Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 27, 2012, 12:19:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
http://listofsports.com/chess

Looks like a sport to me.
Be right back, gonna go talk to the Olympic officials to make D&D an official Olympic Sport.

*table flip*
Old December 27, 2012, 12:20:11 PM
Giratina

I generally view all competitive events (that aren't electronic) as sports. Though I still haven't heard of a competitive School Chess Team yet.
Old December 27, 2012, 01:22:27 PM
Regigigas

Regular chess? Mere peanuts. True chess players play ice speed chess.
Old December 27, 2012, 01:26:15 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Regular chess? Mere peanuts. True chess players play ice speed chess.
This sounds incredibly stupid and nonsensical. I think I'll buy about 3 of these. 1 for home, 1 for travel, and 1 just to preserve this beauty. Not sure how good I'd be at it, though, I tend to think for long periods of time during my chess matches.
Old December 27, 2012, 11:25:04 PM
Shaymin

Seeing all these sports really reminds me that I should try to at least get into a little shape. Even though I don't gain weight no matter what gets shoved down my throat, I'd still wish I was in a better shape than I'm in....

If only I had the determination... And will power... And time... And lack of lazy attitude... And lack of procrastination...

... See why I never finish or start things.......
Old December 27, 2012, 11:34:30 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I generally view all competitive events (that aren't electronic) as sports.
Ever heard of e-sports?

BRB fragging stuff

Last edited by Twiggy; December 27, 2012 at 11:34:45 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 11:38:42 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Ever heard of e-sports?

BRB fragging stuff
Oh please. If that counts, I'm an athlete. Hell, half the world would be Olympic All Stars... Well most.......

Either way I don't acknowledge those.
Old December 28, 2012, 03:22:42 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
Seeing all these sports really reminds me that I should try to at least get into a little shape. Even though I don't gain weight no matter what gets shoved down my throat, I'd still wish I was in a better shape than I'm in....
Go play some chess. It'll whip you right into shape apparently.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:11:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Ever heard of e-sports?

BRB fragging stuff
I have never heard of them before, actually. Please show me to them so that I may become the world's greatest athlete.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:17:57 AM
Giratina

I'm in shape for wrestling (as you probably can tell, it's my passion), I almost got that 6-Pack flow going for me B)
Old December 28, 2012, 07:23:52 AM
Giratina

I've already got one and I do absolutely nothing. But it's nice to hear that you're enjoying something like that.
But now I think I might have to give up my dream of wrestling. All that weight and diet control you talk about makes me want to throw up.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:27:23 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I've already got one and I do absolutely nothing. But it's nice to hear that you're enjoying something like that.
But now I think I might have to give up my dream of wrestling. All that weight and diet control you talk about makes me want to throw up.
How much do you weigh? Cause honestly, if you are in the middle of the weight class, or the top of your weight class or something like that, you don't have to do any of that. I just do it cause I'm capable of it and can make the easier match if I wanted too.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:46:07 AM
Giratina

I weigh 133 lb exact. Which weight class would that be?
Old December 28, 2012, 07:53:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I weigh 133 lb exact. Which weight class would that be?
Oh shoot, you'd be in 133-137 weight class. So that's the bottom of the weight class and if your coach is a serious coach, he'll ask you to go down a pound or two to get to a lower class. But a pound is something you'll lose in one practice anyways (if you work as hard as we do), but don't worry. After Christmas, the weight classes go up by +2 lbs. So after Christmas, all you would have to do is maintain weight and your fine. Not really losing or dieting at all.
Old December 28, 2012, 10:54:32 AM
Mudkip

I should start following my dream sports and start doing Cross Country and Tennis in college...

...if laziness and time were neglectable factors...
Old December 28, 2012, 12:15:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikochu View Post
I should start following my dream sports and start doing Cross Country and Tennis in college...

Same, I'd like to do tennis in college, but I know I'd be out of shape for it. I usually get tired quickly too, so I need a way to get my stamina up.

I hope I never have to go on a diet, I wouldn't have the discipline for one.
Old December 28, 2012, 04:58:49 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikochu View Post

I tried playing intramural tennis and I played horribly. I was out of season and it's been a long time I play tennis since high school (I played in my high school tennis team for 2 years). I tried running to keep me in shape during college and I end liking running. Plus it's not as time-consuming as tennis for me because of homework and college life.
Old December 28, 2012, 06:24:14 PM
Giratina

Day = Made. Life = Made. A Day in the Life = MADE~!
My dad is now the coolest person ever to me, after so many years of being lame and useless. He just got me a Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road poster, both holographic~ And he agreed to fund the rest of my Beatles album purchases! YES YES YES! And on top of that, he gave me a case for my Kindle that comes with a working stylus. AND THEY SAID THESE TYPES OF TOUCH SCREENS DON'T HAVE STYLI! ECSTATIC!
Old January 1, 2013, 06:32:04 AM
Shaymin

Well, that was a fun New Years Party I had. Couple of friends came over, played some games on Nintendo Land. Watched part of a movie. Played a different board game. And then at the late hours of the night, one friend and I beat New Super Mario Bros U. All while using a stereotypical Russian accent and mocking other countries...

Oh all the comments made...
Old January 2, 2013, 05:51:57 PM
Giratina

You're lucky you had a New Year's party. All I had was me, myself, I, a cleaning mom, and The Beatles' Rock Band. It was my ultimate goal to get 5 stars on every single song with Expert Bass before 2013 rolled in, but I failed with 2 songs still at 4 stars at about 11:50. But I consider it a personal achievement to the bettering of my fake-bass playing skills.

It's completely official, Internet Explorer has become my default browser over Chrome. Again. I mean... it's lightning fast, almost as fast as Chrome's bullet speeds. But it's more durable and doesn't crash like Chrome does every-so-often. And when it does have problems it's usually because my whole laptop is having some sort of issue. Plus it looks... smoother than Chrome. Maybe this time I won't go back...

And while the year so far has been amazing (y'know, for 2 days), it all came down when my band teacher said Jazz Band was canceled. Only 3 people actually auditioned well (me being one of them, of course. I LIVE for it) and now I've got no reason for using my Soprano. But, it can only get better from there...
Old January 2, 2013, 07:47:12 PM
Kyurem

I feel like I'm a bit weird today, but I'm on a longer than usual bus trip to do some banking.
Old January 4, 2013, 08:40:39 AM

I'm going on a retreat this afternoon! I won't be able to come on here much this weekend since I'll be with my friends most of the time. There's gonna be snow on the ground where I'm going, so I'm gonna have fun running outside in shorts and a T-shirt.
Old January 5, 2013, 02:57:57 PM
Floatzel

I'm going back to school on monday
Old January 6, 2013, 03:48:34 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sonic View Post
I'm going back to school on monday
Same here, it's going to suck big time. :L
Old January 6, 2013, 03:54:51 AM

I've been back to school for a while now. I've already got a quiz and a test to worry about next week. :L I'm also heading back from the retreat today, so I need to do a lot of homework when I get back home. >_<
Old January 6, 2013, 05:06:13 AM
Giratina

Aw crap you just reminded me of how much homework I have x.x I tend to procrastinate a lot and I told my mom that I would manage my time wisely but you know... That's not happening. I probably won't even be finished until tonight or tomorrow morning xD
Old January 12, 2013, 04:48:58 PM
Kyurem

Great, now that I'm awake unusually early, I think I'll just spend some time doing something on the laptop until around 10:30 AM then I'll head out for pizza (yay free pizzas from coupons)!
Old January 12, 2013, 09:52:19 PM
Shaymin

Now look, some of you may see me as being a little bit of a rule breaker, but this is no spoiler of ANY content in XY, so I figured I'd share my excitement. Guys. This is the first time ever that a Pokemon game is to be released worldwide at the same time everywhere. This is a huge event. It'll be a worldwide phenomenon. We will all be playing this game at the same time. Everybody who is anybody and is a Pokemon fan will be playing at the same time as you, no matter where they're from.
Not to mention bro, you save money because you have no need to import.

Now that that's oooooooooooover... I'll go back to my hole of sorrow, where I have too much homework, projects and upcoming exams, crunching for time, don't want to do any of it, but will pull through anyways. *Sighs* Yaaaaaay.
Old January 13, 2013, 02:28:21 AM
Haxorus

I to have a lot of homework and I have left it all to the last minitue lol. I guess it's going to take a few hours.
Old January 13, 2013, 04:10:29 AM
Giratina

I say we have a race when XY come out. We get X or Y, pop it in our 3DS's, then try to beat the game before anyone else in the world. After all, someone has to be the first to beat it, right?
Old January 13, 2013, 06:39:27 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I say we have a race when XY come out. We get X or Y, pop it in our 3DS's, then try to beat the game before anyone else in the world. After all, someone has to be the first to beat it, right?
I say we have a forum-wide race for those who don't mind missing some sidequests. Whoever is interested can enter, and whoever posts a picture of their Hall of Fame screen first wins some sort of rare adopt, like maybe the legendary from their version. And no taking a random picture of somebody else's Hall of Fame screen from the internet, guys. That's hardcore cheating.
Then people like me who are sad to have missed out on so many wonderful sidequests will restart their games. We should really do this!
Old January 13, 2013, 06:15:10 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
I say we have a forum-wide race for those who don't mind missing some sidequests. Whoever is interested can enter, and whoever posts a picture of their Hall of Fame screen first wins some sort of rare adopt, like maybe the legendary from their version. And no taking a random picture of somebody else's Hall of Fame screen from the internet, guys. That's hardcore cheating.
Then people like me who are sad to have missed out on so many wonderful sidequests will restart their games. We should really do this!
You and Quaddy got a point. I'll be in my senior year at that point and I won't have to care about school, so I could totally blow everything off for one or two days. And restarting is a genius idea I never thought of, since I hate speedrunning and missing everything. Although I don't know how some people can do it so fast, my teacher beat Platinum in only about 18 hours. But I'll totally be shooting for 3rd place!
Old January 14, 2013, 01:49:43 PM
Rayquaza

So is anyone (mainly Lux) happy or care about that fact that the NHL hockey season is back on because I sure am.
Old January 14, 2013, 02:05:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
So is anyone (mainly Lux) happy or care about that fact that the NHL hockey season is back on because I sure am.
*raises hand*
Old January 14, 2013, 04:55:14 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Oh, so I'm not counted either. Jerk...

I'm ecstatic and all. But I'm just disappointed I can't bet Lux which city plays better... Oh well. Next year, all I know is I'm putting money into seeing two of my favourite teams play. I'll just need to wait and see..........
Old January 14, 2013, 04:59:00 PM
Rayquaza

Why is it that the Winnepeg Jets are still in the South West League?

I'm pretty upset I don't keep track of hockey more since my favorite team, the Rangers makes it to the playoffs every year.
Also there's apparently an entire Wikipedia article now devoted to a possible expansion.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 14, 2013 at 05:01:53 PM.
Old January 14, 2013, 05:09:35 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Why is it that the Winnepeg Jets are still in the South West League?
Probably for the same illogical reason why the Detroit Red Wings have been in the Western Division for longer than I can remember.

And hey, my favorite hockey team always makes it to the playoffs every year too. They've made it to the playoffs every year for the past 21 years or so.
Old January 14, 2013, 05:37:52 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Probably for the same illogical reason why the Detroit Red Wings have been in the Western Division for longer than I can remember.

And hey, my favorite hockey team always makes it to the playoffs every year too. They've made it to the playoffs every year for the past 21 years or so.
Yeah but your team has actually won the Stanley Cup in the last 10 years.
Also they're still more west then any other teams in the East Conference, aside from Winnipeg obviously.

I also would like to see who will be willing to bring hockey to Las Vegas after Phoenix just came out of bankruptcy.
Old January 14, 2013, 05:43:03 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Also they're still more west then any other teams in the East Conference, aside from Winnipeg obviously.
We're also in Eastern Time Zone. I guess we're so west that we're east.
Old January 14, 2013, 05:48:41 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
We're also in Eastern Time Zone. I guess we're so west that we're east.
But isn't Columbus and Nashville also in the eastern time zone?
Old January 14, 2013, 05:50:28 PM
Giratina

Quote:
But isn't Columbus and Nashville also in the eastern time zone?
Nashville is Central time I believe (Tennessee is a bit weird like that). Columbus might be Eastern because it's Ohio, but that's Ohio. Nobody really cares about Ohio.
Old January 14, 2013, 06:01:00 PM
Rayquaza

So do you ever go to any Red Wings or Kalamazoo Wings games Quad?
Old January 14, 2013, 06:15:25 PM
Shaymin

Wanna know what I feel is so weird? Because of the Jets, people actually know the name of the city where I live. Buuuut, I bet you don't even know where it actually is without the internet.
Quote:
Nah, I was fine without hockey, but I feel bad for all of the season ticket holders. The Jets games are sold out in Winnipeg for the next 5 years!
Old January 14, 2013, 06:38:09 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Wanna know what I feel is so weird? Because of the Jets, people actually know the name of the city where I live. Buuuut, I bet you don't even know where it actually is without the internet.

Nah, I was fine without hockey, but I feel bad for all of the season ticket holders. The Jets games are sold out in Winnipeg for the next 5 years!
According to Wikipedia 11% of the people in your city speak French but 0.1% speak it as there only language.

What?

Doubt anyone will every find the town I live in since it's so unheard of.

Hmmm
https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=e...irline+tickets
Darn to expensive.

Maybe...

Man I have either have an incredibly short attention span or more extra time then an human should possibly have.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 14, 2013 at 06:52:11 PM.
Old January 14, 2013, 07:12:29 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
According to Wikipedia 11% of the people in your city speak French but 0.1% speak it as there only language.

What?

Doubt anyone will every find the town I live in since it's so unheard of.

Hmmm
Darn to expensive.

Maybe...

Man I have either have an incredibly short attention span or more extra time then an human should possibly have.
It's funny, because there are actually quite a lot of people who speak French. Though it IS a popular misconception that all Canadians speak French as well. Many don't know anything more that "Bonjour" and "Je m'appelle _____." But don't get me wrong, there are a lot of us who speak French if you know where to look!
It's actually kinda funny, because in my province (a state, for those who seriously don't know), Tagalog is the second most spoken language. There's a MASSIVE Filipino community that just keeps bring in more immigrants. It's kinda sad. I feel pressured to learn Tagalog now.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
Giratina

Quote:
So do you ever go to any Red Wings or Kalamazoo Wings games Quad?
I've gone to a couple Red Wings games before, but I can't afford to go too often, so it's a special occasion getting to go to any sports game really.
Old January 15, 2013, 03:15:10 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I've gone to a couple Red Wings games before, but I can't afford to go too often, so it's a special occasion getting to go to any sports game really.
I understand, I only went to Hartford Wolfpack (Ranger's AHL affiliate) games because my dad had a co worker who would give him free tickets.

I'd go to them too if I actually had a job and somebody to go with.
Old January 15, 2013, 08:55:43 PM
Shaymin

I've only been to a Hitmen's game. (A team probably none of you know of.) And actually like, 2 World Junior games that took place here. I even got to touch Lord Stanley's cup while it was here. :'D

Last edited by Fubab_107; January 15, 2013 at 08:55:57 PM.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:16:04 PM

Bleh, I hate the feeling of being sick. I feel better now, but for the last two or three days, I've had a few flu symptoms. I blame one of my friends for that, but I didn't expect the flu to be this bad on Long Island...

I'm also thinking about making a blog, but I'm not sure what I'd include in one.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:23:23 PM
Giratina

In a blog you would post things that you did that day, how you're feeling, what you're thinking, your plans, interesting things that happened to you, etc. Just like talk about yourself. And you know what? I'm probably coming down with something, too. I had symptoms of sickness this morn-afternoon when I woke up. Maybe I should start going to sleep before 3 AM

Last edited by TurtwigX; January 19, 2013 at 04:23:45 PM.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:26:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I'm also thinking about making a blog, but I'm not sure what I'd include in one.
Think of it as a journal you'd write in everyday, except you don't have to update your blog everyday nor do you have to include your deepest secrets in your blog (in fact, I think all of us would prefer if you kept them secret).

To me, a blog is a decent way of venting feelings when they are building up.
Old January 19, 2013, 05:30:32 PM
Kyurem

Hockey season has finally begun again! Yay!
Old January 22, 2013, 02:03:23 AM
Giratina

Man, I sure am excited to start my Drawing class.
Too bad I'll have to wait until Michigan is no longer the North Pole. Low today is -2 and the wind chill is -20 degrees Fahrenheit. Schools are closed because of this arctic blast.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; January 22, 2013 at 02:03:47 AM.
Old January 22, 2013, 02:53:52 AM
Kyurem

Now that makes me wonder whether winter is good or not. To be honest, I never experienced winter.
Old January 22, 2013, 03:25:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
It's actually kinda funny, because in my province (a state, for those who seriously don't know), Tagalog is the second most spoken language. There's a MASSIVE Filipino community that just keeps bring in more immigrants. It's kinda sad. I feel pressured to learn Tagalog now.
Yeah there are a lot of Filipinos in Canada. I'm Filipino but I only know some Tagalog words, like yes and no. A big accomplish of mine is I can count to 3, not counting zero.. I know some curses too, but that's about it. But its alright because most Filipinos speak both english and tagalog anyeays. But yeah, that's one reason I like Canada... I feel at home<3
Old January 22, 2013, 08:41:02 AM

IT'S SO COLD. Even though I love the cold and barely get chilly, I thought it was freezing today. The wind made things worse too. It's around 21 degrees in New York (which certainly isn't as bad as Michigan's temperature), but the wind makes it feel below zero. >_< Looks like winter is coming a lot later this year than usual.

Last edited by Reuniclus; January 22, 2013 at 08:41:56 AM.
Old January 22, 2013, 11:00:45 PM
Kyurem

Where I am it feels like it's -27 celcius with the windchill. I still wear just a light jacket.
Old January 23, 2013, 04:32:32 AM
Rayquaza

Yeah I'm experiencing the same old Northeast weather Ruen is, it's so cold I'm not sure if I should leave the house today, no schools a closed today though.
Old January 23, 2013, 03:56:13 PM
Giratina

Why am I feeling this insane amount of coldness too? The only part of my skin showing were my eyes and I could still feel the wind tearing me apart. Winter is an amazing season and all, but only when it has snow and joy. Not evil winds and short days. :I Plus a fire drill. In the freezing cold. Who does that?
Old January 23, 2013, 04:00:08 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Plus a fire drill. In the freezing cold. Who does that?
Fire does that. It has more control over school events than the superintendent.
Old January 23, 2013, 04:21:50 PM
Giratina

Well then, fire needs to get its act together and stop causing these things before my fingers freeze off. I almost can't wait for Spring (And not just because I'll have Wreck-It Ralph, oh yes I will~♥♥<3<3 heart heart)
...Is it bad that I think it's funny whenever we have a REAL fire?
Old January 23, 2013, 09:58:42 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
...Is it bad that I think it's funny whenever we have a REAL fire?
Nah. You're just the type of person who wants to watch the world burn.
Old January 24, 2013, 04:50:42 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
That made me wonder how many people in the world want to watch the world burn.

*phones run low on battery*
Old January 24, 2013, 01:08:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Guilty as charged~ Full time pyromaniac.

The thing that I thought wasn't going to happen actually happened. It actually snowed last night. Even though it wasn't much, I should thank it for getting me a 2 hour delay. Without it I would've missed school because I went to bed at about 4:30... again. And all the teachers got annoyed so they didn't even feel like TEACHING. Great day for me, I haven't had a bad one since 2013 started.
Old January 25, 2013, 05:56:34 AM
Kyurem

Hmm...

I sometimes feel like I would prefer status quo in a lot of things. Seems like a lot of things about me hasn't changed. Yet.

At least it's more comfy now with a real AC unit in the room.

Anyway, I sometimes feel like I want to go out more. Do you?
Old January 25, 2013, 10:13:17 AM
Giratina

Considering I spend all my time inside of my house when I'm not participating in some sort of school activity, I would definitely love to get out more. It's usually me in the summer biking all over the city, but that doesn't last long.

2 great days in a row~ This school day ended 2 hours early because of a little snow warning. Now wouldn't it be a scream if it never even snowed? Hahaha~ Unfortunately, I had about 6-7 hours' worth of afterschool things planned, and now they're all canceled. So I basically have nothing to do for the whole day. Oh God, what do I do?
Old January 25, 2013, 10:22:23 AM

There was supposed to be snow earlier today, but it never happened. D: I want it to snow so badly.
Old January 25, 2013, 10:27:53 AM
Kyurem

Makes me wish I lived in somewhere that snowed.
Old January 25, 2013, 10:36:09 AM
Giratina

Quote:
There was supposed to be snow earlier today, but it never happened. D: I want it to snow so badly.
It's actually snowing RIGHT NOW There goes my joke...

Quote:
I feel sorry for you, man. But you could cross this place off your list, it only snows once every 2 years.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:32:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
If you honestly want snow, go to northern Michigan (aka the Upper Peninsula). From what I'm told, they can get an average of 10 inches of snow during a serious downfall.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:36:04 PM
Giratina

Quote:
From what I'm told, they can get an average of 10 inches of snow during a serious downfall.
That sounds like heaven. I want to go there now. I've been craving a true winter wonderland for a looong time. The only time we got something serious was during this crazy blizzard, and I need to experience the magic again!
Old January 25, 2013, 01:38:48 PM
Giratina

Quote:
That sounds like heaven. I want to go there now. I've been craving a true winter wonderland for a looong time. The only time we got something serious was during this crazy blizzard, and I need to experience the magic again!
If you're a sociable person, the UP might not be your place. It's not a very populated area. To put it in perspective - there's more people in the city of Chicago than there is in the northern Peninsula.
Old January 25, 2013, 02:26:55 PM
Giratina

Hah, sociable. Although I'm working on it, I can live without seeing actual people since I have some pretty poor social skills. I couldn't even order a cheeseburger until last year

And now this day has become even MORE amazing~ We got our new PS2 today, just a couple hours ago. Now I can finally play Crazy Taxi again~! (I don't know why the old one just couldn't have been fixed. I'm still keeping it.) Soon we'll have our gigantic PlayStation marathon, playing all my classic favorites from like 10 PM to like 5 AM~
Old January 26, 2013, 03:53:53 AM
Giratina

I really need some more PS2 games. I have this $25 gift card to GameStop and I plan on spending it on either a GameCube game or PS2 game, but I don't know what to get. Any recommendations?
Old January 26, 2013, 03:59:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I really need some more PS2 games. I have this $25 gift card to GameStop and I plan on spending it on either a GameCube game or PS2 game, but I don't know what to get. Any recommendations?
Well if you don't have SSBM, I recommend that Great nostalgia effect, sending opponents sky-high with Mewtwo's OP grab moves<3 Ugh, I miss the Super Smash Bros games... The only reason I would want to get a GameCube, Wii, or Wii U.
Old January 26, 2013, 04:01:58 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Well if you don't have SSBM, I recommend that Great nostalgia effect, sending opponents sky-high with Mewtwo's OP grab moves<3 Ugh, I miss the Super Smash Bros games... The only reason I would want to get a GameCube, Wii, or Wii U.
I have Melee lying around here somewhere. The first SSB game I run to, though, is the original on the N64 for some reason.
Old January 26, 2013, 04:05:16 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I have Melee lying around here somewhere. The first SSB game I run to, though, is the original on the N64 for some reason.
Oh right I forgot the N64 version. I never played that though, was that even any good? xD Actually it had to be... All Super Smash Bros games are incredibly awesome.
Old January 26, 2013, 04:06:40 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Oh right I forgot the N64 version. I never played that though, was that even any good? xD Actually it had to be... All Super Smash Bros games are incredibly awesome.
It's much different than Melee or Brawl. No side B's, no charging Smash attacks, no real Directional Influence when you are sent flying, but it's still fun.
Old January 26, 2013, 04:10:36 AM
Giratina

Quote:
It's much different than Melee or Brawl. No side B's, no charging Smash attacks, no real Directional Influence when you are sent flying, but it's still fun.
Hmmm.. Still seems fun, I'd love to test that out and see how it goes, but the problem is.. I have no idea who still has an N64 around my neck of the woods xD
Old January 27, 2013, 02:57:04 AM
Shaymin

I can still play Super Smash Bros. pretty decently still... I blame my Grade 12 years and me constantly fighting my friend during lunch hour. Fun times...
Old January 27, 2013, 07:29:29 AM

I played Brawl just yesterday after a party at school. I never thought I'd say this, but I got my butt kicked by Peach. ._. I always tend to lose against my friend when we're down to our last lives (We play on 3 Stock matches).

Since I main as Lucas, he has a difficult time fighting in the air, while Peach is one of the best characters at aerial combat. Gah Peach is so evil! D:
Old January 27, 2013, 08:37:16 AM
Giratina

I played Brawl too, at a birthday party I went to just yesterday. I still managed to come on top in nearly every game (about 98% of them) even though only a couple people were a real challenge. It seems that with Lucas I'm losing some of my skill, I might need to practice more with him, but I'm picking up Ness a lot more and Olimar is still god-like unbeatable. Even after not playing this game for months I still retain my high skill level.
Old January 27, 2013, 09:13:56 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Even after not playing this game for months I still retain my high skill level.
I know how that feels like. I always thought the Mario Kart series was a cheap one in general (it can be, sometimes). Regardless, just a few days ago I managed to get back into Mario Kart 7, and I actually did pretty good. I learned that when you play something to have fun (and not to win all the time), it doesn't become as frustrating anymore.

There's this game from Bandai which is very similar to Mario Kart named Digimon Racing for the Game Boy Advance. Even though it was made by a western team, they did a really, really nice job keeping true to the series. The music is brilliant. Ian Stocker composed the soundtrack so well with such great attention to detail in instrument choice for that distinct Japanese video game sound, I actually thought that a Japanese team did the OST. I then checked the credits, and BAM! My jaw dropped as the truth was revealed. Impressive in my opinion, really. In terms of gameplay, I actually like it better than Mario Kart. The game engine is smoother, faster, and you could jump higher, too (which to me is always a plus). I remember getting back to that game after a long time. I actually managed to beat my previous record times for a few tracks. How's that for rusty? : P

Last edited by GalliumGrant; January 27, 2013 at 09:14:43 PM.
Old January 28, 2013, 08:14:26 AM

I want to get back into MK7 too. TPM and Quad should both remember our sessions on SNES Rainbow Road.

Today though, I'm home from school. I hate being sick, it only piles up what homework I have to do and delays what tests I need to take.
Old January 28, 2013, 09:46:17 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I want to get back into MK7 too. TPM and Quad should both remember our sessions on SNES Rainbow Road.
Sounds like you miss being beat on SNES RR. I haven't played MK7 in awhile though. I wouldn't mind playing a few races here-and-there.

Over night, the clouds brought my area a snow-sandwich where the bread is ice and the meat, cheese, and other stuff is snow. Schools were closed because the roads were too icy to safely drive buses on.
Old January 28, 2013, 03:59:13 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Over night, the clouds brought my area a snow-sandwich where the bread is ice and the meat, cheese, and other stuff is snow. Schools were closed because the roads were too icy to safely drive buses on.
We had slight snow showers around where I live. I was actually surprised that the dumb kids of my class weren't going "OOOOO! AHHHHHH!" when they saw it...
Old January 28, 2013, 07:13:13 PM
Administrator

Las Vegas weather can be ridiculous at times.

Normally, deciduous trees drop their needles or leaves in mid-autumn. No, in Las Vegas they drop them in mid-winter. The trees around here FINALLY decided to drop them.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 28, 2013 at 07:13:20 PM.
Old January 28, 2013, 07:15:29 PM

Quote:
Las Vegas weather can be ridiculous at times.

Normally, deciduous trees drop their needles or leaves in mid-autumn. No, in Las Vegas they drop them in mid-winter. The trees around here FINALLY decided to drop them.
...and plants are starting to show signs of blooming here on Long Island. :L
Old January 29, 2013, 09:43:38 AM
Rayquaza

As you can see this Mountain Laurel in my backyard is the hipster of the bunch it's leafs are changing in the middle of winter.

This is common though I've seen it have flowers in the middle of winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018[1].JPG
Views:	269
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	4439  

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 29, 2013 at 09:45:49 AM.
Old January 29, 2013, 10:02:46 AM

I don't get this wacky weather sometimes. .-.

Oh, and while I was home from school I saw a visitor at my house sunning itself on the backyard deck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Feral Cat.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	826.4 KB
ID:	4440
It's rare to see feral cats in the neighborhood I live in. I like the colors on this one. :3
Old January 29, 2013, 10:15:38 AM
Haxorus

There was some snow over in England about 2 weeks ago. As my country is under-prepared for this sort of thing, the whole country comes to a standstill. However I did get a day off school when it happened so I can't exactly complain about that.
Old January 29, 2013, 10:21:48 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
There was some snow over in England about 2 weeks ago. As my country is under-prepared for this sort of thing, the whole country comes to a standstill. However I did get a day off school when it happened so I can't exactly complain about that.
Isn't England in the latitude where they would get snow pretty frequently in the winter?
Old January 29, 2013, 10:24:08 AM
Haxorus

Well I wouldn't say frequent but for the past few years, it has snowed (only for a few days) in December/January/February.
Old January 29, 2013, 10:32:58 AM
Linoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
Well I wouldn't say frequent but for the past few years, it has snowed (only for a few days) in December/January/February.
I live in Michigan, and it snows at least like once a week in winter, if not more. Sometimes we have 'dry' weeks though, but it stays cold enough to keep the snow on the ground
Old January 29, 2013, 10:55:59 AM

Here in another part of Michigan, pretty much right by Lake Michigan, we'll get really wacky weather. The other day it went from snow to ice thunder storm. Twas very foggy the next day. And now it's 60 degrees Fahrenheit and supposed to be in the high teens by Thursday. Michigan gets some crazy weather, but usually nothing like this.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:04:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't get this wacky weather sometimes. .-.

Oh, and while I was home from school I saw a visitor at my house sunning itself on the backyard deck.
Attachment 4440
It's rare to see feral cats in the neighborhood I live in. I like the colors on this one. :3
Wild cats are very common around my neighborhood. As long as they don't cause trouble, I don't care. But it does make a very good reason not to let your cats go outside, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:37:55 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Wild cats are very common around my neighborhood. As long as they don't cause trouble, I don't care. But it does make a very good reason not to let your cats go outside, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
If I had a dime for every stray cat I almost ran over in my neighborhood since I got my license.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:45:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
Here in another part of Michigan, pretty much right by Lake Michigan, we'll get really wacky weather. The other day it went from snow to ice thunder storm. Twas very foggy the next day. And now it's 60 degrees Fahrenheit and supposed to be in the high teens by Thursday. Michigan gets some crazy weather, but usually nothing like this.
That's very similar to the weather I've been experiencing lately. It was snowing just a couple of days ago, and now the meteorologists are predicting it'll be around 70 tomorrow...

Last edited by Cyrus; January 29, 2013 at 12:45:49 PM.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:53:51 PM
Giratina

We don't really have that many wild cats here anymore, but when there were they were all ominously black. We usually have instead foxes and deer. The foxes are nice to look at with their pretty fur, but the deer are too frequent to be cool. Man if I had a dollar for every time we nearly ran into a deer...
Old January 29, 2013, 03:25:34 PM
Giratina

No fur cats near where I live either.. There are these two outdoor cats that are owned by my neighbor and they stray along our street and sometimes in our backyards and stuff but that's about it. However, their activity has been greater lately even with the snow and stuff because of Hurricane Sandy. The storm hit our neighbors' house pretty badly with a tree toppling over and everything