of our Lacrosse team? Yeah, we do have a team for that, and I know a lot of people who play it. Why, is... is Maryland a big Lacrosse state? I never knew that.
Old October 9, 2012, 01:11:53 PM
Shaymin

My day is turning sunny side up~

I went to my ortho appointment waiting for my dentist to tell me I need surgery. Turns out I won't need to if I keep doing what I'm currently doing. So looks like I won't need it!
When I got home, I got an E-mail saying a coin I ordered six months ago. ( This one ) is coming in the mail!

Man. My day is good today~
Old October 9, 2012, 01:36:28 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Oh, so you know about the inner workings of our Lacrosse team? Yeah, we do have a team for that, and I know a lot of people who play it. Why, is... is Maryland a big Lacrosse state? I never knew that.
Maryland is a HUGE lacrosse state! To be accepted to Maryland (college) for a lax scholarship is amazing
Old October 9, 2012, 01:41:26 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
When I got home, I got an E-mail saying a coin I ordered six months ago. ( This one ) is coming in the mail!
Wow, you're getting one of those? I would like one, but I doubt I'll end up getting it.

In other news, my (Canadian) Thanksgiving was really weird. Nothing like hotdogs, hamburgers, KD and beans when we've always had turkey, ham, meatballs, mashed potatoes, etc.! It was strange, but it was still fun.
Old October 9, 2012, 02:19:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Man. My day is good today~
You know? My day has been pretty good too.
Despite not going to school due to that would be running the risk of more asthma attacks, I got a package in the mail from Michigan Tech. University saying I have been accepted there. It's a pretty high-end school for computer science, so that's exciting news for me.
Old October 9, 2012, 02:30:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
You know? My day has been pretty good too.
Despite not going to school due to that would be running the risk of more asthma attacks, I got a package in the mail from Michigan Tech. University saying I have been accepted there. It's a pretty high-end school for computer science, so that's exciting news for me.
I can consider myself lucky. I haven't gotten sick this year unlike last year where I missed most of Spirit Week and couldn't play in the Homecoming parade or game. But it's great that you got in to MT~ It reminds me that I should start looking at my college options.

One thing I nearly forgot, but we were in World History talking about the Mughal Empire, I think. The teacher was talking about one of the leaders taking some sort of fatal shot by arrow to the knee. I had to resist multiple times from shouting out something Skyrim related. Mostly because I knew no one would get it, and those that would get it would hate me because it's overused.
Old October 10, 2012, 03:27:55 PM
Shaymin

So after what was 1 day. My coin came in. It actually looks pretty cool, though a bit dim. Here's me holding it. You can actually see a bit of the glow in the dark bits outlined.
Old October 10, 2012, 06:01:23 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
So after what was 1 day. My coin came in. It actually looks pretty cool, though a bit dim. Here's me holding it. You can actually see a bit of the glow in the dark bits outlined.
I'm guessing the coin has to do with the dinosaur hotspot in Alberta? Nice coin!
Old October 10, 2012, 06:15:55 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle102 View Post
I'm guessing the coin has to do with the dinosaur hotspot in Alberta? Nice coin!
Supposedly, there are going to be 3 more coming out in the future. I actually now did get it to light up more and I must say it actually looks really awesome.
Old October 12, 2012, 07:09:29 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Supposedly, there are going to be 3 more coming out in the future. I actually now did get it to light up more and I must say it actually looks really awesome.
Awesome and looks like it's about to attack you or something. Hmm...
Old October 12, 2012, 04:08:31 PM
Shaymin

I just found out a friend of mine who constantly rips me for not taking care of my laptop broke his for the second time this year, and had to go send it in for repair.

I find it funny because what he calls careless caretaking is just two strips of duct tape holding rubber stoppers on the bottom because I didn't want to use glue.
Old October 13, 2012, 07:17:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I just found out a friend of mine who constantly rips me for not taking care of my laptop broke his for the second time this year, and had to go send it in for repair.

I find it funny because what he calls careless caretaking is just two strips of duct tape holding rubber stoppers on the bottom because I didn't want to use glue.
Hypocrisy can end up being something that is to ponder about.

I don't treat my MacBook Air well, for some reason. I think it has some scruffs here and there, but then again, being so portable, I bring it along almost every time I attend university class in the bag - no laptop cases or anything, so it's expected.
Old October 13, 2012, 09:23:43 AM
Haxorus

(If you don't follow, I'm a crew member at KFC. Hope that helps)
I was at work on Thursday, and we had a FLOOD of customers coming in. So much that we ran out of mac and cheese, and had only enough corn to fill two small containers.
Someone went through the drive-thru, and ordered a 10 piece chicken meal with a large mashed potatoes and gravy, and a large mac and cheese, with an additional side of large sweet corn. So I have to go out there and remind him "sorry, sir, we've run out of mac and cheese. Did you want to throw something else in there?"
So he sighs, and says "fine, a large potato wedge."
So I get him that, but then I realize I have to go back out again and tell him "we only have enough corn for two small containers."
He sighs again, loudly, and says "just do what you can."
I get the two small containers of corn ready and I hand the meal out to him. Then he asks for a feedback form, which I replied that there should be a link to a website on the receipt. Then, he asks for my first and last name. Not knowing it's recommended I keep that secret from customers (more specifically my last name), I give him that.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing a customer, considering I'm not allowed to, but it's not up to ME what we do and do not have.
Oh, I almost forgot, he came back yesterday, but rather than asking for a large mac and cheese and large sweet corn, he asked for a chocolate little bucket parfait...

Last edited by alternateshadow300; October 13, 2012 at 09:24:37 AM.
Old October 13, 2012, 09:37:39 AM
Giratina

That's the problem with some people - whenever they can't get what they want due to a shortage in food supplies, they blame the workers first rather than using logic to determine that other people got the food supplies first.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:39:53 AM
Haxorus

Psyched about the upcoming Deadpool movie.
Picture    

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 13, 2012 at 11:45:45 AM. Reason: Too big of an image, it needs to be in a spoiler
Old October 14, 2012, 05:07:55 AM
Kyurem

Mmm, I'm bored today. What to do, aside from messing around with my tablet? I am taking a break from C++ coding today.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:09:29 AM
Rayquaza

Mechanics is hard. Really. You think you know the concept but when it comes to the questions, you realise you cannot do anything.
Old October 17, 2012, 11:54:06 PM

I'm starting to get into the Halloween spirit! I've switched over to my pumpkin themed glaceon avatar, and I've been putting thought towards possible costume ideas. I probably won't go trick or treating, but instead go to a small party one of my cousin's is hosting. I won't be able to go as anything fancy though, since anything I come up with will have to be homemade. I'm thinking maybe a rocker of some sort, but I did that idea already...maybe I should try something like a "movie star" look. Trying to think outside the box here. I'm not really much for going as anything scary, though.

Last edited by Cyrus; October 17, 2012 at 11:54:31 PM.
Old October 18, 2012, 03:27:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I'm starting to get into the Halloween spirit! I've switched over to my pumpkin themed glaceon avatar, and I've been putting thought towards possible costume ideas. I probably won't go trick or treating, but instead go to a small party one of my cousin's is hosting. I won't be able to go as anything fancy though, since anything I come up with will have to be homemade. I'm thinking maybe a rocker of some sort, but I did that idea already...maybe I should try something like a "movie star" look. Trying to think outside the box here. I'm not really much for going as anything scary, though.
Movie Star look huh? I'm probably going to be shot for suggesting this, but you could always be Brycen from Pokestar Studios. He's a movie star and an Ice type fan hehe.
Old October 18, 2012, 03:38:24 AM
Kyurem

Hmmm... Electronics recycling, huh? Guess dead, out-of-warranty devices have to go somewhere. That's what happened with my old old phone that I've been using as a makeshift router lately.

Also, going out to eat can be expensive.
Old October 18, 2012, 12:38:22 PM
Giratina

This week could've been better for me. I need more confidence, I can't do anything that my heart desires. Plus, I could've done myself a favor and not have lost my 3DS, putting me in an instant panic and turning to depression and... well, it's a good thing my mom found it. Now I'm back in the swing of things and ready to go on with success~

There was also a Marching Band Showcase on Wednesday. Even though we had like NO moves, I think we did pretty good. And we looked rrreeeeaaaally stupid during Gangnam Style, but I think that's the point. Dress classy, dance cheesy! X3
Old October 18, 2012, 08:18:01 PM
Rayquaza

I never realised how tough it is to apply to universities overboard until now. It is quite the hassle.
Old October 18, 2012, 08:31:34 PM
Shaymin

Today I got informed that I have a job interview on Tuesday. I'm actually glad that possibly soon I'll be doing something during my days. I'm not holding out though. But hey, if it does work out, that's a plus in my books.
Old October 19, 2012, 05:02:19 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I never realised how tough it is to apply to universities overboard until now. It is quite the hassle.
Wait a second, what's university overboard or am I misunderstanding something?
Old October 19, 2012, 08:02:38 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Wait a second, what's university overboard or am I misunderstanding something?
Oh my God... I meant abroad.
Old October 19, 2012, 09:21:49 AM
Shaymin

Indeed it's always difficult to even live in other countries, nevermind having to work everything out so you could have residence, a job, AND access to education. This is why when I talk about applying to Harvard for law eventually, it's a complete joke. (The reason why it wouldn't be a joke, is because to American universities, a Canadian 100% in a class is much more impressive than an American 100%.)
Aaaanyways, good luck, Spirit!
Old October 19, 2012, 09:37:03 AM
Rayquaza

Thanks. I am waiting for my SAT result first. Supposedly, it will be out on Thursday. I am a bit nervous.
Old October 19, 2012, 09:52:01 AM
Kyurem

I find living abroad to be real expensive. Relatively, that is.
Old October 19, 2012, 01:23:01 PM
Shaymin

It's super expensive! No matter where you're moving to, it's a chore. When I'm in my late 20s/early 30s though I plan to move to Europe somewhere. It would be awesome! Especially considering the weather there is mild, exactly how I love it!
Quote:
Thanks. I am waiting for my SAT result first. Supposedly, it will be out on Thursday. I am a bit nervous.
I'm positive you did well, Spirit. You're quite bright!
Old October 19, 2012, 02:53:37 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
I, another man from the other side of the planet, wish you all the best.

On a different note, I was really excited to hear that animation director Ron Doucet came in to talk to me and the rest of my class about what he does for a living. It lasted a long time, but I didn't fall asleep during any of it.

And in case none of you know who he is...

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; October 19, 2012 at 02:54:09 PM.
Old October 19, 2012, 06:27:21 PM
Giratina

I actually just got accepted into another college in my state. The applications weren't as big of a deal as half my school made it out to be. In fact, I'd say they were rather simple.

It's the waiting-for-letter part that gets ya.
Old October 19, 2012, 11:35:01 PM
Rayquaza

My biggest issue is financial aid. My father isn't capable of paying a university's fees, and what makes it worse is that I am pursuing Medicine, the most expensive field. I am worried that I would not be given this financial aid and end up not going to university.
Old October 20, 2012, 05:00:47 PM
Giratina

Worst come to worst, you end up taking out a bunch of student loans and are in debt for awhile. It most certainly isn't the favorable option, but it's essentially the last resort if you want to go to a specific university.
Old October 21, 2012, 06:00:45 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Worst come to worst, you end up taking out a bunch of student loans and are in debt for awhile. It most certainly isn't the favorable option, but it's essentially the last resort if you want to go to a specific university.
Yeah, I have considered that already. For now, I am preparing all my report cards since grade 9 to show my academic achievements. I already prepared all certificates of extracurricular activities I have done for the past four years. I am asking my school's headmaster tomorrow to write a letter of recommendation for me. If all of these fail, then I am ending up with a loan for sure.
Old October 21, 2012, 06:08:33 AM
Kyurem

Hmm... So I've taken a look at my room, and...

It's a total disaster. I think I'm going to buy some folders and racks to get things in shape.
Old October 23, 2012, 03:38:34 PM

Jelly is currently sick at the moment. I swear, if one person at my school gets sick, we all do. -.- I always tend to get sick in the Fall too, it's weird.
Old October 23, 2012, 03:58:08 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Jelly is currently sick at the moment. I swear, if one person at my school gets sick, we all do. -.- I always tend to get sick in the Fall too, it's weird.
Happened to me too. It's probably the change of air pressure due to the lower temperatures.
Old October 23, 2012, 04:05:20 PM
Landorus

Quote:
I'm kind of the same way, except it's always in the Spring, sometime in April or May. My Mom says, every time, that it's allergies and not a cold, but then everyone else in my family ends up getting sick, so I don't know.
Old October 23, 2012, 04:12:38 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Everyone in my school just got over being sick. I think what we did to solve our sickness was to send the sickness to New York or something like that.
Old October 23, 2012, 05:27:29 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I'm fighting a rough battle with sickness as well. Even though the constant sneezing and occasional coughing gets me down a lot, I can't give in. I have a marching band to be a part of, and I will NEVER skip events due to sickness again like last year.
Old October 23, 2012, 10:33:37 PM
Regigigas

Just checking in to make post 11,000. Probably going to wait for post 11,111 then disappear from this thread.

So, how to make this post of any use to anyone...hm...I've been listening to the Soundtrack of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse lately. Listening to Castlevania music is probably the closest I'll be getting to celebrate Halloween this year. Ok, that's what I got to say, somebody explode in celebration of 11,000 posts, kthxbye