Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Walkthroughs and Let's Plays

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 16, 2012, 09:25:56 AM
Regigigas

Default Voice Actors for a Mystery Dungeon Playthrough

I'm not exactly sure if this is the place to request it, but instead of voicing every character in Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team myself, I thought it would be pretty unique and a nice community project together to get voice actors best suited for each character, NPC's included. I would like to intend this thread as a discussion/application thread, if you don't mind.

I've had quite a few fun playthroughs with the spinoff series myself and it is rather close to my heart. For anyone that would love to voice a character, please post here, and we can discuss it. Thread can be moved somewhere else if it needs too.

I can do most of the video editing myself, and only need the voice clips to insert them where needed. I may or may not need to re-record it as I read rather quickly which results in pressing the A button more often then others, requiring the text to be spoken faster then normal.

Some voice roles I can think of right off the bat are:
  • Main Character (currently Charmander)
  • Partner (currently Chickorita)
  • Mail Delivery Pokemon, Pelliper
  • Pokemon Square NPC's (Lombre, Keckleon Brothers, Wishcash, etc)
  • Side Characters (Alakazam/Team ACT, Gengar, etc)
  • Important story driven characters (Gardevoir, Ninetails, Xatu, etc)

Videos    

As much as I'd love for everyone to have a part in this play though, please don't apply unless you really think you'd be the best person for the role.

I hope you'll take time to consider helping me out with this, and once some of the major roles are assigned to fill a few 'episodes', we can start putting it together for the final result. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by DashArmy; April 18, 2012 at 07:06:19 AM.
Old April 16, 2012, 10:55:59 AM
Giratina

(Yes this is the right spot to request because it deals with LPs)
Looks interesting. I might be able to voice act Xatu and possibly Alakazam if I can get the voice correctly. You just need to give me the lines that the characters say and I'll record to the best of my ability.
Old April 16, 2012, 11:12:54 AM

Sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind doing something like this.
Old April 16, 2012, 11:31:25 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
You just need to give me the lines that the characters say and I'll record to the best of my ability.
Would you find it easier to read the lines from text or from the game recording itself?

Last edited by DashArmy; April 16, 2012 at 11:32:41 AM.
Old April 16, 2012, 02:59:44 PM
Haxorus

Oooh! This sounds intresting! I would love to do Gardivoir or Chickorita (If female)~!

Last edited by Super Pichu62; April 16, 2012 at 03:00:44 PM.
Old April 16, 2012, 04:10:47 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pichu62 View Post
Oooh! This sounds intresting! I would love to do Gardivoir or Chickorita (If female)~!
Once I record a decent portion of the game (or if you can somehow manage to find every single dialog of spoken text in the game on the internet somewhere) then I can select a few lines for you to try out.

I'll try to brainstorm a more streamlined process, and update the first post for later. Once we can decide for voice actors for at least every role up to Mt Thunder we can put out a few episodes, but for now I'll compose a full list of characters and possibly their lines for organizational purposes.

Also, if you voice practically anything on YouTube, PM me one of your videos so I can get a general idea.

EDIT: Also, any suggestions for the Main and Partner's names?

Last edited by DashArmy; April 16, 2012 at 04:26:12 PM.
Old April 16, 2012, 06:31:04 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashArmy View Post
Once I record a decent portion of the game (or if you can somehow manage to find every single dialog of spoken text in the game on the internet somewhere) then I can select a few lines for you to try out.

I'll try to brainstorm a more streamlined process, and update the first post for later. Once we can decide for voice actors for at least every role up to Mt Thunder we can put out a few episodes, but for now I'll compose a full list of characters and possibly their lines for organizational purposes.

Also, if you voice practically anything on YouTube, PM me one of your videos so I can get a general idea.

EDIT: Also, any suggestions for the Main and Partner's names?
Ok I will do a little research then. This is going to be fun~! ^~^

EDIT: Oh. Well I'm not good at naming but If you're okay with it the partners name can be Sasha! ^^

Last edited by Super Pichu62; April 16, 2012 at 06:32:15 PM.
Old April 17, 2012, 12:28:33 AM

I can voice...whatever. As long as it's not the main characters.
Old April 17, 2012, 03:41:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashArmy View Post
Would you find it easier to read the lines from text or from the game recording itself?
If you mean by "game recording" you mean what you recorded, I think that will be easier because then I'll know at what speed I should speak (because of your button taps).
Old April 17, 2012, 04:24:27 PM
Regigigas

I WANT TO BE XATU
Okay, but seriously, I'll volunteer for any position you'd need me for.
Old April 18, 2012, 06:13:10 AM

I would also like to volunteer, but I am not sure what pokemon I would be best suited to voice act as.
If I may make a suggestion, should there be another category of voice roles that involves Boss Pokemon; such as Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, etc? I know boss pokemon generally don't speak very much, so maybe members can have multiple roles.

Last edited by Reuniclus; April 18, 2012 at 06:13:29 AM.
Old April 18, 2012, 07:03:45 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
If you mean by "game recording" you mean what you recorded, I think that will be easier because then I'll know at what speed I should speak (because of your button taps).
Yeah, that sounds like the better solution. Updated the first post.

edit: Reun, give me some time to record more portions of the game first so I actually have lines for you to try out. It might take a while, but rest assured, it will be done.

Last edited by DashArmy; April 18, 2012 at 07:18:50 AM. Reason: RESUHN FERR EDITING no