Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 28, 2010, 08:04:21 AM
Giratina

Default Which do you prefer: Wii, Xbox 360, or Playstation 3?

I've owned all three at some point, so I think I have a say in this. The PS3 failed to keep me occupied for long, so we ended up trading it in after a measley half a year.
I got a 360 just over a year ago, and it's still regularly used, especially online with friends, which is loads of fun. I also love it because I have every Guitar Hero game that's out on it! I'm a massive Gwitwar Hewo fan.
My Wii was used heavily in the first year I had it. It has a hugely diverse library of games, and was the king of innovation when it was released. However, lately I've used it less and less (That started once I got my 360). And now, seeing Project Natal is so close, I have a feeling it's going to be used even less. I still occasionally go on it to play some Mega Man or Mario Galaxy, but not too often. Maybe that'll change with Super Mario Galaxy 2? We'll see...

So overall, my favourite is the 360, with the Wii in close second. In my opinion, the PS3 just didn't cut it in the entertainment value (and lagged when I tried to play some games with the "amazing graphics" that it promised). And the online for the 360 costs little compared to the entertainment I get. Maybe I just have good friends!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 31, 2010 at 05:07:32 PM.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:43:58 AM
Volcarona

THIS MIGHT SPARK A FLAME WAR! IF IT EVER AND I MEAN EVER CAME TO CONSOLE WARS! And besides, most people here play Wii. So, of course you know what they will say.
Old April 28, 2010, 11:08:53 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
It's not against the rules though!
It's not, indeed, but if any flamewars or illogical discussion do break out, it's infractions and bans.

On this subject, it all boils down to gameplay for me, and in my experience, no console has provided a more immersive and responsive gameplay experience than the Wii has. With the Wii Remote's unique control schemes, I feel like I am in the game. Pointing at things to shoot them or pick them up, moving my weapons like I'm the one holding them... Graphics don't matter, they look superb with or without HD/Blu-Ray to run the games on.
Old April 28, 2010, 11:11:46 AM
Kyurem

I'm going to have to say the 360. Sure the Wii is known everywhere, and I am sure most people here have one, but in my humble opinion, the console really is not that great. When I go to Gamestop and look at the Wii games, the massive majority of them are something along the lines of "Crazy Party Games 4!" or "My Hair Salon", or the like. Nintendo didn't do a great job releasing lots of good games for the Wii, since the best ones that come to mind are Super Smash brothers Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. I am sure Metroid Prime 3 (or whatever it was) was good, but I have not played it and thus can not comment. The 360, however, has managed to create an excellent form of online gaming, which the Wii is lacking in, because there are so few good games over Wifi, there can be massive amounts of lag, and because Nintendo is so strict over Wifi rules (*cough* friend codes *cough*) The 360 also has a fantastic array of games, and does not rely on the sometimes infuriating motion controls of the Wii. On the topic of motion controls, they work well in some games such as Zelda where you use it to slash your sword, but far too many games (namely poor 3rd party game) rely too much on the motion controls.

My vote is the 360, but I admit I am completely ignorant to the PS3, as I know so little about it.
Old April 28, 2010, 12:44:29 PM
Linoone

I like the wii the most and the ps3. I don't like the 360 just because they burn out alot and I play that the least.
Old April 28, 2010, 06:52:03 PM
Regigigas

PS3 it is for me, mainly kause it has my type of games I really enjoy the Wii as well though. I'm not into the 360 side since I do not enjoy shooting games at all and because it is an unreliable konsole.
Old April 30, 2010, 03:40:12 AM
Linoone

I have a mix between 360 and Wii.
360 - Never Ending War Games
Wii - Colorful Games that Keep you Entertained.
As you can see I can't make up my mind so I say both. =3
Old April 30, 2010, 05:27:58 AM
Rayquaza

Even though I don't have one I have to admit PS3 since it has the most first part support and better graphics compared to the wii.

BUT most of them are first person shooters so I'll have to say wii because it was so many games.

Last edited by Magmaster12; April 30, 2010 at 05:29:08 AM.
Old April 30, 2010, 05:43:47 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazza View Post
I have a mix between 360 and Wii.
360 - Never Ending War Games
Wii - Colorful Games that Keep you Entertained.
As you can see I can't make up my mind so I say both. =3
That's my opinion also. I just don't know which is better. They are all equally entertaining. I played a PS3 ,but don't have and have to say it's awesome... ,but too expensive. Anyways, my vote goes on... Xbox360 and Wii because I never played PS3 that much.
Old April 30, 2010, 09:04:58 AM
Shaymin

-awaits Flame War-

Haven't played much of PS3 or 360, but it's really hard for me to choose. Each system is good for what it does, but it has drawbacks.
Some examples:

Wii: Great motion controls; used for kiddy games mostly.
360: Great online; costs money to get online.
PS3: Great graphics and original games; Really expensive, and there are a ton of ports of stuff on the cheaper 360.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:36:41 PM
Keldeo

360>wii>PS3 =w=
Im a lil biased towards 360 because im just not getting it but I played it alot at my friends house. Graphics are better then wii, its cheaper then the overpriced PS3, and it has the majority of fighting games on it, with the exception of tatsunoko vs capcom which was exclusive to wii~! =w=
Old May 2, 2010, 12:42:32 PM
Floatzel

The Wiiiiii. It has motion sensors. The PS3 sucked for me. I only played Little Big Planet on PS3. The Wii also has the best games because it's made by Nintendo!
Old May 2, 2010, 01:46:52 PM
Giratina

Pfft. I have no real opinion. In my view, Wii=360. PS3...Sony needs it's touch back. PS3 seemed like a PSP with Blu-Ray to me. It needs that awesome touch that made the PS better than Nintendo.
Old May 2, 2010, 01:51:35 PM
Shaymin

I personally like the Wii. I have only played Wii and Xbox. To me the Wii has awesome controls and is easy to play and there is a wide variety of games.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:41:54 PM
Haxorus

I liek the Playstation Wii60...

No, but seriously, I like the Wii, with the 360 in a close second. I like the Wii mostly because it has Nintendo games.
Old May 3, 2010, 06:07:23 AM
Giratina

I probably should've put up a poll... Oh well.
Old May 19, 2010, 07:49:49 PM
Servine

Having never played the PS3, I cannot speak for its playability.

Between the Wii and the Xbox 360, however, I would have to say that the 360 easily wins since the range of games which can be played online for the 360 vastly outnumber the games one could play on the Wii in such a manner.

Let's be honest, how many good games do you play online for the Wii, two? Brawl and Mario Kart Wii? Even then the online play is shoddy at best. There simply is no comparison when it comes to online play; the 360 beats the Wii, hands down.

Also Ningamer: Given the previous statement that a majority of people here play the Wii, I don't see what a poll would otherwise prove. It may be that this thread's use of the term "better" is couched in terms of popularity rather than in superiority.

Last edited by Bela; May 19, 2010 at 07:52:07 PM.
Old May 19, 2010, 08:18:35 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
Let's be honest, how many good games do you play online for the Wii, two? Brawl and Mario Kart Wii? Even then the online play is shoddy at best. There simply is no comparison when it comes to online play; the 360 beats the Wii, hands down.
My main argument exactly. Not enough truly great Wii titles.
Old May 19, 2010, 08:51:01 PM
Regigigas

I've always been a Nintendo person through and through, so my opinion is obviously biased. The Wii is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, Nintendo does great things with it, and nearly every Nintendo made Wii game is good. On the other hand, no third party companies have ANY idea what to do with it, and very few games they make fit the Wii well. Thus, unlike the Gamecube, which had lots of support, the Wii is held up by almost Nintendo alone, and they can only make so many games. It really does depress me to see all of the horrible third party titles for the Wii.

Still, I just prefer Nintendo made games. Looking at the other consoles games, most of them are just the same FPS over and over and over again, and I'm not a huge fan of those kinds of games. There are certain games, like Portal, Team Fortress 2, Ratchet and Clank, they look fun, but they're not worth buying the system for.

Last edited by Sableyed; May 19, 2010 at 08:51:45 PM.
Old May 20, 2010, 02:27:29 PM
Regigigas

Eh. I don't like the wii. It gets annoying when you have to jerk your hand forward and sideways repeatedly.Dx I've actually never tried the PS3. Its pretty cheap now, but my brother is trying to get another 360 for the both of us to play on. I like 360 because its got Xbox Live and it has amazing graphics. It doesn't scratch discs, and its like a computer or something, as what my bro would call it.
Old May 21, 2010, 02:17:05 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPun View Post
Eh. I don't like the wii. It gets annoying when you have to jerk your hand forward and sideways repeatedly.Dx I've actually never tried the PS3. Its pretty cheap now, but my brother is trying to get another 360 for the both of us to play on. I like 360 because its got Xbox Live and it has amazing graphics. It doesn't scratch discs, and its like a computer or something, as what my bro would call it.
GO WITH PS3! D:
Ok, so like I was gonna buy a xbox360 right? You gotta pay monthly on that thing for wifi, and also need some kinda special router thingy. AND it has more then a 57% crash rate within the first 3 years. The think has soooo many problems, do not get it. PS3 has only a 20% crash rate within 3 years. PS3 is much cheaper in the long run, and much more reliable. Also, you have to buy special hardives for xbox. With ps3 you can use any old cheap hardrive. Trust me on this. Xbox slowly eats at all the money you got. D:
Old May 21, 2010, 03:42:08 PM
Shaymin

Well, in terms of hardware, one must understand that the Xbox 360 can do what computers running Windows can do. Apart from certain specific software and other exceptions, the 360 is just a heavily customized PC.

The PS3 and the Wii are the two main competitors on the market. The PS3 dominates an easier online interface and graphics, but the Wii controls a better local interface and better gameplay than the PS3. At this point it becomes a matter of preference: Do you want that explosion you just set off to look pretty (PS3) or do you want to set off that explosion in the coolest way possible (Wii)? They both look cool, but they're different types of cool.

I like the Wii because it's got all the games I would typically play on it: Metroid, Pokemon, Mario, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Smash Bros., and VC games and WiiWare. The PS3 has very few solid franchises on it that aren't multi-console releases. What I do like about the PS3 is the relative easy-to-use PlayStation Network interface, which uses a nametag system a la Xbox LIVE's GamerTags. It's a close race in the end, but I prefer the Wii over the PlayStation 3, and I think the 360 is kinda... meh. The Xbox 360 also has very few solid console-exclusive franchises, the online gaming is restricted to a monthly subscription fee, the system itself can easily be overshadowed by a customized PC, and it's very buggy.
Old May 21, 2010, 04:26:05 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
GO WITH PS3! D:
Ok, so like I was gonna buy a xbox360 right? You gotta pay monthly on that thing for wifi, and also need some kinda special router thingy. AND it has more then a 57% crash rate within the first 3 years. The think has soooo many problems, do not get it. PS3 has only a 20% crash rate within 3 years. PS3 is much cheaper in the long run, and much more reliable. Also, you have to buy special hardives for xbox. With ps3 you can use any old cheap hardrive. Trust me on this. Xbox slowly eats at all the money you got. D:
Hmmmm...but my DMC4 is on a Xbox 360...D: But judging what you said, 360 sounds like a "best money wasted" thing. I could get Ps3, since all of my other games are PS2.
Old May 31, 2010, 04:59:40 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
the online gaming is restricted to a monthly subscription fee.
Correction: You buy prepaid cards that pay for this. You only pay monthly if you want to. For example a 3 month gold subcription is only $20.00 and yearly at $50.00 That money also pays mods to help moderate games, so no hackers, unlike the widely known action replay and homebrew's ocarina. And Wi-Fi is a add-on; it uses ethernet broadband which is often in most cases more reliable.

I don't care about graphics much, I just genrally look for a game and play it, I'm not a fanboy here; I care for all of my owned systems equally (to add to that, I have a Wii, DS, and 360) because they all deserve equal attention.And that faliure rate (for you noobs, this is called the red ring of death) is agreeable, I just hope mine dosen't do this. I didn't buy mine within the first three years, though.

I like the Wii because of more exclusive franchises that I do not need to name. Gameplay is solid and just, well, fun. It's not just for 'causual gamers' because there are a lot of games that actually require a decent amount of skill, e.g. Brawl, Pokemon, etc.

Even though I think all systems are equal, I don't like the PS3. I know, it's confusing, there really isn't any franchises. The better games were on ps2, eg. Kingdom Hearts.

TL;DR
Stop promoting console wars. This thread needs to be renamed. Now. I don't care if this is debate, it says which system is better. I think this should be "Which console do you prefer and why?"

Research your facts.

Last edited by DashArmy; May 31, 2010 at 05:00:42 PM.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:06:45 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshArmy View Post
TL;DR
Stop promoting console wars. This thread needs to be renamed. Now. I don't care if this is debate, it says which system is better. I think this should be "Which console do you prefer and why?"
*Calls for mod to change the title*
Crisis avoided. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:10:14 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Correction: You buy prepaid cards that pay for this. You only pay monthly if you want to. For example a 3 month gold subcription is only $20.00 and yearly at $50.00 That money also pays mods to help moderate games, so no hackers, unlike the widely known action replay and homebrew's ocarina. And Wi-Fi is a add-on; it uses ethernet broadband which is often in most cases more reliable.
But you still end up paying 80 dollars for three months totalling to a year, and the fifty dollars aforementioned. Oh, and the Wi-Fi adapter that you use to connect to online play wirelessly IS indeed an add-on, which... well, last time I checked you don't need to buy an external outlet to connect to WiiConnect24/PSN. I tried to set up my cousin's 360 to LIVE, and we couldn't do it wirelessly because we needed the external adapter. More money, by the way.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:16:03 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
But you still end up paying 80 dollars for three months totalling to a year, and the fifty dollars aforementioned. Oh, and the Wi-Fi adapter that you use to connect to online play wirelessly IS indeed an add-on, which... well, last time I checked you don't need to buy an external outlet to connect to WiiConnect24/PSN. I tried to set up my cousin's 360 to LIVE, and we couldn't do it wirelessly because we needed the external adapter. More money, by the way.
True. However, I bought a 3 month card and I got 12. I was all like o.0, so I guess I was lucky. I bought a 40$ 50 foot Ethernet for my router which is approximately 20$ less (maybe even more, unless the price somehow magically went down.) then the adapter. Of course, I was smart enough to check which type of connection it needed before I bought it. Goes to show that not everyone is tech smart, though. If it was you, though, lite, you probably would have had a much easier time.

Also Nin, are you renaming it yet?
Old May 31, 2010, 05:16:16 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Move the Xbox closer to the router and use an Ethernet Cable. More reliable and cheaper. Or, you can do what I do, and bridge the wireless connection through your computer/laptop.
And sometime every year they have special deals on membership. I'm now only paying £40 a year, Almost 1/3 off the normal price. Gold membership also gets you access to 50% off a different XBLA game every week.

@AshArmy, you can thank Ditto for that.

Last edited by Ningamer; May 31, 2010 at 05:17:44 PM.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:21:01 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
True. However, I bought a 3 month card and I got 12. I was all like o.0, so I guess I was lucky. I bought a 40$ 50 foot Ethernet for my router which is approximately 20$ less (maybe even more, unless the price somehow magically went down.) then the adapter. Of course, I was smart enough to check which type of connection it needed before I bought it. Goes to show that not everyone is tech smart, though. If it was you, though, lite, you probably would have had a much easier time.

He had it connected to an ethernet cable before, but he had to bring his Xbox 360 up and downstairs constantly in order to do so. (His ethernet cable wasn't that long.)

Oh, and as of now, his 360 has Red Ring'd and he is in the process of saving up money to send it in for repairs.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:23:52 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Oh, and as of now, his 360 has Red Ring'd and he is in the process of saving up money to send it in for repairs.
I see. I assume he didn't have that warranty anymore, then. I also, like I said, bought a ethernet cord. Of course the one included isn't going to fit. I had a one story house anyways though.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:57:08 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
It doesn't scratch discs
Well actually, it does scratch disks. (Low chance. Just don't move it when you playing) But, you can call Microsoft and they'll hook you up with another disk for free. (I don't think Sony does that xP)

I go with 360, with Wii in a close second.

360 Opionion, Don't flame me!    
360: It has alot of people on it's online service, so you can meet new friends to play with. The online service is a bit pricey, but you get alot from it. Such as Netflix,Facebook,Twitter,Videos(Gametrailers,Spike etc.) etc. It also had a wide variety of games, which most games I am interested in. It also has great graphics. If you watch some videos on youtube with the 360 and PS3 Game comparisons, the 360 is much clearer.
And most of the 360 fanboys don't diss other consoles and treasure their console saying things like "It's the greatest invention ever." This is what my friend said when I had a 360;
"your dum you stupid kid
go die in a hole
get a ps3 f*g"
Did I already say Sony stole the show from Microsoft at Gamescom when Microsoft was revealing that Fable III was in development?

Last edited by Buizel456; May 31, 2010 at 05:58:11 PM.
Old June 1, 2010, 09:50:17 AM
Regigigas

It's hard to pick each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Wii: Carries on the Nintendo gameline- Rather childish games, sensor controllers, Terrible Wifi.

PS3:Sensor and cable controller-nice shooters-free online

XBOX360:Wireless controller- perfect for shooters-p2p online

To me, it's a pick your poison scenario.

I currently have a wii
Old July 8, 2010, 03:04:55 PM
Kyurem

I haven't played the PS3 except for one PS2 game, so I'll just say my verdict on it now; PS2 = awesome, PS3 > PS2.

The Wii? It's always had a disadvantage in graphics, and EA recently stopped producing the Need for Speed series for the Wii. It's more for fun unrealistic gaming, a.k.a. the opposite of the XBOX 360.

The XBOX 360 is the one for realistic gaming *coughCallofDutycough*, and now most games are released for only that and the PS3. And you have to pay to go online, and you need to have an Ethernet cable for that. The Wii has free wireless Internet which is actually compatible with the WIN security type, which I happen to use.
Not to mention, voice chat can get kind of annoying, as my friend and I found out one time on his 360.

So really, I'd say that they're equal.

Last edited by NismoZ; July 8, 2010 at 03:06:51 PM.
Old July 11, 2010, 08:10:42 PM
Mudkip

Wii
Old July 21, 2010, 08:21:15 AM
Mudkip

I'm torn between the Wii and PS3. Some of the 360 games are good, but I can play them all on a different system.

The Wii has many fun (almost always multiplayer, and approx. 75% family-approved) games. It's the first and best motion sensor system yet (PSM doesn't look good at all), and it's Nintendo, which almost always makes many great games for their systems.

The PS3 is a great solo or 2-player system. I've played a handful of games for the PS3, and there are many others that look good, too. Also, the PS3 (like the 360) does a lot more than games (which the Wii sort of lacks in if you don't have Homebrew).

I personally own only a Wii, but I would say that the Wii=PS3>360.

Last edited by smartguy01; July 21, 2010 at 08:25:33 AM.
Old July 21, 2010, 09:47:02 AM
Giratina

D: Computer.

Reason: Anti-aliasing, true 1080p support, better cheat functions, modding capabilities, easily upgradeable, and more powerful.
Old July 21, 2010, 11:07:08 AM
Keldeo

I have a Wii, because it was made Nintendo, Parents busy using it for Netflix though, i want it back.
Old July 24, 2010, 09:11:20 AM
Charizard

I will say Wii because I like most of Nintendo's offerings but all three have their pros and cons, good games and bad. I just decided to pick up a Wii in 2008 to see if I would enjoy it. I liked the virtual console but the game library leaves something to be desired. I haven't tried XBox Live or the PSN probably because my main interest in games is waning.
Old July 28, 2010, 06:07:02 AM
Shaymin

I would rather go with a Wii in certain conditions, being most the games I play are either on most the consoles or Nintendo based. Other than that, I'd take a PS3 over a 360, mainly because my reputation with Xbox Live hasn't changed, that and I don't want to pay for online play on something I may not spend enough time on.
Old July 28, 2010, 04:39:00 PM
Haxorus

I prefer the PS3, mostly because of Playstation Home, it's awesome.
Old August 22, 2010, 08:07:35 AM
Volcarona

My fav is the Wii.

Now, I know a lot of people are going to think different about this ,but I perfer the 360 > PS3. Mainly for the controller itself feels more comfortable.

So, Wii > 360 > PS3. That's just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Mario227; November 30, 2010 at 11:55:16 PM.
Old August 22, 2010, 08:34:07 AM
Haxorus

In my opinion, the Wii beats the Xbox, the Xbox beats the PS3, the PS3 beats nothing.

Sorry, I just REEEAAALLLYYY hate the PS3, one thing is because of its fanboys. Another being the fact that Sony is just waaayyy too competitive that they don't focus on the console for even a SECOND. They just wanna win teh cashzz. Opinion.

Edited because I didn't want Jared to remove this post lolz.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; August 22, 2010 at 10:32:01 AM.
Old August 29, 2010, 03:18:46 AM
Celebi

Playstation, for reasons that the games are better. XBox is too gory for me, and the Wii just hasn't got enough good games yet.

Last edited by RotomGuy; August 29, 2010 at 06:31:04 AM.
Old September 10, 2010, 02:08:04 PM
Servine

I have PS3 and Nintendo Wii but i have played Xbox 360 at my cousins house.

I play PS3 more then my Nintendo Wii because I play Dragonball Z game titles mostly on PS3 since it can play Playstation 2 games aswell as Playstation 3 games. I use the built in DVD player to watch my movies and animes i've got in my dvd collection. I perfer Playstation 3.
Old October 3, 2010, 10:34:33 AM
Joltik

I only have a Wii, but I have played the Xbox 360 at my relative's house. I say the Wii is the better than the other two.

The reason why I think this is that, well, I basically hate war games, shooting games, etc. They are just too violent for me. The Wii has barely no shooting games besides Star Fox. The Wii also has beautiful and colorful game graphics.

Last edited by Nightlight; October 3, 2010 at 11:54:40 AM.
Old October 4, 2010, 05:32:15 PM
Volcarona

Well, I'd have to say Wii>PS3>360. And when I say that, I mean the Wii wins by a long shot and nothing's going to persuade me to hold a Sony/Microsoft controler.

The Wii has exellent creativity with their consoles, but don't really have great games. Of course, there's works like Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy that totally flies off the shelves on the first day they're released, but what made non-Nintendo games stink so bad? The classic Sonic games are exellent, even with just one button controlling the action, but then when you mention Sonic and the Secret Rings, it's just...no. Still, Nintendo makes exellent (And sometimes nonstalgic) games that appeals to all audiences. EDIT: I take back what I said about SEGA. Sonic Colors seems exellent. YET ANOTHER EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I love Nintendo's games. It's just the third parties that need to pick up the pace.

The PS3, exellent graphics. Sometimes the screenshots I see just leave me staring at that barely beliving what I'm seeing, that games can actually look so realistic. But the thing is, that's the only thing it has. The games don't really appeal to me, like the common FPS you see in magazines. I don't wanna just mindlessly shoot people's heads off. ANOTHER EDIT: I really don't like Sony's lack of creativity, though. *CoughMovecoughcough*

The Xbox 360...meh. The only "good" games I've heard of is CoD, and from what I know about it it's not very good. And you have to pay to get online. I'd rather have some very laggy Brawl over WFC than pay 30$ a month to snipe people for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited by LucarioMario; December 4, 2010 at 08:12:31 AM.
Old November 29, 2010, 12:35:36 PM
Zoroark

Wii, it keeps me active and not lazy
Old November 29, 2010, 03:05:56 PM
Haxorus

wii because it is the only one of the three i have.
Old November 29, 2010, 07:52:49 PM
Regigigas

I've had all three systems at a point in time. I traded in my 360 because it failed to keep me entertained and the fact you have to pay to play online was a turn off so I eventually traded it in for my PS3 after having it for only 4 months. My PS3 is awesome I play it all the time (when I get the chance.) and I have a vast number of titles for it. I love the Wii I got one last year but had to sell it for some extra cash but I just got the Limited edition Red Mario Wii which is even better because it came with the Motion + built into the wiimote. Overall I like the PS3 and Wii better but I'd pick up another 360 in a heart beat if I had the money.
Old December 1, 2010, 12:13:37 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
My fav is the Wii.

Now, I know a lot of people are going to think different about this ,but I perfer the 360 > PS3. Mainly for the controller itself feels more comfortable.

So, Wii > 360 > PS3. That's just my 2 cents.
Let me put this into more detail. Anyways, on the topic of Wii. The Wii is the only game console I have. Don't have PS3/360. (mainly because most of the good games on them are CoD or RDR ) Also, does the PS3 or 360 have a virtual console? I THINK NOT! That's one of the best features for Wii. Nintendo and Sega seems to be the only games I play on the Wii. Just because the Wii has kiddy games doesn't make it a bad system. (to all you Youtube Wii haters out there! D:<) Nintendo also has exclusive games. And, who cares about HD. I'm better off with my 480p thank you very much. Also, the Wii has the best controller. I played both the 360 and Wii versions of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. I perfer the Wii version mainly for the controller. And, don't even get me started on the Mario topic....Anyways, Wii > 360, PS3. I grew up with Nintendo, and that's the way it's going to be like forever. (*cough* Wii did it first ,Playstation Move *cough*)

But, as for 360 when I played it, it was interesting. I don't have an HD tv so I couldn't tell you if like the graphics of Final Fantasy 13 are excellent quite exactly. (FF13 isn't a great game, it's just...good.) When I do see it on my friend's HD tv. It looks great. And, I never tried XBL. Because I'm too lazy to work for the money.

PS3....well,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario
The PS3, exellent graphics. Sometimes the screenshots I see just leave me staring at that barely beliving what I'm seeing, that games can actually look so realistic. But the thing is, that's the only thing it has. The games don't really appeal to me, like the common FPS you see in magazines. I don't wanna just mindlessly shoot people's heads off. There could be racing games that I'll probably like, though. I just hope the Sonic games are better here. ANOTHER EDIT: I really don't like Sony's lack of creativity, though. *CoughMovecoughcough*
^

PS Move looks like crap in my honest to god opinion. Please stop copying others. Sony was just better off with the controller.

Overall, Wii gets my vote, hands down. Good graphics, Nintendo, and well....it's Nintendo.

Last edited by Mario227; December 1, 2010 at 12:14:36 AM.
Old December 2, 2010, 05:39:22 PM
Kyurem

Wii gets my vote. I'm more biased to it cause that's the only system out of the three I have. Plus it's Nintendo.. so yeah. ^^
Old December 31, 2010, 04:14:43 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
Plus it's Nintendo.. so yeah. ^^
That, my friend, is called Fanboyism

Now to make a post that isn't PC fanboyism: Playstation 3. Only because Sly 4 and Kingdom Hearts III will be out on it. Plus I like the Dualshock controller ergonomics.
Old January 1, 2011, 11:18:38 AM
Servine

I like the Wii, but that's probably because I only have a Wii. I do, however, have a PSI, an I always loved those. Also, PSIII's biggest hits are all things like GTA4, or Black Ops, and the only reason those sell is the violence, to which Nintendo has an advertence towards. The X-box just took Wii's idea and sold it for $300, 4 years later. Would you buy a GBA if it was sold by Sony now, for $100 more?
Old January 3, 2011, 09:56:16 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
It doesn't scratch discs
Tell that to my Halo ODST disc that now has a ring on it when I knocked it over. I think you mean if you take care of it.

Xbox 360- The game has a few solid franchises, but what I like the most about is it's online service. Yes, you have to pay for it, deal with it. I'd assume that money goes towards helping moderate the service itself and the games. That's why there are little to no hackers on the service.

Wii- I think it varies by game in terms of a online service. Brawl does horribly at this, while Mario Kart Wii has the most stable servers in my opinion. The Wii is good mostly for those old people who play Wii Sports all day Not really, as Ninty hasn't forgot about us hardcore gamers with Super Mario Galaxy, MKWii, Brawl and Twilight Princess. 3rd party titles just plain suck.

PS3- The online is free, but the amount of titles that really appeal to me is zero to none. I can't say much about this one as I do not own it, but what comes to mind is "what were you thinking" kind of thing.
Old April 18, 2011, 07:25:29 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
Well, I'd have to say Wii>PS3>360. And when I say that, I mean the Wii wins by a long shot and nothing's going to persuade me to hold a Sony/Microsoft controler.

The Wii has exellent creativity with their consoles, but don't really have great games. Of course, there's works like Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy that totally flies off the shelves on the first day they're released, but what made non-Nintendo games stink so bad? The classic Sonic games are exellent, even with just one button controlling the action, but then when you mention Sonic and the Secret Rings, it's just...no. Still, Nintendo makes exellent (And sometimes nonstalgic) games that appeals to all audiences. EDIT: I take back what I said about SEGA. Sonic Colors seems exellent. YET ANOTHER EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I love Nintendo's games. It's just the third parties that need to pick up the pace.

The PS3, exellent graphics. Sometimes the screenshots I see just leave me staring at that barely beliving what I'm seeing, that games can actually look so realistic. But the thing is, that's the only thing it has. The games don't really appeal to me, like the common FPS you see in magazines. I don't wanna just mindlessly shoot people's heads off. ANOTHER EDIT: I really don't like Sony's lack of creativity, though. *CoughMovecoughcough*

The Xbox 360...meh. The only "good" games I've heard of is CoD, and from what I know about it it's not very good. And you have to pay to get online. I'd rather have some very laggy Brawl over WFC than pay 30$ a month to snipe people for no reason whatsoever.
I'm gonna edit this list.

Wii: My opinion on this hasn't really changed.

Xbox 360: I would actually totally get an Xbox 360. The thing is there's not much games for it other than CoD that I know of other than Sonic Free Riders (Yes, Sonic Free Riders. :U).

PS3: My opinion hasn't really changed except the Xbox 360 bumped this thing down to the bottom of my list.
Old April 18, 2011, 08:32:57 AM
Shaymin

Wii, I don't own any of the others.
Old April 18, 2011, 04:11:10 PM
Regigigas

I've been a Nintendo fan from the start, so I'll always side with Nintendo before anything else. The Wii has great graphics for its mascots, who are already cartoony enough for simple animation based on their skills and abilities. The games are fun and intuitive, and the controls are (most of the time) perfect. The only real drawback is the inability to play DVD's but, since I already have a DVD player, I can avoid that problem easily.

The PS3, however, seems only like an upgraded PS2. The only real differences between the two are the Move, which is sucky anyways, the graphics quality, which is only slightly noticeable, and the game lineup, which is, shall we say, a bit lacking in the fun side. I will say this, though; The games are far more serious and dark than Wii or Xbox games.

I haven't had much experience with the 360, and none with the Kinect at all, but what I have seen of the 360 is less-than-satisfying: The graphics are sub-par, the games lineup is lacking in content and fun, and the prices for simple online communications are outrageous.

Overall, the Wii is my favorite of the three main-name consoles, with the PS3 in a distant second, and the 360 in an even more distant third place.
Old May 2, 2011, 05:39:16 PM
Charizard

I have the PS3.... Stupid PSN
Old May 3, 2011, 06:41:03 AM
Kyurem

I have to change my vote to Xbox 360. Of course there are the amazing graphics, but there's also the excellent controller (that unfortunately eats up batteries), and other things like disc storage (when a game like Forza has only 2GB of data it can't fit on disc 1 then that's pretty amazing), and the ability of loads of cutscenes and stuff. Also has a library of FPSes and racing games which really fits my interests. And in a few weeks of owning mine I've only overheated it once. I can play it for hours on end without problem.

Now, can motion control beat all of that?

(and now that I know how good the 360 is the PS3 sucks)
Old May 3, 2011, 07:51:10 AM
Volcarona

As of a few weeks ago I now own all 3 consoles.

Ive had the 360 for the longest (Since late 2006). I have a boatload of games for it, enjoyed most of them except for an unfortunate few *cough*quakewarsenemyterritories*cough*

I got the Wii a while back, dont have too many games for it though. I've got Brawl, Dead Space: Extraction and Twilight Princess. All were good fun. I'm searching about for Battle Revolution, no stores seem to stock it anymore sadly. Although im quite a hardcore gamer, I see why the Wii had so much success in the casual market. Even though I don't use it much, I definately had a fair bit of fun with it.

Got the PS3 just a few short weeks ago. I have FF13, InFamous and Resistance 2 for it. Dont really like Resistance, I mean, its friggin Call of Duty with aliens. Haven't played InFamous much, not impressed so far. However, I'm loving FF13 (Yes, I like FF13. Sue me, fanboys). Hoping to get more games soon. MGS4, Killzone and Little Big Planet are on the top of my list right now. Definately gonna have fun with the PS3.

I don't really have anything against any of the three. They're all fun in their own ways. Anyone who honestly doesn't see that, and hates on any others deserves a tight slap across the face. But if I had to pick, I guess I'd pick the 360. Gears of War is on it, and I am a total Gears wh*re (Nope, not cause of Halo. I don't really like Halo actually)

Random rant about controllers:
From a style and feel point of view, the 360 takes the cake. The PS3 controller feels like an awkward piece of Lego. However, the battery life on the PS3 controller is amazing. I've played over 12 hours with it on a single charge. It doesn't require me to handle some fat ass battery pack and I only need to charge it once every 2 days or so. The 360 controller on the other hand, is a complete bi**h to power. I absolutely hate powering the 360 controller. I constantly need to find new AA batteries (I mean really, who uses store bought batteries these days?) for it to work and all the charger cables I buy for it always break.
I'd pay 200 bucks for a 360 controller with the power capabilities of the PS3 one.
Old May 7, 2011, 07:18:42 AM
Zoroark

PS3.

Yeah I know,PSN got hacked,and I own a Xbox too,but I cant play with the Xbox Controller.It´s too ´´schwammig´´ for me...(german word that I can´t explain in english,like´´glitchy´´)
Old May 14, 2011, 03:48:48 AM
Mudkip

can't really blame sony for the network getting hacked those guys odviously knew what they were doing. anyway..ps3

Last edited by McMasters; May 31, 2011 at 09:33:57 AM.
Old May 14, 2011, 05:06:44 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTreecko View Post
PS3.

Yeah I know,PSN got hacked,and I own a Xbox too,but I cant play with the Xbox Controller.It´s too ´´schwammig´´ for me...(german word that I can´t explain in english,like´´glitchy´´)
^^^
I HATE the D-pad on the Xbox 360 controller! UGH!!!
Old May 20, 2011, 05:47:30 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
I've been a Nintendo fan from the start, so I'll always side with Nintendo before anything else. The Wii has great graphics for its mascots, who are already cartoony enough for simple animation based on their skills and abilities. The games are fun and intuitive, and the controls are (most of the time) perfect. The only real drawback is the inability to play DVD's but, since I already have a DVD player, I can avoid that problem easily.
As much of a Nintendo fan (I have N64 to Wii history) I am, I think the Wii is good. But, a bit overrated. And, I really don't care about CoD (hate it, I swear to god if anyone mentions how awesome it is I'm going to get an AK47 and go to thier house immediatly). IDK Wii lacks an adult library. The only M rated game I have on Wii is Resident Evil 4 which is keeping me busy. And when I looked at my Wii and looked at my 360 I noticed the huge size difference. Unfortunatly, the Xbox 360 has a couple of problems I dislike.

1. Online pay-PSN and Wii don't care this feature so this is complete BS as why they put it in. An big thing why I enjoy games is online. I shouldn't pay for it.

2. Wayyyyyy to many M rated games

3. Kinect- .....no comment....

4. CoD ****heads

5. Quite possibly the most BS thing of it all is the Red Ring of Death, quite like a virus I HATE IT!

I think Wii and 360 are in a tie. PS3 can die.
Old May 27, 2011, 05:31:57 AM
Volcarona

Well, I'm one who prefers E and sometimes T rated games, and plus I've been a ride or die Nintendo fan, so I have to say the Wii. We have a PS3, however, the games are all very similar. How many ways can you play a shooter genre game? Although I have to admit, the graphics on the PS3 is crazy... still, without that, PS3 would be nothing of interest to me. That said, GO NINTENDO!

Last edited by Nytz; May 27, 2011 at 05:32:25 AM.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:19:10 PM
Landorus

I would choose X-box 360
Old May 31, 2011, 09:38:57 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTreecko View Post
PS3.

ever notice that over the years, sony was the only company that has'nt changed their controller design?
Old June 11, 2011, 09:05:26 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11DBHK View Post
ever notice that over the years, sony was the only company that has'nt changed their controller design?
Actually, I'm pretty sure Microsoft has kept the same controller design, at least somewhat; All they did between the Xbox/360 was move the Start and Back buttons, and get rid of the two unlabeled buttons.
Old June 16, 2011, 12:48:18 PM

Wii for me. I do like PS3 though...I go to my friend's house sometimes to play Modern Warfare 2 on his PS3. I don't have the money to afford my own though. But I don't mind sticking to my Wii. I can play SSBB for hours.

If only my SSBB disc would work... >_> my Wii won't read it for some reason, no matter how many times I clean the disc.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:53:46 AM
Linoone

A long time ago, I would have picked Nintendo, and then maybe not too long ago, I would have said Microsoft.
But now, I say Steam Lol, I really stopped caring altogether about those three companies because now, to me at least, they've all disappointed me on various levels, lol.
Old July 5, 2011, 07:41:24 AM
Floatzel

I hate PS3, and the Wii has lost its original appeal to me, so I'd say 360.
Old July 5, 2011, 03:22:21 PM
Zoroark

Hardware? PS3 all the way. 360 and PS3 are nearly identical, but the 360 has a much worse record of failing than the PS3. But software-wise, Wii all the way.