Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 30, 2012, 03:58:27 PM
Regigigas

Default SyracuvatTenlii used Rest! Rest turned into Hibernate! It's Super Effective!

Some people have already been made aware of what's happening with me in regards to the forum, but rather than sinking to the level of past staff members who have up and left with intentions to never return, I feel I have reached a better solution. Effective Tuesday, January 1st, 2013, and until July 1st, 2013, I will be completely inactive and away from the forums. Very occasionally, I may drop by to see how people are doing and perhaps ask a question or two on the thread, but for the most part, I will not be around.

The reasons for my extended absence are as follows:

I. Potential conflict with certain other members: They will largely remain anonymous, although a rather obvious single example to most is the admin, Cat. Again, though, with the whole I don't want to just leave out of frustration, and furthermore there is no specific event that has caused me to come to this decision, but moreover a few different decisions he's made that I've taken issue with. I'm primarily concerned that if I stick around and let any tension build up, things won't be pretty.

II. Academics: I'm not in the worst position imaginable at my college after this first semester, but things can definitely improve, and I feel that it's important that I take this semester seriously to make sure I have a solid footing for the rest of college. It might seem as though I'm taking rather drastic measures to do this, but first of all, it's not the only reason, and second, I do feel like my productivity has been struggling lately, and the forums have been in a somewhat significant part a factor in that.

III. Video Projects: I would really like to be a content producer on Youtube, and I have some ideas that I really need time and effort to make sure come to fruition. Again, this is a matter of me trying to stay productive in the things that I'm doing, and it would be easier if I temporarily dropped one of the things calling for my attention to put some extra effort in the other ones. Hopefully I can return a more productive Quilava. Maybe famous! ...Yeah, probably not famous...

The primary reason I have set a very specific time for me to be gone is that I feel the time I've set is an adequate length, and it's something for me to hold myself to. It's also so that people don't wonder when/if I'll ever come back. I will. And I will on the specified date. If I don't that means I'm dead. Or late. (referential humor solves EVERYTHING! Bonus points for who gets it)

Either way, I'm here today and tomorrow if you have anything to say, and as I said previously, I may drop in from time to time to check in, but don't count on that happening any more often then monthly until my full return.
Old December 31, 2012, 06:16:58 AM
Rayquaza

It is never nice to see members leaving, especially when they are/were staff. Good luck with your college work nevertheless.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; December 31, 2012 at 06:17:07 AM.
Old December 31, 2012, 08:07:43 AM
Giratina

Aw... Bye Syra! You'll be missed, and be sure to drop in from time to time! Good Luck with whatever happens before you appear online again~