Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 19, 2011, 01:56:31 PM
Servine

Default Portal 2

Well it's finally happened, our favorite murderous computer has been rebooted. Who here's gotten this game? Thoughts on it? Likes and dislikes? All that fun stuff.

I'm only about a half hour into the single player (was asleep when it released at 2:00 lol), but loving it so far. I can't wait to see all the new devices they came up with for the puzzles. And co-op should be an exhilarating little mess too. I can see myself not getting much schoolwork done over the next several days. lol

Discuss.
Old April 19, 2011, 03:18:55 PM
Floatzel

Oh god, Portal 2. I played it for about two and a half hours this morning (woke up at 4:30 AM, after it had been out for two hours) before being dragged away forcibly for school. Oh god, it is awesome.

BUT NO SPOILERS.
Old April 19, 2011, 03:59:39 PM
Giratina

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to play it. The story is amazing, the new gameplay features are pretty damn good (Though I did find a few chambers a bit boring), and the graphics are amazing, expecially considering the age of the Source engine.

There's so much character in the game. GLaDOS is her usual self, Stephen Merchant did an AMAZING job voicing Wheatley, and the game's full of humour and emotion. The story moved along so well, there were so many unexpected plot twists, it's easily my favourite game of this year so far (Yes, even surpassing Pokémon Black and White). I haven't even tried Co-op yet.
Old April 19, 2011, 04:38:32 PM
Regigigas

Oh god, I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow when I get some cash.
From what you guys have said about it my anticipation is at it's breaking point!
Old April 19, 2011, 05:25:17 PM
Servine

God yes. Wheatley is amazing. Cave Johnson is awesome too. Especially when
Spoiler Alert:    
you get to the "old testchambers" and he assumes the role of GLaDOS

^ which is where I am in the game right now. So many awesome new quotes from that guy. I dunno about everyone else, but one of the things I've been looking forward to the most in this game was new jokes. In my opinion, GLaDOS isn't as impressive as before, but Wheatley and Cave make up for it. And then some.
Old April 20, 2011, 02:21:44 PM
Charizard

Started playing at 2 AM on Tuesday for release, played through the whole game in one sitting. It took me about 8 hours... and I loved it! When
Spoiler Alert:    
Wheatley took over GLaDOS' role of testing, that was an amazing plot twist
and the end was very surprising too, when
Spoiler Alert:    
Chell makes a portal on the MOON!
and when
Spoiler Alert:    
GLaDOS saves Chell and let's her free, and gives her the old companion cube she had to incinerate in Portal 1
Too bad
Spoiler Alert:    
There isn't really room for a Portal 3, unless it includes Atlas and P-body. Not really sure that happens to them, I haven't finished up the co-op yet.

That was a lot of spoilers, don't click them if you don't want to spoiled, obviously.

Last edited by Jared; April 20, 2011 at 02:22:06 PM.
Old April 20, 2011, 10:54:38 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I woke up at 5:30 this morning to play it.
^, I played it the first second it came out. That's how much time I devoted to it's countdown. It's soooo awesome. I finished the game just today. It's a really good game overall. Oh, the multiplayer is pretty fun as well.
Old April 20, 2011, 11:09:31 PM
Regigigas

I scraped together the extra cash to finally pick it up this morning with my good friend Hector,we finished it at around 6 after a none stop play session, so I figure we made pretty good time. The story is absolutely flawless and God, how I love Wheatley.
Right now I'm starting up co-op and I might pull an all nighter so we'll probably finish that up too.
Old April 21, 2011, 07:17:19 AM
Shaymin

Everything I would say has already been said so i'll just say: Best. Single. Player. Game. Ever.

And if not that, then Funniest Game Ever.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; April 21, 2011 at 07:18:01 AM.
Old April 21, 2011, 07:18:06 PM
Haxorus

It's a great game, one of the greatest games I've ever played. *second place would be Halo*
Old May 8, 2011, 04:16:10 AM
Giratina

I'll be getting the game later on. Who knows, maybe they'll have the Orange Box 2.

So for now I'm going to hold myself off with Postal 2. Close enough, right?
Old May 10, 2011, 07:31:36 PM
Giratina

Heh, so I got Portal 1 and 2 on Saturday, and now I'm 8 hours into Portal 2. Easily the best graphics so far on my new machine and it runs smooth, really awesome game, the story is one of the best I've seen. Could be one of the most entertaining game I've played and one of the greatest.

Oh and I believe I just got to part 8 where
Spoiler Alert:    
Wheatley is testing me, and GLaDOS is a potato. <3