Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 27, 2010, 03:16:19 PM
Volcarona

Default Tails go Bye-Bye?!

Ruh-roh.

Yes, it seems that Tails might never be seen again. From a recent interview with Izikua,
" SO: Will ever return as Tails in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, where Tails runs continuously behind Sonic and / or running?

TL: In Sonic Colours is all about Sonic and the corresponding speed. We conclude that Tails is not ever return to a future title, but right now we focus on Sonic."
Now, we don't know if it means NEVER TO RETURNA AT ALL,or NEVER TO RETURN IN GAMEPLAY.
This was translated from Dutch, via Google Translator, so it might not be true.

In other news, Izikua said that if alot of people want it,SA3 will come.

But not soon. Full interview http://translate.google.com/translat...-sonic-team%2F< there.
Old October 27, 2010, 03:32:04 PM
Shaymin

Uhm, in a recent trailer, Tails was actually shown, plus the first one, where Tails is shown running with Sonic.
I'm sure they'll feature him eventually. If they did they'd get more fan backlash. :\
Old October 27, 2010, 04:23:17 PM
Administrator

Get rid of Tails!? That's like Nintendo getting rid of Luigi. Hopefully it is just a lost in translation thing.
Old October 27, 2010, 04:56:41 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Get rid of Tails!? That's like Nintendo getting rid of Luigi. Hopefully it is just a lost in translation thing.
This

Also, Tails was my favorite character, as was Luigi in Mario. A hero is nothing without a lovable sidekick, and SEGA should have enough sense to get that through their heads. It's like Batman without robin, Green arrow without speedy, Speed racer without the fat kid, basically, a hero needs a character on the sidelines cheering them on, so they can be in the spotlight someday as well. Yeah... they're not gonna get rid of Tails. If they do, I'm blowin' up Japan.
Old October 27, 2010, 10:59:02 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
This

Also, Tails was my favorite character, as was Luigi in Mario. A hero is nothing without a lovable sidekick, and SEGA should have enough sense to get that through their heads. It's like Batman without robin, Green arrow without speedy, Speed racer without the fat kid, basically, a hero needs a character on the sidelines cheering them on, so they can be in the spotlight someday as well. Yeah... they're not gonna get rid of Tails. If they do, I'm blowin' up Japan.
I thought Speed racers sidekick was a monkey....

I really doubt that Sega would do that, take out one of the main characters in the game just like that. There'd be alot of angry fan-boys.
Also there should be another Sonic game where you can raise Chaos...Come on SA3!!
Old October 28, 2010, 06:56:49 PM
Volcarona

Dude, calm down on the Sonic news.

Anyways:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi Iizuka
SO: Will ever return as Tails in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, where Tails runs continuously behind Sonic and / or running?

In Sonic Colours is all about Sonic and the corresponding speed. Tails is present in the game and is also a very important character in the story, but not in the gameplay. We conclude that Tails is not ever return to a future title, but right now we focus on Sonic.
*faceplam*

Really?! SEGA?! This is epic fail. You've we're this close to killing Sonic, Sega. You were this close.

As for SA3,....WTF SEGA?! THIS IS SOMETHING YOU COULD'VE DONE YEARS AGO! Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away. Sega, all I have to say is make SA3, or I'll kill Idno58. -_- (with a bullet bill and a bunch of cats)
Old October 29, 2010, 02:07:44 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
Dude, calm down on the Sonic news.

Anyways:

*faceplam*

Really?! SEGA?! This is epic fail. You've we're this close to killing Sonic, Sega. You were this close.

As for SA3,....WTF SEGA?! THIS IS SOMETHING YOU COULD'VE DONE YEARS AGO! Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away. Sega, all I have to say is make SA3, or I'll kill Idno58. -_- (with a bullet bill and a bunch of cats)
NO!!!!!!! NOT IDNO!!!!!!!!
But anyway SA3 should have been made years ago it probly would've busted Sega out of almost destroying it's future console hopes... I personally would LOVE another Sega console, I remember waking up Christmas morning back in the day when I got my Dreamcast it was the black one that came with that Football game and I got 3 other controllers (Including the memory cards) with a bunch of games including SA and Sonic Shuffle which is an awesome game if you haven't tried it. Awhhh....the good 'ole days..

Last edited by MultiWishMaker; October 29, 2010 at 02:08:25 AM.
Old October 29, 2010, 07:26:00 AM
Giratina

It looks like a poor translation. I'm really not buying it. Sega would never do something like that. Especially since they said "but right now we focus on Sonic.". The 'but' makes me think that it's just a crap translation (I don't ever trust Google translate).
Old October 29, 2010, 11:48:21 AM
Landorus

But.... but I don't wont to be killed....
PLEASE SEGA LISTEN TO THE GUY WITH THE HUMOROUSLY IRONIC USERNAME!
Old November 8, 2010, 06:17:06 AM
Zoroark

No tails? Wether or not it wouldnt be bad. Tails is an annoying retard so I wouldnt mind
Old November 11, 2010, 07:10:20 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEspeon25 View Post
No tails? Wether or not it wouldnt be bad. Tails is an annoying retard so I wouldnt mind
And some people think Luigi is "Mario's turd brother". So, what's your point?
Old December 5, 2010, 08:47:45 AM
Haxorus

Tails has actually been getting some negative feedback since his voice actress was Amy Palent. There'd been rumors that stated Tails is really a girl, and a lot of people thought Amy Palent was annoying. Now that Kate Higgins is the new voice actress for Tails, there's a decent amount people who have regained their respect for Tails.
Old December 5, 2010, 03:16:39 PM
Volcarona

I actually thought Tails was a girl when I was little until I found out he was a boy. o.O

But I think that Tails still going to be in Sega games. It's due to the google translator which translates word to word which doesn't make it really accurate.
Old December 6, 2010, 10:37:31 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby-Chan View Post
I actually thought Tails was a girl when I was little until I found out he was a boy. o.O
^ I was as well, infact, I used to think Slippy (from Star Fox 64) was a girl as well.

Please, don't do this to Tails, Sega. We all know Luigi is better ,but please keep the two tailed fox in for more games to come.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:07:45 AM
Volcarona

Tails was the reason I even played sonic... and what even got me hooked onto the game...

I bet if tails was never introduced, I would have never been a sonic fan. Tails kinda is a big deal... to me at least.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:12:03 AM
Landorus

Tails is probably the only sonic charecter that is importent twords me. Without tails, I would think sonic stuff is probably stupid! :zouralick:
Old May 30, 2011, 10:24:15 AM
Haxorus

Tails is Sonic's main man. They can't just kill him... Also, I hope SA3 comes out someday, and will bring out an improved chao garden.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:26:48 AM
Volcarona

I remember sonic 2... his first appearance... when Sonic rose up form the emblem with the wings on it... and Tails rose up shortly afterwards... I loved tails...

And then he got a voice in sonic adventure.... ._.;

Edit: Am I truly old, or does anybody else know of the game strictly for tails called Tails Adventures? it was for the game gear.... whoooo nostalgia...

Last edited by Nytz; May 30, 2011 at 10:28:49 AM.
Old June 1, 2011, 08:02:56 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
Am I truly old, or does anybody else know of the game strictly for tails called Tails Adventures? it was for the game gear.... whoooo nostalgia...
I played it before on gamecube.

Although, I doubt they do that. Tails is too good. But, if they get rid of him.... Well, that will be sad.
Old January 9, 2012, 10:07:26 AM
Floatzel

Tails is to cute, popular, and important to get rid of. Do you think Sonic would just get rid of his 'little brother'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEspeon25 View Post
<-Look at that, you made Tails sad! >:V

(Pic from DeviantArt by Mephilez)

Last edited by SilverX; January 9, 2012 at 10:08:05 AM.