Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 18, 2012, 05:27:34 PM
Zoroark

Default Mario Kart 7 Opinions

Its been just about a month since Mario Kart 7 came out.
Did you enjoy any new ideas brought into Mario Kart 7?
Do you have other opinions?
Do you think something could've been improved on more in the game?

Personally, I quite enjoy the game. I love how you can use gliders and even go underwater! The customization option is flawless, and should be further continued into following MK games. I only have 2 criticisms about the game:
1. On levels like Maple Treeway or Airship Fortress, when you get shot out of the cannon, why are there no invincibility frames? I understand that adds a little more the game play and trying not to get hit is a major factor throughout the series, but if someone throws a blue shell, it's going to hit you up there and lose your place.
2. Why put Honey Queen into the game? No hate for Honey Queen, but she was only in Galaxys 1 & 2! Why not choose Hammer Bros or Boo? They're much more known.

Last edited by Arceus is Epic; January 18, 2012 at 05:28:06 PM.
Old January 28, 2012, 05:46:53 PM
Volcarona

There are tons of things I love about this game. The music is nice, the tracks have great detail, the 3D is fun to look at (although it can be an eyestrain sometimes),
the controls are very nice, and the updated engine is smooth, yet simplistic, which is great for casual players and hardcore players. Although, for all the good things Nintendo has implemented, there are a few bad things which hold this game back.

First off, the Circle Pad can be a bloody friggin' nightmare. Sometimes you end up pressing the Circle Pad so hard, that it restricts it's movement. This makes it harder to turn your vehicle, which can only lead to wipeouts on the track and frustration. And don't get me started on when your hands begin to sweat. Oh, boy, when they do, you can't grip the Circle Pad very well, only amplifiying the negative effects of the above. Now, I am aware this is a fault of the game system, but I thought it would be appropriate to talk about it here.

The items players use to fight their opponents can be a god sent or a nightmare for you, or the other players. This adds a luck factor to the gameplay. Now I'm sure many of you aren't going to like me saying this, but I find that these items change the game in such a way that skill doesn't help you win very often. Like when your in first place on the last lap with a blue or red shell on your ass, hindering your progress. Now, I know this is a fickle thing but I HATE the luck factor in this game. I've lost so many races due to bad luck. And with other players that were better than me, I gave up playing eventually.

Anyways, I enjoyed Mario Kart 7, but with how bad I am, I really don't play anymore. It's embarrasing.
Old January 29, 2012, 11:46:21 AM
Mudkip

Galliumgrant is right about the eyestrain. But, the graphics are still better from any other Mario Kart game. Retro Studios should keep doing this in the future. Although, I wish you could use the ice flower as power-up. Because its "cool." Seriously though, I wish to see that in the future. But hey, I won't complain if it doesn't.