Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions If you're new, this is your first stop after signing up!

Search this Thread
Old November 19, 2012, 08:00:26 PM
Floatzel

Default Introduction: The dark scientist cometh.

Greetings. I am Professor Nightshade. I specialize in the study and training of Ghost-type Pokémon. Like many other esteemed scientists, I attempt to see Pokémon in a realistic, scientific light, without losing any of the magical qualities such creatures possess. However, I also attempt to mix science with superstition, to better understand the more unnatural species, primarily Ghost-types. After all, highly advanced science is indistinguishable from magic. So why cannot highly advanced science explain the magical qualities of the dead?

Science aside, I prefer a character front. I, as Prof. Nightshade, am somewhat of a hermit. I have many laboratories across Pokéarth, though my current dwelling is underneath an adandoned house I discovered, not far from Lentimas Town in the Unova region, that is teeming with ghostly activity. Why, I do not know—yet. During my studies, my Ghost-type Pokémon have matured well. I've challenged the Unovan Gyms, and won with little effort. I continued to Unova's Elite Four and the Pokémon World Tournament, learning both about my Pokémon and about myself in the process. Hearing of the Victory Road Gym League, I investigated at once. This is a prime opportunity to continue my study of these mystical Pokémon's combat abilities. Not to mention the sheer entertainment of battling. Who knows, perhaps I'll even become a Gym Leader in time!
Old November 19, 2012, 08:06:51 PM
Charizard

Welcome to Victory Road. We hope you'll enjoy it here.
Old November 19, 2012, 08:09:03 PM

*cracks a smile* You're not the only one aiming to beat the Victory Road Gym League. Your passion for battling interests me...I think we'll get along just fine. >:] I am Reuniclus, the former VR Psychic gym leader, it's a pleasure to read your mind. hehe We've been getting a lot of competitive battlers lately, hopefully we'll get a chance to see those abilities to the fullest. ;D
Old November 19, 2012, 08:34:19 PM
Giratina

Oooh, sciency. Your vision of Pokémon as realistic and scientific is veeeery interesting to my eyes, I may just have to look out for you here and there. Anyway, weeeeelcome to the Victory Road! Enjoy your time here, and I do hope you make it to the top of our VRGL.
Old November 19, 2012, 10:29:07 PM
Giratina

Hmm.. More challengers to the league. Looks like I'll HAVE to beat the league before you if I want to keep my promise with many people to become The Victory Road Ghost Elote Four Member!! However, I welcome you and wish you luck in the league!
Old November 19, 2012, 11:57:07 PM

Welcome to Victory Road. I hope you brought your strongest ghost Pokemon.
Old November 20, 2012, 12:14:58 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Nightshade View Post
However, I also attempt to mix science with superstition
That's not science if it cannot be falsified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Nightshade View Post
After all, highly advanced science is indistinguishable from magic.
Science is a system of statements based on direct experience, and controlled by experimental verification. Verification in science is not, however, of single statements but of the entire system or a sub-system of such statements.

Anyway, hi.
Old November 20, 2012, 12:25:42 AM
Kyurem

I spy... a literal ghost.

*pokes it*

Welcome to Victory Road. Let the Gyms show you the way to the top... if you can handle it. Have fun!
Old November 20, 2012, 08:48:29 PM
Administrator

Be careful! I have a Silph Scope. You're not getting by without me welcoming you. Ohai! Okay, I'm done. You can pass.
Old November 21, 2012, 05:47:39 AM
Rayquaza

Hello! I am an administrator of Victory Road Gym League. We look forward for your participation! Please read all the sticky threads of the League to make sure you are familiar with everything required.