Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

View Poll Results: What Kind of Pokemon Wii u Game Should we have?
Pokemon Stadium/Battle Revolution 3 27.27%
Pokemon Coliseum/Narrative Game 6 54.55%
Fighting Game based off Concept Art 0 0%
PokePark Sequel 0 0%
Something completely different. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old April 15, 2014, 06:03:33 AM
Rayquaza

Default What would you like to see as a Wii U game

Based off patterns we can expect a Generation 6 Wii U game by the end of the year.

So what kind of game would you like to see.

I'd want to see another narrative game like XD/Colosseum.

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 15, 2014 at 06:06:31 AM.
Old April 15, 2014, 07:24:47 AM
Kyurem

Pokémon Snap sequel. The Wii U just seems to have been made for it. It would be perfect.
Old April 15, 2014, 09:57:12 AM
Volcarona

I'm more for a sixth gen Battle Revolution/Stadium, considering that the fifth gen had nothing of the sort. It needs to happen.
Old April 15, 2014, 12:03:03 PM
Administrator

I know they're working on something new. They teased a very brief gameplay video with Lucario and Blaziken in a more realistic Street Fighter-style arena. Whether or not that's a fighting game (think M.U.G.E.N.) or something entirely different will hopefully be revealed soon.

A new Stadium/Revolution would be great. Even though the handheld games have 3D rendering, battling on a large screen is much more satisfying at parties, plus it could be in full HD (1080p) instead of LD (240p). Considering Pokémon Box has come back as Pokémon Bank, that as a standalone title is no longer on my wish list, but a Stadium/Revolution Wii U game should have built-in connectivity with the system, in addition to connectivity with X/Y and additional games this generation.

Another wish is for them to come up with a new, awesome spin-off.
  • The PokéPark games were fun, but I feel that series only needs two titles and doesn't need to be milked.
  • Snap was a lot of fun, and the original felt incomplete. Sure, it doesn't need all 700+ extant Pokémon, but a few hundred would suffice (unless it causes a backlash like Gates to Infinity did because random favorites were missing).
  • Puzzle League doesn't need Pokémon characters. Even at age 10, I felt that game was a cheap money grab for Pokémon fans. Let that "series" remain with just the original Panel de Pon characters.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; April 15, 2014 at 12:04:38 PM.
Old April 16, 2014, 10:18:10 AM
Giratina

The Stadium games are nice, but with the 6th Gen graphics rivaling those I don't think it's all that necessary. But with an HD game with a different plot and Wii U special mechanic like Coliseum and XD would be something I'd love, especially since the last 2 generations were without one. I would say something about PokePark and Snap, but I agree with Cat totally. A new Puzzle League would be good if they changed it up like they did with Trozei.
Old April 16, 2014, 12:07:24 PM
Keldeo

Some sort of puzzle game, like Trozei. That way they won't have a chance to insult the idea of a story again.

Sorry. I mean, an Orre-ish style game would be pretty interesting, since those generally throw a new spin on the concept of Pokémon that's nice to see about once every few generations. Even if they didn't reuse the Snag Machine thing and came up with something new.

I somehow don't think a new PBR would do all that much for most people. 3DS graphics may still not quite be the Wii's, but they're not too far off and X and Y basically had all the PVP capabilities that those games did anyway.
Old April 16, 2014, 04:52:33 PM
Volcarona

Seeing as I just got into competitive Pokemon lately, I'd say Stadium. A Stadium 3 perferrably, but seeing as BR was sorta a Pokemon Stadium 3, I think it'll probably end up getting a different name. But, more of an emphasis on the online/competitive side of things. With maybe a touch of some mini games added on for some more possible replay value. Allowing 2-4 player Co-op/versus. Spectator mode would be nice. And, if they can, a tournament bracket mode for offline and online. Permitting and making it easier for forum sites like this to start group tournaments.
Old April 16, 2014, 04:54:59 PM
Regigigas

Colosseum/Gale of Darkness type game for sure. They don't have to pull the Shadow Pokemon all over again, but it can be done if they want.

A PBR/Stadium type game could work if they have more modes. Stadium provided mini-games, so something like that. Pokemon Karts?