Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favorite generation?
Kanto 6 20.00%
Johto 13 43.33%
Hoenn 18 60.00%
Sinnoh 9 30.00%
Unova 10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old July 24, 2011, 12:02:21 AM
Banned

Default Favourite Region!

This may be a very contraversal debate, Which is your favourite region in the main series Pokemon games or anime? Mine are, Kanto, Johto and Unova, I hate people from Hoenn and Sinnoh, Weather addicts and Nostalgia addicts, that's all Hoenn and Sinnoh are! I can make lots of comments towards these people from these regions because I hate them! I have a blood oath against them! If Justin Bieber were touring the Pokemon World, he wouldn't go any where near those regions! That's where all the refugees come from, they should stay in their own region! Not go to Kanto, Johto and Unova.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; July 24, 2011 at 05:00:12 AM. Reason: Not serious
Old July 24, 2011, 12:10:43 AM
Kyurem

...Oy, I have to stop replying to your threads (I barely avoided this other one), but meh, I'm bored...

Frankly, Hoenn kicks ass. I hate the games themselves (for largely mechanical reasonings), but the region is downright amazing. Everything about it. Also the crime syndicates. Also the legends. All of it.

Sinnoh is also amazing, and I love the snowy parts, and the legends (again), but on the whole its just not so new.

Unova on the other hand has so many landmarks, and the seasons are just awesome. I find it to on the whole be a bit lacking in terms of legend and story, though, so frankly it (for now) is third to Sinnoh. Hopefully WhiteGold (as I wish to officially start calling "Grey" to change things up -- Nintendo is thought to have the trademark for it anywho, and it is a Silverish substance ) will improve on that, though.

Kanto and Johto? No character. None. Just, I mean, the games were awesome, the regions: meh.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; July 24, 2011 at 12:11:21 AM.
Old July 24, 2011, 06:07:00 PM
Haxorus

I liked your post because I agree with you for the most part. I actually really enjoyed the gen 3 games (really just Ruby and Sapphire, the others were OK).

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 29, 2011 at 08:36:25 AM.
Old July 25, 2011, 07:26:52 AM
Landorus

The hoenn was for all of the reasons that freeze said, but also because it was full of adventure. getting through a cave was just pure adventure.

Problem with unova is the fact their wasn't to much adventure:the region was a big oval, but I guess their is a fact that their was beatiful scenery and abundant pokemon.

The big part of sinnoh was fun to explore. The distorten world is a puzzle, a big fun one to. Like the hoenn, to get through Victory road, was a wild goose chase.

Kanto and Jotho weren't to fun...
Old July 25, 2011, 12:03:37 PM
Charizard

I actually forget which region is in HG/SS, but that one I really like. And Sinnoh I like aswell.
Old July 25, 2011, 12:05:08 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucaria View Post
I actually forget which region is in HG/SS, but that one I really like. And Sinnoh I like aswell.
That the Johto region. I guess it is an okay region...
Old July 26, 2011, 12:33:31 PM

This isn't a debate, this is a Pokemon poll disguised as a debate. *moves*

My favorite region is Johto. Pokemon Gold was my first game, so Johto felt like my home country (in Pokemon terms). All good memories of my childhood originate there.
Old July 26, 2011, 03:08:01 PM
Rayquaza

I liked Sinnoh the most because it had the most pokemon you could use on your in game team.

That and it didn't have many annoying water routes.
Old July 26, 2011, 04:15:18 PM
Volcarona

I liked Hoenn... it seemed to be the largest region of them all due to their largest sea out of all the versions, and it was fun exploring the region. Highly adventurous.

Last edited by Nytz; July 26, 2011 at 04:15:50 PM.
Old July 26, 2011, 06:55:00 PM
Giratina

I like Sinnoh, only because they have my two favorite pokemon: Darkrai, and Gliscor
Old July 26, 2011, 06:59:09 PM
Kyurem

Mine is a tie between the second and third generations regions.
I have always been loyal to Johto. Almost all of the Pokemon their were my favorite, plus you could get sixteen badges and explore Kanto again. It was also when my favorite alternate colored Pokemon were debuted.
But I also love Hoenn because it's such an awesome region. It's a huge region that you could explore all day. The whole backstory/origin was amazing with the Weather Trio, and the Pokemon were cool too.

Last edited by Shiny; July 26, 2011 at 06:59:29 PM.
Old July 27, 2011, 11:11:36 AM
Linoone

I like every region except Unova, mainly because Unova didn't have a good story to it. With all the past games they all had awesome stories to them. With Unova it just got dull and boring.
Old August 8, 2011, 10:56:29 AM
Zoroark

I have to say Johto and Kanto. I'd like to live in Kanto and visit Johto to collect more badges and Pokemon.
Old August 14, 2011, 09:39:10 AM
Linoone

Either Johto or Hoenn for me. Johto is really cool because I love all the traditional Japanese architecture (like in Violet or Ekruteak City) that is present. Looks so cool in both iterations of those games. I like all of the new Pokémon there though I feel as though there are not as many new ones as there should be (because Gen II added the fewest new Pokémon, obviously).

Hoenn is just really awesome. It's so massive which makes it a lot of fun to explore. I don't really like surfing very much, but Hoenn's water routes were pretty cool. There were a lot of optional places to surf to in order to find everything (one of my favourite aspects of Pokémon games is exploring). I loved the creatures here; when I first saw them I thought they were kind of stupid looking but now I think they have some of the best designs in the series. I thought diving was kind of cool and I loved the puzzles you had to do in order to get the legendary golems (or whatever they're called). Awesome stuff.
Old August 14, 2011, 10:54:55 AM
Zoroark

I, personally, am a lover of water routes. Hoenn fulfilled my dream of a Pokemon game with tons of water routes. I believe that Hoenn was based upon nature hence all the different environments hosted in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Some of my favorite music is from the Hoenn soundtrack. Diving was an awesome addition, and the music was beautiful.

And that is why I'm a fan of the humble region of Hoenn.
Old August 18, 2011, 05:53:11 PM
Cyndaquil

My favorite region is probably Sinnoh it provided evolutions that some Pokemon desperately needed (Gligar, Yanmega, Murkrow, Sneasel ect).
Old August 25, 2011, 08:49:08 PM
Giratina

Exactly my point. Gliscor FTW! The next evo they should do is a girafarig...
Old August 26, 2011, 02:08:38 AM
Kyurem

3rd gen. The Hoenn region is the best and I like the 1st gen remakes.
Old August 26, 2011, 04:22:54 AM
Rayquaza

Sinnoh, since it is the region that took me back to Pokémon after leaving it for years.
Old August 26, 2011, 09:21:44 AM
Giratina

It's a tie between Hoenn and Unova (with a slight edge to Hoenn); Hoenn is a naturally aquatic region with amazing geography and variety of Pokémon. Unova, on the other hand, is technologically advanced and is home to a slew of unique Pokémon.
Old August 26, 2011, 03:31:45 PM
Mudkip

i actually love the 3rd one alot
Old September 14, 2011, 12:20:27 PM
Servine

I think I'm going to have to go with Hoenn. Design-wise, there was plenty of environment variation, ranging from deserts, to ash-laden volcanoes, to heavily forested areas where you walk on wooden bridges to get around. Yet, it all managed to come together as feeling like one whole region. Also, the graphics of the game made it look so brightly colored and cheerful; it actually looked most like the anime, just in sprites.
Old September 18, 2011, 01:08:42 PM
Charizard

My favorite region is Hoenn, because of how large and varied it is.
Old September 20, 2011, 09:40:50 PM
Zoroark

Woohoo! A poll ,eh? I voted all but Sinnoh. I love the Shinx evo line but most of the gen was disappointing to me. My opinion, don't mean to offend anyone. o.o

Still would live in Kanto or Johto. But I would travel to Hoenn to get a Treecko.
Old September 21, 2011, 09:03:07 AM
Keldeo

I consider Johto as my home region more or less, Goldenrod City, it's much more, you see, Gen II is my favorite Generation for a lot of reasons, Goldenrod City is one of those.

a few others are Umbreon, Lugia, the starters, gym leaders.
Old September 21, 2011, 03:55:49 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
I, personally, am a lover of water routes. Hoenn fulfilled my dream of a Pokemon game with tons of water routes. I believe that Hoenn was based upon nature hence all the different environments hosted in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Some of my favorite music is from the Hoenn soundtrack. Diving was an awesome addition, and the music was beautiful.

And that is why I'm a fan of the humble region of Hoenn.
Same here. Hoenn introduced Sceptile, the best Grass type EVAR.
Old October 14, 2011, 02:19:08 AM
Kyurem

My favourite regions are Hoenn and Unova.

Hoenn? So beautiful. So many things to do. I also loved exploration, and so Hoenn is my total fave.

Unova? A refreshing air of change for me, after revisiting Johto... I just love Unova for no particular reason, aside from actual challenge.
Old October 16, 2011, 02:23:32 AM
Servine

That's a hard one. I love them all very much.

I'd have to say:

1 - Kanto and Jhoto
2 - Isshu
3 - Hoen
4 - Sinnoh
Old October 18, 2011, 07:16:56 AM
Giratina

1- KanJoh
2- Sinnoh
3- Unova
4- Kanto
5- Hoenn
I would have to say Johto and Sinnoh. Kanto I never could really love as much as Johto, because Johto is just so unique and CONTAINS Kanto in the same game. Sinnoh was my first region and had so many cool things in it and stars my favorite Pokemon, Turtwig~!
I utterly despise Hoenn because it's just...so...meh to me, and Unova was cool and all, but there's nothing to do after catching the legendaries, considering limited Wifi, how the GLobal Link is badly handled, and how alot of the new features require links between 2 different games.

Last edited by TurtwigX; October 18, 2011 at 07:18:28 AM.
Old October 19, 2011, 10:24:47 AM
Charizard

I must say that my favourite region out of the five is Sinnoh.
Kanto does have a special place in my heart, seeing as it was the first region I ever experienced, but it feels so empty that I cannot say it is my favourite region.

Sinnoh, on the other hand, was my favourite region because of the varied scenery and because there was lots to do after you beat the Elite Four.
I remember that when Diamond and Pearl came out, I was disappointed at not being able to go get them on release date and had to wait until June.
But once I got it, it was totally worth it! On the first day I got it (I actually got it after like 5-6PM) I got the first badge and fell in love with the Underground. I actually stayed there for a long time after getting the first badge, until I had to go to sleep.
On the second day I got it, I pretty much completed the game, got all the badges and got Dialga.

Now that Platinum is out, I look back at how Diamond and Pearl looked and I can only say "My god, the game wasn't that good after all."
But Platinum did fix everything that Diamond/Pearl lacked.
The scenery in Platinum is simply amazing, with Battle Island having its own tropical scenery.

One of the other things I liked about Sinnoh was the stuff you could do in the game.
After you beat the Elite Four, there are so many legendaries to catch, so many new Pokémon available, thanks to PokéRadar, Swarms and Battle Island, contests, Underground...
And did I mention training your Pokémon was better than ever in this gen?

I actually planned up a training method back in late 2007-early 2008.

If you need to train a Pokémon with fire- or flying-type moves, make sure it's traded so it gets the experience boost and use a Lucky Egg. Simply KOing the Pokémon on Route 229 gets you from 2500-3500 experience per wild Pokémon. Did this with a Magmortar, I don't think I need to mention that even though the wild Pokémon were a few levels above me, I one-hit KO'd pretty much each of them and got Magmortar to Lv. 100 pretty quick.

If you need to train a Pokémon with Fighting- or Electric- type moves, do the same as above, but use the Vs. Seeker with the three trainers at the start of Route 225. I did this with an Electivire and Dragonite and got them to Lv. 100 in no time.

On the other hand, if Pokémon with Water- and Ice- type moves are your type, you could go to Stark Mountain.
There are Camerupt, Gravelers, Magcargo and Golbat in there. The first three are weak to Water-type moves while Golbat simply gets murdered when you try Ice Beam.
With the trade experience bonus and a Lucky Egg, you get what is probably the best experience for those type of Pokémon.
(As an added bonus, Milotic only requires 600,000 experience for Lv. 100.)

Additionally, Sinnoh has the Battle Tower (D/P) and the Battle Frontier (Platinum).
The Battle Tower in Sinnoh was simply the best Battle Tower I've seen so far, and Platinum's Battle Frontier has the same tower as well.

And those are the reasons why I like Sinnoh the most. Oh, and did I mention the memories?
While Blue and Crystal were pretty much the first Pokémon games I got (I got Emerald as well), it was only when I got Diamond that I started playing Pokémon more seriously.
It is also the Pokémon game I have played the most. I would actually hate losing my Diamond version, even though I have Platinum.

(If you're interested in knowing, Gen II is my least favourite Gen.)

Last edited by Pingouin7; October 19, 2011 at 10:25:25 AM.