Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 11, 2011, 08:36:24 AM
Zoroark

Default Pokemon Red and Blue/Green conspiracies

In the original versions of Pokemon Red and Green versions (or blue) there have been quite a few rumors and conspiracies for years.
Here are the ones I think are interesting and would've wanted to see happen in the game:
Kangaskhan is Cubone's dead mother and a baby Kangaskhan is a Cubone and that's what skull it wears on its head. There was originally going to be a code for Marowak to evolve into kangaskhan, but at the last minute they put the code in a different spot because they had no time to remove it. Ya know, I wonder why did they remove it? It would've been cool to see that. So MISSIGNO. is the code they put in Cinnibar Island after you talked to the old man in Viridian city and flew there you would encounter it. I seriously wonder why they didn't just make Marowak evolve into Kangaskhan.

Metapod was going to evolve ino Venomoth and Venonat was going to evolve into Butterfree. Again, I sriously wonder what was wrong with this because Venomth looks more like Caterpie and Venonat looks more like Butterfree.

Gengar is a dead Clefairy. Makes sense, but not confirmed.

The original theme for Lavender Town in the Japanese version of Red/Green was at a higher pitch than the US version (I don't see a difference) that made many japanese kids commit suicide. This is called Lavender town Syndrome.

Gary's Raticate from Yellow died in the Lavender tower
What are your thoughts/opinions of these and what are some other ones you have found? Discuss!

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; July 14, 2011 at 10:00:16 AM. Reason: I wanted to add more rumors
Old July 13, 2011, 10:34:24 PM
Kyurem

As for the Caterpie/Venonat conspiracy, I think it may connect to the anime. If they intended for Ash to catch a Caterpie, it would have to evolve into Venomoth, which isn't the most lovable-looking Pokemon. They couldn't have Ash catch a Venonat either, since Venonat isn't available that early. As such, a simple evolutionary change could fix everything!
Old July 14, 2011, 09:57:00 AM
Zoroark

Makes sense.
Old July 24, 2011, 09:39:18 PM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plusleplusminun View Post
Kangaskhan is Cubone's dead mother and a baby Kangaskhan is a Cubone and that's what skull it wears on its head. There was originally going to be a code for Marowak to evolve into kangaskhan, but at the last minute they put the code in a different spot because they had no time to remove it. Ya know, I wonder why did they remove it? It would've been cool to see that. So MISSIGNO. is the code they put in Cinnibar Island after you talked to the old man in Viridian city and flew there you would encounter it. I seriously wonder why they didn't just make Marowak evolve into Kangaskhan.
I don't know or even think Kangaskhan had any official connections to Cubone's line unless it was officially spoken of. Missingno isn't one Pokemon hard coded into the actions you do with Mr Coffee and Cinnabar/Seafoam. Rather, that exploit occurs because blah blah name data in Pokemon encounter blah blah never overwritten with real Pokemon etc.
I think Missingno was just a 'default' Pokemon sort of thing, apparently 190 Pokemon were gonna be in RGB, but only 151 were fully programmed. The rest are apparently 39 Missingno types. Anything beyond 190 in the game's code is completely different data being misread as Pokemon.

Quote:
Gary's Raticate from Yellow died in the Lavender tower
RGB players are bad and should feel bad. I don't

Last edited by Glitchy Furrystuff; July 24, 2011 at 09:40:27 PM.
Old July 25, 2011, 08:38:09 AM
Zoroark

Where'd you get the troll face?
Old July 25, 2011, 12:00:54 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Where'd you get the troll face?
The troll face is a meme. just put in trollfaec and put these befor the letters and after the letters without spaces like this (random word for example)
:ferrothorn:

Just put trollfaec insted
Old July 25, 2011, 08:19:03 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
The original theme for Lavender Town in the Japanese version of Red/Green was at a higher pitch than the US version (I don't see a difference) that made many japanese kids commit suicide. This is called Lavender town Syndrome.
What I gather is that the high pitch of the Beta version of Red/Green in Japan was so eerie and painful that it caused many kids to be sent to the hospital. Although death was an extremely rare occasion, it likely resulted in trauma. I've actually heard that this was confirmed, but you never really know. I somehow doubt that it drove kids to suicide-- that seems like an exaggeration, although for all we know, the whole thing could have easily been made up.
My friends claimed to have found the original soundtrack. I myself have not listened to it, but from what they've told me, whether the soundtrack is fake or not, the effect is VERY real. Does this mean this story is true? Maybe. Maybe not. But just be careful how high you turn your GameBoy volume...
Old July 28, 2011, 05:28:04 PM
Zoroark

I don't think any of those evolutionary things have actually been confirmed. THey're interesting theories, but nothing more, I don't think. Same with Gengar and Gary's Raticate, but Lavender Town Syndrome? That's just a bunch of nonsense.
Old July 30, 2011, 05:12:11 PM
Mudkip

I heard all these rumors except the ones about the Butterfree and Venomth, but yeah o_o Venonat looks a lot more like Buttterfree.
Old July 30, 2011, 10:51:06 PM
Haxorus

I listened to the Lavender Town music carefully. the tunes are long and pretty loud and there's a part where the tune raises in pitch. If I take that same tune and give it a db gain of +9 or +12, that should be enough to rape a little one's ears. Plus sound distortion is never good to the ears, so yeah that Lavender Town Syndrome might be true.

Last edited by UltimaRaichu; July 30, 2011 at 10:51:32 PM.
Old July 31, 2011, 07:14:39 PM
Landorus

I belive the part on metapod into venomoth. Why didn't they do it? it would have been better and alot more scence.
Old August 5, 2011, 01:55:26 PM
Mudkip

I've heard about the higher pitched Lavender Town theme.
Old January 31, 2012, 09:30:29 PM
Charizard

The Lavender Town Syndrome one scares the HELL out of me
Old February 1, 2012, 02:07:11 AM
Rayquaza

The Lavender Town thing is easily false, remember this is the same country that has banned porygon from every episode of pokemon and refused to air the Team Rocket specials because of an earthquake.
Old February 3, 2012, 09:33:28 PM
Servine

The music lavender town consiry is fake, the music was replaced due to its erratic change's in frequency. not because it was causing death's