Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 13, 2010, 12:30:48 AM
Regigigas

Default Re:HG/SS Hack Request

Alright, for ages now I`ve been thinking, if they could put in a Clair and Lance double battle, why not a Red and Green double battle? It even still follows the same format of Elite Four member and Gym Leader (In this case, Red is the former Champion, while Green`s the Viridian Gym Leader). As they clearly didn`t, I`m looking for someone with the hacking skills to do it. Simply recording the battle itself and putting it on Youtube would suffice, I suppose. It`d be cool to play it, but I`d rather not play on a computer. Preferably, the male player would approach Red on Mt. Silver, only to find Green has beaten him to Red, and is (trying to) talk to him. As you`re about the request a battle, Silver appears out of no where, saying he heard that he could find a strong trainer to battle against on Mt. Silver. Taking this as a challenge, Green would propose the double battle in question, then telling Red to get ready. Silver would obviously agree, and the player would be teamed up with Silver.

The battle would start with both trainer animations for Red and Green`s sprites, though without Green`s VS animation. Also, the music would be the Kanto trainer theme, to go with Lance and Clair having the Johto trainer theme.

As for their teams, Red would use Pikachu, Blastoise, and Venusaur, with Green using Pidgeot, Arcanine, and Rhyperior. (This would give them the standard "well rounded" overall team that both use individually, with one Pokemon for each starter type, a flying type, Red`s signature Pokemon, and Green`s Pokemon trained specifically due to him being the Viridian Gym Leader, a formerly Ground-type Gym)

If anyone can pull this off, I`d be totally psyched to see it xD

That is, of course, assuming your willing to do it and have the time.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 13, 2010 at 12:33:26 AM.
Old July 14, 2010, 02:45:07 AM
Haxorus

Ohhhhh man... As I hacker, I've no idea how to do this...
Old July 14, 2010, 03:09:22 AM
Kyurem

Only problem is hacking HeartGold is pretty premature at this point. Fortunately, this wouldn't require any mapping changes, so could be done: I'd like to see someone pull it off myself.
Old July 15, 2010, 08:43:59 AM
Joltik

At this time we can't fully hack D/PT/P. So I doubt that we'll be able to do this, well we can all map hack all these rom only if we know where the offsets are in a Hex editor. But, anyway I'll look in to this and see if I can do anything.
Old July 17, 2010, 05:52:22 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
At this time we can't fully hack D/PT/P. So I doubt that we'll be able to do this, well we can all map hack all these rom only if we know where the offsets are in a Hex editor. But, anyway I'll look in to this and see if I can do anything.
Awesome, thanks Chimchar
Old July 18, 2010, 03:12:45 AM
Joltik

Well I haven't found anything yet, but these things take time. Anyway, I've been searching on youtube and this guy has managed to change a lot of stuff. Anyway, here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6isMheG9cw
You could contact him if you'd wish and see if he can do anything about this project.
Old June 29, 2011, 05:47:58 AM
Mudkip

There's a tool made by Swamperts Tool's from pokecommunity
it is said to hack HG/SS gym leaders/elite four even Red!
http://www.swamperttools.co.nr/
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134016

Last edited by redzb1; June 29, 2011 at 05:50:21 AM.