Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 25, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
Servine

Default Mario Kart 7 Talk

(not the community, the talk.)

How many characters have you unlocked? Your favorite combo? Do you play online? Talk about it here!

I've unlocked everyone, trying to get coins, and yes I play online.
Old December 26, 2011, 03:56:45 AM
Giratina

I don't actually own it myself, but I did play a bit with my brother yesterday. Shy Guy FTW, amirite?

The new '7' item is a bit strange. At first I didn't know what to do with it, but when I figured it out it became a bit... awesome. I like it.

Also, in case you haven't figured this out, press up on the D-Pad to activate first-person mode and gyro controls (Turn 3D off for this one). If you're going for great times or you're playing alone this isn't much fun, but with friends it's hilarious! It takes a bit of getting used to, but that makes it all the funnier, watching my brother drive erratically side-to-side in front of me while he screams. Brilliant.
Old December 26, 2011, 06:33:17 AM
Kyurem

I will be playing online soon but no WiFi at my house. I only unlocked Mii so far.
Old December 26, 2011, 11:00:02 AM
Administrator

Mario Kart 7 has already become my favorite MK game! Game seems a bit more balanced then DS and Wii where I was getting blue shell'd every 15 seconds (here it's only every 30 ). I love the kart customization and the 7 item is just crazy. I also like the gliding/underwater driving parts, gives a nice change of pace.

My favorite new tracks are Music Park, Rock Rock Mountain, Piranha Plant Slide (love the SMB feel it has), and the epic Rainbow Road. My current kart of choice is the B-Dasher with wooden wheels and Swooper glider.

I have completed 50 and 100cc with all 3-star ratings, 150cc is complete with at least a 2-star rating in every cup and just started doing mirror mode. I have done a few matches online. For those of you who don't know, I have created a Victory Road community online to get together with, the code is: 31-6496-1488-1744

Also, the remix of MK64's Rainbow Road that plays on the planet portion of 7's Rainbow Road is the most beautiful thing ever.

Edit 1/12: I have 3-star ratings on everything in 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and the classic tracks for Mirror. I have all the characters unlocked, it's just a matter of getting coins for all the parts.

Last edited by Yoshi648; January 12, 2012 at 03:29:42 PM.
Old December 26, 2011, 11:19:16 AM
Keldeo

I just unlocked the Mii and that was this morning I've 3 started all of 50 cc and working on 100 cc now, don't really have a favorite cart at this point but I'm working out what stats I have a big preference on staying high.
Old January 12, 2012, 03:22:00 PM
Zoroark

I've unlocked all of the characters, but I'm just trying to collect coins now. I have 3,733 coins as of right now. <3 I've gotten 3 stars on all of the cups in 50cc. On 100cc, I've got 2 stars for most of them.
Old January 13, 2012, 03:42:10 AM
Volcarona

I want this game.... but I'm probably not getting it until later.

What?! they remixed the N64 Rainbow road? That was the most memorable music in my young life! Now I REALLY gotta play it!
Old January 17, 2012, 01:22:53 PM
Giratina

I've had this game for 4 full days and I already have all the characters and I'm currently working on getting 3 stars for everything, but 150cc is crazy.

I find that Toad using Soda Jet, Slick and Flower Glider gives a massive amount of top speed and acceleration, but low stats everywhere else, especially off-road and handling.
Old January 17, 2012, 06:34:47 PM
Volcarona

I have had this game for a while and have gotten pretty good at it. I'm currently trying to get 3 stars in all Grand Prixes. I currently use Lakitu in the Pipe Frame, with Slim wheels and the Swooper glider, though I aim to have a solid gold vehicle one day...
My current combo gives a low-speed, light, VERY high acceleration vehicle.
Old January 20, 2012, 09:34:59 AM
Haxorus

After a LOT of time and effort, I have unlocked all the characters and got 3 Stars on every single cup. Right now, I'm working on getting all the gold parts.