Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 9, 2013, 06:19:11 PM
Administrator

Ouch, Vel. Well, I hope the results of the surgery are positive.
Old April 10, 2013, 04:26:19 AM
Shaymin

I'm about to celebrate right now. It turns out that Canada gets the EBGames/Gamestop Meloetta event for over 20 days longer than the US, UK and Australia! I thought I had missed it (and was deeply saddened), but in reality it doesn't end until April 19th! What a stroke of luck. Yay!
Also, good luck, Velly. I hope it goes well. :3
Old April 10, 2013, 06:09:16 PM
Celebi

Well, I Finished my Online French course with a 77%
Sooooooo I'm Glad it's finally over
Old April 10, 2013, 07:23:55 PM

I just got back from the most awesome concert in the history of all mankind.

What concert could possibly be this epic you might ask? Nothing other than Weird Al, of course. He did all of his famous parodies (White & Nerdy, Eat it, Amish Paradise). The best part? He came down into the crowd during one song, getting up close to people...and he crawled into my mom's lap, singing directly to her!
Old April 11, 2013, 11:10:28 AM
Kyurem

I just realized that I really should get out more, but I'm also really, really sweaty. I hate getting drenched in sweat every time I spend more than 10 minutes outdoors, but I want to shoot photos. Oh well.
Old April 11, 2013, 01:36:16 PM
Shaymin

Today wasn't even a busy day, but I'm so incredibly tired. My classes have been most easy and fairly boring. I'm getting the hang of this math thing now that I pay attention in class. Math is really simple... I think I'm actually really excited to finally see my report card. I won't get it on the day that they give it out though, I'm going to university for a week! I was one of 3 in my grade chosen to sign up and take some courses for a week at a local university. Funnily enough, the other two people happen to be my best friend (Jenna/Gamernamerjj) and one of our very close friends! We all hang out together everyday, so it must be something in the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I just realized that I really should get out more, but I'm also really, really sweaty. I hate getting drenched in sweat every time I spend more than 10 minutes outdoors, but I want to shoot photos. Oh well.
You should move to Canada. It's 12°C (54°F) right now! This is the most beautiful weather ever, but the 2+ feet of snow is beginning to melt...
Old April 11, 2013, 05:19:16 PM
Haxorus

Well. I have off for tomorrow, but I have to go to math (freshman math in 8th grade at a high school). I think I might be going to see Scary Movie 5 with some friends sometime during the day. Recently, I've been playing a lot of Megaman 2 and X. I got to the end of Wily stage 2 in 2 and I'm debating on whether or not the get the Hadouken in X.
Old April 11, 2013, 06:27:49 PM

I am going to be in Penn state for 4 days going to student acceptance days at 2 colleges. :3

Best part....I miss 3 days of school.
Old April 11, 2013, 11:14:23 PM
Shaymin

Probably two or so pages late... But...
Good luck on that surgery Vel.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
You should move to Canada. It's 12°C (54°F) right now! This is the most beautiful weather ever, but the 2+ feet of snow is beginning to melt...
I guess saying I still have snow coming down here won't matter...

Apparently, a previously mentioned surgery I had to under-go, (Probably no one cares.) might not even happen any more. My orthodontist mentions that my jaw is actually progressing fine for what condition it's in, and that an upper jaw surgery may not be needed.
All in all... Good day...
Old April 15, 2013, 12:30:55 PM

There's been two bombings at the Boston Marathon today. So far, two deaths have been confirmed, and numerous others injured. No confirmation yet about who is behind this, it could be terrorists or just random nutjob.

...what the hell is wrong with people?!?!
Old April 15, 2013, 12:40:47 PM

To think I was driving back home from colleges about an hour ago. I'm so glad I went through New York city instead going around to take a ferry. o_o

This incident is all over the news; there are a lot of people who were injured. I can't help but feel like the entire world is starting to fall apart.
Old April 15, 2013, 05:16:21 PM
Shaymin

3 people are confirmed dead, and 125 are hospitalized. They also found and dismantled 5 more bombs throughout Boston and the surrounding area. Some near Harvard, others near hospitals. This was entirely planned and there was indeed a purpose for them doing this, whoever they are. I'd like to warn anyone who plans on looking into it more; the pictures and videos are very gory, not meant for the squeamish.
Old April 15, 2013, 05:58:49 PM
Giratina

For what purpose could someone have to bomb the Boston Marathon? I mean, some people bomb locations because they conflict with their beliefs (e.g. Religious extremist bombing abortion clinic), but what about this? I have a hard time believing that running a marathon could conflict with someone's beliefs and I doubt a marathon would've insulted someone personally (unless that person was a Persian from 490 B.C., but that doesn't seem likely either). Only logic reason I could see for someone wanting to do this would be this: They are insane. They are sick and twisted and most likely just want to watch the world burn.

The worst part about this is how it's going to affect the next Boston Marathon. Think about it - because of this, security is going to be extra tight for the next Marathon and the entire city is going to be under lock-down for the next Marathon.
Old April 15, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
Giratina

That was terrible. It's nice to see people posting on Facebook on how they're praying and stuff though. My prayers are definitely out to those who were affected. and @Lux, yeah I saw a picture on my Instagram of a guy in a wheelchair with only one leg getting pulled to an ambulance... Very sad
Old April 15, 2013, 11:23:02 PM
Shaymin

My thoughts are with everyone hit by this, whether they lived in Boston or had family or friends there.

Here's hoping it doesn't escalate further.
Old April 17, 2013, 03:02:52 PM
Rayquaza

Yesterday I went Chipotle all the way out in West Hartford and had a long hiring process that I'm still waiting on.

However today after handing in barely any info on a job application last and one phone call a minute go I am now an employee at Chute Gates Steak House right here in my own town.
Old April 17, 2013, 07:49:55 PM

...I'm speechless.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:14:27 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post

...I'm speechless.
So let's see if I got all of that:
The FBI setup two explosive devices to run a "drill," ends up killing three people and injuring 150+ people, then blames it on a terrorist group to have a just reason to place more security on the streets?

I knew our government has done some pretty corrupt things before, but this?
And the government wonders why the people don't trust them... as if they care in the first place.

If they're planning on turning the country into a military state, what exactly is stopping them? They already spend more money on military power than any other country in the world, it's not like a civilian rebellion would stand much of a chance.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; April 18, 2013 at 01:16:54 PM.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:32:56 PM
Haxorus

I heard something on the English news about a fertiliser plant blowing up in Texas. If any of you are affected, I hope you are ok.
Old April 18, 2013, 02:18:55 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
I heard something on the English news about a fertiliser plant blowing up in Texas. If any of you are affected, I hope you are ok.
Heard about that.
Supposedly, the explosion was large enough to be heard and FELT from 45 miles away and was registered as an earthquake.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:49:20 PM
Charizard

Ah, I know a couple of people who live there.
They said it was horrific. I- I'm not too sure what else to say, though.
It's a tragedy.
Old April 19, 2013, 12:22:51 AM
Kyurem

When I read about this a few days ago, I was like, "of all the news to meet me at the morning..."

Seriously, it makes me wonder why the heck terrorists still exist >.< Makes you wonder what if they were removed from the world the next instant. I can't stand them and their don't-care-about-everyone-else attitude.

Stay safe, Boston.

And let's not get started on conspiracy theories. I don't want to talk about them.

Last edited by Twiggy; April 19, 2013 at 12:23:18 AM.
Old April 19, 2013, 04:09:17 AM
Regigigas

As long as there is hatred in the world, there will always be terrorism as a form to express such hatred.
Old April 19, 2013, 04:15:25 AM

Turns out one of the two suspects of the Marathon Bombing was shot and killed by police earlier this morning. The other suspect managed to get away. This happened in an area near Boston and there was a big shootout. I also heard the town where it happened was evacuated completely.
Old April 19, 2013, 05:59:14 AM
Floatzel

Yeah, they apparently came here from Russia, and they have some sort of "ballistics training." No one's sure if they're crazy and just happen to be Russian, or if they were sent here by the Russian government or a Russian terrorist group. I really doubt it was the Russian government, because they really aren't ready to spark any sort of conflict. But we did find those Russian spies a couple years a go, so I'm not sure.
I just don't want ANOTHER military conflict in the world.
Old April 19, 2013, 09:03:01 AM
Haxorus

Jeez, so many bad things are happening at the moment, I just hope this whole business in North Korea isn't going to happen.
Old April 19, 2013, 10:14:09 AM
Kyurem

North Korea has been doing things like this for a long while.

This time... it seems different, though.

One thing for sure, though, is that I hope no war breaks out.

If worst comes to worst, though... we'd need all the intervention we can get.
Old April 19, 2013, 12:01:26 PM
Haxorus

On the lighter side, I'm heading up to the great city of Toronto to celebrate my mom's birthday.
Old April 19, 2013, 02:38:33 PM
Giratina

Guys, no matter how bad the world gets (within a reasonable spectrum), remember what Abe Lincoln said:
"No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens."
Old April 19, 2013, 06:21:22 PM
Giratina

The guy was caught thank gosh
Old April 20, 2013, 02:43:07 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
The guy was caught thank gosh
Oh great. Hopefully now we can stop hearing about it. News of it and similar things are depressing.

This week has been great for me yet again. I have to admit, I was wrong before. Staying perky positive will make positive things happen! And soon I'll be leaving to go to a college tour. I don't know what'll await me there, but I heard it's a fun unforgettable experience. I'm finally looking forward to my future, I choose not to be afraid of it anymore.

Ooh, and this also.
Prepare to be amazed.    

I finished iiiiiit~! This is that Twelve-Tone Sudoku puzzle from before. But I had to print out a new grid that just had letters instead of the staff. This was really fun, I NEED MORE. I'm thinking of converting regular 12x12 puzzles to these.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:09:10 PM
Kyurem

*wonders what happens when you try to play the twelve-tone Sudoku sets*
Old April 23, 2013, 03:58:53 PM
Giratina

Wow, finally back from the college fair. It was pretty sweet going out and seeing how it is. But I think I let go of my fear TOO much. Now I want to be done with my stupid high school already. I can't take it, I confuse myself too easily.

And on an unrelated note, ONE OF THE SCHOOLS HAD BUGLES. THOSE "CHIPS" GIVE ME SO MUCH NOSTALGIA. They even had a CARAMEL flavor! I don't know what's up with that, but they sure were delicious~ Oh, how it's been years~

Quote:
*wonders what happens when you try to play the twelve-tone Sudoku sets*
Oh, I'll totally do that. Even though it'll sound hideous. Should I do it across, row by row?
Old April 23, 2013, 11:38:23 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Oh, I'll totally do that. Even though it'll sound hideous. Should I do it across, row by row?
Try doing something funky with the timings and spacing.
Old April 24, 2013, 05:41:11 AM
Giratina

So I finally got fed up with my headset's speakers only projecting sound in one ear or the other and rarely both, so I replaced it with a headset I've had nearly as long, but have only used once before.

Is it more comfortable? Yes.
Does it make me feel stupid wearing them because of how large they are? Double yes.
Is the sound quality any better? No, but at least the sound is being projected in both ears always.

I need a new headset, but can't afford one. /firstworldproblems
Old April 25, 2013, 01:09:40 PM
Giratina

Lol. Today my new Earth Science teacher (old one gave birth and is currently off) was drawing Jupiter and its spot. He drew it, then added the rings and in the middle of drawing he turned around and said "no guys, this is not meant to look like a Pokeball.", trying to be all funny and stuff cause he's a young awkward little fellow that tries to joke with us.. I was the only one that let out a chuckle ;-;
Old April 25, 2013, 09:58:16 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
So I finally got fed up with my headset's speakers only projecting sound in one ear or the other and rarely both, so I replaced it with a headset I've had nearly as long, but have only used once before.

Is it more comfortable? Yes.
Does it make me feel stupid wearing them because of how large they are? Double yes.
Is the sound quality any better? No, but at least the sound is being projected in both ears always.

I need a new headset, but can't afford one. /firstworldproblems
What's your current headset, by the way? There are good deals for less than $50 if you know where to look.
Old April 26, 2013, 02:30:30 PM
Giratina

Quote:
What's your current headset, by the way? There are good deals for less than $50 if you know where to look.
Some headset from TekNmotion from a few years ago.

I only need headphones at this point, now because I have a desktop mic that's better than just about any microphone on a headset (given that the headset isn't a $300 headset made by the top-of-the-line manufacturer of headsets). A friend of mine searched around a bit on the internet and found a good pair of headphones for under $100 would be the Grado SR-60i series which is about $80.
Old April 27, 2013, 10:05:44 AM
Giratina

Is it me or is today really slow? I thought it was like at least 5 PM here... But nope, guess not. UGH oh well at least it's the weekend
Old May 1, 2013, 02:12:22 PM
Rayquaza

So this happened today

Only reason this is interesting for me is because this is t he first time I've even seen a Nevada license plate, so what are the odds it's from Henderson.

But I know that Cat, Yoshi and Green Man are to busy preparing for finals to get start stalking me.

Also I my dad got an interview in San Diego so I might move there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0076.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	4806  

Last edited by Magmaster12; May 1, 2013 at 02:13:26 PM.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:52:14 PM
Kyurem

Today after moving my brothers mattress around i found my cousins pokemon pearl version game that feel out of the mattress [which has a huge hole on one side] my cousin hasnt seen that game in 4 years since he lost and it was my house the whole time.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:31:29 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Today after moving my brothers mattress around i found my cousins pokemon pearl version game that feel out of the mattress [which has a huge hole on one side] my cousin hasnt seen that game in 4 years since he lost and it was my house the whole time.
Have you returned it? I bet he was missing it.
Old May 6, 2013, 02:18:59 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
I remember once when a friend found a lost Black version on the ground, but he didn't know who it belonged to, so he just took it. The cart was damaged, and it had a bunch of hacked Pokemon. A few days later it just stopped working (one of the plastic fins got bent, getting everything jammed, and he broke one of the contacts trying to get rid of it).
Old May 6, 2013, 06:58:08 PM
Kyurem

I let my cousin he said to me that he didnt want it anymore as he didnt have DS anymore, so he let have. I told him his pokemon will miss him.
Old May 8, 2013, 01:55:34 PM
Kyurem

I got third place today in the 200 meter dash (It was the first time I ever ran it.) So through out the whole track season I got a grand total of... ONE POINT!
Old May 8, 2013, 06:50:21 PM
Giratina

Welp. Wrestling is taking over my life, I go mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays and sundays. then karate on sundays. This actually kind of sucks but whatever... What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
Old May 8, 2013, 10:05:24 PM
Kyurem

Just started trying driving on urban streets. So far so good. (My car pics are in the Car Discussion Thread)
Old May 9, 2013, 05:47:26 AM
Mudkip

had an accident with my car awhile back and now the front air filter fell off recently because of that accident so it looks like my car has an evil smile =3, her name is sheena =p

Yes i named my car seemed right =3

but other than that, just finished 3 uni projects and have the exam next week . . . so playing some games to relax, while i wait for my other games to arrive =3
Old May 9, 2013, 05:58:01 AM
Kyurem

I just went out and sent the disposable camera that I had for processing. Used up all the exposures. Having to $10 a roll, though, is... well, I guess it's the film days, all right.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:40:15 AM
Haxorus

Finally back into Cycling and Football. Has been some good fun. Other than that, I got a Science exam on Tuesday! Totally bricking it.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:57:47 PM

Well, all of my AP exams are now over! I know I should be feeling happy, but I feel otherwise for some reason. Some people can be completely frustrating to work with, especially when they keep pressuring you. (I already had a meltdown earlier today, so I'm bracing for a 2nd one later >_<)
Old May 9, 2013, 06:31:57 PM
Giratina

I only had one AP exam and it was on Tuesday for AP Computer Science. I thought it was a fairly easy test aside from one of the questions on the free-response portion.

A friend of mine decided to take four AP tests for some crazy reason. She actually had to get ice on her hand because part of it started to swell up today.
Old May 10, 2013, 05:20:51 AM
Giratina

Wait. i just noticed, school is almost over. That's actually crazy, I feel like this year just started o.o
Old May 10, 2013, 05:30:46 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Wait. i just noticed, school is almost over. That's actually crazy, I feel like this year just started o.o
Yup, It surprised me too, specifically knowing I graduate at the end of the month
Old May 10, 2013, 05:41:12 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDxImpetus View Post
Yup, It surprised me too, specifically knowing I graduate at the end of the month
I still have 3 years before I graduate. But I heard that goes by fast too..
Old May 10, 2013, 04:22:41 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I haven't even been promoted yet and I'm already catching senioritis. I just feel so DONE with high school. I want to move on even though I still want to be with my friends.
And yet, it's scary, too. I can still remember how meek and timid I was the first day of high school. My, how time flies.
Old May 10, 2013, 04:24:47 PM
Celebi

Quote:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I haven't even been promoted yet and I'm already catching senioritis. I just feel so DONE with high school. I want to move on even though I still want to be with my friends.
And yet, it's scary, too. I can still remember how meek and timid I was the first day of high school. My, how time flies.
I completely agree with you.
Just 3 more weeks until i'm done and then college...scary thought
Old May 10, 2013, 05:03:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I completely agree with you.
Just 3 more weeks until i'm done and then college...scary thought
Don't even get me started on college. It's most of the reason I'm so done with high school. Now I'm putting like the next four into focus mode for it. Oh man, the stress I'll be under. Do I ever get a break? But for once I'm actually excited thinking about it. Yay future!
All this excitement is making me want to do more than just laze around all day. I'm even gonna see if I can compose a song for our band's Winter or Spring Concert~
Old May 10, 2013, 05:13:35 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Don't even get me started on college. It's most of the reason I'm so done with high school. Now I'm putting like the next four into focus mode for it. Oh man, the stress I'll be under. Do I ever get a break? But for once I'm actually excited thinking about it. Yay future!
All this excitement is making me want to do more than just laze around all day. I'm even gonna see if I can compose a song for our band's Winter or Spring Concert~
Yeah, Focus is right.
I'm going to have to seriously drop my procrastination habit by this summer.
and begin to focus on school...and lets not start on stress >_<
Old May 10, 2013, 05:22:54 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Yeah, Focus is right.
I'm going to have to seriously drop my procrastination habit by this summer.
and begin to focus on school...and lets not start on stress >_<
You could always master your procrastination and have it work for your benefit. I tried that once and it helped me score an A on an art related project. But the stress is something that's not gonna just disappear. Oh no, that'll be a trip...
Speaking of stress, all this talk of finals and AP exams taking up lives scared me, but it was sooooo over exaggerated. I had mine for AP Lang and it was so totally like NO big deal. It was easy peasy lemon squeezy sugar breezy eggs-over-easy. Pre-Calc was also a breeze (a fun one, too~) and the rest I have to do next week.
Old May 10, 2013, 05:51:23 PM
Celebi

Quote:
You could always master your procrastination and have it work for your benefit. I tried that once and it helped me score an A on an art related project. But the stress is something that's not gonna just disappear. Oh no, that'll be a trip...
Speaking of stress, all this talk of finals and AP exams taking up lives scared me, but it was sooooo over exaggerated. I had mine for AP Lang and it was so totally like NO big deal. It was easy peasy lemon squeezy sugar breezy eggs-over-easy. Pre-Calc was also a breeze (a fun one, too~) and the rest I have to do next week.
Hmmm....mastering my Procrastination could work..
and congrats on your first two AP Exams
Old May 11, 2013, 09:05:04 AM
Kyurem

I just realized that "that that" isn't flagged by my browser because of legitimate uses in comparison to other repeated words. Huh. Sometimes you learn something when you think you already have.

My feet feels... weird today.
Old May 11, 2013, 09:10:16 AM
Haxorus

Had my last day of school uniform yesterday! I finish school completley on Thursday but I have to go back for 7 exams.

Pretty nervous for Chemistry/ History/ Mathematics exams in particular but I am going to start studying loads soon.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Old May 11, 2013, 09:30:12 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
Had my last day of school uniform yesterday! I finish school completley on Thursday but I have to go back for 7 exams.

Pretty nervous for Chemistry/ History/ Mathematics exams in particular but I am going to start studying loads soon.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
I'm sort of good, but I have stuff to do for the next 9 days.
Old May 11, 2013, 05:35:21 PM
Haxorus

I still exist

Lol, I haven't posted on this site in forever.
Old May 11, 2013, 07:14:34 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimazone View Post
I still exist
No you don't you're just a figment of my imagination.
Old May 13, 2013, 06:51:12 AM
Kyurem

Do you believe in your... imagination?

I kid, I kid. Sometimes I go crazy with my imagination during night time, though.
Old May 13, 2013, 07:14:30 AM
Haxorus

2/ 10 Exams down today, French 1 and French 2. I have a long month ahead. XD
Old May 13, 2013, 01:29:44 PM

I just got fitted for my tuxedo for prom. It's hard to believe that it's in about a week, I'm so nervous and excited!
Old May 13, 2013, 01:40:51 PM
Shaymin

16 days until graduation then summer. Already got half my summer assignment.
Old May 13, 2013, 02:36:55 PM
Shaymin

I still have 23 school days left before my final day, and then exams start on June 17th. We haven't been given the exam schedules yet, but I'm so glad to only have 3 exams, and they're quite simple! Basically all of my difficult classes were last semester, so I only have a math exam, a Canadian history exam and a chemistry exam! (Gym has no exam, and English's exam has been replaced with our IB World Lit. assignment, which is an over-hyped literary analysis.) I can't believe how quickly school has gone by!
Old May 13, 2013, 04:33:25 PM
Giratina

So, school talk? K'

My last day is June 7th. I don't know how many days I have left since I don't feel like counting. Do the math. For many classes I'll have two finals; one for the seniors and another for us because teachers are cruel and evil. I just know AP Lang is over since I took the AP Test. I already took a World History test, Pre-Calc test is tomorrow, Biotech final is a project, we write music for Music Theory, and the rest is unknown to me.

This has been a perfect school year from December onward. I'm sad it's rushing by all fast and all my (few) new senior friends are leaving me. But... that'll be me next year as well... I'm so gonna throw up.

Quote:
I'm so nervous and excited!
It's good to feel nervouscited! I hope you can slow dance~
Old May 13, 2013, 04:39:37 PM
Celebi

On the Topic of School
I graduate on the 29th, which is also my Mom's Birthday, (A Major Plus)
But wow..4 years in the blink of an eye.
Now i'm just keeping my grades up until Finals on the 22nd and 23rd
Old May 13, 2013, 06:06:28 PM
Giratina

My first day of Comprehensive Exams (my school's version of finals) is June 10th. Final day of school is June 18. It's getting closer and closer but too far away.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:01:00 PM
Haxorus

I leave on Thursday! (16th)
Hopefully I don't procastinate too much....
Old May 14, 2013, 01:35:10 AM
Shaymin

My immune system sucks......

I've been laying in bed for hours trying to sleep now. But this constant fever and nose blockage is driving me insane....

It's 3 am and I have to get up at 8:30... Good luck to all of you on your exams, whenever they happen.
Old May 14, 2013, 09:48:52 AM
Administrator

Interestingly, your immune system is directly affected by how much sleep you get. Sleep allows your immune system to charge, so the less sleep you get (below a certain minimum of safe sleeping, of course) the weaker your immune system is.
Old May 15, 2013, 02:04:57 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Interestingly, your immune system is directly affected by how much sleep you get. Sleep allows your immune system to charge, so the less sleep you get (below a certain minimum of safe sleeping, of course) the weaker your immune system is.
*nodnods*

I try to get at least 8 hours these days. I feel very strange if I get shortchanged on this.

Since tomorrow's class's at 8:30 AM (ugh), I need to be in bed early.

And I don't feel so hot today.

Last edited by Twiggy; May 15, 2013 at 02:05:13 AM.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:50:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
hot
Speaking of heat, it's over 100°F (37°C) here, and it will pretty much be like that during the daytime until late August.
Old May 15, 2013, 04:25:31 PM
Shaymin

Took my AP US history exam. Guess who's not getting a five.
Old May 15, 2013, 06:09:20 PM
Rayquaza

Okay I finished my math final and last thing I want to think about is school for the next two weeks.
Old May 15, 2013, 07:38:06 PM
Administrator

Well, my semester is over. No idea what my grades are. *eyes report card thread*
Old May 15, 2013, 07:40:27 PM
Celebi

Wow This talk about finals is actually scaring me ._.
I have a week until mine and I haven't even started studying yet
Old May 15, 2013, 08:09:21 PM
Kyurem

Finals? Well, I'll be wrapping up the year in a month. Just two more exams to get through. Shouldn't be a problem, I hope. I'm not much of a memorizer - I prefer to make things up along for the ride (and it mostly works).
Old May 15, 2013, 08:27:54 PM
Giratina

Hooray for end of the year festivities! We just had our Spring Concert today at the school. While I couldn't be in it because I couldn't take the band class this year, I was helping out a lot with setup and carrying instruments for people. My little trolls sounded pretty amazing this year, too *Tear* This is only getting me excited for next year when I strut into the bandroom with my 3 instruments! We even got these lame-but-cool dogtag things at the end that signify that "we're in a band family." Pretty stupid, but I kind of like the design.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:30:01 AM
Haxorus

I have finished school! Loads of people (girls in particular) were crying as they realised this will be the last time they see some people. As for me, I didn't cry.... honest!
Old May 16, 2013, 06:35:04 PM
Charizard

It's time for this semester to end, and to begin to register for next semester.
And time for the College to have problems with my transcripts once more!
Old May 16, 2013, 09:04:20 PM
Regigigas

Going to my friends lake for their bday!!!!!!!!!!! but that means i'll be inactive
Old May 18, 2013, 12:32:50 PM
Kyurem

Today I got to drive the RX-7. Today is a good day.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:01:29 PM
Giratina

Not for me it isn't. Rain, rain, rain all day here in NY... It really sucks, I was planning to play some basketball, after seeing my beloved Knicks get eliminated.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:06:30 PM
Giratina

The clouds here look like they'll start pouring down on us, but nothing's happened so far. The air is nice, it's finally warm, perfect weather for biking. Just perfect enough for me to stay inside all day and make music.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:07:34 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Not for me it isn't. Rain, rain, rain all day here in NY...
Hey, May I have some of that rain here In Cali..it's starting to get to that point where it gets pretty hot
Old May 19, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

If April showers bring May flowers, why are we getting all the rain in May? :c
Old May 19, 2013, 07:02:11 PM
Celebi

Quote:
If April showers bring May flowers, why are we getting all the rain in May? :c
Cause Mother Nature has got her months mixed up
Old May 20, 2013, 01:28:37 AM
Haxorus

Ah it's absolutely freezing over here.

Chemistry exam in 3 hours.
Old May 20, 2013, 01:57:07 AM
Administrator

Can I borrow the rain and cold for a few days?
Old May 20, 2013, 03:28:06 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Can I borrow the rain and cold for a few days?
I want it even more! Can we share?
Old May 20, 2013, 12:24:57 PM

I think I might be getting sick. >_< When I walked into school and took my exam, my throat started bothering me and I started to worry that I might be sick at prom.

Any quick solutions to cure a cold before it gets worse?
Old May 20, 2013, 01:51:27 PM
Giratina

@Cat and Twiggy;

PLEASE. TAKE THE RAIN. I'M ABSOLUTELY SICK OF IT. I really hate the rain, it restricts me so much..
Old May 20, 2013, 02:14:08 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I think I might be getting sick. >_< When I walked into school and took my exam, my throat started bothering me and I started to worry that I might be sick at prom.

Any quick solutions to cure a cold before it gets worse?
Water. Rest. Restrict stress inducing activities. Limit hard work. Vitamins...

That typically helps me.