Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 20, 2010, 02:02:37 PM
Volcarona

Default Famous "LP'er" Chuggaaconory suspended!

The famous LP'er on youtube chuggaaconory, has been suspended due to false copyright claims on his videos. Another LP'er, Nintendo capri Sun has also been suspended. This has been done by two people by the names opf CONJOPI and letsnotplayx. He was suspended by CONJOPI, but letsnotplayx apperently has something to do with the suspensions, or so we belive(lol spelling fail). Read on Zelda Unevirse(http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gamingn...yright-claims/), or you can watch the live interview with the Lp'er on youtube(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZtyNRCZLk) It is taking youtube by storm.(Small thanks to Aroura Virus nad Nickmatt07 for making thier videos about chugga's suspesion.) Watch the video from letsnotplayx here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQOUmtDw14.

In other news, I just sounded like a TV reporter.

EDIT:Sorry about Spelling errors

Last edited by The Tropius of Tropiuses; July 20, 2010 at 02:03:26 PM.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
Volcarona

What kind of person would waste time doing something like that, and for what reason?
The accounts is only suspended, anyway, and will be back soon I'm sure, so what did this do? The videos all still work, too. I'm sure being falsely called a "hacker" makes him feel good. :3

Last edited by piexing; July 20, 2010 at 02:18:40 PM.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:28:40 PM
Giratina

Obviously someone is jealous of his popularity.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:37:12 PM
Shaymin

The whole reasoning behind it is that they want Youtube to swap their flagging system. They're false flagging in an attempt to show Youtube that it's easy to false flag and that they need to change their system.
However, Youtube loves just sitting back and not caring, so not much will change, even if they false flagged every LPer. Maybe if they go after JoshJepson Youtube would take notice considering he's a partner, but otherwise Youtube won't be doing anything about it.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:40:05 PM
Rayquaza

Some one who has no life of course and willing to dovote hours to doing this, he better get in trouble for fraud.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:47:09 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
The whole reasoning behind it is that they want Youtube to swap their flagging system. They're false flagging in an attempt to show Youtube that it's easy to false flag and that they need to change their system.
However, Youtube loves just sitting back and not caring, so not much will change, even if they false flagged every LPer. Maybe if they go after JoshJepson Youtube would take notice considering he's a partner, but otherwise Youtube won't be doing anything about it.
It seems like they're just doing it to be ******bags. If they were showing YouTube how easy it is to abuse the flagging system, wouldn't they say it? Why is it that they're going after Let's Plays and not something bigger?
Old July 20, 2010, 02:47:21 PM
Landorus

You know what we should do? We should fight back, gather all of the people of good and destroy the evil forces of trolls, and suspend THEM.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:51:15 PM
Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Some one who has no life of course and willing to dovote hours to doing this, he better get in trouble for fraud.
^This.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:53:01 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piexing View Post
It seems like they're just doing it to be ******bags. If they were showing YouTube how easy it is to abuse the flagging system, wouldn't they say it? Why is it that they're going after Let's Plays and not something bigger?
No clue why they're aiming for LPers. However, I think they thought it out where if they actually targeted the big people, who are partners, like say, Shane Dawson, Youtube would get on their ass and hightail them to jail, so I think they're heading after the pretty popular people, instead of them.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; July 20, 2010 at 03:28:11 PM.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:59:15 PM
Volcarona

But if they don't target people YouTube cares about nothing will be done.
Old July 20, 2010, 02:59:39 PM

Quote:
No clue why they're aiming for LPers. However, I think they thought it out where if they actually targeted the big people, who are subscribers, like say, Shane Dawson, Youtube would get on their ass and hightail them to jail, so I think they're heading after the pretty popular people, instead of them.
You mean YT partners?
Old July 20, 2010, 03:28:51 PM
Shaymin

@Pie
Yeah, they're trolls with a purpose, so you shouldn't expect intellict.

@PRS
Yeah, JoshJepson is an LPer with a YT Partnership. He can't make YT money unless he makes something like a vlog, without any video game related things in it, but he gets a timelimit increase and a couple of banners. He doesn't deserve it because a lot of his popularity came from NCS, because they're friends and have guest commentated in each others videos, and he does nothing but LP overLPd games(Sunshine, Wind Waker, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.) when there a ton of others that do more inventive things, or are a lot more popular, like NCS or Chuggaaconroy, but I digress.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; July 20, 2010 at 03:32:20 PM.
Old July 20, 2010, 03:39:45 PM
Rayquaza

Chuggaconnroy actually can sue for fraud because the person actually used his voice.
Old July 20, 2010, 07:49:20 PM
Kyurem

To give a fresh perspective:

YouTube is a massive, multimillion dollar subsidiary of Google. It takes time for things to change, and any one petty reason to do something has another petty counter reason. Just because you want something doesn't mean there is no reason for it not to happen.

And a lot of the **** that happens is because of laws, trade agreements, and the two million local and federal laws across the world. Did you see what happened to Google's Italy division because of Youtube? Now that's ****ed up a whole lot worse than anything you guys are whining about here!

The fact is, you can't cater to any one specific group over the whole community of Youtubers. If by changing the flagging system the whole community would benefit, then it'll change, but right now that simply isn't so obvious.

*waits for flames*

For what its worth, I personally find this annoying just like everybody else, but I kinda stopped caring after I heard so many people placing false blame when CloneCharizard's account went down a year ago.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:32:51 PM
Administrator

I've heard through the grapevine that there is a chance I'll wind up having the same thing happen to me. I decided I'll probably take advantage of the situation and send anyone who cares to Victory Road for the two weeks while I'm away from YouTube.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:39:14 PM
Shaymin

Unfortunately the internet is filled with people who get jealous easy, and who hate those who succeed better than them...

poor poor fate. :C
Old July 20, 2010, 10:03:35 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
To give a fresh perspective:

YouTube is a massive, multimillion dollar subsidiary of Google. It takes time for things to change, and any one petty reason to do something has another petty counter reason. Just because you want something doesn't mean there is no reason for it not to happen.

And a lot of the **** that happens is because of laws, trade agreements, and the two million local and federal laws across the world. Did you see what happened to Google's Italy division because of Youtube? Now that's ****ed up a whole lot worse than anything you guys are whining about here!

The fact is, you can't cater to any one specific group over the whole community of Youtubers. If by changing the flagging system the whole community would benefit, then it'll change, but right now that simply isn't so obvious.

*waits for flames*

For what its worth, I personally find this annoying just like everybody else, but I kinda stopped caring after I heard so many people placing false blame when CloneCharizard's account went down a year ago.
Why would we flame you, we're with you. Pretty much everyone dislikes it and just wishes they would stop their petty **** that they feel they have the right to stand up for. It's a stupid thing to just randomly go and false flag for, especially when they aren't DMCA people or anything, they're just random youtubers.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:07:16 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I've heard through the grapevine that there is a chance I'll wind up having the same thing happen to me. I decided I'll probably take advantage of the situation and send anyone who cares to Victory Road for the two weeks while I'm away from YouTube.
Why do you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
Unfortunately the internet is filled with people who get jealous easy, and who hate those who succeed better than them...
I've been one of them. But then again, I was 12.

I decided to read the ZeldaUniverse post and I'm confused; were people flagging the videos (for above 18 content) or sending DMCA violations? Legally, a false DMCA violation constitutes a federal crime punishable by jail time or heavy fines paid to the United States legal system (where as the notice itself is usually a civil matter against two lesser parties).
Old July 21, 2010, 12:17:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Why do you say that?
AuroraVirus got a PM, unconfirmed on validity, stating that he's up next for one of the members, and "all of his friends in his box."

Quote:
I decided to read the ZeldaUniverse post and I'm confused; were people flagging the videos (for above 18 content) or sending DMCA violations? Legally, a false DMCA violation constitutes a federal crime punishable by jail time or heavy fines paid to the United States legal system (where as the notice itself is usually a civil matter against two lesser parties).
False DMCA claims. Yeah, once this is over, this is going to be huge news and big money.
Old July 21, 2010, 05:24:05 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
You know what we should do? We should fight back, gather all of the people of good and destroy the evil forces of trolls, and suspend THEM.
Seriously, is anyone going to at least acknowledge my Idea?
Old July 21, 2010, 08:36:52 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
AuroraVirus got a PM, unconfirmed on validity, stating that he's up next for one of the members, and "all of his friends in his box."
That's kind of creepy don't you think? (*Quietly chuckles at the "in his box" part*)
Old July 21, 2010, 10:32:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It's a stupid thing to just randomly go and false flag for, especially when they aren't DMCA people or anything, they're just random youtubers.
Yeah, it's like saying "Our city has poor gun control so we are going to get a bunch of guns and walk down the street shooting at random people just to prove how bad it is." Seriously WTF, these people spend time putting together these videos, and they wind up having to suffer because these flaggers have nothing better do do.

Last edited by Yoshi648; July 21, 2010 at 10:33:16 AM.
Old July 21, 2010, 11:06:41 AM
Volcarona

Incase people are thinking "oh noes he lost every lp ever" you can still watch the videos that weren't flagged
Old July 21, 2010, 11:31:50 AM
Shaymin

ZeldaUniverse has brought the news worldwide using Digg and CNN iReport articles.

A favorite LPer of mine (and my own inspiration for LPing) Lancun has made various threats against the false flaggers to go directly to court (which is what Chuggaa/NCS/etc. should be doing instead of filing counterclaims.) If Lan or any other LPers take Google and the trolls to court they WILL win the courtcase, so I'm kind of hoping the LPing community gets around to that.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:03:30 PM
Shaymin

I saw this on evandeck's twitter, here's a list of accounts targeted and their status.
http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/The_%2..._Been_Targeted

I also like Lite's idea, sue their asses until they stop instead of filing counterclaims. Well heck, do both.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:05:54 PM
Volcarona

The problem with LPers bringing this to court is that LPs will gain national attention after that, which Nintendo might notice, and we all know how Nintendo feels about their content being broadcasted for free.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:15:20 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
The problem with LPers bringing this to court is that LPs will gain national attention after that, which Nintendo might notice, and we all know how Nintendo feels about their content being broadcasted for free.
But don't LP's help promote the games? And aren't they simply reviews for the games, which anyone is legally allowed to do?
Old July 21, 2010, 12:16:39 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
But don't LP's help promote the games? And aren't they simply reviews for the games, which anyone is legally allowed to do?
I'm not saying they don't, I'm saying Nintendo might not think that at first.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:37:44 PM
Shaymin

Nintendo has said before that they don't care if their games are LP'd, just as long as the game isn't shown as some godawful worthless peice of crap, which LPers don't do, unless it's on purpose for a bad game, which Nintendo never really makes.

And when Chuggaa has talked about trying to get partner, he mentioned he talked to Nintendo and asked for suppport of his LPs so they wouldn't be some sort of copyright issue.

I've also seen a law posted somewhere where LPs are perfectly fine.

Plus, I'm sure Nintendo knows about LPs. Not ALL of them, but at least one worker must know, so if they were to be taken down, they'd be taken down already.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; July 21, 2010 at 12:38:24 PM.
Old July 21, 2010, 04:19:39 PM
Landorus

We should gather all of the LP fans to flag all of the troll's videos on account of Hate and bullying! The effect will be so huge Youtube will have to look into it!
Old July 21, 2010, 04:23:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
We should gather all of the LP fans to flag all of the troll's videos on account of Hate and bullying! The effect will be so huge Youtube will have to look into it!
v this quote v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Yeah, it's like saying "Our city has poor gun control so we are going to get a bunch of guns and walk down the street shooting at random people just to prove how bad it is." Seriously WTF, these people spend time putting together these videos, and they wind up having to suffer because these flaggers have nothing better do do.
Old July 21, 2010, 04:29:15 PM
Magikarp

They CAN reopen their accounts, considering they fell victim to false flagging.
Old July 22, 2010, 04:36:33 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Did you read the thread at all? Counterclaims have been filed and alts have been made- so far no counterclaims have succeeded to reopen accounts and all alts made have been taken down as well.
Old July 22, 2010, 04:55:23 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
A favorite LPer of mine (and my own inspiration for LPing) Lancun has made various threats against the false flaggers to go directly to court (which is what Chuggaa/NCS/etc. should be doing instead of filing counterclaims.) If Lan or any other LPers take Google and the trolls to court they WILL win the courtcase, so I'm kind of hoping the LPing community gets around to that.
You can't take Youtube to court! They are just following the screwed up laws :/

You can however sue the false flaggers, who are violating several laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
Nintendo knows that these things help them; they won't care. And it is fair use either way (as Jared said). You have to realize, Nintendo is a pretty fair corporation compared to Sony or Microsoft.

Quote:
Plus, I'm sure Nintendo knows about LPs. Not ALL of them, but at least one worker must know, so if they were to be taken down, they'd be taken down already.
You honestly think such a big company wouldn't be fully aware of how popular their games are. Not sure if you're trying to be conservative in that estimate or not, but they are fully aware of how many LPs are out there. LPs aren't targetted 'cause Nintendo likes the popularity

Quote:
That's illegal, you could likewise be sued or tried criminally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Duh. Accounts are reopened as soon as the counter notices are processed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Did you read the thread at all? Counterclaims have been filed and alts have been made- so far no counterclaims have succeeded to reopen accounts and all alts made have been taken down as well.
It takes 14 days; that's how the DMCA is written. They will automatically be opened once each video is contested.

You guys have to realize, Youtube is under a lot of pressure with Viacom and the like. They have to play it safe: otherwise their asses could be sued and the site could shut down (along with Google paying a hefty sum). Until the law is rewritten, this risk will always exist, so I don't blame Youtube at all. Blame the DMCA, not Youtube. Start writing to your congressmen and some change actually could happen.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:00:28 PM
Haxorus

Why would anyone waste their time doing these things, don't they want to see more walkthrough's? If you just eliminate people you wont have any people to show walkthroughs. This is obviously not a good thing to do.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:20:06 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtwig View Post
Why would anyone waste their time doing these things, don't they want to see more walkthrough's? If you just eliminate people you wont have any people to show walkthroughs. This is obviously not a good thing to do.
There's a few reasons; they maybe want Youtube to take notice and not automatically suspend accounts. They may want to show the problems with the DMCA. If its either of those two, they're doin' it wrong.

But more likely, they are just jealous and stupid.
Old July 29, 2010, 07:43:44 PM
Administrator

GoldndSilver7 has requested for me to post this video here for everyone to watch. Contains cursing.

Old July 31, 2010, 01:53:28 AM
Shaymin

Just posting to say that Chuggaa got his account back earlier yesterday.
Old July 31, 2010, 10:46:09 AM
Volcarona

I have been looking for more info on CONJOPI on youtube, and it seems that this is not JUST a troll. He's not JUST TARGETING AT LP'ers. He's hacked a freaking WEBSITE even! He's planning an attack on youtube today. He's something different....He has a team. He made a video which was made from the ending theme to"Bear and the big blue house" The lyrics to his video are as follows: " CONJOPI and the moon are waiting for you to come out and play. To come out and play. To come out and play To come out and play." This is not just another troll attack. This... is a war.
Old July 31, 2010, 11:12:33 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
What I said
v this quote v
And then what Yoshi said
Your Logic is worse than Techno's impression of mine.

Last edited by Idno58; July 31, 2010 at 11:12:57 AM.
Old July 31, 2010, 05:35:33 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
I have been looking for more info on CONJOPI on youtube, and it seems that this is not JUST a troll. He's not JUST TARGETING AT LP'ers. He's hacked a freaking WEBSITE even! He's planning an attack on youtube today. He's something different....He has a team. He made a video which was made from the ending theme to"Bear and the big blue house" The lyrics to his video are as follows: " CONJOPI and the moon are waiting for you to come out and play. To come out and play. To come out and play To come out and play." This is not just another troll attack. This... is a war.
1. Don't feed the trolls
2. Any "attack" made on YouTube made by the CONJOPI group will result in legal hell for them
3. Said attacks haven't been made yet