Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 12, 2016, 11:07:58 AM
Joltik

Default Breeding in X and Y

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone does this in these forums. If you have any information or tips I'd like to hear it. Anything is welcome!
Old February 12, 2016, 01:35:23 PM
Keldeo

I've done some breeding in X and Y, what information you looking for?
Old February 12, 2016, 04:18:22 PM
Joltik

Maybe on how the offspring can inherit moves, natures, and ivs. I can't quite make sense of those.
Old February 12, 2016, 07:05:43 PM
Administrator

Inheritance of natures: Give the parent who has the nature you desire an Everstone. Its nature will pass to the child.

Inheritance of IVs: Three IVs will pass to the child of the six possible stats, selected at random. For each chosen stat, a random parent is selected to pass the stat. For instance, if the mother's Special Attack IV is 30 and is selected as one to pass down, the child will have a Special Attack IV of 30 as well. If you give a Destiny Knot to either parent, a total of five IVs will pass down (still selected randomly among both parents) instead of three. Check out this post I made soon after the release of X/Y for more details:
http://victoryroad.net/showthread.ph...019#post290019

Inheritance of moves: If either parent knows an egg move that the child can have, the move will pass on. Chain breeding may be required if neither parent can learn the move normally. This can be troublesome with Pokémon that have high ratios of males or are only of one gender.

This information does not apply to breeding prior to Generation VI. Some parts are not guaranteed but instead have only a 50% chance.