Explorers of Time 8 32.00%
Explorers of Darkness 5 20.00%
Explorers of Sky 9 36.00%
Gates to Infinity 4 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old August 5, 2013, 09:11:35 AM
Charizard

Default Favorite/least favorite Mystery Dungeon games?

What are your favorite Mystery Dungeon games?

Also what are your least favorite Mystery Dungeon games?
Old August 5, 2013, 09:23:09 AM

Mystery Dungeon games can be tough to judge, but I've always liked Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of the Sky.

Blue Rescue team practically being my first Pokémon game on the DS- I also spent a lot of my time on this game trying to recruit the legendaries. The story was okay (I thought it could be better honestly), but I think the music won me over.

Explorers of the Sky was like a step up from Explorers of Time/Darkness with added content and I loved it. Great story, great music, and great characters.
Old August 5, 2013, 09:36:42 AM
Celebi

Dang it, I thought the poll was least favourite and I voted Gates to Infinity.

My real favourite is Explorers of Sky.
Old August 5, 2013, 10:07:25 AM
Rayquaza

I'd rank Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky at the top since the game is the longest, biggest, and has the best overall storyline.

Red/Blue is good but it's too short and the storyline is over rated.

Gates to Infinity got way to repetitive to quickly because of rushed development, I mean they seriously couldn't include all the Unova Pokemon at least? There aren't even enough post game missions where you fight legends. Plus the game is just way to easy compared to its predecessors.
Old August 5, 2013, 10:58:58 AM
Administrator

I really enjoyed Explorers of Time and Gates to Infinity. I just could get into Explorers of Sky because it was just an upgrade of Explorers of Time, and while the first pair were good at the time, they're hideously broken by current standards.
Old August 5, 2013, 11:04:41 AM
Regigigas

Gates of infinity is the only one I never played so in a technical term my least favourite
Old August 5, 2013, 06:24:29 PM
Zoroark

Red Rescue Team. I started with that so its my favorite. Also EoS. Least is Gates. I dont like the weird top down 3D style. Or the only 5 choices. I wanna be a Mewoth dangit!
Old August 5, 2013, 06:40:44 PM
Giratina

This is unfair, forcing a Mystery Dungeon fanatic such as myself to choose a favorite.

But, going by not the game itself but the Pokemon I play as, Explorers of Time is still my favorite. I love Sky and the alternate stories and everything, beautiful touch, but the 2 Pokemon I got didn't win me over. Riolu and Meowth, memorable but not very good to use. And it makes going against the ghost team of Dusknoir entirely too hellish.

But Turtwig and Chimchar were an amazing pair. Even though in the end it took me months to beat the horrid fire dungeon of Dark Crater, the gameplay was nice. Many great 8th Grade memories involve me playing EoT with my friends and English teacher (Who beat the game before me. Again! What a jerk...) Time and Sky play almost exactly the same, but Time will always feel better to me.

But if there's one thing for certain, it's that I hate Gates to Infinity. I mean, I loved many things it added. Dungeon floors without tiles, beautiful 3D models, beautiful 3D, building shops in your residence, quick move access, dynamic dungeons, the *beat* V-WHEEL!!!, and many other things I can't name. But what I hated most were the features that were taken out, things that got me to replay the other 2 games from time to time. The text speed was slow, the story moved way too fast, you couldn't go on multiple missions, there was only one Keckleon brother, Keckleon in the dungeons was made unrecruitable AND undefeatable, lack of a postgame, no freedom of customizing your active team members... It frustrates me to play now.
Oh and the dungeon mysteriosity level. Screw it all.
Old August 18, 2013, 06:31:01 PM
Regigigas

Red Rescue team. I haven't played Gates to Infinity cause I don't have a 3DS. Anywho, I liked the first one best. Personally, I like the music from it better from Explorers of Time/Darkness.

Don't have a least favorite. They're all amazing!
Old August 22, 2013, 07:37:40 PM
Charizard

Explorers of the Sky is the best. For me, atleast.
I loved the story, gameplay was neat, music was good, and the graphics were great by DS standard.

GoI is my least favourite, but it's not bad by any standard. Actually, it's probably horrible by some standards, but to mine it's good enough.
Old February 21, 2014, 05:24:15 PM
Joltik

My favorite is Explorers of Sky. I loved the story and characters and I find myself coming back to replay it every few months. Blue Rescue Team is second. It's what introduced me to the series and I loved the story in this one too. Gates to Infinity is last. While GtI improved upon character personalities in the story, it was really disappointing that the story was so short and they cut out the amount of Pokemon in the game.
Old March 12, 2014, 06:53:02 PM
Mudkip

These games are my favorite out of all the spin-offs! I love them all and don't have a least favorite, but I do have two favorites!

Red: Pokemon Red Rescue Team was my first Mystery Dungeon game and I fell in love with my charmander, but my brother reset my game 0-0. If he didn't do that, I wouldn't have ever found out that my favorite Pokemon to be in that game was Cubone! I just can't stop loving this game and it will always have a little special place in my heart!

Darkness: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorer's of Darkness was so BA when it came out! It had all the 4th generation Pokemon, new dungeons, new problems, etc. and it was just overall a great game! Dusknoir was my favorite add in the game, especially since it was a trickery and challenge. Great games!
Old March 12, 2014, 06:58:49 PM
Shaymin

Definitely Blue of Explorers of Time/Sky would have to be my favourites. Those games hold an incredibly special place in my heart as they are the two most emotional videogames I've ever played. Especially EoT/S for a certain grass starter's sacrifice. And the music! Oh the music! How amazing.

Last edited by Luxray13579; March 12, 2014 at 06:59:54 PM.
Old March 13, 2014, 12:10:56 AM
Kyurem

I cant really say for sure what ones i like as i only have Red Rescue Team. (If you guys get stuck on Red or Blue Rescue teams, Send me your rescue passwords and i'll save ya)
Old August 9, 2014, 12:41:29 AM
Volcarona

Blue Mystery Dungeon gave me major nostalgia memories and was also the first Pokemon game (believe it or not) that I actually managed to beat. The final battle with Rayquaza was pure golden. Explorers of Time was also a great game, but the dialouge was just as silly as before. Primal Dialga being super cool. (why u no Primal Palkia tho?) I can't talk much about Gates to Infinity, but from what I played from the demo I honestly really didn't like it. I liked the fact that the personality quiz at the beginning lead to what Pokemon you were rather then what you wanted to be. :/ Also, Axew can be your partner, wat. Dialouge was also way more cheesier then the previous two I mentioned. The lack of gen 1-4 starters to choose from was underwhelming to say the very least.

Edit: Gengar's backstory from Blue was also pretty cool too.

Last edited by Charizard98; August 9, 2014 at 12:45:04 AM.
Old August 10, 2014, 04:18:48 PM
Volcarona

I shedded the manliest teaes during Grovyles Sacrifice and I am in love with the temporal tower theme so Explorers of the Sky is my favorite.
Old October 4, 2014, 07:19:19 AM
Volcarona

Can't remember too much from these...but from what I can remember, I liked Blue Rescue team the best out of the 2 I played. (blue and darkness)
Blue held more of a storyline and you finding out who you are, while darkness was just like: Collect these gear things to save the world. Not as engaging. However, this is off of my poor memory, so if I'm way off base please correct me. xD