FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 28, 2012, 05:03:25 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
I remember being 13....

Man I hated myself, I was so stupid back then...
But then again... I do miss those lazy days doing nothing productive.
I am glad I am not the only one who looks at his own self in the past and thinks he was stupid back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Yeah.. Middle school was the best, now tomorrow I start High School. This is gonna be hell. Ironic that it's a catholic school though.
High school was great. You will enjoy it, although things would start to get harder for you, but not in Grade 9; that class was a piece of cake.
Old August 28, 2012, 05:42:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
What'd you order? I usually go to subway all the time, Meatball Marinera all the way!
Um, a simple ham sandwich with default toppings and Italian bread. It's on student discount.
Old August 28, 2012, 05:48:02 AM
Shaymin

You just nailed half of my usual order right there...
Old August 28, 2012, 05:53:04 AM
Giratina

Quote:
You just nailed half of my usual order right there...
What's the other half?
Old August 28, 2012, 05:58:37 AM
Shaymin

The other half is a pizza sub. I usually buy two. One for the time I do buy it, the other I bring home or save it for later.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:04:53 AM
Giratina

Quote:
The other half is a pizza sub. I usually buy two. One for the time I do buy it, the other I bring home or save it for later.
Ohhh.. I usually just go Meatball Marinara all the way for the whole foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
High school was great. You will enjoy it, although things would start to get harder for you, but not in Grade 9; that class was a piece of cake.
Whoops didn't see this! Hahah I hope so.. Some 10th graders ik say that 9th grades easy, so maybe your right.. But I'm going to this catholic school and it blows...
Old August 28, 2012, 06:06:16 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Ohhh.. I usually just go Meatball Marinara all the way for the whole foot.
They're both footlongs... It may be healthy, but I'm still the fatty I am.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:07:42 AM
Giratina

Quote:
They're both footlongs... It may be healthy, but I'm still the fatty I am.
Ohhh I thought you meant the other half as in 1 footlong, but divided into half with different stuff.. That's not bad though, as long as you don't eat them both in one sitting ;P
Old August 28, 2012, 09:00:40 AM
Rayquaza

I think I only ate once from Subway. That was at least three years ago. I forgot what I ordered.
Old August 28, 2012, 10:44:45 AM
Regigigas

I eat subway a lot mainly cause I like to eat healthy foods and do a lot of sports when the school year and early summer are going on.
Old August 28, 2012, 11:30:32 AM
Shaymin

Today was extremely eventful. In AP U.S, we decided to takeover one of the other history teachers' classroom. In AP Language and Composition, we played Black Ops then started an essay on how real war and animated war are different. I went to the elementary school (that itself is nothing special considering I go there everyday as my elective) and got to perform a few song for the second graders on the music teacher's violin. I changed my schedule out of study skills so I started my first day of French. I got to make a neon sign in chemistry. Unfortunately, I missed guard practice due to a sharp stabbing pain in my lower abdomin. But today was pretty cool otherwise
Old August 28, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marching12step View Post
Today was extremely eventful. In AP U.S, we decided to takeover one of the other history teachers' classroom. In AP Language and Composition, we played Black Ops then started an essay on how real war and animated war are different. I went to the elementary school (that itself is nothing special considering I go there everyday as my elective) and got to perform a few song for the second graders on the music teacher's violin. I changed my schedule out of study skills so I started my first day of French. I got to make a neon sign in chemistry. Unfortunately, I missed guard practice due to a sharp stabbing pain in my lower abdomin. But today was pretty cool otherwise
If school was always something like that, I'd love school
Old August 28, 2012, 01:59:46 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marching12step View Post
we played Black Ops
I literally just stopped reading right there and gasm'd.

Also yeah, Subway! I always get Meatball sub with provolone cheese, pickles, and tomato.
Because yeah! Also omggg I'm glad this was one of the only days I had to walk home from school. It was 105 degress out and my house is 45 minutes away. ;_;
Old August 28, 2012, 05:54:35 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
So I just ate at a Subway for the first time, ever.

I was not disappointed.
When I had Subway for the first time, I was severely disappointed. The bread was nasty, not enough meat, and the meat didn't even have much flavor, I tasted very little sauce, and it wasn't filling. At all. That was the first and only time I'll have Subway.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:22:01 PM
Shaymin

I feel lucky that all the places I get food usually don't skimp on the production of the food.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:30:38 PM
Kyurem

I don't go out to eat much, especially during the school year. I'd be lucky to get Subway or some other place outside of home every other week. So I usually end up going to school with a classic sandwich in hand, some juice, and a granola bar/a fruit. And outside of school, I usually end up finding nothing worth eating around the house, especially in the afternoon.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:45:41 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
When I had Subway for the first time, I was severely disappointed. The bread was nasty, not enough meat, and the meat didn't even have much flavor, I tasted very little sauce, and it wasn't filling. At all. That was the first and only time I'll have Subway.
You.. you don't like Subway?
YOU HAVE NO SOUL
Old August 28, 2012, 06:48:21 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassPokemonFTW View Post
I don't go out to eat much, especially during the school year. I'd be lucky to get Subway or some other place outside of home every other week. So I usually end up going to school with a classic sandwich in hand, some juice, and a granola bar/a fruit. And outside of school, I usually end up finding nothing worth eating around the house, especially in the afternoon.
Most the time, that us what I'm stuck with. Heck, sometimes when I don't have any meat whatsoever, I just stick a bunch of cheese in a sandwich and call it a day.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:16:12 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Most the time, that us what I'm stuck with. Heck, sometimes when I don't have any meat whatsoever, I just stick a bunch of cheese in a sandwich and call it a day.
Peanut butter for me. Maybe some strawberry jam as well.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:21:39 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
You.. you don't like Subway?
YOU HAVE NO SOUL
They're not quality enough for me. It just feels... wrong. I prefer a good burger myself, with bread that makes me smile, not cringe.

Quote:
I have my mom make me lunch every single day before school. It's large and full of snacks and a fresh sandwich. And we always have food, because I'm a human garbage disposal.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:29:13 PM
Zoroark

PAX Prime starts this weekend. I'm kinda down on the fact that I'm not there. Then again, it's all the way across the connected states.

This is however, preparing me for PAX East, and some friends I talk to regularly [not IRL, I was supposed to get a ride home from them last year and they left without me (...)] will definitely meet up. Hell, I might spend a night with them in their hotel even though I live like 20 minutes away from the convention center.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:32:00 PM
Giratina

I wish I had internet friends that could go to a convention in Maryland or closer, but nooooo. They have to go to conventions a thousand miles away from me and stuff. In my first and only so far, the only person I hung out with was my adopted brother and his sister (who is cool, but I did not adopt.)
Old August 29, 2012, 12:39:47 AM
Regigigas

My keyboards all weird and I am not good with computers how do I fix this. (Examples)éÉ``
Old August 29, 2012, 12:59:24 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-li View Post
My keyboards all weird and I am not good with computers how do I fix this. (Examples)éÉ``
Your keyboards gone French. If you're on Windows 7, There should be a little keyboard icon on the lower right area. If that's not there. Try pressing Left Alt + Shift.

It happens to me a lot when I don't want it to.
Old August 29, 2012, 01:15:16 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
They're not quality enough for me. It just feels... wrong. I prefer a good burger myself, with bread that makes me smile, not cringe.
It's probably your local Subway, as I've never had a sandwich that good before yesterday. Take of it what you will.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:31:08 AM
Regigigas

So today marks my three-years anniversary of making an internet on the Victory Road.
...I mean.
Joining VR three years ago today was probably a good decision. But how the f*** do I know.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:52:25 AM
Kyurem

You and me both, Vel, except here it's been closer to two years and I still can't tell whether it was for the better or worse.
Old August 29, 2012, 08:47:00 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
You and me both, Vel, except here it's been closer to two years and I still can't tell whether it was for the better or worse.
Well, you and I both seem to be getting along very well over here.

And I'm relatively new to this site compared to both of you.

Last edited by GTP_NickSkyline; August 29, 2012 at 08:49:01 AM.
Old August 29, 2012, 10:10:20 AM
Regigigas

I did it! It's fixed thanks Fubab! No more french symbols hurah.

Last edited by john-li; August 29, 2012 at 10:11:37 AM.
Old August 29, 2012, 10:38:38 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
I did it! It's fixed thanks Fubab! No more french symbols hurah.
No worries, it happens too often for me.

Also, I cannot wake up before 10 am anymore... it annoys me since I've been trying to regulate a sleeping schedule so I'm not a day sleeper again....
Old August 29, 2012, 12:38:44 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
No worries, it happens too often for me.

Also, I cannot wake up before 10 am anymore... it annoys me since I've been trying to regulate a sleeping schedule so I'm not a day sleeper again....
I tend to set the alarm on an early time to regulate my sleeping schedule. Most of the times, I wake up, switch it off and drift off to sleep again. Without even remembering. At first, I thought the alarm wasn't working, but later on, my parents saw me sleep walking...
Old August 29, 2012, 02:08:11 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Same here DX
I have to set my phone alarm to 5 AM, and the other 9 alarms are 10 minutes after.
Also, my schedule is finally coming on Thursday.
My school is run by weird people.
Old August 29, 2012, 04:50:33 PM
Shaymin

I made an odd realization today.

Whenever I look up at my ceiling, thinking about things, I realize....

Someone wrote "Hi there" in tiny letters on my ceiling.....
Old August 29, 2012, 04:53:25 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
It's probably your local Subway, as I've never had a sandwich that good before yesterday. Take of it what you will.
I've had much better sandwiches, and most of them were made by my mom But there WAS this absolutely STUNNING little place on the corner of some street in New Jersey. Their sandwiches were AMAZING. Real deal. No lie, it was like tasting a little piece of heaven. I wish I could go back, as I've only been once. But THAT was the best sandwich I've ever had. I wish I still lived in NJ D:
Old August 29, 2012, 06:34:05 PM
Kyurem

I just realized how angry I can get. I found myself in a position where I was in such wrath that I caused physical damage. Basically, I threw a quarter-full water bottle at the side glass window of a grandfather clock and completely shattered it. I basically burst into a fit of tears and guilt after that, but now I'm afraid of what might happen if I don't learn to keep a lid on my temper, because I may hurt people if I can't control my anger. It's the side of me that I don't see of me very often, and now I find myself really struggling with it, and I'm not sure what to do...do you guys have any ideas?
Old August 29, 2012, 06:50:05 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I just realized how angry I can get. I found myself in a position where I was in such wrath that I caused physical damage. Basically, I threw a quarter-full water bottle at the side glass window of a grandfather clock and completely shattered it. I basically burst into a fit of tears and guilt after that, but now I'm afraid of what might happen if I don't learn to keep a lid on my temper, because I may hurt people if I can't control my anger. It's the side of me that I don't see of me very often, and now I find myself really struggling with it, and I'm not sure what to do...do you guys have any ideas?
Honestly, I can't control mine either. But I can suppress it, and it's taken a while for most of it to go away, and yet it all comes back during competitive gaming...
What I'd do is take my frustration out on something creative first. Holding it in and building it up is just awful. You could event take one of those stupid and pathetic stress toy things to squeeze. You can even throw those at anything, though preferably a wall. They'll just tap it and fall to the floor. Now I know I'm no help, but I just have to say one last thing. Whatever is making you so angry, don't let it get to your head. Nothing should frustrate you to the point where you want to throw and break things. If it gets to that point, try calming yourself down, take deep breaths or something. Rage doesn't strengthen, but it blinds.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:01:21 PM
Giratina

Quote:
My way of dealing with my angry side is a bit... well, the best way I can describe it is I just forget about emotions whenever I start to feel angry. I try to be the wise person at all times and that also means being calm to me.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:06:28 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP_NickSkyline View Post
Well, you and I both seem to be getting along very well over here.

And I'm relatively new to this site compared to both of you.
Oh, trust me, I'm such a pessimist that I can name at least one problem I have with every single member on this site, at least who I've interacted with.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Oh, trust me, I'm such a pessimist that I can name at least one problem I have with every single member on this site, at least who I've interacted with.
Oooh, do me, do me! I can't really be offended, so speak your mind! I'm interested.
Old August 29, 2012, 07:28:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oooh, do me, do me! I can't really be offended, so speak your mind! I'm interested.
Well, you have a definite air of insanity to you. Rather similar to BU's albeit lesser, and you can see how I awkwardly stay away from him.

(also: disclaimer to anyone else who wants me to do it; if it offends you, you ****ing asked for it)
Old August 29, 2012, 07:28:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Honestly, I can't control mine either. But I can suppress it, and it's taken a while for most of it to go away, and yet it all comes back during competitive gaming...
What I'd do is take my frustration out on something creative first. Holding it in and building it up is just awful. You could event take one of those stupid and pathetic stress toy things to squeeze. You can even throw those at anything, though preferably a wall. They'll just tap it and fall to the floor. Now I know I'm no help, but I just have to say one last thing. Whatever is making you so angry, don't let it get to your head. Nothing should frustrate you to the point where you want to throw and break things. If it gets to that point, try calming yourself down, take deep breaths or something. Rage doesn't strengthen, but it blinds.
I know I shouldn't let it get to my head...it was really a spur of the moment reaction, as my sister was really ticking me off. I'm trying to calm my emotions through listening to some calming band music right now...it's the best way to get me relaxed.

I talked to my dad about it, and I can see that all the men in the family have big tempers like mine. My dad has a bad temper, my grandpa (on both sides) has/had bad tempers, and it all sprung to me. But the difference between me and my dad is that when I get angry, my anger level, on a scale from 1 to 10, can and will go from 1 to 15 in a mere moment, given the right conditions, but will return to 1 given a minute. I do try to suppress my rage, keeping it down at near a 1 or 2, but the more I suppress it, the higher up the scale it goes. In this situation, my sister got me to a point where I was at 15, then tried to push it back down, then she continued to aggravate me, and then I burst at way above 15 (which was when I threw the bottle). My dad knows how to suppress it better than I can, but he goes from 1 or 2 to way above 15 in an instant, and furthermore, it lasts longer. I don't really know much about it, but it seems that major tempers run in the males. In any case, I'm trying to hold back my anger, especially now that I can see the extent of the damage that I can cause.
Old August 30, 2012, 08:40:49 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
When I started going to the gym, my anger started to suppress slowly. I suggest getting that anger out of you by going to a gym, or playing some fighting sports, like kick-boxing (you tend to hit a lot in this sport).

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; August 30, 2012 at 11:51:37 AM.
Old August 30, 2012, 09:52:03 AM
Kyurem

I've noticed that a lot of things about me have changed since I left high school. Good thing nothing angers me as much these days, with no one pulling badly-done pranks on me...
Old August 30, 2012, 11:42:04 AM
Volcarona

Years ago, I used to get mad sometimes. When I did, things turned ugly, so ugly to the point that I decided that I wanted to be less aggressive and more lenient. In retrospect, I'm quite glad it happened, because I benefited from it. I became just a little nicer because of it.

Last edited by GalliumGrant; August 30, 2012 at 11:43:35 AM.
Old August 30, 2012, 03:50:05 PM
Shaymin

I used to be angered easily. Now people say I just tend to shove things over and forget about them and apologize even if I did nothing wrong. I guess it's because of my non-confrontational being.
Old August 30, 2012, 06:19:06 PM
Giratina

If anyone insults me, I ignore them, laugh it off, or say "Aww, I love you, too~" Generally, I don't care about what people say or do to me. It can't trigger any of my emotions. And if one of my friends is insulting me, I insult them back, because it's like a game to us.
Old August 31, 2012, 09:17:52 AM
Zoroark

I tend to compliment my friends with insults. Example, instead of saying, "Wow, you look nice today!" I say, "You don't look fat today. Good for you."

If someone I dislike or just plain can't tolerate insults me, I just ignore it. If they continue, I turn at them at just give them the glare of death. If even that doesn't stop them for teasing me, I tell them off. Horribly.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:58:44 AM
Shaymin

I just tend to insult my friends by calling them stupid. They know I'm kidding because it's just so small of an insult. And likewise, they do he same to me. It's that odd way to communicate.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:17:33 PM
Giratina

MY GOD, TODAY WAS SO HOT. Thankfully it's ov- NO WAIT, IT'S STILL HOT. Well, anyway, my day was pretty interesting. And probably will be for the rest of the school year. Being a junior is actually pretty fun. And that marching band event we had was sweee-eeet~ Even though it nearly ruined my chance to get home~
And now I'm apparently so popular, that everyone wants to have me, and yet I still have not had anything close to a relationship. Not that I'd want one. Ain't life great~?
Old August 31, 2012, 06:06:30 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
MY GOD, TODAY WAS SO HOT. Thankfully it's ov- NO WAIT, IT'S STILL HOT.
Come over here and tell me it's hot. :I

Also, also, I hate my second period. It's only me and a couple other guys and omggg, there's so many cheerleaders that won't stfu in there. All they do is be annoying. And the worst part is they ARENT EVEN ATTRACTIVE D;

Last edited by Shiny; August 31, 2012 at 06:06:42 PM.
Old August 31, 2012, 07:20:33 PM
Haxorus

My class last year was mostly guys. We had only about 3 females in out classroom, and they were all fully-grown adults and well-behaved compared to...
Quote:
be annoying
So...would that be general cheerleader annoying, or Scrappy Doo annoying?
Old August 31, 2012, 07:22:15 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP_NickSkyline View Post
My class last year was mostly guys. We had only about 3 females in out classroom, and they were all fully-grown adults and well-behaved compared to...

So...would that be general cheerleader annoying, or Scrappy Doo annoying?
ngl, but I never really believed in such a cheerleader stereotype until today, so I can't really tell you if it's general cheerleader annoying or not.
And I think Scrappy Doo is really cash. ;_;

Last edited by Shiny; August 31, 2012 at 07:25:28 PM.
Old August 31, 2012, 08:18:42 PM
Giratina

Quote:

Also, also, I hate my second period. It's only me and a couple other guys and omggg, there's so many cheerleaders that won't stfu in there. All they do is be annoying. And the worst part is they ARENT EVEN ATTRACTIVE D;
Where is there? If it's anywhere beyond the East Coast, nothing's gonna be done.
(I don't even want to being the long string of insults I have for my cheerleaders)
Old August 31, 2012, 10:31:54 PM
Shaymin

Oddly enough, I barely had cheerleader types at my school. (Maybe because we actually had none.) We just had a lot of jocks. No wonder I didn't fit in.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:44:12 PM
Giratina

We in the marching band regularly battle the cheerleaders mostly because we just don't like them and their cheers suck and our band dancers have better dance moves in general. There's only one thing about them that we like, and that's like 1 catchy cheer out of, what, 17 that they offer?
I'm losing interest in staying up late on weekends. I just don't feel motivated to do anything this late. I think I really am turning in to an Early Riser...
Old August 31, 2012, 10:46:55 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
MY GOD, TODAY WAS SO HOT. Thankfully it's ov- NO WAIT, IT'S STILL HOT.
Quote:
Really, you two? Come over here and tell me it's hot. :\
Old August 31, 2012, 10:51:13 PM
Giratina

Well, on most days the heat is bearable. When you have to wear 2 layers of pants and shirts for a marching band event and march in the heat and use all of you air to play an instrument and *sigh* dance against your will... the heat becomes frustrating. Not to mention all that running I had to do. I was tired, and the PAINFUL heat wasn't exactly helping.
To be honest, I would like to go over there someday. Maybe I'll agree with you on the heat. (No I won't, I'll make some comment about it being nothing)
Old August 31, 2012, 11:00:14 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Really, you two? Come over here and tell me it's hot. :\
From my past of vacationing in an area that was not even close to where you are. (The area being a south Asian island.) You by far win this.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:04:58 PM
Giratina

Hey, I live in Maryland. I'm used to balanced weather and regular 3 month seasons. I complain about the cold in Winter and the heat waves of Summer, and the earth constantly gets warmer. It's just my way of life to complain about the weather because I can never be satisfied unless it's Spring or Autumn.
If I lived in one of those hotter places, I'd probably just suck it up and wear some short, thin clothing. Maybe even grab a bottle of water. Maybe. I still hate water.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:09:39 PM
Shaymin

Can't wait for winter so I can be one of those, "You think you're cold!?" types.

Maybe not, I actually don't get cold easy. Heck my room regulate a near 0c at one point.

Last edited by Fubab_107; August 31, 2012 at 11:10:04 PM.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:13:06 PM
Giratina

HA! The cold! I have no problems with it at all! Well, I mean aside from the usual "Where's the sun when I need it!?" and "Oh God, I have to wear so many layers..." Thought my birth month might've been the Summer month of August, I live for the cold and snow. I can handle cold temperatures more than I can hot ones (I'm not too comfortable with the very light clothing where I'm nearly naked just to stay cool). But, for some reason, I'd rather live in a hot and dry place right now. Preferably with a cactus to hug.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Hey, I live in Maryland. I'm used to balanced weather and regular 3 month seasons. I complain about the cold in Winter and the heat waves of Summer, and the earth constantly gets warmer. It's just my way of life to complain about the weather because I can never be satisfied unless it's Spring or Autumn.
If I lived in one of those hotter places, I'd probably just suck it up and wear some short, thin clothing. Maybe even grab a bottle of water. Maybe. I still hate water.
Hey, I live in Dubai, which is a desert. We don't even know what a winter is. Do you want me to say more?
Old August 31, 2012, 11:46:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Where is there? If it's anywhere beyond the East Coast, nothing's gonna be done.
(I don't even want to being the long string of insults I have for my cheerleaders)
California. You can complain about it being hot once you've felt the temperature over here. c:

Also, I never really thought the cheerleader stereotype was true, since I have quite a bit of friends who are on the football team or basketball team, and they're not your typical "haha nerd" jock types.
My friend is the quarterback for the Freshman football team and all he does is play vidya games and he's a major brony too. :I
And I have another friend who plays football for Varsity and he's actually pretty cool. Major gamer, thankfully not a brony. c:

If he wasn't a brony we'd be best friends for ever<3

Last edited by Shiny; August 31, 2012 at 11:47:42 PM.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:54:40 PM
Shaymin

I was unlucky and got stuck with all the people who took advantage of our provinces low age limit of 18 instead of 21. I lost many of friends because while every week end they went to some sort of stag party, I more just wanted to play games. I stuck close to my group of 5 people who avoided the whole drunken party scene.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:56:31 PM
Kyurem

I only hang out with my really close friends which is like 6 or 7 of us. c:
Thing is we're the only ones who came to this high school from our old middle school. Everyone else went to the rival high school, and I mean everyone else.

But it's cool because I've always hung out with these guys. c:
Old September 1, 2012, 07:18:39 AM
Kyurem

*notices the crampedness of his room*

Sometimes I wish there was a place to put my Victini.
Old September 1, 2012, 07:25:12 PM
Giratina

Yeah.. I think if you were a brony in my school, public OR catholic, you'd get a nice uppercut to the jaw...
Old September 1, 2012, 07:27:37 PM
Giratina

I'm an open fan of MLP and yet I get no hate from it. Although I think it might be from the fact that no one even knows about the brony community. But I'm always willing to spread some Fluttershy throughout the world.
Old September 1, 2012, 07:33:06 PM
Regigigas

I found my megaman zero 3 a little while ago I popped in my gameboy in excitement in around two minutes I through the gameboy on the ground and shut it off I through it on a pillow but y point is those games are HARD.
Old September 1, 2012, 08:30:54 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I found my megaman zero 3 a little while ago I popped in my gameboy in excitement in around two minutes I through the gameboy on the ground and shut it off I through it on a pillow but y point is those games are HARD.
Your lack of punctuation hurts my tired brain.

But anyways! So school finally starts up on Wednesday for me, and I'm SUPER excited! But I have to recopy nearly all of my Japanese notes from last year into this year's notebook, because if you're learning a language then the vocabulary and other important things you learnt from last year are definitely gonna be things you'll need again! I can't wait to start school, I'm sure this year will fly by! If... I ignore the fact that I have ALL FOUR of my language classes in one semester along with physics. Talk about a challenge (that I can totally handle as if it were some game)! My second semester is going to be such a bore without my languages...
Old September 1, 2012, 09:33:12 PM
Mudkip

One week until my birthday which is 9/9. I cannot wait because I'll hopefully be getting a new mic and some other stuff.
Old September 1, 2012, 11:21:16 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'm an open fan of MLP and yet I get no hate from it. Although I think it might be from the fact that no one even knows about the brony community. But I'm always willing to spread some Fluttershy throughout the world.
My school has an MLP club. .__.
Old September 1, 2012, 11:29:30 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
I never understood my little pony or brony it all seems kinda eh I won't get myself into trouble with mods.
Old September 2, 2012, 12:09:45 AM
Shaymin

Don't worry. As long as you don't bring up any stance on it, you'd relatively be fine. Either that or pick a side and just be quiet about the whole thing.
Old September 2, 2012, 04:55:41 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I never understood my little pony or brony it all seems kinda eh I won't get myself into trouble with mods.
We have a mod who is a brony, how would you get in trouble? The only way would be to tell people they are wrong for not liking/watching MLP.
Old September 2, 2012, 05:18:19 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I'm jealous of your school. I need some place to openly yell about it where people would actually GET it and, y'know, agree with me or kill me for not agreeing. Or whatever, I just really need to join more clubs.
2/3 admins are bronies, I'm sure talking about the series is no problem. But since many people seem to have a problem with it, it's best to not talk about it a lot in public or outside the board for it.

After yesterday, I really have no respect for security at all. Apparently walking through the school on the weekend is tresspassing, but they're not doing anything about it! We went through the entirety of the thing moving unlocked gates, trying different doors (Most rooms had 4, and 1 was always unlocked) and just having a good time. The one security guard, oh wait no, police officer who did see us did nothing. Oh what a day~
Old September 2, 2012, 06:50:48 AM
Giratina

Quote:
2/3 admins are bronies,
2/3rds of 2 is... 1 and 1/3rd... Yoshi is one-third brony?
Old September 2, 2012, 08:15:27 AM
Rayquaza

To be honest, I never bothered with this show and I don't know the reason behind the bothersome debates between those who watch it and those don't. I always thought it is a cartoon that my little sisters watch. Am I missing something?
Old September 2, 2012, 11:35:46 AM

Quote:
To be honest, I never bothered with this show and I don't know the reason behind the bothersome debates between those who watch it and those don't. I always thought it is a cartoon that my little sisters watch. Am I missing something?
It's a show that has this ridiculously large fandom consisting of male fans that dub themselves "bronies". I'm like you though, I have never bothered with the show and only know about the show and it's fandom because many of the people I talk with online are bronies. I've tried being neutral towards the fandom, but I've had lots of negative experiences with them. There are plenty of sane "bronies" but lots of crazy and rude ones too.
Old September 2, 2012, 11:38:03 AM
Rayquaza

So what if there is a huge fandom? Why do people fight over it?
Old September 2, 2012, 11:42:00 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
2/3rds of 2 is... 1 and 1/3rd... Yoshi is one-third brony?
I'm sorry you have to be so literal with this, but it's said "2 out of 3" or "2 of the 3"

I got my new laptop today~ Although it's the complete opposite of what I was expecting. Somehow my father bought me a BRAND NEW laptop instead of the other one that was used that he said got fixed. I don't know how this happened, but it's a pretty nice looking HP and I'm already loving it. I don't know where to start. Maybe I can actually use Steam now...
Old September 2, 2012, 11:44:29 AM

Quote:
So what if there is a huge fandom? Why do people fight over it?
Because there is a lot of trolling from both sides - the bronies and those who hate the bronies. If there wasn't so much trolling there surely would be peace and not so much drama involving the fandom or it's show. Kinda weird this is coming from me since I've been involved with some of the drama and trolling, admittingly. As a non-brony I can say that one of the most common "complaints" about the fandom is how some bronies like to shove the show down everyone's throat (which isn't a fair stereotype of the entire fandom since many bronies DON'T do this or don't do this intentionally, such as DashArmy).
Old September 2, 2012, 11:55:11 AM
Giratina

I haven't come across anyone trying to shove it down anyone's throats, just people having fun with it. Like me, I rarely talk about the show, I just like to watch it and talk about it with people who've seen the episodes I saw(A Lauren Faust/Craig work is something I just CAN'T pass up). The brony hate is just unnecessary. Different people have their favorite shows, one could be MLP. Some people just have a stone in their heart where they just have to bash people for what they like. *Plays John Lennon's "Imagine"*
Cat also had some definition for a fake brony, and even though I don't remember what it was, it's truthful.
Old September 2, 2012, 11:57:40 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I got my new laptop today~ Although it's the complete opposite of what I was expecting. Somehow my father bought me a BRAND NEW laptop instead of the other one that was used that he said got fixed. I don't know how this happened, but it's a pretty nice looking HP and I'm already loving it. I don't know where to start. Maybe I can actually use Steam now...
Brand? Specifics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Because there is a lot of trolling from both sides - the bronies and those who hate the bronies. If there wasn't so much trolling there surely would be peace and not so much drama involving the fandom or it's show. Kinda weird this is coming from me since I've been involved with some of the drama and trolling, admittingly. As a non-brony I can say that one of the most common "complaints" about the fandom is how some bronies like to shove the show down everyone's throat (which isn't a fair stereotype of the entire fandom since many bronies DON'T do this or don't do this intentionally, such as DashArmy).
So, is it like the problem with Pokémon, non-fans attacking for whatever the reason is? Plus, does the show have some hidden messages for adults, because I can't seem to grasp how this cartoon for kids has a huge fandom of adults?
Old September 2, 2012, 12:00:16 PM

Quote:
Brand? Specifics?

So, is it like the problem with Pokémon, non-fans attacking for whatever the reason is? Plus, does the show have some hidden messages for adults, because I can't seem to grasp how this cartoon for kids has a huge fandom of adults?
Yeah, it's kinda like how people hate on Pokemon fans. I'm not a brony so I can't really explain all the reasons for why teens/adults like MLP though. You'd be better off asking a brony.
Old September 2, 2012, 12:14:07 PM
Giratina

Well I'm no brony, but I'm down with it because of the beautiful animation, the liveliness of the characters, the humor it has, the music, the plots, all the little different elements make me want to watch it. It's like sitting down and watching the Powerpuff Girls or another Cartoon Network classic. That's not really why I got in to the show, that's completely different, but that's why I'm still with it. I am a man of many tastes.
And I really know nothing about computers, I don't know what kind of specifics you'd want. I'd probably get them wrong, anyway.
Old September 2, 2012, 06:38:34 PM
Regigigas

Hi, guys!
Just letting you all know: A new episode of something awesome the former VRIM regulars were fond of will take place Saturday, September 9th, at 8:00 PM EST. Date and time subject to change to accommodate other players.

Last edited by Velociraptor78; September 2, 2012 at 06:39:22 PM. Reason: Italics go first, then read the bolds in order. If you joined the forum after like August, disregard this message. :V
Old September 3, 2012, 10:06:45 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Hi, guys!
Just letting you all know: A new episode of something awesome the former VRIM regulars were fond of will take place Saturday, September 9th, at 8:00 PM EST. Date and time subject to change to accommodate other players.
There are no italics, I think you mean underline. This was funny, but not slick at all.

I think my forum activity is gonna see a drop. The Last 15 Posts have been taken over by the forum RP. And I was so CLOSE to Keldeo!!
Ignoring the fact that I actually plan to sign up for it.
Old September 3, 2012, 12:26:53 PM
Volcarona

I'm hesitant about joining the VRRP that teamplasma created. My Poké-Battle skills suck. I dunno if I should join. :X
Old September 3, 2012, 12:41:22 PM

I'm trying my best to ignore all the clutter it's creating in the new posts.
Old September 3, 2012, 01:04:37 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalliumGrant View Post
I'm hesitant about joining the VRRP that teamplasma created. My Poké-Battle skills suck. I dunno if I should join. :X
What skills are you talking about? You just have to type your very own adventure that you always dreamed about.

I agree with PRS, the clutter is unbearable. More work for us! Yay!
Old September 3, 2012, 01:30:34 PM
Shaymin

I'm finally getting around to dying my hair
Old September 3, 2012, 01:44:48 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
What skills are you talking about? You just have to type your very own adventure that you always dreamed about.

I agree with PRS, the clutter is unbearable. More work for us! Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
I'm trying my best to ignore all the clutter it's creating in the new posts.
Yeah, I actually PM'd Cat to see if it was possible for him to add a feature so that users that could hide/block certain forums from showing up on their New Posts, if they wished. Which could be used for that new RPG, or the games forum, whatever! :3 It could be a useful feature for the non-mods.
Old September 3, 2012, 01:57:59 PM
Shaymin

I'm at a computer cafe with some friends playing a really fun game. I'll say more about it later.
Old September 3, 2012, 02:12:02 PM
Shaymin

I've never been to a computer cafe, though I've always wanted to. What are they like? :3 I'd probably just go on Reddit the whole time I was there...
Old September 3, 2012, 03:57:53 PM
Giratina

Today I went to Six Flags, enjoying the rides, whatever. After over 50 different times riding the same 7 rides standing in the same 7 lines, I find it odd that the thrill NEVER gets old. Except for the Superman. That ride is genuinely terrifying every time I get on, and I'm begging that the workers would let me off every time~ I even saw one of my buddies from school because apparently he WORKS there. But he didn't see me And as I was leaving, I got this totally neato Cartoon Network 20th anniversary poster. And on the back, a character scavenger hunt. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO BE SPENDING MY TIME FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS!
Old September 3, 2012, 03:58:12 PM
Shaymin

It's basically a place where a bunch of computers are and here, you can play many games with other people. It's actually so much fun.
Old September 3, 2012, 04:26:40 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
Yeah, I actually PM'd Cat to see if it was possible for him to add a feature so that users that could hide/block certain forums from showing up on their New Posts, if they wished. Which could be used for that new RPG, or the games forum, whatever! :3 It could be a useful feature for the non-mods.
I am pretty sure there's a way, he did it for the forum games so yeah.
Old September 3, 2012, 06:30:08 PM
Zoroark

I'm back in Vermont for college.

Not that anyone cares anyway.
Old September 3, 2012, 07:16:25 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero View Post
I'm back in Vermont for college.

Not that anyone cares anyway.
Now don't be like that... If that is the case, why do I even speak?