Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 9, 2012, 01:05:22 AM
Kyurem

Default Do you root or jailbreak your device?

Sometimes you just have a device that can do a lot of things, but not quite, because the manufacturer or carrier locked it down. Sometimes you just want the freedom. Sometimes you want extra customization. Sometimes you just want to have the latest in everything. Maybe, just feeling adventurous or something.

Do you root or jailbreak your phone, tablet, or anything similar? Why do you root/jailbreak? (Windows computers don't count.)

I rooted my Galaxy S and installed a custom ROM. I'm thinking of upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), by myself.
Old February 9, 2012, 10:01:07 AM
Giratina

I did whatever it's called when you use Homebrew on your Wii. The Homebrew Channel became the most-used channel on my Wii until I was forced to get rid of it to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 since I was too impatient to wait for the homebrew-friendly version of the update. I remember playing Doom, hacking and cheating on Brawl using various texture mods and other funky stuff, regrowing the grass in my Animal Crossing town, etc..

Unless you count the Gamecube Freeloader, I haven't done anything else that I can think of.
Old February 12, 2012, 05:41:31 PM
Regigigas

I rooted my Android phone so I can take screenshots. I don't have phone service on it either, so I thought I might as well.
Old April 22, 2012, 07:29:54 PM
Giratina

I jailbroke my iPod so I could test drive apps for free and do some things that you can't normally do since iOS likes to limit everything (Only 4 apps on the dock? You're kidding me :I) I haven't rooted my phone yet since I haven't felt a need to because I can download 3rd party apps straight from the internet and it comes with a built in controller (No need to Bluetooth one in or whatever). But...I might soon, just to try it.