Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 23, 2010, 03:09:29 PM
Landorus

Question Triple Battles

So what do you guys think about triple battles? I, personally, think Nintendo went a little too far with this kind of thing. Double battles are cool, but Triple Battles are too much, and too confusing.
Old August 23, 2010, 03:14:58 PM
Giratina

I think the one where all three of your Pokémon attack at once is pretty cool, 'cause it'll just be complete domination if your team is up to scratch, and you're against a nub. And that'll feel good. But I don't like the sound of rotation battles, they don't really seem... that good. I'll give them all a few tries (And I'm sure there'll be times in the games where you've gotta do them).
Old August 23, 2010, 03:18:34 PM
Volcarona

I think triple battles hold a lot of potential. Even if I don't personally like them, triple battles have a level of complexity that regular battles don't have.
Unfortunately, that also means pokemon will have to be specially raised to participate in triple battles, and raising pokemon isn't exactly a quick job. It's very time consuming. However, some people may find a niche in triple battles, and that's what I think they were going for in adding them to the game.
Old August 23, 2010, 04:01:32 PM
Kyurem

Mmmmm they seem pretty intriguing to me! The competitive metagame that develops based off of these unique battles will be most intriguing to say the least, and they will require superior strategizing, and the mind-games that they cause will make things even more dramatic.
Old August 23, 2010, 04:48:15 PM
Rayquaza

I agree I'm pretty interested in it too also the fact how some pokemon can't attack pokemon on the otherside.

My issue with is the fact how long each battle will take, there's a mention of every pokemons ability at the begining and then at the end of the battle where every gets hit by a sand storm and then restores with leftovers.

I still hope there's a gym with triple battling like in RSE.
Old August 23, 2010, 05:43:16 PM
Volcarona

They already sort of did triple battles in the Mystery Dungeon series. For example, if you're facing three other foes then it works exactly like this, exept they may be positioned differently. It won't be much of a change if you've played these games.

With the rotation battles, those look kinda interesting. I think they should make at least one gym battle with this mode.
Old August 23, 2010, 06:22:06 PM

I didn't care for the concept at first, but this may get really interesting. Like Kaz said, it's gonna get really strategic. With the ability to move them around in Rotation battles, it'll get even harder to predict what the opponent will do. With this concept, it would make competitive battling that much harder. Protect and Detect will probably a lot more useful. Like, Their usefulness in double battles right now and multiply that by 10.
Old August 24, 2010, 03:57:02 AM
Celebi

I like the sound of them! The range thing is quite cool, and I think Yanappu's acrobat might come in very handy. You may not think now, but I bet you, we'll need that move.
Old August 24, 2010, 04:34:32 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
They already sort of did triple battles in the Mystery Dungeon series. For example, if you're facing three other foes then it works exactly like this, exept they may be positioned differently. It won't be much of a change if you've played these games.

With the rotation battles, those look kinda interesting. I think they should make at least one gym battle with this mode.
PMD had a max of 4... Quad Battles!? X_x

Anyway, I do like the idea of Triple Battles. Although I gotta wonder, with all these new types of battles, could it be possible they'll increase the max Party Size to, say, 8?
Old August 24, 2010, 06:23:58 AM
Shaymin

The only way I see Nintendo going out of their way with multi battles is the day when I see a 6 vs. 6, I like the Idea of half a team facing another Half.
Old August 24, 2010, 07:46:58 AM
Giratina

Triple Battles seem interesting and promising so far. They'll definitely require a lot of strategy and prediction, especially Rotational battles. This will make competitive battles harder but certainly a lot more challenging.
Old August 24, 2010, 08:33:40 AM
Rayquaza

I like the strategies that are going to be behind these battles. It will require a lot of hinking, and this is awesome!
Old August 24, 2010, 08:38:34 AM
Landorus

I think if they're going to make us use three pokemon, they could let us control the pokemon, and dodge the moves and such, like in Pokemon Rumble, or street fighter or Naruto Clash of ninja or something; it could be an extra..
Old September 8, 2010, 12:07:34 PM
Haxorus

Triple battles will rock face.

Plain and simple.

It could be worse: We could have three-on-three battles with Pokémon made by ten year olds around the world. That would suck.
Old September 8, 2010, 10:06:05 PM
Keldeo

I think it would actually be a good concept. I need to think of combos that would dominate the game. I mean basically having a Fire, Water, and Grass types they pretty well cover each other.
Old September 9, 2010, 01:32:37 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
The only way I see Nintendo going out of their way with multi battles is the day when I see a 6 vs. 6, I like the Idea of half a team facing another Half.
6v6 is impossible cause at max you can only be surrounded by 4 trainers.
Old September 10, 2010, 11:40:37 AM
Servine

I think triple battle is a good idea just imagine Charizard, Tyhplosion and Blaziken on the battlefield at the same time.
Old September 10, 2010, 11:41:59 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
I think triple battle is a good idea just imagine Charizard, Tyhplosion and Blaziken on the battlefield at the same time.
Oh yeah?! One Surf and poof!
Old September 10, 2010, 12:13:54 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Oh yeah?! One Surf and poof!
That was super effective and your three pokemon gain 610 exp but if i use Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos to example now that is what i call Trio-Legendary Battle.
Old September 10, 2010, 06:56:11 PM
Cyndaquil

Triple battles seem a bit much to me,but I don't mind. But I swear if in the next gen there are quad battles (or more!), someone at GameFreak is gonna get slapped hard by me. >.>
Old September 18, 2010, 06:14:01 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 View Post
Triple battles seem a bit much to me,but I don't mind. But I swear if in the next gen there are quad battles (or more!), someone at GameFreak is gonna get slapped hard by me. >.>
Don't worry everyone knows third times the charm but the fourth over does it.
Old October 7, 2010, 11:06:51 AM
Banned

Triple Battles are going to somewhat bogus because Explosion beats all. But, Triple Battles are very likely going to be a fun experience for most trainers
Old December 28, 2010, 09:34:43 PM
Giratina

In my opinion:
Rotation- Very difficult yet fun cause you'll never know what hits who with rotations, but can be planned out with though
Triple- Need to know where to be on the field to attack what, but it's pretty much a confusing double battle
Old December 29, 2010, 03:37:51 AM
Celebi

I kinda like the triple battles, my friend has both games and we play against each other all the time and I like them. Not the rotation battles though, they are weird.
Old December 29, 2010, 12:57:19 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Absol View Post
Triple Battles are going to somewhat bogus because Explosion beats all. But, Triple Battles are very likely going to be a fun experience for most trainers
That must be why they halved Explosion's power. :/
Old February 6, 2011, 01:36:38 PM
Zoroark

One Word: Earthquake
Old February 6, 2011, 02:00:40 PM
Rayquaza

I'm not to sure about triple battles after seeing this.

At least in rotation battles my Skitty won't be killed by one of these.

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 6, 2011 at 02:01:36 PM.