Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 21, 2012, 02:15:22 PM
Administrator

Default Holidays 2012

How is everyone planning to spend their Christmas or Hanukkah this year? A family get-together? Dinner? Watching a pageant? Caroling? Eggnog? Did you ask for any presents, or would something else make your Christmas satisfying?

As for me, I'm going to be spending Christmas at home with my family. I know they have dinner planned. Mmm, steak. As for gifts, I just asked for a few games and DVDs. Can't really say what I'm getting them in case they sneak on here and read this.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 21, 2012 at 02:21:35 PM.
Old December 21, 2012, 02:42:18 PM
Celebi

Ah, My family is going to have our tradition where 2 other families of friends come over and have a Big Gathering, and My mom is making a Turkey.....then I'm gonna drink A Lot of eggnog...I love the stuff
and for gifts I asked for a 3DS and a Copy of Black 2, and I plan to get my sis new headphones as a gift.
Old December 21, 2012, 02:45:59 PM
Shaymin

My Cousins, aunt and a family my mom refer's to our godparents, come over and eat a turkey dinner like meal.... But I may be missing it this year due to work. So yeah... Probably not much for me...
Old December 21, 2012, 03:57:46 PM
Volcarona

I'm heading back down with my Mom, Step-Father, Sister and all the... other baggage--- I mean step-siblings, on Monday evening (yes... sadly a 4 hour drive on Christmas Eve). I'll probably be down there for at least 2 weeks then return back home here at my aunt's house... and then visit a certain someone before January 14th. There isn't much else to say that's "special" about this Holiday for me other than I'll have Wi-Fi access~ <3 And there BETTER be Eggnog, because that will be my main activity for he Holidays since we don't have any special dinners or anything. The only "get-together" I'm having is a Breakfast with part of my family tomorrow on Saturday and then my Father's family's Christmas Party. It's difficult having a large family sometimes. .__.

Last edited by LugiaDialga; December 21, 2012 at 03:58:29 PM.
Old December 21, 2012, 04:06:29 PM

This is roughly my family's Christmas day plan.

1. Open presents
2. Enjoy presents
3. Eat family lunch/dinner with grandma
4. Wait for my dad to find something wrong with one of his gifts and have it get returned for a refund (as he does almost every year)

Last edited by Cyrus; December 21, 2012 at 04:06:48 PM.
Old December 21, 2012, 04:21:45 PM
Giratina

My Christmas will be as follows:
-Wake up
-Sit at computer for several hours
-Grab snack
-Return to computer for several more hours
-Admire new computer chair(if a computer chair is what I receive)

You see, this year, my family isn't celebrating Christmas on Christmas day. Instead, we're celebrating it on two separate days - tomorrow at my uncle's house and on Monday because my sister will be at my father's for Christmas and tomorrow would be the easiest day to get to my uncle's house within the next week.

I only asked for three things:
-Money
-A new computer chair (mine's falling apart)
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
I'll most likely be using the money for Steam related purchases.
Old December 21, 2012, 04:23:20 PM
Giratina

Me and my mom are going to New Jersey so we can see my family, most of which is in that state. The rest are in like Boston and other places on the East, but I don't care about them. We're probably going to eat a nice large dinner and go out to do something. Me and my aunt are gonna watch The Hobbit together. But that's all I know as a definite. I hope I receive something good.
Old December 21, 2012, 04:38:44 PM
Landorus

Our Christmas this year is gonna be a little different; we're going to have our traditional sleepover at my Grandparents' on Sunday and Monday (since that's what works best for my uncle and cousins), then we're going to go home and do presents with just me, my parents, and my siblings on Christmas Day (we usually just mix that in with the other relatives' presents), and then on the 27th we're going to leave and head to Wyoming to spend about a week and a half with them over the new year.
As for presents, I'm knitting plush toys for my siblings and cousins (I might try to take pictures if I have the time). On my own wishlist, I have some yarn and other knitting notions, music CD's, a game or two, and a few Pokemon plushies, including the Oshawott Ty plush (I love Beanie Babies, and now that I know there are a few Pokemon ones... ~~ x3)
Old December 21, 2012, 04:50:42 PM
Kyurem

My family doesn't do a lot for Christmas. We spend Christmas Eve with all of the relatives that are in the country (which totals to 5) down in the suburbs and exchange our presents with theirs, and then we just spend Christmas itself at our house. As for presents, all I asked for were a few Pokemon plushies (and the inevitable clothes and books are gonna come in from our English relatives who know nothing about me).
Old December 21, 2012, 06:32:50 PM

For Christmas Eve, I'm planning to be at my grandma's house and eat dinner with the family. One of my cousins might be visiting as well, so it should be fun even though he doesn't play Pokemon.

On the 25th, I'm planning to open presents and talk to a few of my friends about what they received. I will most likely spend a bit of Christmas on VR. ^^
Old December 21, 2012, 06:47:18 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
How is everyone planning to spend their Christmas or Hanukkah this year? A family get-together? Dinner? Watching a pageant? Caroling? Eggnog? Did you ask for any presents, or would something else make your Christmas satisfying?

As for me, I'm going to be spending Christmas at home with my family. I know they have dinner planned. Mmm, steak. As for gifts, I just asked for a few games and DVDs. Can't really say what I'm getting them in case they sneak on here and read this.
I'll just be waiting for my ocarina, and drinking a 4 pack of coke that I know I'm getting. Don't have much planned for christmas.
Old December 22, 2012, 02:11:15 AM
Haxorus

Well I will probably open presents, have dinner and spend time with the fanily. Also we would likely watch the Queens Christmas Speech even though I do not really have a care for it.
Old December 22, 2012, 08:52:09 AM
Regigigas

It will probably be the same as the last three Christmases. Wake up, have Christmas Dinner, then spend the rest of the day as if it was any other day.
Old December 22, 2012, 01:56:03 PM
Mudkip

Well, I road trip down to Los Angeles on US 101 with my friends and man, the highway is like a postcard. Seeing the coastline and the Pacific Ocean with all the beachhouses makes me want to summer vacation there.

I can't wait to see what the holidays will bring to me. I'm hoping to bring in more memories with my friends and family this holiday season and beyond.
Old December 22, 2012, 02:47:13 PM
Landorus

Christmas this year is going to be the same. Wake up really glubbing early, open presents, and then take a nap.
Hopefully it's the same this year.
Old December 23, 2012, 12:01:13 AM
Administrator

I think what I especially like about this time of year is getting about a month off from school. It's not really short (like Spring Break) that it feels like it ends too quickly, but it's not outrageously long (like summer) that I need to work or find a project (besides, I finished my project already ).
Old December 23, 2012, 11:41:09 AM
Shaymin

Though my family usually does our Christmas traditions at midnight or the morning of Christmas, this year we are having to do them today in the evening (because of my parent's work schedule). So my holiday season will be coming early.

I also am going to be traveling upstate to have a family (week long) Christmas in a few days.
Old December 24, 2012, 06:12:03 PM
Rayquaza

I don't do much over Christmas I usually just sit around bored all day with my family basically like any other day when my family is home.

Also its snowing in Connecticut right now, its a Christmas miracle!

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 24, 2012 at 07:53:30 PM.
Old December 24, 2012, 06:30:17 PM
Administrator

Today, we made up some pies, brownies, and other Christmas goodies. Those brownies looked really good, but the pies...eh, I've never been a fan of sweet potatoes.
Old December 24, 2012, 07:43:30 PM
Giratina

As I might've said before, I celebrated Christmas early because my sister would be gone tomorrow. Ended up getting the following:
-Socks
-New pajama pants
-$20 Steam Card from my brother (now I feel bad because I can't really get him anything)
-$25 GameStop gift card
-$20 from my uncle
-$50 from my dad (this actually made me angry)
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
-Brand new computer chair (which took a good hour+ to put together. My left arm is going to be sore tomorrow)
-A $200 check from my mom (I did not expect her to give so much money at once)

So total, I got $270 today, plus the $50 from my grandfather yesterday, so $330 total over the past two days. Not bad for someone who doesn't work....
Old December 24, 2012, 08:34:12 PM
Giratina

I already got one of my presents since I wouldn't be there for the day of. A Kindle Fire was FORCED on to me even though I already had a Kindle 1 (Without all the flashy goodness). I apparently needed an upgrade. Still fully appreciative of everything I get. What I really miss was the annual clothes giving, I could actually use a new pair of pants.

I also started working on ANOTHER holiday project out of sheer boredom (And the fact that I want to make a new song every time I go somewhere.) Maybe if I work fast enough I'll upload it before Christmas is over and stuff.

Last edited by TurtwigX; December 24, 2012 at 08:34:46 PM.
Old December 24, 2012, 09:15:13 PM
Administrator

So far, I've gotten a few of my presents. Of interest was a Zoroark plush. Thanks, Yoshi!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 24, 2012 at 09:16:25 PM.
Old December 24, 2012, 10:14:28 PM
Charizard

I got a rock.
Old December 24, 2012, 10:56:49 PM
Keldeo

I got a Creeper from Yoshi, thanks, among other gifts that will be found tommorrow.
Old December 25, 2012, 04:41:22 AM
Rayquaza

It is already Christmas here. I got a Rolex watch, which is stunning. The main event of the day is my sisters' birthday, so they get most of the attention. I haven't bought them anything yet...
Old December 25, 2012, 05:04:03 AM
Kyurem

Well, I suppose I could count the spiffy, new laptop as a Christmas present, because it actually is. Not that it's a bad thing, since it's so much faster compared to the MBA as long as we're not talking about the disk drive.
Old December 25, 2012, 06:04:22 AM
Kyurem

So, for Christmas I got some miscellaneous clothes and books, a total of $175 (50 of which was inside of one of those evil 3D mazes), and a few Pokemon plushies (Glaceon, Zoroark, and Spiky-eared Pichu <3).

So yeah, I'm happy.

Last edited by NismoZ; December 25, 2012 at 06:46:35 AM.
Old December 25, 2012, 08:19:54 AM
Haxorus

I got a new PC, lots of chocolate and some stuff to re-decorate my room with.

On another note, Merry Christmas everyone.
Old December 25, 2012, 08:34:06 AM
Regigigas

Our Christmas ended up the same as the last few. We woke up, had a wonderful Christmas dinner, then watched the kids open their gifts. None for me again, but I did enjoy watching my nephew open his.

Now the rest of the day will play out like any other day.
Old December 25, 2012, 09:18:15 AM
Rayquaza

Forgot to mention that I made a wonderful christmas dinner of roast beef for my family, it was really good.

I got an iPhone 4S it is so awesome, I still need to set up a ring tone and install all of my apps from my iPod.
Old December 25, 2012, 09:40:42 AM
Cyndaquil

I got 110€ ( Yes, EUROOOOOS ) from my family, new earphones ( earPods, and they are really good ) and a new giant TV for my bedroom in my case

Oh, and, Merry Christmas to everyone !
Old December 25, 2012, 09:50:57 AM
Celebi

I Got my Flame Red 3DS and My copy of White 2 (finally)

Merry Christmas
Old December 25, 2012, 04:15:08 PM
Administrator

Here are most of the goodies I got of interest. Note that this list includes birthday items in the not pictured list, as both sides of the family combined holidays to keep things simple.

Pictured:
HP Deskjet 3056A (mostly for the scanner), Halo 4, Pokémon White 2, memory card reader, rechargeable AA batteries, earbuds, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Katy Perry: The Complete Confection, razor, $25 Amazon gift card, $15 Little Caesar's gift card, and a box of Twinkies. (The hair dryer, Apples to Apples game, and Dexter DVD aren't mine.)

Not pictured:
Calendar, lots of chocolate, $340 cash, $100 American Express gift card, $25 GameStop gift card, $20 Pizza Hut gift card, Hot Wheels Corvette set, summer sausage, 5-pack of dice, Zoroark plush, and a book I already owned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5334.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	4294  
Old December 25, 2012, 04:44:55 PM
Rayquaza

Dam Cat your family got you some nice gifts, can't beileve someone got you twinkies though.

Do you think you'll use the Ceaser's Pizza card first of the Pizza Hut card first?

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 25, 2012 at 04:45:03 PM.
Old December 25, 2012, 05:21:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Dam Cat your family got you some nice gifts, can't beileve someone got you twinkies though.

Do you think you'll use the Ceaser's Pizza card first of the Pizza Hut card first?
Indeed. I'm quite surprised they got me all of that.

Probably the Little Caesar's one because I like being cheap. The Pizza Hut one will definitely wait until a special comes.
Old December 25, 2012, 05:31:51 PM
Shaymin

That is a wonderful CD.

I don't have pictures.... So I will list mine.
  • Mumford & Sons : Babal (CD)
  • Marina and the Diamonds : Electra Hearts (CD)
  • Coldplay : Parachute (CD)
  • Kinect Sports Season 2
  • Earbuds.
  • Small containers of candies.
  • Some smell-good stuff.
  • Windows 8
  • Halo 4
  • $130 to Rue 21
  • $40 to Subway
  • Just Dance 4
  • 2 Hollister shirts (both shades of grey)
  • Some Pajamas.
  • Gum
Old December 25, 2012, 07:16:30 PM

Well, I guess this Christmas wasn't so bad as I thought; I did get a few good things. I did manage to take pictures of some gifts, but a few are unpictured. (Unlike Cat, I couldn't get them all in a single picture ):

Name:	Christmas 1.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	4295
Can't wait to play this.

Name:	Christmas 2.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	4296
Batteries for my wiimote and 360 controllers.

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	4297
I love Skullcandy; these are my favorite earbuds!

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	4298
I got a $200 Best Buy gift card from my parents; I'm hoping I can use this to help pay for a new laptop in the future. I also finally got an e-shop gift card. I've waited so long to get one of these and I've already bought the Dream Radar.

Stuff not pictured: New clothes (I got A LOT of clothes this year), chocolate, $150 in cash from my grandparents, Blue Snowball Microphone, Hauppage PVR 2 capture card, gum, and a new wallet.
Old December 25, 2012, 07:17:55 PM
Giratina

I didn't really much beyond what I said before, just a case for my new Kindle and a $100 check. But that doesn't matter, I don't technically celebrate the holiday and I already got a Kindle dang Fire. That thing will do EVERYTHING for me~

The family outing, however, was wonderful. Everyone from my mom's side and some from my dad's were there. We all had a nice dinner, shared some laughs, and I serenaded the guests with my 2-day guitar skills (which were actually really good.) It was great seeing everyone again and I just love New Jersey so much.
Old December 25, 2012, 07:22:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Batteries for my wiimote and 360 controllers.
That ten-year guarantee is definitely trustworthy. Heck, I have some batteries that are marked with expiration dates of March 2012 that are still kicking.

Quote:
I got a $200 Best Buy gift card from my parents; I'm hoping I can use this to help pay for a new laptop in the future.
I would normally say that I don't like Best Buy, but it's for a laptop. I specifically asked for no Best Buy gift cards this year.

Quote:
Hauppage PVR 2 capture card
Did you get the idea for that from me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I didn't really much beyond what I said before, just a case for my new Kindle and a $100 check. But that doesn't matter, I don't technically celebrate the holiday and I already got a Kindle dang Fire. That thing will do EVERYTHING for me~
Oh, you don't even want to know how many tablets (including a Kindle Fire) and laptops were accidentally bought for the wrong folks at my dad's house.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 25, 2012 at 07:23:54 PM.
Old December 26, 2012, 08:23:33 AM
Giratina

This year I haven't asked for anything actually, but I got some pretty cool stuff! In all, I got $280 ^^, you gotta love those envelope gifts . I got a Macbook Pro, a pair of wrestling shoes (think I mentioned those before), clothes, and the stupidest gift I received was... a tattoo sleeve. lol why I got one, I will never know. Never going to use it, probably going to try to sell it or something haha. Oh also, I got a lacrosse stick and 50$ to Dicks Sporting Goods. Probably going to return the stick for another 50$, soo that's $100 Gift Card right there MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old December 26, 2012, 01:08:49 PM
Kyurem

Oh, by the way, I have a picture of my present~    
Old December 26, 2012, 01:55:02 PM

Here's what I got...

New clothes, a replacement headset for the one my dad broke awhile back, a few games I asked for, candy, body spray, a USB laptop light (which is worthless because I never asked for one and I certainly don't need one), a wristwatch that I won't wear since I don't wear wristwatches, and new shoes.
Old December 27, 2012, 08:28:28 AM
Haxorus

I got some of the best gifts ever for Christmas.

A new Cellphone, which can play Minecraft PE, unlike my previous droid.
Skullcandy Headphones, which I've been using as a mic.
A Tablet with a Keyboard, but not that Microsoft one.
KH: Re: Coded, KH: 358/2 (My brother already had it but whatever)
$100 from one of my Grandmas, which I used to buy KH: DDD and Skyrim
UNO, I forget which one because it is in our car.
A bunch of candy
$35 in Walmart Gift cards
A NEW FRIGGIN' XBOX 360 WOOOOOO
$35 on a 3DS prepaid card, which I used for: Pokedex 3D pro, Pokemon Dream Radar, Colors! 3D, and Crimson Shroud. I think I managed to get something else out of that, too. But I can't remember.

I think that sums it up...

EDIT: And, just because, I'll say the best things my brother got: GTA IV, Some Football Game, Some DragonBall Z Game, A Tablet, Halo Reach, Halo 4, COD Black Ops.

Last edited by Ultimazone; December 27, 2012 at 08:33:19 AM.
Old December 27, 2012, 01:47:34 PM
Haxorus

Well, let's see...
A pair of mittens (Buffalo themed)
$25 to a local game store
A navy Converse messenger bag
A really classy pair of Sony headphones
A Green Ranger hoodie that, sadly, doesn't fit
The Doctor Who limited edition giftset
$100
$25 to Barn's & Noble
$50 to the BBCAmerica store
The LEGO book
$10 to Little Ceaser's
Some purple shoe laces
A Sonic Screwdriver Wii Remote
Darksiders II for the Wii U
An Apple charger cable
A jar full of cash and scratch offs (no winners)
A case thingie that looks like a composition notebook for my tablet
A big ole cardboard TARDIS
and a bloody satsuma

Last edited by blueumbreon; December 27, 2012 at 01:48:48 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 11:15:49 PM
Shaymin

*Looks up.*

Lotta stuff up there. I got $50.

Aw well. I didn't need anything in particular this year. (or want really.) I'm just glad I was able to give some of my friends gifts this year for a change...

Man it felt good.

Last edited by Fubab_107; December 27, 2012 at 11:16:07 PM.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:20:22 AM
Giratina

I just noticed Cat. Someone got you twinkies.? lol... Well, I guess it's an alright gift considering they don't sell 'em anymore. If I were you, I'd frame it. Nah, jk but that's actually pretty funny. Who gave it to you?
Old December 28, 2012, 10:50:59 AM
Mudkip

Well, I got to go to LA with my friends this year on a road trip. That in of itself is a great gift as I have now have memories of going long distances with friends.

But then came the other stuff...

A Pikachu Jansports Backpack, Pikachu Bookbag, Pikachu plushie, Red Vans, Yellow T-shirt, Black Jeans, A NES wallet, Pikachu cap with eats sticking out.

Then I feel that I'm spoiled after these gifts came in:

Movie Tickets, Gift Cards, Cash, New clothes, a Flip Camera and Tripod.

Boy, I feel spoiled this year.