Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 1, 2013, 07:10:31 PM
Giratina

The sound of The Beatles harmonizing is like that of the angels singing~ And the lyrics, while being completely literal, have some sort of message I can feel but can't decipher.
Decided to go with the vocal version because forget the instruments, their voices are more beautiful without them.
Old January 3, 2013, 08:05:17 AM
Kyurem

Doomtree - Last Call

...This group usually makes rap. And then they made this. Also, Dessa is an amazing singer <3
Old January 6, 2013, 07:49:22 PM
Giratina

Oh lookie, I found another one. This one featuring the greatest drummer in the world, really my favorite of the 4, Ringo. Something about his voice is magical.

Good night, everybody.
Old January 9, 2013, 04:05:14 PM
Floatzel

This song has a feeling in me to be joyful and sad at the same time
Old January 17, 2013, 02:42:37 PM
Haxorus

a wonderful tune that's really sort of bittersweet. the rest of the album is okay, but this tune is just simple fantasy packed into 5 minutes.

Last edited by Dragiiin123; January 17, 2013 at 02:42:54 PM.
Old January 17, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragiiin123 View Post

a wonderful tune that's really sort of bittersweet. the rest of the album is okay, but this tune is just simple fantasy packed into 5 minutes.
I've been itching for some surreal folk music and this hit the spot!

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; January 17, 2013 at 07:29:53 PM.
Old January 18, 2013, 12:04:38 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I've been itching for some surreal folk music and this hit the spot!
i've got some more if you want!
Old January 18, 2013, 12:11:11 PM

Quote:
i've got some more if you want!
I'd like to hear what jams you have to offer!
Old January 18, 2013, 01:40:59 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
I'd like to hear what jams you have to offer!
Here's three tunes.

this tune is from a 2 disc collab between 2 czech artists Iva Bittonova and Vladimir Vaclavek which has some yodellin and rad avant folk tunes. this, the last track, is some intense stuff. disc one is my preferred one back when i listened to it, warm stuff all around.

from Nico's Desertshore, an extremely emotional album that has the feel of what it says on the cover: a Desertshore. this song is very very beautiful.

a favorite of mine, from The Microphones' most acclaimed album Glow Pt 2 (also his best imo). Most of the tracks from this album pack a big emotional punch much like this one (like Glow pt 2, Map, I Felt Your Size, ect ect). Phil Elvrum's (the man who runs Microphones) voice is just wonderful on this track and most of his other albums, Microphones/Mount Eerie included. Amazing stuff.
Old January 18, 2013, 06:06:17 PM
Volcarona

speaking of things Draggy has introduced me to here's this guy here which is oddly the only tune on the album that has the beauty
Old January 18, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
Haxorus

shut up dude that entire album is great
Old January 18, 2013, 06:17:44 PM

Quote:
Here's three tunes.

this tune is from a 2 disc collab between 2 czech artists Iva Bittonova and Vladimir Vaclavek which has some yodellin and rad avant folk tunes. this, the last track, is some intense stuff. disc one is my preferred one back when i listened to it, warm stuff all around.

from Nico's Desertshore, an extremely emotional album that has the feel of what it says on the cover: a Desertshore. this song is very very beautiful.

a favorite of mine, from The Microphones' most acclaimed album Glow Pt 2 (also his best imo). Most of the tracks from this album pack a big emotional punch much like this one (like Glow pt 2, Map, I Felt Your Size, ect ect). Phil Elvrum's (the man who runs Microphones) voice is just wonderful on this track and most of his other albums, Microphones/Mount Eerie included. Amazing stuff.
I'm listening to these as I lament over my misuse of the word "pouring". They truly are songs so beautiful they make me shed tears of joy, sorrow or some other emotion. The first one sounds like Death Grips sampling material. The other two are simple yet effective things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piexing View Post

speaking of things Draggy has introduced me to here's this guy here which is oddly the only tune on the album that has the beauty
I remember checking this one out and I was HAPPILY IN LOVE with this music. Poland has some of the coolest music in Europe, also found some other interesting bands and artists from there.

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; January 18, 2013 at 06:21:09 PM.
Old January 18, 2013, 06:25:44 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
shut up dude that entire album is great
I didn't say anything about greatness, but I'm not into the twelve-tone-or-whatever sounds of the rest of it

Quote:
I remember checking this one out and I was HAPPILY IN LOVE with this music. Poland has some of the coolest music in Europe, also found some other interesting bands and artists from there.
They were from Ukraine
Old January 18, 2013, 06:27:57 PM

Quote:
They were from Ukraine
Whoopsies. yet, the titles are in Polish and not Ukrainian. Ukranian looks like Russian.

Here's some song (it makes me shed tears of joy, sorrow or some other emotion) so that it doesn't look off topic

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; January 18, 2013 at 06:33:06 PM.
Old January 18, 2013, 07:05:13 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Whoopsies. yet, the titles are in Polish and not Ukrainian. Ukranian looks like Russian.
I presume it's romanized; the text on the cover is Cyrillic I think as are the original titles and band name but I dunno

also I'll post a rock tune that I guess is difficult but was immediately way beautiful to me so maybe someone else will dig it even though they wouldn't have heard it otherwise
Old January 18, 2013, 07:36:57 PM

Quote:
I presume it's romanized; the text on the cover is Cyrillic I think as are the original titles and band name but I dunno

also I'll post a rock tune that I guess is difficult but was immediately way beautiful to me so maybe someone else will dig it even though they wouldn't have heard it otherwise
I gave that track a good and thoughtful listen. Hard to find perfect rockmetal tracks like that

Here's a rock song in a similar vein. It's more of a euphoric track, but in a meloncholic way.
Old January 19, 2013, 05:41:44 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
I didn't say anything about greatness, but I'm not into the twelve-tone-or-whatever sounds of the rest of it
well its def a grower. i've heard some places that Знаєш як, Розкажи by Світлана Охріменко & Олександр Юрченко is more beautiful/heart wrenching. i am still trying to find this record, though

here's another intense song from a relatively new band Purity Ring. the entire album is a little wibbly wabbly, but this song is really atonishing. i first listened when i was half asleep, hot diggity was that one wonderful listen.
Old April 3, 2013, 08:35:41 PM
Haxorus

This one isn't surprising by any means, but...

Last edited by Eagles; April 3, 2013 at 08:36:53 PM.
Old April 4, 2013, 07:08:44 PM

<3
Old April 4, 2013, 11:06:34 PM
Haxorus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUmtn-BMB6o

I wonder if that'll show.
Old April 4, 2013, 11:16:30 PM

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir    

Usually when I listen to various music that I enjoy, I just...listen. But when I play this song, I close my eyes and try to understand it. The lyrics (and the message behind them), combined with this legendary rift...it's so powerful.
Old April 5, 2013, 07:50:54 AM
Haxorus

Probably one of my absolute favorites from Vangelis, the mastermind behind the Chariots of Fire soundtrack:

Vangelis - Theme from Antarctica

The song is about 3 years older than I am, but lovely nonetheless.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; April 5, 2013 at 07:53:19 AM.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:25:53 AM
Charizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPD7wh-6vT8

"Snuff" by Slipknot.

Not what one typically expects from a metal band, but it still is amazing.
Old May 2, 2013, 04:35:48 PM
Giratina

Now that it is Thursday, it is the official one week anniversary of me discovering this song. And I have listened to it about 150+ times.

I've listened to very many songs in different languages, and quite a few in Italian. This is my FAVORITE song in a foreign language. It's a 70's Disco "Skate Music" song. My teacher introduced it to me last week as I was entering first period. She was chanting my Italian name (cause we do those things) "Luca, Luca, Luca..." and I got confused. Then she turned on the projector and showed me the song because she had just found it as well. A mix of amazement and conceit (Hey, it's a song about ME!) made me completely fascinated with the song. I especially love the orchestra and the chord progression, it makes me swoon~

I would translate the lyrics, but it's too much work. It's a song about a woman and her golden-haired boy, Lucas. She thought their love would last forever, but she saw him walk past her window with another blonde dude, and she never saw him ever again. Now she wonders what could've happened to her one true love. Not only do I love the way she sings these words, but I find it closely paralleling something that happened to me once before. Close to the heart~

I can't imagine a world without me knowing of this song. I have to listen to it at least five times a day to feel truly satisfied. It brings my spirits up no matter what and gets me in the mood for skating!

(Also, that dance the dude does at the beginning? I can soooooo do that.)

Last edited by TurtwigX; May 2, 2013 at 08:21:33 PM.
Old May 27, 2013, 03:02:52 PM
Haxorus

"Listen to my story. This... may be our last chance."

Ahh, this game... I'll be perfectly honest right here, I never finished Final Fantasy X. However, I do have fond memories about it from my earlier childhood. See, around 2004-ish I bought a PS2 for what I believe was Christmas. Soon after it, I bought this game, presumably in a Gamestop. Now before I go any further, I'd like to make a point clear. During the earlier days of my childhood, I rarely, if ever, beat the games I bought. But with FFX, I actually went fairly far with it. I still remember being intrigued and made curious by the storyline. And Yuna, one of the main characters, I believe was my first VG crush. Another thing that stuck out to me was this beautiful song, and listening back on it reminds me of playing it with my cousins, along with general nostalgia of my childhood. See, I've moved a fair amount in my time, and songs with reminiscent tone usually stand out to me because I usually think back to the days I lived in different states and how different life was, or just miss the days of the past when I didn't know what reality was like and I was a different person, was with different people, and was in different places. Reasons like these are why I feel like I understand the struggles of moving on beyond childhood more than most other kids my age... Unfortunately, I sold my PS2 and games for a PS Go(I know, not the best decision ever made, but at least I can play PS1 FF games, never owned a PS1). However, with the remake coming for the PS3, I might just get a PS3 along with it for reasons of nostalgia, and seeing how much praise it has gotten over the years; I'll see.
To finish off, I'd like to leave with a quote regarding what nostalgia means to me.

“The Greek word for "return" is nostos. Algos means "suffering." So nostalgia is the suffering caused by an unappeased yearning to return.”
― Milan Kundera, Ignorance

Last edited by Eagles; June 29, 2013 at 05:58:32 PM.
Old May 27, 2013, 09:21:15 PM
Regigigas

I got two songs from Megamang Zero these songs are really good even though I barely understand the lyrics but anyway weeb weeb weeb Baka desu
http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H5UnnPkiwi4

And also http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0PMPIo9jo0M
Old May 29, 2013, 12:29:27 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post

"Listen to my story. This... may be our last chance."
For my final of piano keyboarding, I memorized and played this song. Got a perfect score and a sense of accomplishment.
Old June 4, 2013, 12:05:38 PM
Volcarona

psst
Old June 25, 2013, 03:26:15 PM
Giratina

Oh lovely lovely Michael. On the anniversary of his death I just had to quickly run through all the songs of his that I have. And this one pulls at the heartstrings being the first one that I heard (and liked. I heard others but eeeh.) I even won something for doing the Thriller dance really well when I was younger.
Here's the video, but it's Vevo and they're all ehh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA
Old June 26, 2013, 06:19:27 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post

Oh lovely lovely Michael. On the anniversary of his death I just had to quickly run through all the songs of his that I have. And this one pulls at the heartstrings being the first one that I heard (and liked. I heard others but eeeh.) I even won something for doing the Thriller dance really well when I was younger.
Here's the video, but it's Vevo and they're all ehh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA
Jeez I can't believe that was 4 years ago, it only seems like yesterday.
Old June 27, 2013, 09:08:51 PM
Haxorus

A short song from Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for MSX2, but very wistful, nonetheless:

Old July 2, 2013, 06:36:39 PM

The name of this song is Sad Princess...more like heavily depressed princess.
Old July 9, 2013, 04:20:58 PM
Haxorus

Rediscovered an old favorite that, even to this day, stirs my emotions:

Old August 6, 2013, 01:02:48 PM
Giratina

I can definitely imagine him singing this to me~... minus the one verse where he says girl. I'd feel so flattered if that happened. Actually, I'd feel that way if anyone sang it to me.

How is it that a song in a major key makes me cry so much at that ending piano part?
Old August 9, 2013, 07:20:04 PM
Volcarona

again taking the title literally
Old August 10, 2013, 12:04:22 PM

It's long, but worth it. :3

Old August 11, 2013, 04:59:12 PM
Giratina

Even after the hard hitting breakup of the band, each member found a new reason to stay happy. George especially, who was almost too happy.

This song of his makes me feel that no matter how crushing the storm clouds of depression are, you can look at them, blow them away, and see the bright rainbows that come afterwards.
Old September 8, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
Landorus

I remember I used to tease my Dad for refusing to listen to this song, saying it made him cry... and then I really listened to the lyrics and now I can't listen to it without crying either. This is one of those few times I wish I could just stay a little girl forever...
Old September 12, 2013, 08:32:15 AM
Haxorus

Probably one of the more touching remixes I've heard.
Old September 12, 2013, 08:59:14 AM

The first Halo trilogy has some of my favorite tracks pretty much ever.

Halo 3 - Never Forget

Halo 3: ODST - Overture
Old September 13, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

Final Fantasy 10 Seymour Trance Remix, I'm loving the bass in this one.
Old September 14, 2013, 01:47:04 PM
Giratina

"I should hate you, but I guess I love you~"
This song's words remind me greatly of the stress and depression I've felt in the past few months.
But conversely, the sound and general brightness in Harrison's voice remind me of the great release I felt as I got better. So much better~

Last edited by TurtwigX; September 14, 2013 at 01:47:21 PM.
Old December 22, 2013, 01:41:33 PM
Giratina

An unfortunately rare moment, I find myself totally in love with a new John Lennon song. The opening track to his final album, Double Fantasy, this is (Just Like) Starting Over.

This might be the stripped down version but it sounds pretty much the same, but better.)

There are few songs that can make me cry, but this is one of them. My view on John Lennon songs from his post-Beatle library is that 70% are trash, 20% are acceptable, and 10% are pure magic. This came after his 5 year break from music to take care of his son, and during that time he got over his depression from the 1970s and was just happy to be alive. I can feel the chords singing to me, and it's such a bright tone that makes me smile.

Then 3 weeks after the album was released he was shot and killed. I wasn't even born yet and I still cry.
Old December 22, 2013, 06:22:42 PM
Haxorus

I LOVE THIS SONG. I actually only discovered it a few weeks ago.
Old December 27, 2013, 11:34:11 PM
Giratina

It's amazing. This song came out ~7 years ago, and I've listened to it very few times. Now I not only understand the message, but I can feel it too.

I wanted to use the low quality original version, it's the one I came across in middle school and surprisingly YouTube has ignored it. Back then it was just that catchy song with a deep meaning to the lyrics, I didn't even play Mega Man. Now everything is strange, I want to be able to go back to the past, but all I have are the sweet memories.

This is probably THE first thing that got me interested in Japanese, even though I don't like the language.
Old April 29, 2014, 08:44:55 PM
Giratina

It's no surprise that I've found another Beatles song hitting me hard.

As me and my mom were on the road we listened to it about 3 or so times. Each time, despite it being about a girl running away from home with some guy, my mom was insisting that it was about me leaving her for college. With that on my mind I automatically started drawing parallels between the two, and now I can't listen to this song without tearing up.

Last edited by TurtwigX; May 1, 2014 at 02:46:39 AM.
Old April 30, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
Haxorus

I always thought that way about She's Leaving Home, too. Before I learned the backstory to the song, I thought it was about the parents mourning the girl's leaving off to college. Good song.

Anyways, also by The Beatles is Across the Universe. It's so mystic and spiritual... it's a beautiful experience.
Old May 2, 2014, 01:36:28 PM
Mudkip

Requiem. Listening to this at the end of the last episode of the anime was hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w13s7t4HmhU

so was the last 2 episodes of Angel Beats very sad Anime.

Last edited by Shadow-lucario; May 5, 2014 at 12:53:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add link =3
Old July 25, 2014, 12:12:04 PM
Haxorus

Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You

Satch is just awesome like that.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 25, 2014 at 12:48:18 PM.
Old July 25, 2014, 12:59:37 PM
Charizard

Radiohead - Everything in it's right place

This song was very disturbing to me the first time i listened. The more i listened to it the more it became beautiful. This is beautiful in a very strange way. Don't blame you if you think this is out of place.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 25, 2014 at 01:02:52 PM.
Old July 25, 2014, 01:02:14 PM
Keldeo

Every time this one shows up on my playlist I feel like putting everything down and hugging something.

Also, here's the rest of Chrono Symphonic. Click on it, it deserves the traffic. (Also also, I don't know if it's just me but apparently all of the actual songs on that page are offline today but you should click on that link anyway.)
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 [To Far Away Times].mp3 (3.88 MB, 437 views)
Old August 1, 2014, 12:47:33 AM

Catchy remixes like this always put me in a good mood.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 How Far We've Come - Starstruck.mp3 (2.51 MB, 441 views)
Old August 10, 2014, 05:47:31 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Every time this one shows up on my playlist I feel like putting everything down and hugging something.

Also, here's the rest of Chrono Symphonic. Click on it, it deserves the traffic. (Also also, I don't know if it's just me but apparently all of the actual songs on that page are offline today but you should click on that link anyway.)
Coming back to this one, I learned just now that one of the people who made the remix, Reuben Kee, died about a year after it was posted.

0~0