Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 6, 2012, 05:42:26 PM
Shaymin

I'm stuck in a stuffy band room tommorow learning how to play two beats over three (ew binary subdivision over trinary) and my four different percussion parts. 8-12 and 1-5.

Last edited by MaRcHiNg12step; January 6, 2012 at 05:42:43 PM.
Old January 6, 2012, 06:24:48 PM
Zoroark

I'm so not ready for the next semester. :X
Old January 6, 2012, 06:51:29 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
I'm so not ready for the next semester. :X
My next semester has no difference in the schedule change, so it doesn't matter for me. I'll just be learning some new things (such as Katakana in Japanese) and Civics will now be focusing on economy.
Old January 6, 2012, 06:58:38 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
My next semester has no difference in the schedule change, so it doesn't matter for me. I'll just be learning some new things (such as Katakana in Japanese) and Civics will now be focusing on economy.
Lucky you. My schedule is getting a total makeover. I have to take Pharmacology. Medicine isn't exactly my strong suit.
Old January 6, 2012, 07:01:29 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
Lucky you. My schedule is getting a total makeover. I have to take Pharmacology. Medicine isn't exactly my strong suit.
Can't you just switch out?

Also, I'm actually enjoying ASB so far. It seems really in-depth as far as strategy is concerned.
Old January 6, 2012, 07:28:45 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Can't you just switch out?

Also, I'm actually enjoying ASB so far. It seems really in-depth as far as strategy is concerned.
Nah, I figure I might as well get it over with.
Old January 7, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle102 View Post
^ Stop advertising.

I'm going to London (Not England) tomorrow. Excited!
I really don't care if you hate me, so I'm just gonna ignore your pieces of ****... K, thanks bye.
Old January 7, 2012, 01:58:05 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
^ Stop advertising.

I'm going to London (Not England) tomorrow. Excited!
which London then? London Ontario?

eh, the England London isn't much fun anyways imho.
Old January 7, 2012, 04:37:23 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlands View Post
which London then? London Ontario?

eh, the England London isn't much fun anyways imho.
London Ontario. It would be awesome if I went to England. No, the London that I'm near is the crappy one.
Old January 7, 2012, 04:46:18 AM
Floatzel

nah, the real London is just crammed with tourists

some of the Arcihteture's nice and I remember the museum being mostly good (although they didn't have the exhibt i specifically went there to see Ź_Ź)

other than that you aren't missing too much I guess
Old January 7, 2012, 05:40:48 AM
Giratina

If I can find a decent enough video game company down in Australia when I graduate college, I might just move there. If I can't find one there, I'll just settle for California.
Old January 7, 2012, 05:51:27 AM
Floatzel

any reason why Australia?
Old January 7, 2012, 06:01:56 AM
Giratina

It's either that, the US, or England. If you ask me, the gov. isn't doing too great of a job here and I've heard about the recent issues in England (such as the debts it owes, right?). But Australia seems like a cool place, but I guess I wont know for sure until I go there.
Old January 7, 2012, 08:50:26 AM
Shaymin

What's wrong with Canada? Other than some places being a little too cold (though the west coast does normally stay at a beautifully moderate temperature all year round) it's awesome up here. And our bacon is heaven compared to yours. Plus our entire population as a country is smaller than the population of California, so there's plenty of room. Even if our economy is fairly tied to yours, ours is still doing a fair bit better...
Old January 7, 2012, 08:52:14 AM
Giratina

Do you have a decent video game company in Canada? Most of the places, I think, are in Silicon Valley.
Old January 7, 2012, 09:23:35 AM
Shaymin

Well up here mostly in Vancouver (so the warmer west coast) we do have quite a variety of videogame companies, but they're nearly all focused on developing games as opposed to producing them... But can you imagine the cost of a home around there and I bet it'd be difficult to get a job when that's such a competitive profession...
Old January 7, 2012, 09:34:00 AM
Giratina

I hear Vancouver has a lot of riots though, so that may be an issue for me wanting a job there.
Old January 7, 2012, 02:41:12 PM
Shaymin

That was just because the Canucks lost the Cup. And the rest of Canada is disappointed in them for what they did... That's the only riot that I believe has happened recently, but you have to admit the US is a lot more violent... A lot. And don't forget our amazing bacon!

Last edited by Luxray13579; January 7, 2012 at 02:41:37 PM.
Old January 7, 2012, 03:38:57 PM
Volcarona

I might just move to Vancouver so I can make it into the gaming industry one day.
Old January 8, 2012, 02:02:24 AM
Floatzel

I've been to Vancouver on holiday once...

All I seem to remember is the suspension bridge(?) and bug museum.
Was a very nice place though

in other news I have the pokemon johto journeys theme stuck in my head
(everybody wants to be a master....♬♬)
Old January 8, 2012, 04:01:06 AM
Rayquaza

I am back from my two-weeks break. I traveled to Lebanon quite suddenly, but definitely enjoyed the vacation. It was so cold, so stormy and so snowy, which was fabulous. The New Year Eve and Christmas Eve were great, spending both in a lot of parties. I also met a cousin of mine that I haven't seen for 11 years.
Old January 8, 2012, 07:06:21 AM
Giratina

Sounds like you had a nice time Spirit. My family can't afford to go anywhere for vacations unfortunately.
Old January 8, 2012, 07:35:37 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Sounds like you had a nice time Spirit. My family can't afford to go anywhere for vacations unfortunately.
I went on my own, from my own savings. My family stayed here in Dubai.
Old January 8, 2012, 12:54:25 PM
Volcarona

Hello. I was wondering... after much inspiration from PRS, I started making remixes to video game music... but I don't know how he can make it without copyright infringement. Plus, I don't know how to share it at all on the web. I wanted to let you guys hear one of my remixes from the legend of Zelda... But know that my skills are no where near as good as PRS at this point in time, as I just gotten into this business.... still, I hope you can enjoy it.... that is, if I can have these questions answered. I have no interest in selling these remixes, cause I'm not a thief.... but my Weavile is XD.
Old January 8, 2012, 03:54:45 PM
Shaymin

I got my class recomendations for next year. AP Calculus, AP Chemistry-Physic, AP U.S Government, AP English 11, Transitional Latin 6, Symphonic Band.

Yay!! Scary junior year! The majority of those classes are for advanced seniors so I have to work EXTRA HARD!!!
Old January 8, 2012, 04:44:30 PM
Giratina

In less than a month, I'll be playing a solo at my state's Solo and Ensemble festival. The solo is Hungarian Dance No. 5 on the marimba. I play trombone normally.

I can already tell I'm gonna get at most a III (I is the best you can do, you get a medal for a I or II).
Old January 9, 2012, 04:25:09 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
Hello. I was wondering... after much inspiration from PRS, I started making remixes to video game music... but I don't know how he can make it without copyright infringement. Plus, I don't know how to share it at all on the web. I wanted to let you guys hear one of my remixes from the legend of Zelda... But know that my skills are no where near as good as PRS at this point in time, as I just gotten into this business.... still, I hope you can enjoy it.... that is, if I can have these questions answered. I have no interest in selling these remixes, cause I'm not a thief.... but my Weavile is XD.
It would be more useful for you if you create a thread regarding this matter and ask for help from professional remixers.
Old January 11, 2012, 10:02:15 AM
Floatzel

you just gotta love Eric stuart, who plays Brock & James in the animé
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrpRpvcWiYc
Old January 12, 2012, 04:15:02 AM
Kyurem

Having to work for rather long hours can be a bit boring.
Old January 12, 2012, 05:58:42 AM
Rayquaza

I received my report card today, which was, surprisingly, good. I had few problems in English Language and English Literature, which made my dad upset. But luckily, my maths mark was excellent enough to cool off his temper.
Old January 12, 2012, 09:35:48 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
Having to work for rather long hours can be a bit boring.
mmm

where do you work amigo?
Old January 12, 2012, 10:12:41 AM
Giratina

Sports Day on Monday - I can't wait! I'm mostly excited for the 100m race and the long jump, which are the two things I excel in. Maybe it's time for a gold medal this year

In other news, I have been chosen as the CEO for a big, annual event called the Business Fair which our school holds. I need to appoint officers/assistants, organize the debates/buffet, manage the fair of student-made businesses and give a speech in front of the Headmaster/Head of Building/some newspaper reporters. It's going to be very busy!

Last edited by Shadow; January 12, 2012 at 10:13:43 AM.
Old January 12, 2012, 10:40:39 AM
Floatzel

wowzers

how did you get chosen?
Old January 12, 2012, 06:35:14 PM
Shaymin

I took my placement test in math a few days ago. I shamefully got 4th out of all her students. That puts me in calculus. I am not going to do well in calculus without precalculus.
Old January 13, 2012, 12:51:57 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
mmm

where do you work amigo?
Some office located pretty near.
Old January 13, 2012, 12:03:23 PM
Floatzel

My parents got me the new Sherlock Holmes book, Sherlock Holmes and the House of Silk, for Christmas and I just finished reading it two days ago.
Man that book Is weird.
I mean the plot is alright and the pace is certainly fast enough. The twists are gripping even though the author signposts a couple of his clues a little to obviously. He's aslo a bit too Dickensian at times (which really isn't in the Sherlock Holes style at all.) and I don't know why every Holmes Pastiche writer feels the compulsion to include Mycroft Holmes despite him only appearing in 2 of the 60 Original stories :s

but my main point is that this book is real nightmare fuel. It's incredibly dark and the nature of the actual House of Silk is probably one of the most disturbing things I've read in a book.
Certainly one of the more adult Sherlock Holmes stories anyways. Would've been nice to have known that at the start perhaps. I don't think my parents would have got it me for Christmas had they known =p
Old January 13, 2012, 12:07:55 PM
Giratina

Quote:
wowzers

how did you get chosen?
My teacher saw me fit for the job and so he appointed me as the CEO.

Quote:
My parents got me the new Sherlock Holmes book, Sherlock Holmes and the House of Silk, for Christmas and I just finished reading it two days ago.
Man that book Is weird.
I mean the plot is alright and the pace is certainly fast enough. The twists are gripping even though the author signposts a couple of his clues a little to obviously. He's aslo a bit too Dickensian at times (which really isn't in the Sherlock Holes style at all.) and I don't know why every Holmes Pastiche writer feels the compulsion to include Mycroft Holmes despite him only appearing in 2 of the 60 Original stories :s

but my main point is that this book is real nightmare fuel. It's incredibly dark and the nature of the actual House of Silk is probably one of the most disturbing things I've read in a book.
Certainly one of the more adult Sherlock Holmes stories anyways. Would've been nice to have known that at the start perhaps. I don't think my parents would have got it me for Christmas had they known =p
Was it written by Arthur Conan Doyle or is it a spin-off book/remake by a younger author?
Old January 13, 2012, 12:21:18 PM
Floatzel

I wish My teachers would give me something cool instead of making me do standup in front of the class :/

mmm well Conan Doyle's been dead since 1930 sadly

No, It's by Anthony Horowitz who wrote a few children's mystery books and adapted a few Mystery novels for Television.
A good choice It would seem perhaps but these days anyone can write and publish a Sherlock holmes book. Conan Doyle's estate is powerless...

I want to write a mystery novel at some point in my life. That's an aim of mine. Not a big one, but there's always such a great feeling at the end of the book when all the pieces finally fall in place and everything finally makes sense.
Such a good feeling ^^
Old January 13, 2012, 06:14:08 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I want to write a mystery novel at some point in my life. That's an aim of mine. Not a big one, but there's always such a great feeling at the end of the book when all the pieces finally fall in place and everything finally makes sense.
Such a good feeling ^^
Everybody at some point has aspired to be an author.

On that note, I started a serial killer story. Despite the fact I'm not a reader, my teacher prides me on my writing. Anyways, I awkwardly made it first person and every chapter is a different character. Currently I'm working on a victim's chapter after she meets the killer.
Old January 14, 2012, 04:58:02 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Man that book Is weird.

I am STILL waiting to finish the Percy Jackson series. There is still one book left. As soon as I am done, I already decided to start with the Sherlock Holmes books. However, I am willing to read the original four novels, not any other spin-off.
Old January 14, 2012, 05:31:06 AM
Giratina

Who has a 3day weekend?!
Old January 14, 2012, 06:25:12 AM
Giratina

I salute Martin Luther King Jr. 'Tis a shame his life was cut short.
Old January 14, 2012, 02:21:58 PM
Floatzel

I do love this pokemon article
http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/928/928023p1.html
Old January 14, 2012, 05:51:52 PM
Zoroark

I accidentally a two minute login
Old January 14, 2012, 05:53:34 PM
Giratina

I was on the chat earlier using the 3DS's web browser. Very useful if my computer is doing something that prevents me from doing anything else on it.
Old January 15, 2012, 01:29:11 AM
Kyurem

Hmm...

You know how effort can make sites look better?

I just redone the tables and added CSS for the tables and data, and things are looking much neater.

Next up, collaspable boxes.
Old January 15, 2012, 06:05:41 AM
Rayquaza

In an effort to increase my weight, I started eating like a I have never eaten before. I can't say that I am seeing changes, but I hope to see ones soon. Does anyone know when would your body start showing a weight increase?
Old January 15, 2012, 06:43:44 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
In an effort to increase my weight, I started eating like a I have never eaten before. I can't say that I am seeing changes, but I hope to see ones soon. Does anyone know when would your body start showing a weight increase?
Nobody knows, but it is not overnight. Try weighing every week or so.
Old January 15, 2012, 06:45:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Just keep eating. It's gonna happen sooner or later. But out of curiosity, why are you trying to increase your weight? Are you considered underweight or something?
Old January 15, 2012, 07:21:14 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Just keep eating. It's gonna happen sooner or later. But out of curiosity, why are you trying to increase your weight? Are you considered underweight or something?
Yeah, I am underweight. My height is 5"11, yet my wight is barely 130 lbs. I need at least 20 lbs.
Old January 15, 2012, 05:44:22 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Who has a 3day weekend?!
I have a 4 days weekend plus an extra few days because of my wrist.
Old January 15, 2012, 06:10:40 PM
Giratina

It'll be nice having tomorrow off. Means I get to be lazy for another day.
Old January 16, 2012, 01:07:10 AM
Rayquaza

I am off right now. There is sports day today, and since I am sick, I didn't go.
Old January 16, 2012, 05:33:45 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Well, you could also just increase the weight of your muscles too
Old January 16, 2012, 06:28:29 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Well, you could also just increase the weight of your muscles too
He'd probably lose more weight before gaining muscle mass from all the workouts he would do. Besides, eating a lot of food is much simpler then having a workout schedule.
Old January 16, 2012, 07:43:06 AM
Kyurem

I had to leave school because I couldn't walk. I got hit in hockey and I landed on my knee.
Old January 16, 2012, 08:54:38 AM
Floatzel

ouch. That's a drag
Old January 16, 2012, 09:35:46 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
I had to leave school because I couldn't walk. I got hit in hockey and I landed on my knee.
Ow... I'm know how you feel.
Old January 16, 2012, 10:51:25 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Ouch! I hope you get better soon.
Old January 16, 2012, 12:02:53 PM
Kyurem

You might say. I took the ice to the knee. Oh forgot to mention after I got hit those dirty players shot a puck at my head. Luckily I was wearing a helmet.
Old January 16, 2012, 09:55:57 PM
Kyurem

Good thing something didnt happen to you that i heard on the news latly about a hocky player from school got hurt (I think someone shoot him or something cant remeber) but hes alive he just got attacked for no reason i guess.
Old January 17, 2012, 04:07:49 AM
Rayquaza

Okay, I came to realize that I really have to start revising for my IGCSE for May. The thing is... I don't want to. Whenever I want to start, I postpone it. This is getting troublesome.
Old January 17, 2012, 11:24:09 AM
Kyurem

Might go and get a X-ray on my leg later tonight. I heard from my science teacher I might have messed up a lateral something. Oh boy...
Old January 17, 2012, 11:25:34 AM
Giratina

Not sure what that is, but I can already tell that's not a good thing.
Old January 17, 2012, 03:42:42 PM
Giratina

I've been pretty bored lately... Someone wanna cheer me up? lol
Old January 17, 2012, 09:06:52 PM
Kyurem

I just noticed I have a 89.98% in English. That's kind of annoying, considering the English department doesn't round up. :/
Old January 17, 2012, 09:23:50 PM

I got an 89.99% in precalculus once, but of course that got rounded up.
Old January 17, 2012, 10:16:34 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Yeah, I am underweight. My height is 5"11, yet my wight is barely 130 lbs. I need at least 20 lbs.
Hi I'm Kero I get next to no exercise and stuff my face regularly while still weighing 120 or less
Old January 17, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero View Post
Hi I'm Kero I get next to no exercise and stuff my face regularly while still weighing 120 or less
I weigh 110
Old January 18, 2012, 02:48:28 AM
Kyurem

I probably am the heaviest member here. Just like how Turtwig is so heavy. XD
Old January 18, 2012, 05:05:07 AM
Rayquaza

Today, I was assigned as the Chief Business Officer for the Business Fair my school is holding on February, 28th. Yay for extra work?
Old January 18, 2012, 10:58:32 AM
Giratina

(Back to weights)
I am 230lbs. at 6 foot, 2 inches. Do I care? Slightly. Do I care enough to do something about it? Nope.
Old January 18, 2012, 12:27:54 PM
Floatzel

My life is too crazy

I have a meeting literally every lunchtime. In fact I had 2 today. My life schedule is cram-packed full.... either way it keeps me busy I guess

that and I've somehow been dragged into the Oxford Debating competition second round even though our team gets utterly destroyed every time. Sigh. I'm too nice sometimes
Old January 18, 2012, 02:07:37 PM
Giratina

Ahh Wrestling Season<3 My favorite
Old January 18, 2012, 02:22:29 PM
Giratina

My friend dislocated his shoulder while wrestling. His arm is now in sling for awhile.
Old January 18, 2012, 02:29:28 PM
Giratina

Ahh Ik someone who has had that quad. But anyways, wrestling has always been my sport although i'm not as near buff. I'm only 100 pounds and 5''! Looking forward for a great year though!
Old January 18, 2012, 02:38:28 PM
Kyurem

Oh boy... fell on my knee AGAIN, now this time I got a huge bruze and it's really swollen.
Old January 18, 2012, 02:42:44 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Oh boy... fell on my knee AGAIN, now this time I got a huge bruze and it's really swollen.
*bruise and oooo that sucks! Broken or anything?
Old January 18, 2012, 03:02:23 PM
Kyurem

No.
Old January 18, 2012, 03:03:20 PM
Giratina

I've never broken a bone. I don't think I'd be able to imagine what the pain is like.
Old January 18, 2012, 03:05:02 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I've never broken a bone. I don't think I'd be able to imagine what the pain is like.
I'm just resting my leg right now. I have a really big lump on my knee cap.
Old January 18, 2012, 03:19:40 PM

I also have never broken a bone before, I can imagine that's it's really painful and/or annoying.
Old January 18, 2012, 07:15:25 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I weigh 110
you forgot 18 < 21

and thats not yet counting the fact I've actually lost weight as I've gotten older
Old January 18, 2012, 07:48:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero View Post
you forgot 18 < 21

and thats not yet counting the fact I've actually lost weight as I've gotten older
So that means you weighed more still at my age

wait

we're not going to get any trophies for being the skinniest

I'm going back to the arcade
Old January 18, 2012, 10:43:03 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I also have never broken a bone before, I can imagine that's it's really painful and/or annoying.
same
Old January 18, 2012, 10:47:15 PM
Kyurem

So whats this SOPA thing? Is it bad right,cause there no way im changing my username to something else cause of this SOPA thing. They can bit me.
Old January 18, 2012, 11:46:28 PM

If SOPA actually did pass, my username would need to be changed regardless, as it is the name of a Pokemon. I didn't give any thought as to what name I would change it to, but I probably shouldn't be worried about the bill, I really doubt it's going to be passed.
Old January 19, 2012, 07:01:16 AM
Rayquaza

This SOPA thing is more disturbing than anything else. Such thing would destroy the main pillars of the internet.
Old January 19, 2012, 07:35:31 AM
Floatzel

it won't happen

too many large businesses with too much power are against it. Doesn't mean it's been a problem has has cost too much money and time already though.
Old January 19, 2012, 08:55:59 AM
Haxorus

Ugh...Just thinking of it passing is really scary. I'd probably have to change my name to Solardinosaur.
Old January 19, 2012, 10:20:24 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarYoshi View Post
Ugh...Just thinking of it passing is really scary. I'd probably have to change my name to Solardinosaur.
heh, that's copyrighted too

http://www.amazon.com/Stegosaurs-Sol.../dp/0688100554
Old January 19, 2012, 10:38:16 AM
Landorus

I don't think it's going to be passed. Even if it does, places like Google and Yahoo have the money to fight it, and fight it hard. It is pretty scary, though, thinking about what would happen if it does get passed...
Old January 19, 2012, 10:42:21 AM
Giratina

Politics can be taken to another area in the forum, just not here in the general chat.

I got my messenger bag from Club Nintendo today in the mail. Smaller than I was expecting, but it's still pretty cool.
Old January 19, 2012, 10:46:08 AM
Floatzel

the only thing I ever got for free from club nintendo was the super mario galaxy soundtrack platinum edition for 4850 points
most likely worth it and I never even played SMG

how much was the bag?

Last edited by Silverlands; January 19, 2012 at 10:46:19 AM.
Old January 19, 2012, 11:02:50 AM
Giratina

It was 550 coins. It's a nice bag too, so anyone who says otherwise at my school can go back to their world of non-Nintendo.
Old January 19, 2012, 11:30:46 AM
Haxorus

I would have more Club Nintendo coins, but I might have thrown out my 3DS club nintendo code. :/
Old January 19, 2012, 12:41:57 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
So that means you weighed more still at my age

wait

we're not going to get any trophies for being the skinniest

I'm going back to the arcade
>arcade
>2012
Old January 20, 2012, 08:01:33 AM
Kyurem

I just bought Mario Kart 7 a few days ago.

Sometimes I wish there were more people here. I usually find no one to talk to in the chat thread.

Last edited by Twiggy; January 20, 2012 at 08:02:15 AM.
Old January 20, 2012, 11:32:42 AM
Floatzel

My amigos and I decided to create a secret society at school today ^^
codenames, a secret sign, hidden agenda and everything =D
Old January 20, 2012, 05:33:56 PM
Giratina

What an odd thing to start. Exactly what is the purpose of this?