Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 19, 2010, 04:22:21 PM
Volcarona

Default Reducing Spam That Isn't in /b/uizel.

They need to remember the rules, even if they have Mac, they still need to learn the rules, just because of KYA comes in and spams, doesn't mean you go spam with him, geez, at least spam somewhere else or something.

Last edited by GreenLiquid; August 19, 2010 at 07:01:27 PM.
Old August 19, 2010, 04:23:57 PM
Giratina

I do agree, it can get pretty spammy there. I think one of the main problems is KYA, since he spams and everyone else follows, thinking it's fine because an admin did it.

Last edited by GreenLiquid; August 19, 2010 at 07:01:45 PM. Reason: Moved from that board
Old August 19, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
Administrator

Well, the new feature to instantly see activity in the other rooms in VRC has certainly been helping real conversation go into other rooms, but a number of Web-only folks have to deal with that mess.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:43:25 PM
Regigigas

Main is becoming the new /b/uizel, and I find myself fleeing to Lounge or elsewhere a bit too often. I recommend this:

1) Either convince KYA to stop spamming when the room is active, or rework VRC such that his Python script stops working. Currently, he seems to think that it's okay to spam when everyone else is, which isn't really true since he only ends up perpetuating the mindless posting.

2) Moderators need to respond to spam much more vigorously and not join in. I'm probably going to increase the severity with which I respond to spam in the future. Moderators joining in spamming only perpetuates it, as I said.

3) There should be a specific rule against lyricspam. It's annoying and adds nothing.

4) Possible VRC 10.0 idea: I'd like a moderator function that automatically redirects a targeted user to /b/uizel. This could be used much more liberally than a kick if someone's posts really aren't contributing anything productive.

Last edited by GreenLiquid; August 19, 2010 at 07:00:47 PM. Reason: This is supposed to be a serious board.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:54:08 PM
Kyurem

I also think that it would help if we added an message that appears every time you log into the Chat Program that basically tells you that spamming can and will result in infractions/bans. It could also be added to some part of the site chat, which would be just as helpful.

Last edited by GreenLiquid; August 19, 2010 at 07:01:04 PM.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:59:22 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
I also think that it would help if we added an message that appears every time you log into the Chat Program that basically tells you that spamming can and will result in infractions/bans. It could also be added to some part of the site chat, which would be just as helpful.
There was at one time a message in the lower-left of the ChatBox. It could easily be reinstated with an anti-spam warning.
Old August 19, 2010, 07:03:45 PM
Giratina

I apologize for spamming, but you know me and spam.. o3o

I guess KYA does get others (including me) to spam so we should try to stop it. Heck, he's spamming as I post this.

GL also has good points. Maybe if there isn't a moderator redirect to /b/uizel, the user could be redirected if he posts a certain number of smileys or if he has, let's say, over 5 posts in a given amount of time.

I like Kaz's idea too I guess. ;3

And I'm trying to clean this up with you because even though I spam sometimes I want to help you 'cuz.. I'd still like to be friends with you guys and not have any arguments and stuff. Being on the same page helps that.

Also, don't be mad at me. :u
Old August 19, 2010, 09:15:02 PM
Shaymin

Default Reducing Spam That Isn't in /b/uizel.

Recently we've come upon a ton of people taking Main and turning it into /b/uizel.

Now, we need to reduce this, which is the [hopeful] purpose of this board. We need to stop the spam and return things to normal where Main is a fun, any topic [BUT SPAM] place and not spam or a dead chat.

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
Old August 19, 2010, 09:21:03 PM
Shaymin

Closing this.
New topic here: http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=4930