Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 16, 2011, 07:07:13 AM
Volcarona

Default Subway Battle Glitch D:

I was battling on the green (i think) subway line earlier on a level 50 cap, 2 on 2 double battle, at about my 5th battle, my opponent KO'ed the 2 Pokemon I had in battle at the same time (Baokkie and Shinbora). I had one Pokemon left, my Daikenki.

When I was forced into the Pokemon select screen, the game wouldn't let me switch my Daikenki out. Every time I selected her (I always get female starters for some reason), and selected her icon again on the confirm screen, I got sent back to the Pokemon select screen abruptly without any animation whatsoever.

To simplify: Subway green line, lv 50 double battle > 3 down, forced to bring out last one > Select Pokemon menu* > Daikenki* > Daikenki confirm* > Select Pokemon menu*
-Rinse and repeat sections with "*"

Has anyone else gotten this before? I'm quite confus.

Also, if it helps, I was battling a Shimama and a Warubiaru, and a Sandstorm was active.

Last edited by AnathemA; January 16, 2011 at 07:07:58 AM.
Old January 16, 2011, 10:06:51 AM
Kyurem

All I can possibly think of is the fact that Warubiaru learns Mean Look, but I don't see how that would affect bringing a Pokemon in... Your situation is pretty weird.
Old January 16, 2011, 10:47:57 AM
Keldeo

I had this happen to me before in a wild double battle in Black.
I figure you have to be careful in double battles or you'll be forced to turn off your game.
Old January 16, 2011, 11:09:26 AM
Regigigas

Wow, GameFreak. Just wow.
They better fix this in the English version...
Does anyone know if this happens in D/P too?

Last edited by Leaftail; January 16, 2011 at 11:10:09 AM.
Old January 16, 2011, 12:09:53 PM
Haxorus

I'm pretty sure you have to pick the pokemon that fainted, pick, the next pokemon, then the next fainted or something.
Old January 16, 2011, 07:57:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
I was battling on the green (i think) subway line earlier on a level 50 cap, 2 on 2 double battle, at about my 5th battle, my opponent KO'ed the 2 Pokemon I had in battle at the same time (Baokkie and Shinbora). I had one Pokemon left, my Daikenki.

When I was forced into the Pokemon select screen, the game wouldn't let me switch my Daikenki out. Every time I selected her (I always get female starters for some reason), and selected her icon again on the confirm screen, I got sent back to the Pokemon select screen abruptly without any animation whatsoever.

To simplify: Subway green line, lv 50 double battle > 3 down, forced to bring out last one > Select Pokemon menu* > Daikenki* > Daikenki confirm* > Select Pokemon menu*
-Rinse and repeat sections with "*"

Has anyone else gotten this before? I'm quite confus.

Also, if it helps, I was battling a Shimama and a Warubiaru, and a Sandstorm was active.
I believe I've had this problem before. I believe you have to switch the Pokemon (like how when you look at the Pokemon select screen and select "move") by clicking it once, then moving it to one of the front two slots. I think that's how you solve it.

Besides that, I'm out of ideas of what it could be.
Old January 17, 2011, 06:07:53 AM
Volcarona

GAH! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Sigh.. This time I was training my newly caught Torneos at thick grass in route 15. Lost 5 levels cause of that stupid glitch D:

Luckily I saved.. I would have ragequit Black for at least a week if i hadn't

GPFTW - I forgot to try your solution. But seeing as how I'm focusing on training my underleveled Pokemon on double battles with really strong opponents, it should happen again pretty soon..

Edit: Tried GPFTWs solution, didnt work, sadly D:

anyway, I keep getting this message whenever I try sending a Pokemon out. (Lets say.. Reshiram)

レシラムは

もどすことができません.

Reshiram cant something, thats all i can figure out :/ (and Google translate isnt helping)
Could someone help translate this pretty please? This is getting seriously annoying..

Last edited by AnathemA; January 17, 2011 at 07:21:12 AM.
Old January 18, 2011, 06:31:16 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA View Post
GAH! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Sigh.. This time I was training my newly caught Torneos at thick grass in route 15. Lost 5 levels cause of that stupid glitch D:

Luckily I saved.. I would have ragequit Black for at least a week if i hadn't

GPFTW - I forgot to try your solution. But seeing as how I'm focusing on training my underleveled Pokemon on double battles with really strong opponents, it should happen again pretty soon..

Edit: Tried GPFTWs solution, didnt work, sadly D:

anyway, I keep getting this message whenever I try sending a Pokemon out. (Lets say.. Reshiram)

レシラムは

もどすことができません.

Reshiram cant something, thats all i can figure out :/ (and Google translate isnt helping)
Could someone help translate this pretty please? This is getting seriously annoying..
レシラムは

もどすことができません.
translation:''the reshiram cannot revert"(i'm not 100% sure)

the reason:i don't know

is this helpful?
Old January 18, 2011, 06:52:14 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucarioLOVER View Post
レシラムは

もどすことができません.
translation:''the reshiram cannot revert"(i'm not 100% sure)

the reason:i don't know

is this helpful?
Oh cool, thanks. That sort of explains alot I guess. Would've done that myself but my google translate wouldnt load for some reason..