Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What are you doing to commemorate his birthday?
Hosting a celebratory event! 1 25.00%
Going to a celebratory event! 0 0%
Reading Nigel Farage's Flying Free! 0 0%
Group reading of Nigel Farage's Flying Free! 0 0%
Watching his speeches on YouTube. 1 25.00%
Sending him a "happy birthday" e-mail! 1 25.00%
Not a whole lot, most likely. 2 50.00%
Other / I'm not sure yet. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old March 26, 2013, 05:45:26 PM
Servine

Default Nigel Farage; Hero of the British Isles

As some of you may know, Nigel Farage's birthday is on April 3rd. For those of you who don't know, Nigel Farage is a British freedom fighter who has been fighting for freedom, democracy, gun ownership and the national sovereignty of his people for two decades now.

In the early 1990s, Nigel Farage and other British patriots founded the Anti-Federalist League, which was later renamed the "UK Independence Party." The UK Independence Party started off as a relatively small party without much influence, but by the late 1990s it grew into a strong opposition party, representing libertarianism and populism. Over the past decade, UKIP has grown massively and under Nigel Farage's leadership and is now the third largest political party in the United Kingdom.

In the last few years alone, UKIP has made massive gains in local elections, devolved elections and national elections in the United Kingdom. Today UKIP has dozens of councilor seats, a seat in the Northern Ireland Assembly, three seats in the House of Lords and eleven seats in the European Parliament. In the last general election, UKIP received ~6% of the vote and had a single seat in the House of Commons (though the MP later defected). In the three years since the last election, UKIP has massively gained in support and virtually all opinion polls in the country show UKIP set to take ~30% of the vote in the next election, confirming UKIP's status as the third largest party in Britain.

In honor of this great man's life, accomplishments and his party, I am hosting a celebratory event at my college. This event shall include a speech I am preparing, as well as information and discussion about both Nigel Farage and UKIP. I will also be signing copies of Nigel Farage's novel, Flying Free, if anyone asks me too. I will also invite guest speakers to come and give speeches about Nigel Farage and UKIP. What are you doing to celebrate the life and times of this great man?

Last edited by Saigon; March 26, 2013 at 05:50:16 PM.
Old March 26, 2013, 08:38:40 PM
Giratina

I've never been too interested in the affairs of other countries or politics at all, but it sounds like that man has done a great job with his revolution. Unfortunately on that day I'll be on a 15 hour bus ride to Florida, but maybe I'll be able to listen to speeches as we drive.
Old April 3, 2013, 05:49:37 PM
Servine

Only six people attended the event, but overall it went pretty well and we had a good discussion. I look forward to having more, hopefully larger, events in the future.